Author Topic: Syntyan  (Read 10566 times)

Offline ARCosta

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Ki
    • View Profile
Re: Syntyan
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2007, 05:20:43 am »
Sltamina, Culture means clothing, weapons building styles, technology.
And Hydro, you've made like a 100 creatures. Its just coincedence if one of those things slightly his creature.

Yeah like this. Name some hobbies, how they interact, are there casts, filosophy (bad spelling?) in life? I really like that part.
Green grin

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2007, 05:26:45 am »
I can't do all that at once, I...oh ok, reply and I'll work something up. I might get some paper to be on the safe side, specifically what do you want to see or read about first? Do you want any pictures of anything, or just what you said then?

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2007, 05:30:16 am »
I can't do all that at once, I...oh ok, reply and I'll work something up. I might get some paper to be on the safe side, specifically what do you want to see or read about first? Do you want any pictures of anything, or just what you said then?
What is their government like? Communist? Democratic? Feudal?

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2007, 05:54:31 am »
Government:

The Syntyan don't have a government as such, there is no one 'leader', it's more a council. The high council consists of 16 Syntyan, together they will make decisions in the best interest of the species as a whole. It runs very smoothly, they'll take into account what the population says, but should disputes occur they will always try to take the peaceful path (being the cowards they are).

Being extremely intelligent makes it hard to understand how they work. They seem to look at every possible outcome, as if they've somehow mastered the chaos theory to an extent to which they can almost accurately predict the future. Of course this is not true, but they can quite accurately predict how another species or such will react to certain courses of action.

If a vote results in a tie, a 3rd party will be called upon from the public to resolve the matter, they act much like a jury, listen to both sides, and then make a decision in the best interest of the species as a whole (in their opinion).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 03:59:00 am by sltlamina »

Offline ARCosta

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Ki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2007, 07:56:45 am »
Government:
Being extremely intelligent makes it hard to understand how they work. They seem to look at every possible outcome, as if they've somehow mastered the chaos theory to an extend to which they can almost accurately predict the future.

Then they would make excellent chess players. Garry Kasparov you have yourself a chalenge!  ;D
Green grin

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 28, 2007, 12:48:52 am »
A little bit of Space age stuff. I'm not gonna go in any specific direction here, I'll work on past and future as I feel (I just realised now that this computer is in my bedroom with the...chunky monitor, that I was right, things on the LCD really looked different, #0000FF did not look blue on the LCD (although I knew it was) >:()

...Disclaimer: Misleading title imminent!

Conquering the Cosmos:

It is theorized by all intelligent enough species, that one day their population will become too large for planets alone to sustain them. And that eventually their power requirements will be enormous. Being an intelligent species, the Syntyan also knew that this fate was inevitable. They decided to do something about it before it became an out of control problem.

At some point in the Syntyan's history, they managed to build a 'Ringworld'. Rumour has it that graviton manipulators were used to condense almost an entire nebula into a super strong, and fairly dense, yet entirely stable substance. Of course because of it's sheer strength it had to be made in the ring shape, nanobots were incapable of reconfiguring the structure of the substance at an atomic scale, the manipulators fortunately were capable of this. The ring measures approximately 1 AU in radius (or is it diametre...I fforget :-\, someone who gets what I'm trying to say correct me), about 100000 KM wide, and the actual base of the structure is several KM's thick (apparently it's not entirely thick and may possibly contain vast tunnel systems, transport systems, or something else entirely).

More nebula were harvested of Hydrogen and Oxygen to make the vast amounts of water needed, the atmosphere was pumped in, and still even more interstellar gas was used to make the star for the system. The entire structure was made habitable, and eventually was inhabited. The surface area on the inhabited side was several thousand times more than the surface area of every other planet hospitable to the Syntyan, combined.

After a millennia or so of keeping the ring secret from the galaxy, they decided to allow other species to come and take advantage of the, almost completely empty (although inhabited by close to half a trillion Syntyan) ring. The existence of such an artifact of that magnitude, at first caused panic, anger, and fear throughout the galaxy. Although about a century after the rings galactic unveiling, such silly ideas about the ring and the Syntyan themselves were forgotten.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2007, 01:47:15 am »
cool!
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]