Author Topic: Time to Burst Some Bubbles  (Read 13820 times)

Offline Bravado

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Time to Burst Some Bubbles
« on: August 17, 2007, 10:38:30 pm »
Hello, Gaming Steves.

I'm not new to this forum, and most definitely not new to Spore.
I've been watching a lot of progress concerning this game, and I've read a lot of comments here. So I just wanted to prepare those of you who think Spore will be the unmatchable ultimate game that you will play all day.
This will not be the case. Great as Spore might be, it's a game. You don't need to fantasize about things that won't be in the game and you want there to be; you don't need to get yourself overexcited.
I know I seem like an ass saying this, but I just want all you overenthusiastic folks to realize that Spore might not be so great, and will definitely not have you playing it for hours, because you grow tired of every game eventually.

Just prepare yourselves that you may not like Spore so much. So, yeah.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: Time to Burst Some Bubbles
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 10:40:13 pm »
This crap again?
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Bravado

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 10:40:38 pm »
Yeah, this crap again.

Actually, more like, "This crap again by someone who actually knows Spore."

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:47:39 pm »
It seems like every month or so, someone comes along and tries to warn everybody that the game won't meet expectation or hype.
Most folks here have probably accepted the possibility already, seeing as it has been consistently thrown in their faces for like two years.

There's definitely no saving some of us.
Escape while you can!
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Bravado

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:56:13 pm »
I must have troubles seeing, because I don't recall ever stepping in a thread like this.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 11:21:29 pm »
No way.
There have been a few. Let me find some...

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7540.0
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7852.0 (though that one was a veteran snapping)
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=3422.0
EDIT: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=198.0 (what the hell, have another)

I'm tired of digging now. There were more, but I guess they weren't as frequent as I thought.
Or maybe they got deleted, or merged into Spore General off topic.

But whatever. I know I've already braced myself for what may very well be a boring game (for me anyway; I bore extremely easily).
I still keep a bit of hope that it will be a good bit of fun for me and my buddies.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 01:02:00 am by Gauphastus »
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 11:34:48 pm »
I know I'll get bored of it too, hell, I got bored of EVE in three days.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 12:08:43 am »
Whoa whoa, Mister. No need to get excited.
I didn't once tell Bravado not to post or complain -- I myself was just complaining about the topic, not the poster.
I never give new posters any crap; I'm strictly anti elitist. The fact that he's new (and he claims he's not anyway) has no bearing in the fact that I happen to find topics like these to be lame. They never seem to go anywhere.
But if you folks are bound to talk about it, you are going to talk about it regardless if li'l ol' me steps in and makes a bit of a groan.
Baby, if you knew me well enough around these parts, you'd find that I'm the last guy you would need to give a lecture to.

Anyways, what is there to say about people here and their hype? A few of us have even admitted in mild shame that we'd buy Spore no matter what horrors they do to it.
For any game of potential greatness, there will be hype. It's the way things go.
Alls I'm saying is that telling learned -gamers- that their own expectations are way high, and that they will eventually get tired of Spore when they do get it -- well, it really goes without saying.

...where the hell is Malt?
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Lu Yan

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • That's a nice spear! Do you use it to Fish?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 12:56:51 am »
But you dont get it. He actually knows spore.

And the pubbies on Eve-O are better trolls than this. 0/10 find a new hobbie.

Offline Bravado

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 01:38:22 am »
I'm surprised of how much this topic has derailed. O_o

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 01:46:44 am »
This topic was doomed to derail the same moment you created it.
@davidramnero

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 02:03:09 am »
This crap again?

As long as we get new members it needs to be repeated. Most don't seem to search for other things, why would they search for this?
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 02:29:28 am »
Yeah, this crap again.

So you're saying we don't actually know Spore?
Very daring.
I accuse you of being a fake. Either that or you're a attention-grabbing whore. (or both)

And about the "crap": We're not stupid. Do you really think you can just step in and be the great saviour? (Only jesus could do that, but that's just science fiction) If you had really been lurking here for so long, you'd have realised that many of us do have a critical point of view concerning spore.

Don't think you are any better than anyone else here.

And MrCrowley: Leave Gauphastus alone, you're the one who misinterpreted what he said. It's the reader who makes the message. For the next time: sleep first, then post
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 03:21:11 am »
Hello, Gaming Steves.

Hello, Earthling.

I'm not new to this forum, and most definitely not new to Spore.

Newb quote! boorinnggg!!! :x
Everyone is new to Spore here, we've only seen a tiny tiny bit of the whole thing.

I've been watching a lot of progress concerning this game, and I've read a lot of comments here. So I just wanted to prepare those of you who think Spore will be the unmatchable ultimate game that you will play all day.
This will not be the case. Great as Spore might be, it's a game. You don't need to fantasize about things that won't be in the game and you want there to be; you don't need to get yourself overexcited.

1. No one said Spore will be the unmatchable ultimate game, eventually there will be Spore 2 ;)
2. Yes, I can play GMOD all day, I can play CS Source all day, I can play a lot of games all day, so I will play spore all day :)
3. If we can't fantasize about things that won't be in game, what's the point of being born with CREATIVITY? even if they're not in, we can still hope they come out as an expansion and even if they don't we have fun talking about those things, that's what a community is for...

I know I seem like an ass saying this,

yeah, you do.

but I just want all you overenthusiastic folks to realize that Spore might not be so great, and will definitely not have you playing it for hours, because you grow tired of every game eventually.

O RLY? that's true, we grow tired of every game eventually, but we grow tired of some games after 1 hour and we grow tired of other games after years (I still play pong and tetris original and have fun playing it...)

Just prepare yourselves that you may not like Spore so much. So, yeah.

I seriously doubt it, I will like Spore even if it's missing some stuff I expected. No game comming from Will Wright ever put me down, I always got what I expected and Spore will be just like that.

Yeah, this crap again.

Oh, so the people who have been here watching every bit of news carefully since GDC 2005 don't know Spore...
And don't tell me you're another (fake) Spore developer who got their ass fired for trying to steal the game xD
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline xirtap

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 03:59:54 am »
but I just want all you overenthusiastic folks to realize that Spore might not be so great, and will definitely not have you playing it for hours, because you grow tired of every game eventually.

O RLY? that's true, we grow tired of every game eventually, but we grow tired of some games after 1 hour and we grow tired of other games after years (I still play pong and tetris original and have fun playing it...)

True. I could never grow tired of tetris. Best. Game. Ever.