Author Topic: Demos  (Read 23210 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Demos
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2007, 08:18:15 am »
Beautiful Katamari is now out in demo form.

I tried that one last night.

OMG, LadyM is an Xbox newb! Shocking!

Why is that so shocking? I'm a gamecube girl. I haven't played many XBox games. The main one was Oddworld Strangers Wrath.

I got further in the Bioshock demo, I'm not sure it's my kind of game.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2007, 08:48:39 am »
I don't know why it's so shocking... It just is to me.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 12:57:12 pm »
Because we all secretly think LadyM is god?

I know I do.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 01:01:23 pm »
Because we all secretly think LadyM is god?

Think?? What do you mean think??

LadyM, thou who live in Gamingsteve.com give us today the games we need, and forgive us our cheats, 1337 speak and h4x0rz, as we have forgiven them who 1337 spoken to us (well not really). Amen.
@davidramnero

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2007, 01:22:12 pm »
Amen!

Preach it brother!

PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 01:42:54 pm »
Cool, I feel like I just opened the locker in MIB.  8)

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 02:01:23 pm »
Hail M!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2007, 11:03:44 pm »
Prepare the ritual noob sacrifice!

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2007, 01:23:29 am »
The Skate demo is going up tomorrow.  I'm interested in trying it out, since the Tony Hawk series has been getting progressively worse since the third game.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2007, 03:02:29 pm »
Skate. kicks ass!  >:(

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2007, 11:54:31 am »
Has anyone else been playing the Culpcept SAGA demo on 360? I've been having great fun with this one. The game is best described as a combination of Magic the Gathering and Monopoly. I was excited to here that it will also be only $40 when it comes out in February!

The new Burnout Demo should be hitting the 360 and PS3 on Thursday. I'm looking forward to his game sense the last one was a ton of fun.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2008, 07:41:00 pm »
My post got deleted but I'll do it again see. Anyway a demo for The Club should be hitting all you Euro and Aussie kids with 360s today (I think it's already out for PSN). Us americans might have to wait but from what I hear the game sounds interesting. It's a FPS with a combo system and you don't need to shoot everyone. I don't quite get it either but it sounds like SEGA is trying something different so they should get some kudos or some kool-aid at least.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2008, 04:05:41 pm »
My post got deleted but I'll do it again see. Anyway a demo for The Club should be hitting all you Euro and Aussie kids with 360s today (I think it's already out for PSN). Us americans might have to wait but from what I hear the game sounds interesting. It's a FPS with a combo system and you don't need to shoot everyone. I don't quite get it either but it sounds like SEGA is trying something different so they should get some kudos or some kool-aid at least.

My post got b-leted as well so here we go again. Demos are really good but I unfortuantely don't have either a 360 or ps3 for online demos available for a download. But from what I have been hearing this is a jucy topics, any who, anybody play the demo for anything like MGS4 or gta4. And not that this counts or anything ilikesanta you coulda' modified your post instead of double posting. ;)
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline The Dead Herring

• Dragster Diehard
  • Mmmmm grunge...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2008, 03:33:37 am »
I checked out the demo for The Club last night, and it is indisputably the most fun I have had with a game for months, just as the opening cinematic rolled, I knew I would love the game.

The score system is fairly similar to the Kudos system in PGR, except it plays an even larger role in the game play. As soon as you kill the first enemy, you need to rush to get to the next one in order to build a combo. This system is fantastic in that it adds some real time pressure to game and it's great fun to repeat a level over and over again to sustain a combo throughout an entire stage. The game also awards you with points for style and hit location, for example if you do a roll and the instant you finish the move you headshot three enemies in a row, the game will award you with a massive amount of points. Also, I really do mean a massive amount of points, with the potentially enormous multipliers my scores on the demo level were at roughly 3,500,000.

As far as visual design goes, this game has hit the nail on the head. I'm not sure what engine they are using, but what they've achieved can be likened to the awe present in Call Of Duty 4. Running at what seems to be a solid 60 frames a second, the game places huge explosions, tonnes of enemies, beautifully realistic lighting, and great textures all in the frame at once.

The character design is also inspired, although only one is playable in the demo, the demo allows you to flick through and check out their stats and biography. Each character is presented with fantastic detail and personality, only loosely based on familiar stereotypes.

But all this presentation wouldn't be complete without the fantastic sound design, I first played the demo with headphones, and it is perhaps one of the largest reasons I took to the game so quickly. The helpless enemies in the stages hurl, along with bullets, gloriously acted insults at you. Whilst every sound in the game echoes and reverberates through the environment perfectly, allowing you to gauge where enemies are shooting you from, and to feel the bullets brushing against you. Also, no review of this demo would be complete without a comment on the fantastically composed soundtrack. They must have got the guy back who does the music for PGR, because those electro/techno beats could not be more suited to the intensity.

Yeah so it's a fairly good game!

When do you guys in America get to download it?

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2008, 12:24:26 pm »
Wow that was a great write up, thanks! There's been no word yet on the American release yet.  :( After your write up I really need to try this game now.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures