Author Topic: Alone  (Read 8645 times)

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
Alone
« on: August 11, 2007, 08:16:21 am »
Not many were asleep at the time, but for some reason...only those that were were safe...or maybe it was the other way around. Whatever had happened, it was odd. The rest...the awake ones, they just vanished, the word of Cinta V was almost completely devoid of life.

Species: Syntyan
Name: Layola
Sex: Female
Height: 11 ft
Weight: 180 KG

Layola had been awake 112 standard galactic hours straight. She was absolutely knackered and decided she'd sleep for a while to regain her strength. She went to bed at 4 in the morning.

She had an odd dream, a light, that was it, like a massive star, and other stars were orbiting it and merging and splitting, and doing all sorts of crazy stuff.

When she awoke she'd been asleep for little over a day and a half. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and went to get a drink. She put the 'kettle' on and turned the holoscreen on. Nothing, static, that was odd. She stoop there rubbing her eyes, trying to recuperate herself...staring at the noisy screen blankly she decided to put a movie on. She turned it on, and while waiting for it to load up went off to make her drink.

When she came back through she put her drink on the table that grew up from the ground, several long snake like pieces came up, wrapped around each other, and formed a table top next to the chair. The menu popped up on the screen, she stared for a second wondering, then went to go put some clothes on.

On her way to her wardrobe she noticed something odd. Looking out of the wide round window she noticed...not much. A lack of any traffic, just sky scrapers, and hive buildings, towering high above the clouds. The orange grass in the distance caught her eyes for some odd reason. There was no one else, no one walking on the surface 80 or so floors below, no cars. She stood naked, pressed against the window looking for any sign of life, for something.

...nothing, she was alone.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
Re: Alone
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 07:12:37 pm »
(OOC: oh come on...fine, I'll post again)

She stood there staring for 10 minutes straight before peeling her eyes away from the deserted scene, "Must just be a quiet day or something," she said trying to convince herself, "yeah, that's it." She started back to the wardrobe then stopped and looked at the ground "a very, very, very quiet day"

She forced herself to get dressed, put her stunner on the table next to her drink, and proceeded to watch the movie.

A few hours later nothing had happened. Still silent, none of the television channels were working, the movie had finished. Maybe I've slipped through into some other reality she thought. She shrugged the thought off and turned the TV off. Suddenly there was a loud rumble somewhere outside of the building. She rushed to the window to look.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 07:24:45 pm »
((Post-apocalypse? Spore style? Neat!

Here's my creature, linked to as per my rule.))

The small Defal craft slowly decended into the barren city. They had picked up very few life signs in the city, so they felt it was safe landing spot to study the culture from. These Defal were the bravest of their species, going out into the unknown. Unfortunately, that wasn't saying much, as they had allready been scared off by an asteroid that "might be holding a huge, hostile, and very powerful ship".

The shuttle landed noisily, kicking up clouds of dust with it's reverse thrusters.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 07:34:10 pm »
(OOC: It's a colony world that's been terraformed that's suddenly lost everyone that was awake :D)

Staring at the craft way in the distance Layola smiled. She picked up her back back, a bottle of water, and her stunner and headed for the door.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 07:48:50 pm »
The small door at the back of the metallic black shuttle opened with a hiss. After extensive checks of the outside area, Anysay, the Defal captain, gingerly stepped outside onto the ground. Assured it was safe, three others followed down the ramp, looking about for any signs of movement.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 02:36:52 am »
She got outside and walked over to the gravlift, she stared for a few seconds "oh, what do I want to do?" she said aloud, she fiddled with her thumbs while thinking. She walked in and pressed for the docking bay, suddenly she was enveloped in a small pocket of gravity, before she could blink, quite literally, she was floating at the entrance to the docking bay.

She made her way for her 'car', it was a 5 or so minute walk. When she got there she got in, sat, and thought, "now what?" she asked herself...hoping for an answer.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 01:08:48 pm »
"I wonder what hapened to them..."
"What if it's still here?"
"It's not... there's only a few lifesigns, all of the same race."
"Maybe that race is why there's no one here."

There was a pause as the group concidered running right back into the ship before Anysay spoke.

"No. The technology was built for something their size. Besides, would you rather study this culture with an army's woth of ray-guns pointed at you?"

She didn't need to wait for an answer. Her crew began taking samples of dirt, dust, a small chunk of a wall, and pretty much anything else they could get their hands on. They put them into small containers, round so as not to hurt anyone on the corners, and rushed them into the shuttle, placing them all on a shelf in the lab.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 11:27:49 pm »
She checked her systems, the gravity dampeners were fine, fuel levels high, she didn't need any more than that. She began to back out of the parking space and move towards the light flooding in. Suddenly without warning there was a flicker and the shield went up "NO!" she screamed stopping.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 06:15:56 pm »
"I'm bored. We've got bits of everything here." Youngtwilight whined.

"Yeah. There isn't anything left to sample." agreed Voidsong, sitting down and making pictures in the dirt.

"Ok, then. You two go explore over there." Starwind said, pointing over to a huge building.

"Unh... I don't wanna. You're faster!" Voidsong argued.

"Yeah, and you're the one with the scanner." added Youngtwilight. Starwind responded by shoving the bulky equipment into his younger sibling's arms.

"Fine. I'll go. But you all have to tag along behind me." decided Anysay.

"Yes, sir." the other three said in chorus.

Placing the last samples into the ship, they slowly made their way over to the large building. While the other three waited in the shadows, Anysay bravely stepped out in front of the opening, looking around for some new material.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 06:36:10 pm by Darth Grievi »

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 06:20:20 pm »
(OOC: uhhh, would you be able to hear someone shouting from like 200 floors up?...with a forcefield and vehicle blocking the noise? Also...more people join, be your own species, I originally intended for it to be a massive colony world for loads of species)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 06:25:24 pm »
((I dunno... I didn't know it was 200 feet up, but they use echolocation as well as sight. Kinda iffy, realy. If it realy bugs you, I could edit my post.))

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 06:28:58 pm »
(Eh, do what you like, I'm not too bothered)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 06:36:36 pm »
((There you go. Same efect, different reason.))

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 07:10:28 pm »
She got out and kicked the soft but strong material of her car, it didn't hurt, but it let out some pent up frustration "what do I do?"..."whada I do," she muttered to herself, "ooooh." She looked around, she thought and headed over to the gravlift.

Soon she had descended to the bottom floor, she exited and looked up at the greenish bluish sky. It was cool in the shade, she decided to head to somewhere where she could climb up onto the main road.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 07:24:59 pm »
The group of Defal had taken some more samples from the area around the building. As the containers piled up, Voidsong was chosen to ferry them back to the ship. Taking a pile of the little tubes in her hands, she wandered off in what she thought was the direction of the ship. Unfortunately, she got lost and ended up wandering around the city. She eventually ended up not 15 feet from Layola, rather oblivious to the other presence.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 07:43:32 pm »
Species: Kratair
Name: Marnix
Sex: Male
Height: 10 ft
Weight: 570 lbs

Marnix awoke with a start.  He could immediatly sence something was wrong.  The sounds of the city had all but dissapeared, leaving nothing but the hum of the lights in the next room.  He checked the clock on the opposite wall.  It was the middle of the day, it was strange for there to be noises outside.  He made his way to the window and confirmed it.  Somehow, for some reason, everyone had dissapeared.

"Perhaps they've all gone inside.  Mabey there's some sort of hazard outside." he reasoned.  Looking down, he suddenly saw movement.  Peering down the 60 floors between him and the ground, he could faintly make it out.  As far as he could tell, it was a Syntyan.  If they were outside with no visible protection then he surely could be.  Just to be safe, he grabed a small plasma firearm he kept hidden in his desk and tucked it away inside his jacket.  He then made his way towards the gravlift to the surface.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 07:51:32 pm »
She stared at the Alien, they hadn't met many species, and the ones they had done were told to not let their existence become as widely known as other old species. This species was an outsider species, well at least she thought so, she didn't recognise it. Quickly she pressed a button on her belt turning her completely invisible, she quickly got behind a massive pillar lining the entrance to a hive (the large skyscrapers).

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 08:11:52 pm »
Voidsong was getting worried. She should have found her way back to the ship by now, or at least into familiar territory. Looking around, she spotted a large building with pillars in front, and walked in, hoping to find a map of some sort. She glanced around the bottom level, and finding nothing vaguely resembling a map, she sighed and exited. On her way out, she thought she touched something furry, and instantly went into a panic, dropping the containers and dissaperaring from sight with a startled gasp.

((You know, it's rather odd how simmilar Defal and Syntyans are.))

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2007, 08:16:39 pm »
(OOC: how so?)

Layola jumped when the alien brushed against her, she became electrically charged, and scurried off for cover, she certainly liked it inside better. Being invisible wasn't enough to calm her.

Reaching the door of her Hive she head running inside, she didn't know what to do or think.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 08:21:19 pm »
If it wasn't for Marnix's size and weight, he would have surely been knocked over when Layola ran into him on her way back inside.

"Whoa whoa!  Where are you off to?  What's going on?  Where is everyone?"

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 08:24:57 pm »
She was visible again, she saw the Kratair and started talking extremely fast "Everyones gone, there's Aliens, inside, INSIDE!"

She ran at the door and held her hand out, the doors were built in such a way that they could use their magnetic fields to open and close them, the door flew open and she ran to the grav lift. She looked at the floating numbers unsure were to go Down she though.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 08:27:42 pm »
((Both are kinda safety freaks, and both are able to become invisible, either naturally or through technology.))

Still invisible, Voidsong stood still and listened for any movement. Whatever she had touched was heading into the building, which she concidered to be a retreat. She opened her large, yellow eye to check if it was gone, and for a moment that was all that could be seen of her. Satisfied that there wasn't anything around, she returned to her natural smoky grey color and began picking up her spilled canisters.

She then heard some noises from inside and hurried her pace, giving up half way as the containers kept spilling out of her arms, and hid behind one of the pillars. Her curiosity got the better of her and she stuck around to hear the talking inside.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2007, 08:32:42 pm »
The Kratair was standing inside, she could see that it was trying to decide between the inside and the outside. She was only going to wait so long, and she new that, being a herbivore, trying to convince a carnivore was no use.

(OOC: They are Carnivores...right? I can't remember and spore wiki is down)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 08:41:19 pm »
((*Looks at martyk's avatar's teeth* I'd say so ;) ))

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 08:42:12 pm »
((Yes, very.))

Marnix sighed and drew his gun.  Better safe than sorry he thought as he moved outside.  In general, unknown sapient lifeforms tended to be non-hostile, though the arrival of these aliens and the disapearance of everyone coinciding seemed a bit odd.  Better safe than sorry, he thought as he peaked out the door, weapon ready at the slightest hint of danger.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2007, 08:46:19 pm »
Flashing invisible at the sound of approaching footsteps, Voidsong sat on the ground, leaning against the pillar to help her hear what was comming. Her pile of canisters still laid scattered just outside the building.

((Just a note, Defal only become invisible in the "visible" part of the spectrum. Anything else could be used to detect them))

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2007, 08:48:58 pm »
Unable to see anything through the glass doors of the apartment complex, Marnix moved outisde.  Suddenly, the scent of another being hit his nose.  There was definetly someone around.  His eyes scanned the road infront of him.

"Show yourself." he said.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2007, 08:51:58 pm »
(OOC: Yeah :P Just didn't want to jump to conclusions though, it might be omnivorous though!...ope, seems so)

Before the door closed she very clearly shouted "82nd floor or underground!", she was sure he'd understand. She pressed the 8 and the 2, and off she shot, upwards to her floor. Less than 1 second later she was there. Thoughts were running through her head, but the only conscious one was fairly funny, fairly casual. Why do we trust the gravlifts? Because of the Stasis Field? What if that fails... she tried not to think, she'd just end up getting even more paranoid.

She entered her room and got what she needed. Some holograms and pictures, several small bottles of various chemicals (anti poison etc), several other things...and her PIC (Portable Information Console, it would display information and she could use it communicate with other people, it would also be able to intercept almost any messages, encrypted or not, understanding them was a totally different matter though.)

She got a bigger backpack and put it all in, she also equipped herself with a small shied generator which she could use to protect herself. She wasn't going to take any chances.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2007, 08:53:37 pm »
Voidsong gasped at Marnix's shout and did her best not to shriek for help. She curled up and pressed as hard as she could against the pillar, placing one foot back in a ready stance to push off in case she was discovered.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 09:00:35 pm »
Species: Forthi
Name: Gink
Height: 4 ft
Weight: 135lbs

Slowly the world around Gink came back into focus. His vision was still quite blurry, but he managed to stand up, even through the pounding headache.
Too much alcohol, he thought to himself. After several minutes of spinning himself around, which didn't help the hangover, he found out where he was. The back alley of the Kipenk Royalty, a popular bar downtown. After a few more minutes, Gink decided to take a bite out of the creature that bit him or however that damn saying went. When he got to the main entrance he stumbled in, still woozy and suddenly unsure of whether or not the drink would help at all.

At first he didn't realize that no one was there. When he did, the first thought was that it was sevenday, and the bar was closed. The bartender had probably forgot to lock it up, he being the new guy after all.
Well, it's not my fault he forgot, Gink thought to himself. And with that he took a few bottles of alcohol with him as he walked out the door.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 09:03:08 pm »
Suddenly a massive shadow engulfed the city, it passed over quickly, there was a rumble and all was normal again. Suddenly a thought hit her.

She ran to the gravlift, she knew how to get to the maintenance floor, and she did so. She recorded a message, encrypted so that only people with other PIC's could listen to it.

"This is Layola Sygoran of the Syntyan species, calling everyone from colony planet MM49C, Ilipion, broadcasting on all frequencies. If anyone is still around there is an unidentified Alien presence on the planet! I repeat, an unidentified alien presence on the plane SON OF A..."

She looked down, she'd cut herself on something, although there was nothing sharp around, her body would heal fast, it was built to do so. Soon a blue gooey liquid covered the open wound must be the first person to do that in a good few hundred years she thought, half laughing...her heart was racing

"If anyone gets this, head to the central Dome, the central dome" she emphasized on the words. She looked down at her wound while placing her PIC in her belt, well, that'll be nothing compared to what I'm about to do.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 09:04:50 pm »
Marnix holstered his gun back inside his jacket as he continued to look around.  Whomever he had senced was definetly still here.

"Come on out.  I won't hurt you." he said.  He figured that if he was going to be attacked, they'd have attacked him by now.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 09:14:32 pm »
Her translator had finally kicked in, and Marnix's words came through loud and clear. Still a little scared, she opened her eye and peeked around the pillar. To anyone nearby, it looked as if a large, yellow eye was floating about 4 feet off the ground, looking at Marnix.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 09:18:35 pm »
Gink was walking down the road, yelling out the newest song to hit Ilipion. It had something to do with a robot trying to fly, rather stupid, but it made a great song. Gink had already finished two of the bottles and was clutching the last one in his three fingered hand, waving about it wild arcs and circles that would have shown the answer to some of the universes mysteries had it been recorded and played backwards. But it wasn't.

He had barely recognized where he was going until he had come upon one creature which seemed to be speaking to a disembodied eye hovering over the ground. He made his way towards them, still swinging the bottle, intent on asking them for directions.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 09:23:55 pm »
Marnix jumped as the eye appeared infront of him.  That's something you don't see everyday, he thought to himself.  He was about to ask the eye a question before he was interupted by singing.  He looked in it's direction and saw a Forthi in a drunk stupor stumbling towards him.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2007, 09:26:43 pm »
She hurried down the maintenance corridor, finally she found the stairway that to the large gravlift, the one that could blast a vehicle straight into orbit, it was mainly used to raise objects into, and down from the travel field 6 kilometres up. The Travel field was a sort of road and delivery system. There were 32 in total, all going from the massive towers around the city to the gargantuan Centre dome.

She ascended to the large chamber to find that, for some odd reason, someone had already thought what she herself was thinking, everything was in place.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2007, 09:40:31 pm »
Voidsong, assured that Marnix wouldn't attack her, and only mildly worried about the drunk Forthi, revieled herself. Her curiosity took over and she aproached Marnix, extending a standard Defal greeting;

"Welcomings and safe passage to you. Who are you?"

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2007, 09:53:08 pm »
She had calculated how fast she'd have to go to reach the travel field, if someone had gone before her they'd been the exact weight as her, exact height, and had the exact same plan.

She stood on the massive pad unable to form a coherent thought. She hit a button on her PIC, suddenly there was a flash at every side of her, and she was flying, through the sky at an unimaginable speed, she slowed down half way, suddenly she was in a tube of energy, she could see a wider tube above her, a tube to the side, and a wider tube above that one and to the side of the equally big one above the one she was in (confusing huh).

That will have brought some attention, but she didn't care, she was screaming with excitement and happiness, for 2 or 3 minutes she forgot all of her worries and gently floated to the dome. Although it wasn't exactly a dome, more like a mushroom. A massive dome that was connected to a relatively small dome on the ground by a cylinder structure. Although in reality the bottom dome was actually much larger, it went underground almost all of the city. But almost nobody, not even Layola, new this.

She hit a button on her PIC sending the message out again, she had no way to keep the message constant so she'd have to keep this up.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 09:55:39 pm by sltlamina »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 09:55:48 pm »
The hovering eye turning into a full blown creature only mildly affected Gink. After all he was drunk, and stuff like that was supposed to happen. As he reached the two creatures.
"My names Gink," he said, or so he thought. What came out was "My namesssss Gnkkk!" He was just about to ask for directions when he noticed a bug on the ground.
"What a strange little creature," he said, or so he thought (again). What really came out was "lil' bug attackkking!"

He stumbled and fell over landing on his back. After looking to his side he noticed a small rock looking object and immediately shoved this in his mouth, not caring what it did.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 10:33:35 pm »
Voidsong giggled slightly and took the sample container out of Gink's mouth.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2007, 10:43:05 pm »
She slowly floated into the 'in' bay. She almost collided (very gently) with the gravity dampener, the opposite of the accelerator at the other end.

There she was, standing on a crescent shaped slightly raised level, you could walk down 'half a floor' to the main level of the bay, and from there you could turn, go down 'half a floor' and be below the bit she was on now. She went down the gentle slope, then down again. Looking around she found a door half ajar, she became invisible and slowly approached it. Focusing on it she changed her vision to infrared, she couldn't see anything there, but way in the 'distance' she thought she could see a small lifelike heat signature. She started receiving visible light again. She kicked the door open and rushed through quickly, still invisible.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 11:09:17 am »
Marnix glared at Gink, stomped on the insect and turned to Voidsong.

"I'm Marnix Domingo, Kratair.  And you are?"

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 09:54:31 pm »
"The name is Voidsong. Have you seen a little black ship around here anywhere? I'm lost..."

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2007, 10:05:23 pm »
After about a minute of lying on te ground passed out, Gink awoke again. He noticed two other creatures by him and immediately reached in his pocket. There was a pill in there made exactly for these kind of occasions. With one gulp the pill was on its way to his stomach. He'd be sober in a few minutes, and, hopefully, his headache wouldn't be too bad.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2007, 10:06:55 pm »
What she saw she wasn't expecting at all.

She had exited a door...inside...several miles up. But somehow she came straight out of the front exit, "wh?" she started, turning around to look at the building, must be a security protocol, she heard a hiss, like steam, or coolant.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2007, 04:53:35 am »
She could see the top of the Hive she was part of, it was miles off near the edge of the city, crap, she started on her way back, oblivious that the centre was packed, she was thinking to herself.

(OOC: Go on as you guys were, I'm gonna try to explain a few things and get her to you, the place is totally empty for you guys, 'k?)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 04:57:20 am by sltlamina »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2007, 08:57:52 pm »
The conversation passed over Gink as he lay on the floor. Soon he was ready to move on; his hangover had dissappeared.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2007, 12:55:45 am »
She figured she'd went back in time, she knew that couldn't be possible though, that is at least not until she saw herself. She simply stood there and stared, clumsily she hit random things reaching for...she became invisible and stood there staring. She didn't know what to do, so she followed herself, she followed herself all day, in fact she followed herself for 71 hours, she watched herself do everything. Then she decided she had to do something, she didn't know what though.

So she aimlessly wandered around, and after a while found herself in the gravlift, staring at the control panel she hit a random few digits and went up, and up, and up... all in the space of a second or 2. When she reached the floor she stepped out and looked. She could get into the maintenance tunnel from here. She did so, then she knew what to do. She started to walk speedily, then she was jogging, and soon bolting down the maintenance tunnels. Finally she got to her destination, the large gravlift which beforehand...ummm, that later on, she would use to ascend up into the now busy transport tubes.

She checked the schedule, empty, she new it wouldn't matter anyway. She keyed in everything, then she turned and walked off. Looking at her PIC she saw it would be dark in a few hours. She could do one of 2 things, leave the planet, or put herself in stasis...or she could stay and be taken, but she decided against that.

She decided to put herself in stasis until she had originally woken up. On her way there she overheard 2 officials talking, one was a Syntyan...the other was of a species she'd never seen before. Invisible she eavesdropped on the conversation

"I don't like it" Said the Alien "I concur" replied the Syntyan "We can't just do something this big on an inhabited planet!" the Syntyan continued, "Indeed we can't" said the alien "but we have no Authority other this, the Galactic chancellors vote account for more then all of ours combined" "Mmmm" the Syntyan hummed thoughtfully "I don't like it, I want you to hide the planet" "Are you sure?" asked the alien? The Syntyan nodded "Now, lets get inside, I have a feeling we're being watched." He finished.

She walking off in deep thought and booked out a stasis tube, keyed in everything, and went into stasis.

A moment later (which was actually about a day or so later, but a single moment to her) she opened her eyes, got out of her stasis capsule, and left the deserted building. She ran off to follow herself again.

Invisible she rounded a pillar which she couldn't see behind, and brushed straight against the alien, the alien jolted a bit and brushed against the invisible 'past' her. Argh, she ran off inside taking a grav lift to the maintenance tube.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2007, 10:20:55 am »
"Hmm, a black ship." Marnix thought for a moment.  "No, I don't think I've seen anything like that recently.  Do you have any idea how far it might be?  Hmm."  Marnix paused.  "We could use my passcard to take the gravlift in the bulding behind me up to the roof.  From there you should be able to see above most of the higher buildings.  Perhaps that could help you find what you're looking for."

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2007, 04:59:12 pm »
"Thanks. I just hope my others haven't gotten lost from looking for me... It's such a big place, and everything looks the same." She sighed.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2007, 05:44:33 pm »
For no good reason she'd cut herself, she wanted to contact herself, but then decided against it. Then she had went through the door and went back in time. She became visible again.

"Someones gonna be annoyed at me" she said aloud as she went back to her hive, she'd had enough, and whether or not the aliens were friend or foe she needed to tell someone something, anything. She looked down over the edge, she was so high up that it was hard to make out anything definite on the ground, there was also a thin layer of low cloud covering. She made her way back, although later on when she tried to remember she couldn't, she went into her own little world in her head and next thing she knew she was in the main foyer of her Hive.

That's enough weirdness for one day she thought to herself, uhhh, more than a day, she thought, mentally correcting herself.

Offline SimGameFan

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2007, 11:46:30 am »
Species: Zyther
Name: Zil

The computer-contolled private starcraft headed for Cinta V. Zil had been on a class feild trip, waiting at the space-port with the rest of the class. He snuck off and ended up as a stowaway on the ship.

The owner, a Zyther businessman who made a fortune on the galactic stock market, had stopped at a space station for something. Zil emerged from his hiding place to take a look, unwittingly activating the computer through motion detectors which had been set to leave at the owner's return.

Trying to return to the station, he accidently changed the destination to the now eerily quiet planet ahead. Unable to figure out the complex controls, Zil then tried to contact the planet below. He knew how to work the communications system, being no different than those found in any Zyther home.

The strange part was that there was no signals coming from the planet even though it was obviously populated by an advanced race. Zil picked a few faint signals from other systems, but nothing nearby.

"Now beginning landing sequence. Cinta V has a non-breathable atmosphere. Make sure to wear an EcoSuit outside at all times."

The holo-screen came up with travel information on the planet. It was indeed populated and should be broadcasting. Should be.

Zil opened a drawer and put on an EcoSuit. It was a skin-tight spacesuit, creating water for the wearer to breathe with it's solar/fusion-powered matter converter. It also used a small motor, like the kind found on hovercars, to keep the normally aquatic Zyther mobile as they have no natural means of locomotion on land.

The ship landed on a hoverpad at the top of one of the highest skyscrapers in the city. Zil stepped out, skaken by the abscence of traffic and life.

"This looks bad..." he said, looking around for an elevator...