2 (1.8%)
3 (2.7%)
1 (0.9%)
1 (0.9%)
1 (0.9%)
30 and above
10 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Author Topic: How old are people in here...  (Read 10061 times)

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
Re: How old are people in here...
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 10:12:06 am »
Like i said:
it's the internets. kids won't abide the laws of age restrictions.

It's almost like when i went to a video game store once, i saw two kids. about the age of 8 or nine. (they were really small...) and i noticed in their hands a copy of GTA San Andreas.  :o *Audible gasp!*
Hot Coffee included.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 10:15:35 am »
Wait, why do we have members below the age of 13 in this forum? Don't you kids read the registration qualifications?
I looked over the qualifications and there was nothing about that.

You obviously didn't read the "I agree to these terms and conditions and am 13 years old or above" when you clicked, which is a staple of all forums. I remember it when I signed up, and that was three years ago.

Strictly speaking, anyone under the age of 13 without a COPPA form should be banned.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:18:29 am by Daxx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 10:22:35 am »
Interesting demographics.

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 12:35:46 pm »
Verry much so, kids today think folks well over 30 are dead or they would of put an option there for folks over 40, which I am one of, them.... Over 40 that is.... Why are folks walking away from me now ?

- W -
* Geturfmuhlawnyawippersnappers ! *

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 12:53:25 pm »
Verry much so, kids today think folks well over 30 are dead or they would of put an option there for folks over 40, which I am one of, them.... Over 40 that is.... Why are folks walking away from me now ?

- W -

Over 40? But I sassed you as such a hoopy frood!
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline Markonite2

• Mystery House Madman
  • Got Souls?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2007, 01:06:10 pm »
And I agree. It's odd how so many people can be so young but have such a casually intelligent view of things while most the people in my senior class are immature and short on manners.

'Streets of Spore': where you drive around in a low-poly world doing missions that don't relate to the game whatsoever...

The sig is like a fig. But really, who will triumph?
The almighty Ham, or the magical Spam, which lives in a can. - Anthony Reubon

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 01:30:42 pm »

- W -

That explains why you like The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy so much :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline rayofash

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 01:34:20 pm »

- W -

Over 40? And a furry?

You are one of the creepiest persons I have ever met on the internet.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 02:56:01 pm »
Over 40? And a furry?

A newcomer! Welcome, to the INTERNET!

Offline rayofash

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2007, 04:11:08 pm »
Over 40? And a furry?

A newcomer! Welcome, to the INTERNET!

I've been on the internet for over 10 years now, so when I say that it has a lot of merit to it.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2007, 04:19:31 pm »

- W -

We're keeping a respectable distance so we don't catch old  ;)
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2007, 04:34:50 pm »
I've been on the internet for over 10 years now, so when I say that it has a lot of merit to it.
The point of my post was, if the mere premise of a furry freaks you out beyond the tourettes-like auto-regurgitation 'hate furries because thats funny/cool' meme, then I suggest you never, EVER leave this site.

The goggles, they do nothing.

Offline rayofash

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2007, 04:41:34 pm »
The point of my post was, if the mere premise of a furry freaks you out beyond the tourettes-like auto-regurgitation 'hate furries because thats funny/cool' meme, then I suggest you never, EVER leave this site.

The goggles, they do nothing.

Dude, 10 years, I've seen 4chan and the worst it can dish out and I've seen DeviantArt and the worst it can dish out, furries are creepy. And to be a furry at 40 and post on the internet as if you were 10, that's even more creepy.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2007, 06:17:09 pm »
Dude, 10 years, I've seen 4chan and the worst it can dish out and I've seen DeviantArt and the worst it can dish out, furries are creepy. And to be a furry at 40 and post on the internet as if you were 10, that's even more creepy.

You realize that's an opinion not a fact? And I would hardly call Woulfe's manner of posting that of a 10 year old. Assuming you are telling the truth about being online for 10 years, you know 10 year olds don't post like that.  In fact if I didn't know better I'd say you're post reflect that of a 10 year old. Leave Woulfe be, he's not hurting anyone, he's not bothering anyone (except apparently you).  If you think he's cree[y, fine, you can think that. You can't change peoples opinion. Me, pesonally, I like his sense of humour.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2007, 06:52:35 pm »
You realize that's an opinion not a fact? And I would hardly call Woulfe's manner of posting that of a 10 year old. Assuming you are telling the truth about being online for 10 years, you know 10 year olds don't post like that.  In fact if I didn't know better I'd say you're post reflect that of a 10 year old.
Actually, in my personal experience, i've found older internet users are generally quite 'internet newbie'ish in the way they write and post online. Yeah, maybe a lot of those are really light (or new) internet users, but it might be a generational gap thing (I might have only grown up with the ZX Spectrum, Master System and Megadrive(genesis) and Amiga, but thats still familiarity). Though, that nitpicking aside, I have to agree with you on this one Interitus. Even as a meme trying to be funny, its gotten old, as in, as old as constantly bringing up the emo stuff, because thats just hilarious, right?

Dont get me wrong Rayofash, im not knocking your opinion now I know its genuine, but hey, im on a general tangent now, so its not really aimed at you now. Thing is, even Chuck Norris jokes were occasionally chucklesome or remotely creative, but verbally quirking your eyebrow at a furry is as easy as hitting the broad side of a barn with like... a nuke... so why are there so few actually funny, impersonal remarks about them, and the rest just left as pointless backhanded crap that they're expected to just ignore even if said directly to their faces? I'd wager that even if Rayofash's remark was way out of line, and Woulfe took it the wrong way, a fair supply of people'd line up to support Ray and lob a few extra aggravating remarks over. If he tried to clarify anything, it im guessing people would set up the armchair psychology brigade and start probing his life to compare him to his group (yeah, including sexual preference and stuff, given the subject matter). Anything denied to talk about would be assumed to be confirmation of whatever response would have been most humiliating.
(Hypothetically, of course. Unless I totally misused the term "hypothetically" there.)
Same goes for emos if one gets unearthed. Hell, it even goes to religion and nationality based stuff, but at least in those subjects you generally have backup of your own.

If you make a snide, off-colour, or probingly personal remark, people dont normally respond with a smile, but instead have a good attempt at verbally slapping you upside the head. If you make a crappy remark, you expect to get backlash. Its not a trait of a specific group, thats the way people work. An attempt to explain themselves isnt "defensive bull to cover what you know is wrong" that can be 'logically' auto-discarded, the target disregarding the petty stuff isnt "just because they're ashamed now they've been found out" or "you wont reply because you cant explain it", and the reason they never brought it up before, is because they're probably sick of the crap they get for it. Okay, so, if they're getting in your face with it, y'know, crossing a line? Fine, have at it. But if they're keeping to themselves? Dont be a douchebag. And me? I get pretty sick of watching people spew the same feeble stuff over and over again at people just minding their own, and then square their shoulders afterwards as if they're the dogs bollocks for hitting the broad side of a barn with a nuclear payload.

(Does this even go as far as to cover the actually diagnosed asperger sufferers too? Thats one group that comes to mind that I have no experience with.)

I've had this thing bubbling away under the surface for some time now, and I cant help but feel I did a hamfisted droning job of it again. Uhm, please disregard a recent rant of mine about the core of popular religion, aheh. Hey, at least I tried to make it clear that particular one wasnt directed at any present members and more of a critique of major religions in general. xP
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 07:17:36 pm by Uroboros »