Author Topic: Screw Diablo III. Get Grim Dawn when it comes out.  (Read 2621 times)

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
Screw Diablo III. Get Grim Dawn when it comes out.
« on: August 11, 2011, 05:57:18 pm »
Grim Dawn

It's the Diablo we deserve. Nothing has been watered down, no DRM, no stupid crap that modern games can't escape. This game is being designed by gamers for gamers, except that it isn't some retarded gamer-driven project. They want the game to be an anti-casual game. Check it out. It'll be on Steam.

Offline Celdur

• Baseball SuperStar
  • :33
    • View Profile
Re: Screw Diablo III. Get Grim Dawn when it comes out.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 10:37:47 pm »
torchlight 2

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • Dat klopt, ik was daar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 11:03:03 pm »
Pat it looks... interesting

Funnily enough, I did not like Torchlight.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Celdur

• Baseball SuperStar
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 12:15:14 am »
thats cause it didnt have multiplayer

unlike torchlight 2

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 12:33:25 am »
Indeed.

Buy this and buy Torchlight 2.

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 01:47:31 am »
Some pre-alpha video footage of the "occultist" class.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYI2DMPWpWg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYI2DMPWpWg</a>

Looks pretty good for pre-alpha. I'm a fan of the destructible barriers, though I wish they explored beyond some of them a bit more. Also loot doesn't seem to have been implemented yet. Buuuut... pre-alpha. :P

Offline Crazen

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 01:23:01 am »
This pleases me, and I hope its successful. Not because I particularly like this kind of game. But because Blizzard has steadily turned into one of those bloated hollywood whore-corps*, and deserves a punch to their fatty gullet.

The peril of this medium gaining mainstream acceptance is that it becomes like other mediums with mainstream acceptance: Stupid.

*(looking at you COD.)

Also have you noticed how every single line of blizz dialogue is spoken in cliches so tired you almost think their being humorous but it's played so straight you know they aren't?

/EntitledRant
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2012, 05:35:14 pm »
Hey, a Kickstarter that actually has footage of the game and a competent development team behind it.

Grim Dawn has opened a Kickstarter! And unlike so many other projects that have absolutely nothing to show, this one has a lot of content already on display and a decent looking pre-alpha to watch. If any Kickstarter is worth your attention, it's this one. Help these guys out if you can spare the time and money.

This game is not designed for casual players. If you want a fun and challenging experience that won't hold your hand, do it!

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • Dat klopt, ik was daar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 05:47:54 pm »
I am skeptical of the low amount they are requesting... either games are a lot cheaper than I imagined or I feel this will be... lacking?

Is it bad that i assume a game will be smaller due to less funding? IDK, this one does catch my interest though I will look stuff up about it.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 10:05:09 pm »
Consider as well that a good deal of the game's engine is already finished and they are now building the levels and working on debugging the character classes. They are also going to be releasing the alpha within the next couple of months. As a point of reference, Guild Wars 2 entered closed alpha around a year ago and is almost ready for release. I'm not saying that Grim Dawn will be out within the same time frame (smaller team) but it illustrates the point to some extent. This game is already on a path toward completion.

Unlike other games on Kickstarter, Grim Dawn has been in development for a while now and they've got a lot to show for it. Additionally, they've been collecting funds via their own website for over a year now. Since Kickstarter has become popular, they've decided to try it out as a source of funding as well. So I wouldn't worry too much about the smaller sum of money they're asking for. Because to put it simply, they've got less work to do than others, which I find reassuring. They've already got a product, not just ideas.

Check out their website and cruise through the forums and have a look at what's already been done. :D

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 12:35:13 am »
The Kickstarter has reached its goal and there is still time to donate! Go for it if you haven't yet.

If you need more info about the game check out this interview with the company founder.

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2012, 11:51:31 am »
The Grim Dawn Kickstarter has 12 hours left and the last week has been spent building up money for extras. If you were on the fence about donating, go for it now!

And as a thanks for the crazy amount of money that has  been donated AFTER reaching their goal, Crate has released a new video showing off the Soldier class.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NoO2UecC-c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NoO2UecC-c</a>

Pre-alpha, dude. Pre-alpha. :D

Offline ArkServer

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • www.evefleet.com
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 04:34:47 pm »
This game doesnt look so bad at all, gonna keep my eyes open for this one!

http://diablolivestream.com:: A diablo livestream community!

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • Dat klopt, ik was daar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 08:12:29 pm »
Snap.

I am going to play survival mode first, but wow they raised a bunch of funds hope it's good!

Offline PatMan33

• The Nameless One
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 03:04:35 pm »
Alrighty! If anyone here has got Alpha access to Grim Dawn, they are releasing it tomorrow on Steam. Check your emails to get your Steam key and be ready to start testing tomorrow morning!! :D