Author Topic: Alone  (Read 8443 times)

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
Alone
« on: August 11, 2007, 08:16:21 am »
Not many were asleep at the time, but for some reason...only those that were were safe...or maybe it was the other way around. Whatever had happened, it was odd. The rest...the awake ones, they just vanished, the word of Cinta V was almost completely devoid of life.

Species: Syntyan
Name: Layola
Sex: Female
Height: 11 ft
Weight: 180 KG

Layola had been awake 112 standard galactic hours straight. She was absolutely knackered and decided she'd sleep for a while to regain her strength. She went to bed at 4 in the morning.

She had an odd dream, a light, that was it, like a massive star, and other stars were orbiting it and merging and splitting, and doing all sorts of crazy stuff.

When she awoke she'd been asleep for little over a day and a half. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and went to get a drink. She put the 'kettle' on and turned the holoscreen on. Nothing, static, that was odd. She stoop there rubbing her eyes, trying to recuperate herself...staring at the noisy screen blankly she decided to put a movie on. She turned it on, and while waiting for it to load up went off to make her drink.

When she came back through she put her drink on the table that grew up from the ground, several long snake like pieces came up, wrapped around each other, and formed a table top next to the chair. The menu popped up on the screen, she stared for a second wondering, then went to go put some clothes on.

On her way to her wardrobe she noticed something odd. Looking out of the wide round window she noticed...not much. A lack of any traffic, just sky scrapers, and hive buildings, towering high above the clouds. The orange grass in the distance caught her eyes for some odd reason. There was no one else, no one walking on the surface 80 or so floors below, no cars. She stood naked, pressed against the window looking for any sign of life, for something.

...nothing, she was alone.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
Re: Alone
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 07:12:37 pm »
(OOC: oh come on...fine, I'll post again)

She stood there staring for 10 minutes straight before peeling her eyes away from the deserted scene, "Must just be a quiet day or something," she said trying to convince herself, "yeah, that's it." She started back to the wardrobe then stopped and looked at the ground "a very, very, very quiet day"

She forced herself to get dressed, put her stunner on the table next to her drink, and proceeded to watch the movie.

A few hours later nothing had happened. Still silent, none of the television channels were working, the movie had finished. Maybe I've slipped through into some other reality she thought. She shrugged the thought off and turned the TV off. Suddenly there was a loud rumble somewhere outside of the building. She rushed to the window to look.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 07:24:45 pm »
((Post-apocalypse? Spore style? Neat!

Here's my creature, linked to as per my rule.))

The small Defal craft slowly decended into the barren city. They had picked up very few life signs in the city, so they felt it was safe landing spot to study the culture from. These Defal were the bravest of their species, going out into the unknown. Unfortunately, that wasn't saying much, as they had allready been scared off by an asteroid that "might be holding a huge, hostile, and very powerful ship".

The shuttle landed noisily, kicking up clouds of dust with it's reverse thrusters.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 07:34:10 pm »
(OOC: It's a colony world that's been terraformed that's suddenly lost everyone that was awake :D)

Staring at the craft way in the distance Layola smiled. She picked up her back back, a bottle of water, and her stunner and headed for the door.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 07:48:50 pm »
The small door at the back of the metallic black shuttle opened with a hiss. After extensive checks of the outside area, Anysay, the Defal captain, gingerly stepped outside onto the ground. Assured it was safe, three others followed down the ramp, looking about for any signs of movement.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 02:36:52 am »
She got outside and walked over to the gravlift, she stared for a few seconds "oh, what do I want to do?" she said aloud, she fiddled with her thumbs while thinking. She walked in and pressed for the docking bay, suddenly she was enveloped in a small pocket of gravity, before she could blink, quite literally, she was floating at the entrance to the docking bay.

She made her way for her 'car', it was a 5 or so minute walk. When she got there she got in, sat, and thought, "now what?" she asked herself...hoping for an answer.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 01:08:48 pm »
"I wonder what hapened to them..."
"What if it's still here?"
"It's not... there's only a few lifesigns, all of the same race."
"Maybe that race is why there's no one here."

There was a pause as the group concidered running right back into the ship before Anysay spoke.

"No. The technology was built for something their size. Besides, would you rather study this culture with an army's woth of ray-guns pointed at you?"

She didn't need to wait for an answer. Her crew began taking samples of dirt, dust, a small chunk of a wall, and pretty much anything else they could get their hands on. They put them into small containers, round so as not to hurt anyone on the corners, and rushed them into the shuttle, placing them all on a shelf in the lab.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007, 11:27:49 pm »
She checked her systems, the gravity dampeners were fine, fuel levels high, she didn't need any more than that. She began to back out of the parking space and move towards the light flooding in. Suddenly without warning there was a flicker and the shield went up "NO!" she screamed stopping.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 06:15:56 pm »
"I'm bored. We've got bits of everything here." Youngtwilight whined.

"Yeah. There isn't anything left to sample." agreed Voidsong, sitting down and making pictures in the dirt.

"Ok, then. You two go explore over there." Starwind said, pointing over to a huge building.

"Unh... I don't wanna. You're faster!" Voidsong argued.

"Yeah, and you're the one with the scanner." added Youngtwilight. Starwind responded by shoving the bulky equipment into his younger sibling's arms.

"Fine. I'll go. But you all have to tag along behind me." decided Anysay.

"Yes, sir." the other three said in chorus.

Placing the last samples into the ship, they slowly made their way over to the large building. While the other three waited in the shadows, Anysay bravely stepped out in front of the opening, looking around for some new material.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 06:36:10 pm by Darth Grievi »

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 06:20:20 pm »
(OOC: uhhh, would you be able to hear someone shouting from like 200 floors up?...with a forcefield and vehicle blocking the noise? Also...more people join, be your own species, I originally intended for it to be a massive colony world for loads of species)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 06:25:24 pm »
((I dunno... I didn't know it was 200 feet up, but they use echolocation as well as sight. Kinda iffy, realy. If it realy bugs you, I could edit my post.))

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 06:28:58 pm »
(Eh, do what you like, I'm not too bothered)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 06:36:36 pm »
((There you go. Same efect, different reason.))

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 07:10:28 pm »
She got out and kicked the soft but strong material of her car, it didn't hurt, but it let out some pent up frustration "what do I do?"..."whada I do," she muttered to herself, "ooooh." She looked around, she thought and headed over to the gravlift.

Soon she had descended to the bottom floor, she exited and looked up at the greenish bluish sky. It was cool in the shade, she decided to head to somewhere where she could climb up onto the main road.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 07:24:59 pm »
The group of Defal had taken some more samples from the area around the building. As the containers piled up, Voidsong was chosen to ferry them back to the ship. Taking a pile of the little tubes in her hands, she wandered off in what she thought was the direction of the ship. Unfortunately, she got lost and ended up wandering around the city. She eventually ended up not 15 feet from Layola, rather oblivious to the other presence.