Author Topic: Demos  (Read 23237 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Demos
« on: August 07, 2007, 09:36:42 am »
I've been meaning to start a topic about demos for a while, especially now because xbox 360 seems like it's been getting two demos a week. Any way if you live in the US I highly recommend you download the demo for Eternal Sonata, it so good. The battle system is great, it looks pretty as all hell. It comes out a week before halo 3 here in the US, ahh I'm going to be broke all winter.

In other demo news 360 should be getting a Strangle Hold soon, and I noticed that the new OXM as a demo of Beautiful Katamari so I would expect a demo on live next month.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:53:15 am by ilikesanta »

I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
Re: Demos
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 11:17:48 am »
Ooh, I like the demos.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 08:01:15 pm »
Me too.

Anyone who owns a 360 should download the Ace Combat 6 demo. It's amazing.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 05:51:13 am »
I played the Eternal Sonata demo months ago when it went up on the Japanese market place.  The whole thing was in English.   ;)
I quite liked the game, the graphics are very beautiful, and the battle system is actually fun.  I'd definitely get it over Blue Dragon, but the typical Japanese storyline seemed a little too cliche for me.

And Strangle Hold is surprisingly good.  I wasn't expecting much from it, but it's a lot of fun being able to dive around massive areas and just shoot everything to pieces.  The storyline is very generic, but it's done in a way that it's pretty funny.  My only real problem is that it seems like a very short game, you get the full first level in the demo, and there's only seven in the final game.  Don't think I'd pay full price for it because of that, but maybe when it comes down a little.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 08:01:47 am »
I'm going to rent it. Stranglehold is great.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 12:09:49 pm »
Stranglehold looks like a fun rental.

Of course, Kotaku put up the specs for the PC version, and they are not slack at all!

The Special Edition PS3 version of Stranglehold comes with an HD version of the film "Hard Boiled". An HD film and a game for $70 isn't a bad deal, but, y'know, it's still $70.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 01:31:33 pm »
PS3 version just got delayed! Shocker!  ;D

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 02:18:23 pm »
Stranglehold was a blast to play I had fun with shooting people it different places and watching them react. To bad it will be so short.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 02:23:34 pm »
The PS3 version is only delayed a couple weeks.

The game looks good though.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 03:39:53 pm »
Stranglehold was a blast to play I had fun with shooting people it different places and watching them react. To bad it will be so short.

Shooting people in the balls: Priceless.

I really enjoyed the destructability of it all. If you haven't already, go into the demo, and destroy the fountain at the start. Oh, yeah!

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 06:38:52 pm »
I love demos. I'm one of the few people who buy a game before they get the demo.

Ninti need demos on the Wii. Yes, they have releases of old games that have some relevance to ones coming out soon (mario kart 64, pit's adventure, paper mario - all are brilliant games though...) but propper demos could attract so much more attention. The problem is, many of the nintendo only games at the moment are very... open. One idea, massive gameplay (kind of like spore) as opposed to several ideas, one main gameplay route (half life 2, for example, or 90% of other console's games) so a demo would effectivly be giving away most of the game for free...

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 06:50:08 pm »
Well more controlled games like Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy would work well in demo form. The only problem is that it would be near impossible to squeeze those down into a manageable size that would fit onto the Wii's 512 MB of internal flash storage. And I think most of us have some of that storage taken up with VC, game saves, channels, etc.

What Nintendo should do is offer DS demo's through the Wii. That, and/or release a Wii HDD.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 07:50:51 pm »
Bioshock demo out now. I'm hearing that the Marketplace servers are melting because everyone and there mom are downloading it at the same time. You might have to wait a bit.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
Re: Demos - BIOSHOCK!!! Get it now
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 07:52:44 pm »
Pinch me I'm dreaming! Naw, I going to download tommorow morning. Or maybe tonight... Mmm...

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
Re: Demos - BIOSHOCK!!! Get it now
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 08:19:50 pm »
I'm seriously pissed about the demo for the Xbox being out but not the PC version.