Author Topic: First Contact- Tropians of Telosia  (Read 9857 times)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: First Contact- Tropians of Telosia
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 10:48:11 pm »
"Gahadahahyah..." Delta shuddered. "Forget it. Operate the craft by remote control if you have to. These guys want something..."

Shaking the thought out of his mind the group exited the conference room and headed for the cargo bay. The hovercraft was activated, but instead of transferring the AI inside, one of the nine, Nu, connected cyberneticly and wirelessly into the craft.

"You allright, Nu? You look a bit shaken." Sigma asked.

"The craft is damaged a bit, but I'm okay." her voice spilled out from the craft's speakers, while her body lay motionless in the loading crane control chair.

"Remember, Nu, you need to disconnect if anything happens."

"Right. You ready Delta?"

"One second..." he said as he set up the holorecorder in front of him. "Okay... now."

The cargo bay doors opened, and Nu maneuvered the craft outside, seeing the swamp through it's sensors. She pulled the craft up to the side of the ship where the skeleton was last spotted. The hologram flicked on, and Delta started his message.

"Um... hello?"

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 11:21:43 pm »
The Tropian leader made his grand entrance. Covered in rare metals and stones, carried on a chair by servants, he called, "Greetings, servant of the great cosmic demon! We will not harm you. We merely wish to travel the stars. And we will, by any means neccesary..." As he spoke, twin tongues wound their way out of his mouth and liicked his huge fangs, a sign of excitement and anticipation.
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 11:32:44 pm »
"~They want to get into space. What now?~" Delta asked quietly in his native toungue.

"~I say let them into the cargo bay. How do they look, Nu?~" Sigma asked.

"~Fierce, exravagant, highly regarded leader.~" her body mumbled.

"~Oh, boy. Lead them in, but wait a second for us to evacuate.~"

"~Right~" Both Delta and Nu responded.

"We will allow you to come with us, but we need to fix some things first." The holographic Delta stated as the Lagat carried Nu and the holorecorder out of the cargo bay.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 12:12:33 am »
"What is this?!" gasped the leader, gawking at te hologram. "What technology allows these feats? What do you mean by 'we?' There is only one of you, demon, is there not? Was it your technology that allowed you to be reborn after we slew you long ago? Why is this birth pod so different from your last one? We still have the original, you know."
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 12:29:03 am »
"~Great... Okay, who want's to play god?~" Delta asked his comrades as he stepped out of the cargo bay.

"~Oooh me! Memememememe!!!~"

"~Someone besides Tau.~"

"~You~" Nu's limp body whispered.

"~Aye, sir. They've seen you and think you to be their god allready. Hate to be confusin' them so.~" Iota explained.

"~Oh, fine...~ I can not allow you to learn the secrets of our technology, and by 'we' I mean that I have chosen a mate in the time since I was last reborn..."

Lambda was making the Lagat equivalent of a "cut" gesture, but Delta continued.

"There are many of us, all subordinates to me. I returned because I wanted to stay here longer, and my subordinates helped me to be reborn..."

The entire troop was groaning and forehead slapping as Delta continued to weave the lie.

"I have chosen a different birth pod for my own reasons. Now come, and I will take you to the stars."

The holographic Delta made a sweeping gesture as Nu floated the craft around the ship to the open cargo doors.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 12:37:52 am »
"So if we killed you, you would be reborn again?!" the leaader said, motioning for several of his commandos to accompany him aboard the vessel. Armed and armored to the teeth and bone respectively, these were the best the Tropian military could offer. The demonic technology would be unraveled, even if it meant torturing the 'demon' and his supposed offspring.

The leader's fangs filled with toxins, a Tropian reflex. If things got dangerous, he and his underlings would have a nice snack at the very least...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 12:49:09 am »
"~You know, we were making those motions for a reason~" Sigma told Delta.

"~Oh what a tangled web we weave...~" started Tau.

"~What?~" Delta asked.

"~I dunno. I had something going there, but I lost it.~" sighed Tau.

"~Whatever.~ Yes... but doing so would allow my subordinates to kill you." Delta said as he motioned for the armor-clad Rho and Chi to follow him into the bay. He walked in, the hologram switched off, and the hovercraft shut down, Nu's conciousness returned to her body.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 06:12:59 pm »
The leader and his commandos prepared to enter the vessel. "Remember, if anything happens I am the first priority. Do not hesitate to eat them live. It shall only serve as better punishment for attack. But leave one alive... We shall use that one to reenter the cosmos."

"Yes sir!" the six barked.

The boarding commenced...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 06:19:45 pm »
The guards Rho and Chi appeared to be completely relaxed, but in reality, their extensive cybernetic enhancements kept them on a hair-trigger, ready to react instantly if the situation got out of control. Meanwhile, Delta was doing his best to seem as calm as possible while watching them board.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 07:05:30 pm »
The predators halted in the cargo bay. The leader looked around, eagerly taking in the sights; the commando's amazement wasn't as obvious.They awaited the demon's explanation...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 07:13:45 pm »
"We need to fix a few things before we leave, so untill then, direct any and all questions you may have to these two." Delta said as he motioned to his guards, then quietly slipped back into the door.

"~What needs to be repaired?~" he asked the others.

"~Shielding, engines, AI, computer interface, sensors, life support, and power supply.~" Sigma listed.

"~About how much of that is absolutely neccicary to repair before we take off?~"

"~Engines, Computer interface, life support, and power.~"

"~Focus your efforts on those systems. We'll fix the rest on the way out of here.~"

"~Right!~" The group answered in chorus as they moved off to begin the repairs.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 08:42:17 pm »
"Please relinquish your weapon to Vaverleav," the leader said, motioning from one of the guards to the captain of his commando force. "I'm sure he would like to inspect it."
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 09:23:47 pm »
Nice try. thought Rho. He'd had that trick pulled on him before, and it had cost him nearly half his squad. He then got a message from Chi's combat implant, telling him that the armor they were wearing was immune to all Lagat weapons. Giving the Lagat version of a wink at his partner, he handed his gun over anyway, but kept his hand trained to grab his hold-out pistol if things turned nasty.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 10:22:48 pm »
The command leader mumbled as he inspected the weapon, then handed it back to its owner.

"Report, captain?" the leader asked.
"Their weaponry is extremely advanced. They seem to have moved past projectiles. We stand no chance in a direct fight."

But that was all just talk... Language with another meaning...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 10:51:26 pm »
Hey, that could have gotten much worse. Chi thought to his partner.
No? Realy? Rho thought as he took his weapon back.
Do you think they understand the concept of energised and magneticly propelled packets of plasma?
*sigh* No, they've allready evolved past that...