Author Topic: Syntyan  (Read 10559 times)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: Golough
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 12:31:53 am »
A little unrefined? I'll take care of that! ;D Expect it in about a week, because I'm out of paper...

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
Re: Golough
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 12:32:22 am »
A little unrefined? I'll take care of that! ;D Expect it in about a week, because I'm out of paper...

:D, thanks! ;D

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
Re: Syntyan
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2007, 01:05:10 am »
NAME DECIDED! And I put another line or 2 of info in there...I think, well I remember doing it (in the general Stats part)

...if it's a fake memory >:(

Offline El_Buro

• Revenging Yar
  • Crusher of spines.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2007, 05:09:32 am »
34-++= Syntyan Error.

Blech.

Cool Creature, though.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2007, 05:20:03 am »
34-++= Syntyan Error.

Blech.

Cool Creature, though.

I took the name partially from that word :P, I heard someone on TV say, "Syntax", and was like "BULLS F**KING EYE!"

And thankies ;D

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2007, 06:51:20 am »
UPDATE!

Quote from: ...ME!
Pre Sapient Syntyan:

Being a herbivorous species, and numerous, the Syntyan were looked upon by every large carnivorous, or omnivorous creature, as a feast, they were large and there were lots. They were one of the least likely candidates for intelligence on their planet (well, moon). Fortunately, because of some fluke of nature, the genetic mutation that lead to their intelligence, also started what would eventually lead to their "Electric" abilities, this ability couldn't have come at a better time at all. Had it come any later their wouldn't be any Syntyan left now. There would just be bones, echoes of the past, maybe not even bones.

The gas giant they orbited gave rise to many Jovian life forms, one of which was extremely large. The Nilorintim (Nilor in tin) were a species with a wingspan of approximately 40 metres. They were about the same length, had 4 wings, and 'biological combustion engines'. They had an entirely metal exoskeleton covering their entire body. They left the safety of the upper atmosphere every 10 or so of there years to mate on the moons and devour anything in sight (living or not). Although this began to become more frequent.

When they finally made it to Gelt the Syntyan were prepared, not by some meaningful evolutionary change, but by pure chance. The only species on the entire planet that could actually stand against these foes and claim victory were the Syntyan. At night time massive flashes would light the sky, but the lightning was going up, not down. Entire herds would be fighting for their very survival against these monsters that might as well have come from the mind of some, sick, cruel, twisted, and seriously downright evil person. Well over 60% of the planets creatures were wiped out, but in the end the Syntyan stood the victours. Entire forests and jungles had been burned to the ground. Over a billion dead corpses with well over a foot of metal covering them littered the planet, never rotting, just lying there, silent and still. Reminders of the horrible past that had pushed their very species to the brink of extinction, but they prevailed, and eventually become intelligent. They Syntyan came, they saw, they conquered.

I realise their are flaws, so sue me! :P, I'll work them out!...the ummm...the Nilorintim got tired...YEAH!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 06:55:53 am by sltlamina »

Offline Undistinguished

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • MYSTERY MAN
    • View Profile
    • Undistinguished
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2007, 01:03:13 pm »
I like the new name a lot more

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 03:30:05 am »
'nother slight update!:

Some info on their sapience, mainly their own preservation...

Quote from: Me
Sapient Syntyan:

The Syntyan are safety freaks! All through their sapience their objects, buildings, and generally everything...has been round, nothing ever has corners or edges. They studied physics vigorously, developing control over things such as particle fields very early on into their sapience. Again, being safety freaks they bunkered up and went to ridiculous lengths to protect their species.

They shielded their entire planet from physical objects, this ruled out being destroyed by meteors, although the first few shields being primitive in nature also lead to the tides being screwed up. This was fixed with later generation shielding though. Later generation shielding also boosted the power of their already strong EM field which blocked a lot more cosmic radiation.

Stasis fields were developed for space ships in case anything went wrong, for pretty much everything that required risk.

Although they were a very odd species indeed, try as they might to preserve their own species and lives, they would also make the most suicidal split second decisions when the time came. They are regarded by most, as a very peculiar species.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2007, 09:52:02 pm »

Raw scan. You like so far?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 02:02:37 pm by Darth Grievi »

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2007, 10:00:29 pm »
Niiiice, that's really good (I'm currently updating it in a new tab too, I just refreshed in this one and was like 'weird'), thanks :) I'd love to see that when it's done. That's almost perfect, but the arms look a little...odd :D, just make them have 2 sections if you want, I've found trying to draw limbs with more than 2 sections always turns out horrible :(.

Looks great so far though :) thanks again ;D

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2007, 10:05:22 pm »
When the idea hit me in that spice topic I just had to use it...

Fuel:

While the Sytyan's were still 'developing' a more advanced civilization, they stumbled upon an interesting fuel source. A certain sap like substance that is secreted from giant mushroom shaped trees/plants to attract animals was found to be extremely reactive with other chemicals. It is several times as efficient as fossil fuels and is abundant. They started creating entire plantations just to harvest this chemical for use as a fuel.

Upon burning it Carbon Dioxide is released, although the trees could clear this up (being the size they are). They used this fuel source to power machinery and such, although they discovered Fusion extremely quickly and switched to this. Being a moon in orbit around a gas giant was extremely useful when you needed a supply of hydrogen.

It is rumored that they accidentally came upon another energy source a little later on, some say that it was antimatter reactors, but nobody has ever said.

Offline ARCosta

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Ki
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2007, 04:27:29 am »
Hey how about some stuff about their culture. I love  :-* reading about alien cultures  ;D
Green grin

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2007, 04:38:07 am »
How do you mean about their culture? They don't have a god as they realise that doesn't make sense and complicates matters. Uhhh, you mean like the way they may interact in everyday life? The way they treat each other and alien species?

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2007, 05:05:53 am »
Sltamina, Culture means clothing, weapons building styles, technology.
And Hydro, you've made like a 100 creatures. Its just coincedence if one of those things slightly his creature.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2007, 05:14:22 am »
I know what it means, but that's a lot, I gotta make a start somewhere, and I like to use pictures where possible (can't be arsed drawing at the mo...or can I?)