Author Topic: The Race to Ethos [Started]  (Read 9043 times)

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Race to Ethos [Started]
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2007, 07:51:52 pm »
"Skill present:  Water Submersion.  Slight risk of metal oxidization."
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2007, 07:55:29 pm »
"I am fine with a swim. Is our destination far?"

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2007, 07:28:38 am »
The Prelate nods once more.

"It is approximately a few... I believe the term is minutes. Around 10, possibly more or less. There is an oxygen-based passage if you would prefer it, through that door."

He points across the room and a door opens.

"If you can follow me, please do. If not, head through that door."

And with that, he submerges totally, the gate to the rest of the ship opening and he floats through it adroitly, his body sidling side-to-side and his arms pushing off of the doorway, then folding to his side. Other Loricatii fill the water as well, continuing their nimble dance through the liquid. Their forms are distorted through the water, the most distant just eerie blobs of color, hinting at the giants that they were... Except in the eyes of Aleger, to whom they were more or less equals.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2007, 09:07:28 am »
"Ah, well then." he turned to Carl.  "You take the air route to avoid damage.  Do not respond to any furthur commands apart from those from me until you reach the rendevouz location where we are heading.  Just follow those who seem to know where they're going."

And with that, Aleger turned and jumped into the pool and swam after the Loricatii.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2007, 12:42:41 pm »
"Repeat:  Singular command mode already activated for different party."

Carl wheels off in the direction of the passageway.
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2007, 04:07:48 pm »
"Whoo I Thought I Had To Swim." Valen Said.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2007, 10:53:47 pm »
Ide'ge nodded and submerged after Aleger, taking a few deep breaths to fully fill his lungs. The calls of the aquatic race reverberated throughought the fluid filled tunnles, providing him with the Dei'gen equivalent of a bright light shining in his face. Regretting his decision, it took the majority of his strength to concentrate on following the Loricatii.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2007, 10:03:39 pm »
(Just a note: Singular is Loricatus, plural is Loricatii)

This submerged section appears to be much more a thoroughfare than a part of the actual ship system. The swimming lizards seem much more casually clothed here, dancing around the intruders, inhaling their scent through the liquid and spiraling around them cautiously before continuing on their way. Then, a particularly tiny one, a tiddler by any standards, moves alongside Aleger. Only around three or four feet long, it is probably the smallest of the creatures any of them have seen. Quickly, a full grown female dashes over, picks the smaller one up in her arms, and swims away. The only time she even considers pausing is to look back to make sure he didn't follow her.

However, around Ide'ge, the reactions seem a lot more friendly, or possibly more predatory. They do not seem cautious of him, simply continuing to sing their haunting songs through the water. One actually swims so close that its jet stream pulls him sideways. However, once the spectacle of the new arrivals is done with, they continue swimming.

Valen and Carl are able to pass through a clear tunnel through the water-logged room, easily just stepping on a small platform and being zipped along. When the Prelate finally arrives, he has had to slip back and offered Ide'ge the chance to grab his tail and be dragged along. This makes sure they get there at least somewhat quickly. When they arrive, he opens a gate and allows the swimming party inside a conference room. The walking/wheeling group has already arrived here, the room occupied by a large chair and a circular table with circles surrounding it at certain points. The Prelate drags himself from the water, walks to the large chair, sits down, and presses a button, which causes the circles and the center of the circular table to suddenly illuminate, the room lights changing, and 3D sphere appears in the center of the table. It is soon overlain by several more different colored spheres until it looks like a planet, a smaller, yellow-green orb circling it that is the moon. It is Ethos, the planet below. The large, holy icthyosauroid gestures with an open palmed motion to each side of the table.

"Sit, please. Stand on the circles, the display system will form chairs made for your size. When you are seated, I shall fully explain your mission" He explains, watching the groups as water drips off of him onto the floor.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Zithpith

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2007, 07:14:39 pm »
I know that this is started but this is the best roleplaying game I could find. And I have noticed it has bin a long time since enyone has used this page. So can I join?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 06:40:38 pm by Zithpith »

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2007, 04:50:05 pm »
Well? Is anyone still using this?
Double posting is considered very bad.  Especially when they both say the same thing.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Zithpith

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2007, 05:02:43 pm »
sorry but I got impationt wating for theis guys to come back, and I don't know hoew to send a mesage.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2007, 05:04:29 pm »
Double posting is considered very bad.  Especially when they both say the same thing.
I feel so proud.

@Zithpith: Send a PM to one of the online RPers and ask them if you're so anxious.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2007, 05:25:34 pm »

Funny you should be the one saying that.