Which are you?

I am an evolutionist (umbrella term)
205 (68.3%)
I am a creationist (umbrella term)
35 (11.7%)
other (both?  none?)
60 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 295

Author Topic: Evolution yes/no  (Read 311760 times)

werechicken

Re: Evolution yes/no
« Reply #375 on: March 16, 2006, 08:11:37 pm »
I think it just is we may know someday but we don't now, deal with it

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 16, 2006, 08:17:07 pm »
Oh, and please don't be ignorant of the possiblity that my beliefs may have changed since this topic was originally started or the fact the I am learning more about certain things everyday.
Jeeze, you guys freak out alot lately.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 08:38:34 pm by SumGI »
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 16, 2006, 08:40:23 pm »
Won't say I told ya so. Oh wait, I just did. My bad  :P
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline kalcion

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • I am the key master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 16, 2006, 08:58:12 pm »
*sigh* Low and behold I turn in my ballot to find mine is the only one to be creationist :-\

Btw this does NOT mean I look down on you it's just awkward
So uh....what happens when your creature won't stop jumping off cliffs like crazed lemmings?

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 16, 2006, 09:08:57 pm »
I wonder if I picked the wrong...no I forgot to vote, oops.
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 16, 2006, 09:18:58 pm »
You reset the poll too? Ye gods man, what hells are you trying to unleash upon this forum?
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Greg16

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 16, 2006, 09:20:38 pm »
Heres how I see it. Life was spontaneous and goes beyond any general understanding. Relgion, physics, mathematics, anything like that nothing can explain it. The Universe could be some sort of living breathing organism in itself, protecting itself inanimately. Because if u think about it, even inanimate objects have intelligent properties/relations, here are some examples:

Boiling, the gas seems to want to leave the extreme heat, as if to 'escape'.
Molecules, when they are moving away from eachother and flying all over the place that could be seen as them wanting to get away from the tight enclosure of people which causes the heat. When they get cold they come back together, as if huddling to stay warm. Either way you look at it, it just depends on your point of view because there is no 'set' definition for anything as humans tend to put things down on paper so literally. Like just because fire isn't made of cells doesn't mean it's not alive, the question people should be asking is why is fire so different from other forms of energy and matter. And it's not just fire either plasma etc... again all relative.
Will Wright, the original.

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 16, 2006, 09:25:27 pm »
You reset the poll too? Ye gods man, what hells are you trying to unleash upon this forum?
The old poll was set up wrong, I told you the old results.

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 16, 2006, 09:28:15 pm »
Psh, that was months ago, last year, even. Like I remember that.  :P

Offline Eclipse

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 16, 2006, 09:48:24 pm »
I'm scientific, so i guess you could say I'm an evolutionist. If it can be proven, or at least partly explained with science, ill usually believe in it.

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 16, 2006, 09:50:52 pm »
I'm scientific, so i guess you could say I'm an evolutionist. If it can be proven, or at least partly explained with science, ill usually believe in it.
Go with da' flow, eh?

Offline Fade2gray

• Scramble Skipper
  • ...or just go bald
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 16, 2006, 10:06:18 pm »
I'm one of those people that everyone on both sides like to blame for everything from global warming to that annoying hangnail they can't get rid of; I believe in intelligent design. Yes I know, I need to find an ally way to hid in before the angry mob finds me and organises a god ol' fashon lynchin'. ::)

Offline Dreyfuss

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Nezumi
« Reply #387 on: March 17, 2006, 12:39:50 am »
Would you just make up your mind already?  Close it or don't, I couldn't post earlier!

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 17, 2006, 05:39:56 am »
Would you just make up your mind already? Close it or don't, I couldn't post earlier!
Heh, you were unlucky.  It was a "funny" joke on my part  ;)

Offline Shivore

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 17, 2006, 06:07:55 am »

Uh... Creationism can be at least partly explained by Science. It can't be proven, but neither can Evolution, as it isn't repeatable. Micro yes, but even if Macro happens, you would have to observee for millions if not billions of years, so it's not practical. Neither can be proven by Science, but both have significant evidence on their side. In fact I would say Creation has a lot more evidence than Evolution, it's just Evolution is what's favored by mainstream media and the majority of school textbooks.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you believe something because it has scientific evidence for it, than you believe in both Evolution and Creation, and that's impossible. They're just too contradictory.

P.S. I'd rather not have to write out all the evidences for Creation, that would be very tiring and virtually impossible, so I'll just refer you to both Google, and this website: http://evolution-facts.org/Cruncher%20TOC.htm
"Ignorance can be fixed, Stupid is forever."