Author Topic: [Hoffman Estates, IL] Looking for more roleplayers!  (Read 3385 times)

Offline logan9a

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Heroic Cthulhu
[Hoffman Estates, IL] Looking for more roleplayers!
« on: August 09, 2007, 10:19:15 pm »
LOOKING FOR MORE PLAYERS

Description of the game:

The game is held in Hoffman Estates, IL.  It runs SAT noon on.  People do not need to commit for a full day, just come out for a few hours to check it out.  Yes, there is a game going on this weekend.  Many of the players show up once per two weeks.  Make whatever you can. 

The game year is currently in the early 1930s.  The characters are a wide mix of people who work at a private investigator office doctors, theologians, archaeologists, world war one vets and, of course, PIs.  Their cases run anything from missing persons to stopping Various Evil Things from doing...evil.  The campaign is a mix between realism and the bizarre.  As I have GMed for close to 30 years, I have gotten tired of dungeon crawls, etc.  I offer something new.

The system used is a percentage system with heavy modifications as I found d20 stuff to be less realistic and more encumbering than I liked.  I like some action and do not want to spend hours on the same battle.  The system itself has been play tested over a 7 year period with many other people and all but one of the fifty or so has enjoyed it more than systems they were previously familiar with (D&D, d20, WW, etc)  I am more interested in open minded roleplayers rather than the if it is not D&D it must be bad crowd.  The players I am looking for are more interested in is it a good game than what system is it.

If you have a gaming group and want to forward this e-mail to the folks of your group, I would appreciate it.  If several people want to show up for the game as a group, good, come check it out.

If you would like more information, I can be reached at logan9a@yahoo.com

We regularly podcast the game.  It has fans literally around the world who enjoy listening to it.  The podcast can be found here:

http://heroiccthulhu.mypodcast.com/index.html

Listen to Heroic Cthulhu podcasts http://heroiccthulhu.mypodcast.com/index.html
If you are able to attend a gaming session in Hoffman Estates, IL, e-mail me at logan9a@yahoo.com

Offline logan9a

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Heroic Cthulhu
Re: [Hoffman Estates, IL] Looking for more roleplayers!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:05:03 pm »
Ta'da!  This is now the only one of these topics.  Oh, this board is strict.

Thanks to the one nice person I encountered who advised me to delete the other message and just keep this one.  Thanks!

Logan
If you are able to attend a gaming session in Hoffman Estates, IL, e-mail me at logan9a@yahoo.com

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 12:10:08 pm »
 ???

So, you want us to meet at some place called HoffMan Estates?

And your site leads to a bunch of download links....

Now I'm really confused....
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline logan9a

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Heroic Cthulhu
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 12:28:21 pm »
???

So, you want us to meet at some place called HoffMan Estates?

And your site leads to a bunch of download links....

Now I'm really confused....

Heard of goggle maps?  That tells where Hoffman Estates is.  Here is the link:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=hoffman+estates,+IL&ie=UTF8&z=12&iwloc=addr&om=1

The site I put there is my podcasting site.  Let me see if I can break it down.

- I live in Illinois.

- I do table top gaming.

- If you live in Illinois and are close to the place called "Hoffman Estates" then you might say "I'd like to go over and game with that group of people at Logan's.

- If you don't then chances are against you coming to game in that place called "Hoffman Estates" because honestly Illinois is not that interesting of state.  It's true that I have had players commute from a different state to get in on the game but that was only a couple times.

- Now when we do our table top roleplaying games in Hoffman Estates, we record them on MP3 and I upload them to a podcast site.  Don't ask me to explain podcasting because I barely do myself.  Fans wanted the show on podcast so bingo they got it.

- When I put the show up on podcast, they gave me a URL for a website with just my stuff on it.  Groovy.  That web page has many of the podcasts linked to it (plus more in the archives - several gigs of data there).  That's what the website is.

Does that make sense?

:)

Logan

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 12:33:49 pm »
Don't be insulted, but that sounds pedophilic to me.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 12:35:06 pm »
I'm not retarded.

I know what a podcast is and how to make one.

Sounds cool!  8)

Problem is, quite a few people on this site aren't from the States(me included-I'm Canadian).

So, your turnout might be low if your only recruiting for your bloodcul-I mean, Table-Top-Game from this site.

:)

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline logan9a

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Heroic Cthulhu
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 12:42:55 pm »
I know what a podcast is and how to make one.

>>>Heck, you're ahead of where I was a month ago!!  I had to look it up on Wiki...

Sounds cool!  8)

>>>Hope you enjoy listening to it.

Problem is, quite a few people on this site aren't from the States(me included-I'm Canadian).

>>>I've visited Canada a few times.  The people are super nice but the lack of litter where I was kind of freaked me out.  They also taught me my only Canadian joke.  I thought it was funny.  Did some NERO (LARP) up there a few years ago.

So, your turnout might be low if your only recruiting for your bloodcul-I mean, Table-Top-Game from this site.

>>>Although I'm not sure what you mean by 'bloodcul' yes, I am doing recruiting from many sites looking for gamers.  It is a pain.  But, the nice thing is if you are not able to hit the game (live) you might enjoy the podcasts.  I'm not sure how many listeners I have in Canada right now.  /ponder

Enjoy your clean country!  (Gosh, I couldn't even bring myself to litter there.  It gave me the shakes.  I'm going to go outside and mess up my back yard for a minute to cope with the memories.)

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 12:51:20 pm »
Yeah, we are awfully clean.

The 'bloodcul' thing was a joke.

Good luck on havign a fun game! I could never really play tabletop RPGs. Never really figured 'em out. I'm thinking of learning, but nobody in my area to play with......  :(

Offline logan9a

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Heroic Cthulhu
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 01:01:50 pm »
...but nobody in my area to play with......  :(

In Canada?  You're joking!  There are TONS of people there who roleplay.  Long winters, cold, crappy weather = lots of people getting together to roleplay.  If you were in that town in FL where all of the college spring break movies were held I'd have an easier time believing nobody was roleplaying.

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 10:23:05 pm »
ah pity no where near you but i can do this

I support this thread
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline logan9a

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
    • Heroic Cthulhu
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 10:39:30 pm »
ah pity no where near you but i can do this

I support this thread

Thanks!  I hope you are enjoying the podcasts!