Author Topic: Resident Evil 5 controversy  (Read 27295 times)

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
Re: Resident Evil 5 is...racist?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2007, 02:56:16 am »
This is stupid beyond belief. Just chuck in some token white zombies and placate the positive discrimination Nazis.

Most Black or Asian people I know find postive discrimination offensive, anyway.

And, of course, the game is made in Japan, by Japanese people.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:58:06 am by Mr. Consideration »
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
  • Rule of thumb, Hassan. You can't kill the Messiah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2007, 07:37:38 pm »
There is no way this game is racist.  Black people are in the game because of location only.
Yes. Power shifts more quickly than some people think.

Peace through Power!

Once again the world is quick to bury me.

For the foreseeable future... Comrade Chairman, I am the future!

He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past.

No, I'm not God. But I'm a close second.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2007, 03:16:42 pm »
You know how black people are... a white person says "Nigger" and they kill him, a black person says the same thing and they're ok with it... white people make a zombie game with black zombies, it's racism, if the game were made by black people, it would be ok :D
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2007, 07:58:18 pm »
Technically, everyone's skin is just a lighter or darker shade of brown. Our skin pigment is due to levels of melanin (sp?), which, just to letcha know, is brown.  :)

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2007, 07:59:17 pm »
Maybe someone should make a game that is CLEARLY racist against Caucasians, and see if anyone gives a ****?
Well, in both Zoo Tycoon games, only white adult males can be eaten by escaped animals.  (I know this because I commonly "accidentally" delete fence pieces.)
Oh, and in Roller Coaster Tycoon 3,  only white adult males can drown in lakes.  (The 'move guest' option is very entertaining....)
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2007, 05:19:51 pm »
Idiots like that woman make me want to kill people who yell "RACISM!11". Like black people calling white people "white trash", "white boy", etc., but people want to lynch a white man if he yells "Nigger!" at a black man.

Btw. Anonymous delivers:
Quote from: Anonymous
New weapon confirmed for RE5: “Fried Chicken”

Details on Capcom’s upcoming game Resident Evil 5 are sparse, but a new weapon has been confirmed. Fried Chicken comes in either cases of 3 or buckets of 10 which are scattered throughout the game, or sometimes dropped by defeated enemies. A piece of Fried Chicken can be thrown like a grenade or dropped. Any enemies in the vicinity (who can see or smell it) will immediately be attracted to it, and converge upon its location, dropping whatever they are doing at the moment.
If there are multiple enemies in the area, they will viciously attack each other.
No way is it racist to blacks. I myself am black and it seems that ignorant people quickly assume that they're killing blacks so the game has to be racist.

One thing that people forget to notice is the stereotype put into RE:4.
Stereotypical European people were used and for that matter most of all Re games in the franchise were clearely white.

I know not a video game screen shot but most concist of white zombies, and back then i have heard no complaints of being racist in any way.

But when the concept of RE: 5 came along things got out of context. anyone who thinks they are racist then go ahead and say so but go labeling the game design as such when you haven't even played it yet!! >:( And for those who just read this I am sorry for ranting... just had to blow of some steam. And Smileyman watch your mouth, just trying to keep you out of trouble you know! ;)

« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 01:33:40 pm by Sporelover66 »
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇´)人(´∇`)人(`∇´)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 02:18:14 pm »
Quote from: Anonymous
New weapon confirmed for RE5: “Fried Chicken”

Details on Capcom’s upcoming game Resident Evil 5 are sparse, but a new weapon has been confirmed. Fried Chicken comes in either cases of 3 or buckets of 10 which are scattered throughout the game, or sometimes dropped by defeated enemies. A piece of Fried Chicken can be thrown like a grenade or dropped. Any enemies in the vicinity (who can see or smell it) will immediately be attracted to it, and converge upon its location, dropping whatever they are doing at the moment.
If there are multiple enemies in the area, they will viciously attack each other.

Haha   :D

500 posts...W00T!

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2007, 01:03:15 am »
The whole "It's only racist if they're black" thing is due to the fact that white people are considered the standard as far as society goes, therefore it's not considered to be anti-white to kill whites unless you make a specific point of it. It's like if I say "bread", you probably didn't think wholemeal - you just thought up any old bread, most likely white bread; yet the type didn't matter. Same principle.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2007, 03:01:57 pm »
The whole "It's only racist if they're black" thing is due to the fact that white people are considered the standard as far as society goes, therefore it's not considered to be anti-white to kill whites unless you make a specific point of it. It's like if I say "bread", you probably didn't think wholemeal - you just thought up any old bread, most likely white bread; yet the type didn't matter. Same principle.

I thought of Breadcat... that's bad, isn't it?

Also, this lady's just plain stupid. Is SHE black? If so, she's misunderstanding the situation, and taking it out of context. It's weird, and wrong, and she should get more informed (and get out more in general). If she's NOT (which I believe) then isn't she being racist, by defending black people? What say does she have in this? I'd say she doesn't deserve a blog.

This is quite stupid, I'd say.

Offline blitzonator

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • A pic from the galactic zoo. What is it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2008, 08:20:52 am »
Zombies are Zombies. Apart from Zmombies. They are evil.

Offline Aak193

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2008, 12:23:37 pm »
I don't like crazy chicks. She popably is just craving attention by making up stuff because shes ugly >.> I was gonna say somthing else but I forgot v.v

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2008, 11:15:32 pm »
Its times like these i fear for the future of earth...
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2008, 10:12:56 am »
This site is clearly stupid. Take a look at this article. The article itself is about someone who decided to be vegan without really knowing what it is.

But what about the drums in the band are they not made of animal skins? I need help on that one but maybe I am only a “food vegan“?
Do I have the right to deprive her of the dried meaty dog food she loves and turn her into a vegan dog?

one of the comments (#4 to be precise) is about how most vegan sites are racist so the writer of the post made a blog specifically for black vegans. I left a nice post in comment #8 for her.

EDIT: Found this on her blog:

Back near the beginning of this blog, I wrote about how Vegetarian Journal exotified Asian foods & seemed, in doing so, to be writing from a viewpoint that centered non-Asian — probably white — American experience & culture.

I think we can all agree that she is explicitly looking for racism in every corner of semantics.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:25:53 am by 762 »

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2008, 10:40:04 am »
I have a hard time taking that blog's opinion on anything that might remotely be seen as racist - or sexist for that matter-  serious when it is called Black Looks and on the left side is a variety of links for African Lesbians. Not saying that it is a bad thing however it might be a little biased.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Resident Evil 5 coming in March 13, '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2008, 06:13:47 am »
From the Geicko school of thought... I made this...

EDIT - Now that I think about it, I'm onboard with the angry racist crowd. This game promotes the feeling that all black zombies should kill all white people, and that would be a race and hate crime!

-Lego

That's an unexpecting pic right there. Like I said on the movie, I really think there isn't any racism involved in some junk such as this.