Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 controversy  (Read 27458 times)

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 5 is...racist?
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2008, 03:49:11 am »
Racism=No.
Woman with blog=Whopee, one racist-freakblogger. Life goes on.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2008, 06:57:19 am »
This is just ridiculous almost as ridiculous as Jack Thomsons war against video games...
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Resident Evil 5 coming in March 13, '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2008, 10:26:11 am »
That's why there is the
Citizens United Negating Technology For Life And People's Safety
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 10:36:51 am by Snake Plissken »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2008, 10:34:01 am »
Nicely done. :)

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2008, 12:48:40 pm »
That's why there is the
*fixed*
And great suggestion by the way Snake. All I have to say for the people against RE:5 is they  have no idea what the game will be like till it's released. If there's any ounce of prejudice against the African race then there's a problem. No one has the right to label something until proven guilty(even though no matter what a majority of people do that anyway :P).

But so far there is no indication of prejudice, and I don't think a prestigious company like Campcom would release a game to the public that is racist. If anything I think it is a good turn for capcom to change the demographic for the basic zombie-ish enemies for this installment; it feels fresh :).
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Resident Evil 5 coming in March 13, '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2008, 10:38:17 am »
I'M SORRY FOR PUTTING YOUR NAME IN THIS THREAD! DAMN IT I'M NOT RACIST! HELP ME OUT!!!! :( :-[

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2008, 06:03:55 am »
That's why there is the
*fixed*
And great suggestion by the way Snake. All I have to say for the people against RE:5 is they  have no idea what the game will be like till it's released. If there's any ounce of prejudice against the African race then there's a problem. No one has the right to label something until proven guilty(even though no matter what a majority of people do that anyway :P).

The very idea theres an 'African race' is racist in itself. It like saying theres an 'American Race' or an 'Asian race'. Its ridiculous.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2008, 07:02:35 pm »
God some black people really need to take a step back and realize that every freakin' thing with a black person not depicted as ****ing hero isn't racist. I mean seriously, your elders and ancestors fought for their equality so you leave the long era of racism and bigotry behind you, not so you could harken back to it constantly.
Kings 2:23-24 --- The Holy Bible
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2008, 07:16:53 pm »

:-\

Offline J-Caizer

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
    • Henshin Justice Unlimited
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2008, 07:45:25 pm »
^Um....... oh my god?

Guys, it's not that people think the game is racist.  It's that the game is pretty visually offensive.

See this rant to understand...

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2008, 03:17:00 am »
Oh! A horror game that makes you uncomfortable? Perish the thought! If the fact that the zombies are black scares people then the creators of the game have done their job.

To be honest, the whole idea that the skin colour of the zombies is even taken into consideration is a sign people are inherantly prejudiced. I'm sure this wouldn't be as much of an issue if all the zombies were white and had brown hair, or all the zombies were men.

I just get the feeling the guy doing that video is sort of prejudiced himself, but he feels uncomfortable that he feels that way, and consequently feels the need to overcompensate.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2008, 12:23:49 pm »
I do not care about the color of their skin.
And I do not care if you don't believe me.

I've said it before: I just wanna kill zombies.
Zombies can be anything. Child, animal, black/white/green skinned humanoid, or whatever the hell.
Buuuuut... if you try to eat my brains, I'm going to have to blow you away.

I can understand how folks would be uncomfortable about it, but I really don't think it's necessary. There's no real proof of actual racism here, so why folks would work themselves up based around the mere possibility of it is confusing.
So whatever.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2008, 12:49:54 pm »
I dont get this whole train of thought. So let me get this straight people belive this game is racist because the Zombies are black? So I guess the other Resident Evil's were racist because the Zombies in that one were white as well? Give me a break it doesnt matter what skin colour they are just **** off already. I swear people just look for **** to complain about.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2008, 12:56:35 pm »
I don't agree that the game is inherently intended to be racist, but it would make me uncomfortable to kill only black people in a video game, especially that many.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2008, 01:03:13 pm »
Wheres killing white zombies is all fine and dandy? They're all humans, it shouldn't matter who you kill. How many games has you killing white males compared to games where you kill black people of any gender? Isn't that more racist?

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!