Author Topic: Syntyan  (Read 10803 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Name undecided
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 05:52:39 am »

I can see clearly, that you put a rat creature there for the eyes! (Mice are some kinds of rats, or the other way around, well whatever, they have the same eyes! :P )

Rat creatures are totally different from mice.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 05:55:09 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
Re: Golough
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 05:57:11 am »
Just take my word when I say I designed it. Coincidences happen, sorry if anyone's getting upset about this :-\ :-X

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 07:36:06 pm »
cool creature, slt
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

gec05

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 10:37:10 pm »
I hate it when you do this to people's threads Hydro. Stop being so nit-picky. I don't care if you say, "I only said it resembles it." We've heard that excuse dozens of times so stop it.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 11:19:51 pm »
I hate it when you do this to people's threads Hydro. Stop being so nit-picky. I don't care if you say, "I only said it resembles it." We've heard that excuse dozens of times so stop it.

That's because i mean it dozens of times. No matter if he did it on purpose or subconsciously it still looks like it.

I am constantly doing this and then trying to see if i can think of something else. Its hard to thing of something new. In fact its nearly impossible!

But the reason it looked familiar was because it resembled Zyyo, but i had forgotten about them until he mentioned it so i just grabbed mine since i knew where they were. In short i really should have posted this before rather than mine.

But its not surprising it looked like that becuase he drew the other one.

And I am not doing anything he did not say to me about my creatures in my thread.

...and never give that decapitated Naucean head a Ram Jet Anus.

...oh, that's about the same as what you said :(

gec05

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 11:25:10 pm »
If you're trying to find something new, go watch TV, read books, surf the web. You'll find plenty of inspiration for something original. In truth Hydro, nothing is ever created without having some influence. That's how the creative industry experts make original stuff is by using what's around them, it's no secret.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 11:30:30 pm »
That's the thing? Is taking stuff you know and remaking it a new way making things new?

This website shows some stupid monsters D&D made. Hopefully we can learn something from these.

VERY STUPID MONSTERS
http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article73.htm

Owlepant

*smack head*

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2007, 11:31:58 pm »
cool creature, slt

Thanks man :)

It's ok Hydro, anyway, as I said. If I did ever steal your one of your ideas, be happy, means I'd have loved it that much :)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 11:34:52 pm »
I only get mad if they turn them into Furries :D

*shudders*

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 11:37:52 pm »
I gasped at that, that was horrible :-X *is traumatized*, the drawings absolutely rule, but the concept of a furry Naucean?... :D laughable

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2007, 11:48:08 pm »
Gahgehehah...

Couldn't we have posted that as a link? *shudder*

Anyways, nice creature sltlamina ;D I hope this one sticks long enough for me to do a fan art.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2007, 11:51:01 pm »
Anyways, nice creature sltlamina ;D I hope this one sticks long enough for me to do a fan art.

*Claps wildly* that'd be awesome ;D, I plan on adding some more information...some time *looks at nails and gets a YoYo out* but you know, I'm a very busy person 8)...

...I'm sorry I lied :-[

gec05

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2007, 11:59:58 pm »
That's the thing? Is taking stuff you know and remaking it a new way making things new?

Yup. Also, you must learn to make constant redesigns and tuning. slt has the right idea of changing his old Zyyo or how I redesigned my Sombreron. Never fall in love with old designs and make new ones until it's perfect.

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 12:07:12 am »
Yup :), at first the Zyyo had 6 legs and 2 tails with Graspers, but since then it's drastically changed (well not really that much :))

But it does look a lot different now, in fact I call it a new creature now, the 'Golough' :), and I think that this design is 'poifect'!

gec05

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2007, 12:15:26 am »
From a cartoonists perspective, I wouldn't say it's completely refined just yet. (If I'm being nit-picky too just ignore me.) The body layout and posture is fine, but its presentation is a bit clunky. That kind of detail work can be left to someone else to do.

There are two kinds of cartoonists. One that creates designs from scratch and ones that refine designs from the first guy.