Author Topic: I'm looking some rare games.  (Read 5165 times)

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
I'm looking some rare games.
« on: September 06, 2007, 03:03:50 pm »
I hunt rare good games but its near impossible to find them...

Okay the topics not quite clear I'm going to name some rare games I'm looking for and i would like it if anybody spots an online store that sell them heap to let me know. I say cheap because I'm not paying 150$ for a game that diden't cost 40 when it came out. I also know i can get them off ebay..but i don't really trust ebay

I'm not selfish enough to just make a topic solely for that so i want to promote discussion of rare games to..name ones you're looking for or would like to get. Please give descriptions.

Currently I'm looking for theses titles in this order.

DIGIMON WORLD ps1. Its one of the most original titles around then bandai tore the series to pieces. In this one it sorta plays like a taomagotchi. You get one digimon at a time feed it and take care of it train it and fight it. And try to get it to digivolve into a form you want since each digimon has multiple forms its a challenge to do so. The game is an adventure type and you're digimon controls himself in battle running and fighting. You can use items on him and if he is smart enough you can give him orders. Other then that he follows you around the world you teach digimon new attacks by fighting him against a digimon with an attack he can learn. This game plays like i think pokemon should. Bandai later raped the idea by making the sequels turn based final fantasy rip offs.

HEART OF DARKNESS ps1. This game is so unheard of i almost thought it diden't exist and i only played it in my dreams until i found it online.
Its a side scroller puzzle game like oddworld where you play as a boy on a quest to save his dog whiskey from the shadow creatures. The game is very difficult and actually quite pretty for its age. Its hard to explain look it up.

LEGEND OF THE MANA ps1: An extremely deep side scrolling RPG with a real time combat system. This is IMO one of the most in depth RPGS around tons of weapons and later on you can forge you're own armor magic instruments weapons and even robotic golems. The golem creation is really cool because you get to set his AI pattern in form of a grid. You can also grow frut and attain pets from monster eggs plus 2 player co-op.

THEME HOSPITAl PS1: Everyone here knows this game no need to explain. Ill go more in depth on the others if asked.

Offline Neoteric

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
Re: I'm looking some rare games.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 04:22:57 pm »
Heh. Somewhere, I've got the Digimon World game. Didn't realize it was rare. But, I'm not selling it, so this is irrelevant.

A quick Google products search found me a site that apparently is, however.
Apparently, it's used, but in good condition, with box and manual. Just under $30. It seems the site only uses Paypal.
I don't know whether the site is trustworthy or not, but it may be worth a look.

Link here.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 06:12:18 pm »
 great find!. Soon as connect my paypal to debit card provided i don't find it cheaper ill be getting it from there.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 06:14:57 pm by ShadowBandit »

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 06:27:55 pm »
Try Amazon.com. Just find a cheap seller with good feedback.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 06:16:11 am »
I'm really not sure where you can look for such games other than in EB/GameStop/Babbages used games or online.

But I do have to ask, why the PS version and not the PC version? It does work great for me on both XP and Vista.
Virus Buster.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 01:26:08 pm »
I'm really not sure where you can look for such games other than in EB/GameStop/Babbages used games or online.

But I do have to ask, why the PS version and not the PC version? It does work great for me on both XP and Vista.

I take it you're talking about theme hospital?. Well its a dos game and figured i might have trouble running it. Also nethier of my locals gamestops sell ps1 games at all...really sucks

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 01:29:06 pm »
Well its a dos game and figured i might have trouble running it.

Us DosBox
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2007, 02:27:58 pm »
I take it you're talking about theme hospital?. Well its a dos game and figured i might have trouble running it. Also nethier of my locals gamestops sell ps1 games at all...really sucks

Yeah, sorry, I meant to say that but I forgot to type it in when I did that post. But no, the CD version of Theme Hospital has both the DOS and the Windows versions of the game.

Also, somewhere, I have a PC version of heart of Darkness, that game was weird.

Anyway, try to find a small game/electronics collector's store. It probably wouldn't be in any major advertising outlets since it would most likely be owned and ran by a family or a single person. I'm pretty sure every city has at least one somewhere, probably in the downtown area. Just check out the more esoteric areas and who knows what you might find. You could try asking around with friends or co-workers if they know any small places like that. They do tend to stay hidden away and interestingly stocked.
Virus Buster.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2007, 06:31:25 pm »

Yeah, sorry, I meant to say that but I forgot to type it in when I did that post. But no, the CD version of Theme Hospital has both the DOS and the Windows versions of the game.

Also, somewhere, I have a PC version of heart of Darkness, that game was weird.

Anyway, try to find a small game/electronics collector's store. It probably wouldn't be in any major advertising outlets since it would most likely be owned and ran by a family or a single person. I'm pretty sure every city has at least one somewhere, probably in the downtown area. Just check out the more esoteric areas and who knows what you might find. You could try asking around with friends or co-workers if they know any small places like that. They do tend to stay hidden away and interestingly stocked.

Thanks for the advice ill try to look around..i know theres a pawn shop near here maybe some other places too.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 03:56:24 am »
My best friend has digimon world.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 03:24:46 pm »
Thanks for the link neo i ordered. My only gripe is i payed for fast shipping but its still going to take 5 days to get here from newyork to ohio when the card i ordered from California arrived in 3 days without fast shipping -.-

Offline Shadowgandor

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 11:41:54 am »

You could cough'borrow'cough it from the internet. I'm running theme hospital on windows vista and it works almost perfectly, just stay away from alt-tab and you'll be alright.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 05:54:27 pm »

You could cough'borrow'cough it from the internet. I'm running theme hospital on windows vista and it works almost perfectly, just stay away from alt-tab and you'll be alright.

I've tried that but i never get any sound from the game.

Offline The Rut Nut

• Mystery House Madman
  • I'm 100% Awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 04:10:09 pm »
I remember Digimon World. I had no idea how to play that game.
Wii Friend Code :  7212 3384 7515 0076

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 10:33:06 pm »
I used to have Heart of Darkness in French. For the computer. Not sure what happened to it.

Great game, though.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.