Author Topic: Syntyan  (Read 10548 times)

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
Syntyan
« on: August 09, 2007, 03:42:37 am »
I finally decided on what I want my creature to be like. I've always wanted the head this way, I could just never be happy with the body configuration of any creatures a drew. So now, I, Scott, me, present...to you...

Syntyan

Stats:

Height: 9-12 feet tall
Weight: 200-220 Kilos
Life Span: Before Medical science, 120 years, afterwards, up to 400.
Defences: Not much, have a large mane that puffs up when threatened or scared to scare predators. Tend to become electrically charged when threatened.
Personality: Peaceful, Kind, Playful, Paranoid about safety
Gestation Period: 12 Months (3/4 of a Gelt year)

General Info:

The Syntyan (Sin-Tea-An) are a gentle species of herbivorous creatures from the planet Gelt (G/Jel-t). They stand between 9 and 12 feet tall, and weigh some 200 or so kilos and are very strong. They are the only intelligent species from their planet. They rose to this position because of an almost complete lack of defences, and through a serious of random genetic mutations.

Their limbs all have 3 sections to them, they have 4 legs positioned in such a way as so that they can move in any direction relative to where they are without turning their body around. The arms were originally in such a way, but when their brains started to get larger (density doesn't mean dumb :P, quite the opposite) the arms evolved to face in one direction, although because of the way they are jointed they can reverse the position of their arms and manipulate things 'behind' them just as well.

They have 4 black eyes, when it gets very dark they can see in infrared. They can also 'sense' (but not physically see) ultra violet radiation, they evolved this way as they orbit a small red dwarf witch has a habit of giving off solar flares quite often, if they sense dangerous levels of UV radiation they head for cover.

Their fur is Violet to blend in with the plants on the planet. The stripes down their back differ in colour, environmental factors and genetics both play a role, if they live in a heavily forested area with red fruit, the stripes would mainly be red, although they aren't always.

For no apparent reason they also developed a copper 'super coil' (coils wrapped into coils, wrapped into bigger coils, and so on and so forth) system through their bones witch leads to their hands, by harnessing electrical currents they can give off electrical charges and even create small magnetic fields. It is most likely that this was a failed evolutionary attempt, at least failed in the sense of what it could have become (although Alien genetic modification has been speculated upon). It is fairly useless in everyday life, although very creative Syntyan can put it to use in everyday activities (with a fair bit of determination and concentration mind you)

Because of this the Syntyan are practically immune to electric shocks, they're body absorbs it and can use it.

Sapient Syntyan:

The Syntyan are safety freaks! All through their sapience their objects, buildings, and generally everything...has been round, nothing ever has corners or edges. They studied physics vigorously, developing control over things such as particle fields very early on into their sapience. Again, being safety freaks they bunkered up and went to ridiculous lengths to protect their species.

They shielded their entire planet from physical objects, this ruled out being destroyed by meteors, although the first few shields being primitive in nature also lead to the tides being screwed up. This was fixed with later generation shielding though. Later generation shielding also boosted the power of their already strong EM field which blocked a lot more cosmic radiation.

Stasis fields were developed for space ships in case anything went wrong, for pretty much everything that required risk.

Although they were a very odd species indeed, try as they might to preserve their own species and lives, they would also make the most suicidal split second decisions when the time came. They are regarded by most, as a very peculiar species.

Planet Info:

Gelt is a fairly largish moon which orbits the gas giant Hydrodor, it's about 9000 Kilometres in Diametre. Originally it was a planet although some time in the distant past it was pulled into a stable orbit around the gas giant. This apparently happened several billion years ago when the star system passed through a small 'arm' of a nebula, a very dense planet most likely captured a lot of gas around it becoming a gas giant and pulled Gelt into its orbit. It's gravitational pull is about 0.8 Gees (1 being standard on Earth).

The planet is roughly 75% Water, there south poll is very small, only a few hundred kilometres in Diametre, there north poll is very large however and is actually part of the main landmass (the largest continent)

Life on Gelt is fairly similar to life on Earth, all life is carbon based and needs water to survive. Life forms are quite a lot larger than they are on earth, the largest land animals are larger than Blue Whales, and the largest sea creatures dwarf even them.

Pictures:

Standing Up Straight:

Defencive Stance, cheek fur and mane puffed up to give the illusion of being much larger, arms positioned in menacing manner:

Hand (cos I thought it could be interesting :P):

More info later (constructive criticism welcome, etc etc...blah blah blah, bye)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 06:16:30 pm by sltlamina »

Offline shadowlord18

• Super Mario Bro.
  • *hug* here you go be well my friend.
    • View Profile
Re: Name undecided
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 04:08:42 am »
not bad not bad at all

i name it eleftium
Life is not measured by the amount of times you fall down but by the number of times you get back up again.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 04:12:04 am »
Thank you my kind sir :), eh the names...it's OK I guess :P

The original name that I used to save the pics was Golough (Go-Loth), but then I just sorta sat their wondering if it suited them.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 05:02:47 am »
This reminds me of some i have seen before.

Here is the more primative version of the "Woolly Gruntherium"

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 11:23:02 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 05:11:35 am »
I'm not seeing it :-\, also, stop spawning your creatures in everyones topics :P If you do it enough they might come real and take over the world...wait, that's not a half bad idea. Keep going :)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 05:14:11 am »
Also the hands and eyes are naucean-like :P

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 05:19:51 am »
Well I've always used Trunks and black eyes, think of the many times I've tried perfecting the Zyyo...and failed :P I just used the same head that I like, and shoved it onto a new body :)

About the hands, I used to wonder what it'd be like if people had hands like that. Then I found that the Elites in Halo had hands like that, so it was decided, from there on...Sci Fi Alien hands like that rocked!

Even if I were stealing ideas, you should be happy I like them that much, that's what I always think (unless you designed something, then the plans got stolen...that'd totally be totally uncool).

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 05:21:25 am »
Thats what it looked like! thr Zyyo!

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 05:25:34 am »
YES! :D, just I could never seem to be happy with the Zyyo, but I rehashed the body...and I'm really happy with this design :)

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 05:28:45 am »
I don't think you're in the position to blame someoe else, he just ripped off his creatures of yours, since you already stated, that your Nauceans are just a bunch of different creatures like mice, raptors, dolphins, nautili, etc. mixed together! :P
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 05:31:05 am »
I don't think you're in the position to blame someoe else, he just ripped off his creatures of yours, since you already stated, that your Nauceans are just a bunch of different creatures like mice, raptors, dolphins, nautili, etc. mixed together! :P

none of those have those kinds of hands or eyes :P

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 05:32:13 am »
Haha, good point, what say you Hydro? :P

(excessive use of the ':P' emoticon!...:P *looks around nervously*)

Crap, you replied before me! DAMN IT, not fair >:(

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 05:37:54 am »

none of those have those kinds of hands or eyes :P
So?

I can see clearly, that you put a rat creature there for the eyes! (Mice are some kinds of rats, or the other way around, well whatever, they have the same eyes! :P )
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
Re: Golough
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 05:46:54 am »
HAHAHAHAHA...Dr. Jumba *muffles a laugh*, ohh mercy (nah, that only works with Skinner...er, Tamzirian...meh)

I've put in the name I orginally thought of, might just be a placeholder, I dunno.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 05:47:30 am »
I never said i did not, in fact i said i did. I am just pointing out that his resemble this. So perhaps he is using my inspiration or mine. Or maybe he just made it. :P