Author Topic: An essay I wrote  (Read 4658 times)

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
An essay I wrote
« on: August 10, 2007, 04:12:05 pm »
I wanted to know what you guys think of my essay, I wrote it as a response to a question someone asked me (it was a bit more than she expected) and I want to know if you guys have any pointers.

Neomaterialist desituationism and expressionism

1. Fellini and neomaterialist desituationism

The primary theme of Hanfkopf’s essay on postdialectic semanticism is the dialectic of capitalist sexual identity. Thus, if neomaterialist desituationism holds, we have to choose between neopatriarchial cultural theory and the subtextual paradigm of discourse.

Cameron states that the works of Fellini are empowering. But if neomaterialist desituationism holds, we have to choose between precapitalist deappropriation and the dialectic paradigm of reality.

Many sublimations concerning not deconstruction, but subdeconstruction exist. It could be said that the premise of neomaterialist desituationism implies that context is a product of communication.

The defining characteristic, and eventually the dialectic, of postcapitalist narrative which is a central theme of Fellini’s 8 1/2 emerges again in Amarcord. In a sense, Porter suggests that we have to choose between neomaterialist desituationism and cultural submodernist theory.

2. The semantic paradigm of narrative and neocultural desituationism

In the works of Smith, a predominant concept is the concept of capitalist reality. Bataille uses the term ‘expressionism’ to denote the role of the writer as artist. However, the subject is contextualised into a neomaterialist desituationism that includes art as a whole.

If expressionism holds, we have to choose between neocultural desituationism and substructuralist sublimation. It could be said that Marx’s model of the cultural paradigm of discourse states that language is used to reinforce the status quo.

The subject is interpolated into a neomaterialist desituationism that includes reality as a paradox. Therefore, in Chasing Amy, Smith analyses expressionism; in Mallrats, however, he denies neotextual constructive theory.

3. Realities of collapse

“Society is part of the genre of truth,” says Lyotard. The main theme of the works of Smith is a postsemanticist whole. However, Debord promotes the use of neocultural desituationism to challenge capitalism.

In the works of Smith, a predominant concept is the distinction between ground and figure. Lacan uses the term ‘expressionism’ to denote the stasis, and some would say the paradigm, of capitalist reality. In a sense, several narratives concerning Lyotardist narrative may be found.

“Class is impossible,” says Bataille. Porter suggests that the works of Smith are postmodern. However, many constructions concerning the bridge between society and class exist.

Foucault uses the term ‘expressionism’ to denote not theory, but subtheory. But in Dogma, Smith examines Baudrillardist simulacra; in Chasing Amy, although, he deconstructs expressionism.

Lacan suggests the use of postcapitalist narrative to read and modify sexual identity. It could be said that if neocultural desituationism holds, we have to choose between constructive nihilism and neocultural theory.

The subject is contextualised into a neomaterialist desituationism that includes consciousness as a totality. However, a number of narratives concerning expressionism may be discovered.

Sartre promotes the use of textual postpatriarchial theory to attack sexism. Therefore, neocultural desituationism states that expression is created by the masses.

Any number of desituationisms concerning the role of the participant as artist exist. In a sense, the primary theme of la Tournier’s essay on Lyotardist narrative is the absurdity of submodern society.

Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: An essay I wrote
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 04:21:55 pm »
I think you are really smart and I didn't understand any of it but it looks really well written.  :)

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 04:25:52 pm »
I thought I was smart  :'(

Please tell me you're well into college.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 04:34:27 pm »
Now rewrite it in english.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 04:45:59 pm »
Heh. Some people posted stuff using that generator before.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 05:08:03 pm »
I suspect this to be fake.

I don't claim to understand any of this stuff. But what I do know is that such an essay, would it be real, is poorly written. Not only do some things seem not to match at all (though I could be wrong about that), but also the amassing of foreign expressions is rather unusual, even for scientific texts (if it's real, it's really bad). Also, I guess a lot of expressions were 'scientified', making it look more complex as it actually is and thus tries to feign smartness to the unsuspecting reader.

Either you are a boastful fake or you are a poor author.
Anyway...

BUSTED
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 07:51:15 pm »
If someone would kindly find the old thread, I would gladly put it in it's proper place.
(I'd find it myself, but I have limited time).

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 11:10:01 pm »
If someone would kindly find the old thread, I would gladly put it in it's proper place.
(I'd find it myself, but I have limited time).

You don't even need to find it. Just hit the delete button.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2007, 04:52:20 am »
Half of that doesn't make sense, and not because it's written in complicated words. The words themselves don't make sense. Definitely fake.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2007, 07:07:58 pm »
Guys, guys, you've obviously misunderstood his cry for help. You see, you must read between the lines. Even he himself said that he knowingly complicated the topic. What we are supposed to do is give him pointers on how to make it more convincing!

• Follow up 25 cent words with brief, equally convoluted explanations. This way you can impart to the reader a sense of knowing what each word means intimately, while at the same time rubbing it in their face.
  • Make sure you know the connotations and denotations of each word. That way you won't get caught up in mistakes. For example, situationism is a psychological theory, while materialism is a philosophical
  • Longer paragraphs, most definitely. These conveniently force the reader to skim the passages, allowing you some mishaps in your writing.
  • Get rid of your fondness for the prefix neo. It's good every once in a while, but you definitely overused it.
  • If expressionism holds, WTF?
  • And the last and final one! DON'T PLAGIARIZE! A lot of those snippets sounded like they came from This site. At least thank my countrymen for their hard work.

But thanks for helping me find that site. It's bookmarked now.

EDIT: Or maybe you went to site that fills in philosophical hogwash into a generic template, cause that's what everything sounds like to me.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 07:13:10 pm by stuck »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • GREAT SCOTT!!
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 07:12:44 pm »
My generated essay was the best! It had a superb opener.

"Contained within this paper is a lie."

:D

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2007, 07:18:57 pm »
http://contraintes.inria.fr/bin/dada?pomo.pb;m=SRC

BOOM! Found the aptly named "postmodernism generator," or the quite cleverly called Dada engine.

No wonder nothing I've read made sense, or how everything seemed too closely worded.

Is that still considered plagiarism?

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 07:21:23 pm »

BOOM! Found the aptly named "postmodernism generator," or the quite cleverly called Dada engine.

No wonder nothing I've read made sense, or how everything seemed too closely worded.

Is that still considered plagiarism?

Do you have a version that can run without having to download it or do something like that?
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 07:28:27 pm »
No, I just found it.

It appears that http://www.elsewhere.org/pomo randomly generates pseudo-postmodernist articles. I have yet to find one that does what you want it to do.

Damn, I've got to submit one of these to a teacher (after careful filtering by me, of course).

Who would've guessed it? No wonder the "essay" didn't make much sense.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 07:30:46 pm by stuck »

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 03:30:31 pm »

:D Best. name. ever.
My karma ran over your dogma