Author Topic: First Contact- Tropians of Telosia  (Read 9671 times)

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
Re: First Contact- Tropians of Telosia
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 06:33:24 pm »
"What were thinking about us?" the leader asked, his head bent at an awkward angle, almost as though his neck were broken. "It is obvious your thoughts to your partener concerned us."
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 06:42:09 pm »
"We were discussing your technological advancement." Chi said truthfully.

From behind the pair, the door opened and Iota walked in, arms full of various tools. He walked past the guards and over to a lift, stepping off on the upper catwalk several meters above the Tropians' heads. There were some whirring and clanking sounds as he went to work on the engine coolant system.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 07:04:03 pm »
The leader made a symbol with the fingers on his left middle hand, and the nearest commando used its long fingers to hoist itself onto the platform and observe the work.

"And just how do we fare, technologically?" said the leader.
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2007, 10:12:48 pm »
While Chi kept his mechanicly enhanced eyes on the commando, Rho explained, "Less advanced than us, but more than a lot we've seen."

Meanwhile, Iota did his best to work effectively. He allways got nervous when someone was watching him work, but he hid it well. He replaced the last bit of tubing, gathered the ruptured ones, and closed the panel, checking along the displays of the next few before finding the next breach. He opened it up and repeated the process of replacing tubing.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 11:10:50 am »
"Good," the leader replied at Rho's statement. The commando who had been watching Iota hopped down, and began to converse with the leader in incomprehensibly fast sign language. "You seem nervous," the commando said, pulling himself back onto the platform.
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 07:06:37 pm »
"I am, a little bit." Iota admitted. "I'm like that around new people, especially when I'm working."

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 09:03:01 pm »
"Well then, let me help you," said the commando. Unfortunately for Iota, this one was quite the bully. He picked up everything on the platform (other than Iota himself) and, using his upper two sets of arms, juggled it around, while he stood on the tips of his lower fingers, so as to elevate himself above Iota.

"This isn't helping, is it?" he asked, as he bagan to randomly insert some of the objects into the open pipe, while dropping others to the ground. He was still juggling a few.

Then, hearing the disturbance, the commando's higher officer (not the leader) clambered onto the platform. Securly latching onto the commando's mid-left arm with his mouth, he swung the Tropian to the floor. In his middle fingers, he revealed the dropped tools. He then began fishing the others out of the pipe, saying, "You'll have to excuse him."

The sound of the other Tropians tearing into his flesh was audible from the platform. His huating screams rent the air. Soon a meatless skeleton lay on the floor, partially covered in chewed armor. No one disobeyed the leader.
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2007, 09:28:08 pm »
A small shudder passed through Iota as he tried to ignore the gory display by finishing his work. He snapped the last tube in place, sealed the panel, and left with his tools and the ruptured hose. As he slid by the guards, he noticed that niether had even flinched.

Tau was waiting just inside the main ship. "What was that!?"

"Ummm... we have one less guest aboard..." he answered.

"Oh... I need to go recalibrate the piloting controls." She said before hurrying off to the bridge.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 11:53:48 am »
A rasping noise crossed the cargo bay door. It must be the commando's replacement that their commander had sent for.

The leader looked up from his grim meal at Rho. "We saved you and your companion some, warrior." He picked up a meaty thigh and tried to push it on Rho, splattering blood on his armor. "also, please unlock these gates. The replacement needs to be let in."

The leader slowly sat down, and, quite dubiously, tried to shove his fingers through the hull of the ship. "I forget sometimes... We are not on the ground. I'll wait to absorb my water. How much longer will your father take?"
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2007, 04:37:09 pm »
As Rho sampled the meat, Chi walked to the door controls, opening the rear with a hiss. He then called for some water and food to be sent down to the bay.

"I checked, we should be ready for launch within the hour." said Chi.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 02:06:18 pm »
"The meat is good, isn't it?" the leader said, to Rho as he pushed some on Chi, muttering something about not taking it being offensive.

The new commmando walked through the hatch, and was breifed by the commander.

The rest of the hour passed uneventfully... {{I don't really think that is power playing, I just want to get to the good part ;) Shall we assume Chi decides to eat the meat and avoid war?}}
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 04:57:57 pm »
((Sure. We can also assume that they sent down some water for the Tropians))

Delta entered the cargo hold. "We're going to be taking off now. It'll be a bit rough at first, but things should smooth out."

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2007, 07:18:15 pm »
"Yes," said the leader, offering some meat to Delta. "Soon we shall join the cosmos again. Troops, I expect you to be on your best behavior."
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2007, 08:39:03 pm »
((Sorry about the wait, I was away for the weekend))

A shudder passed through the ship as her engines fired up, lifting her up into the atmosphere. This smoothed out as they entered orbit, just as Delta had said.

"Well... there we are. Is there anything else? Anywhere in particular you'd like to go? To see?"

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 03:19:08 pm »
"Yes... In honor of your aid to us, we offer you a ceremonial feast," said the leader, who pointed to the two lowest ranked commandos. They promptly fell to the floor, bleeding near their throats. Suicide. "All your crew must feast! Ecept the engineers, they are too lowly to accept such a gift."
I say NO! to all limits.