Author Topic: First Contact- Tropians of Telosia  (Read 9861 times)

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
First Contact- Tropians of Telosia
« on: August 06, 2007, 07:50:19 pm »
 From afar, Telosia seems so beautiful, so Earth-like. But the beauty is only atmosphere-deep. Deadly animals and sapient-eating plants cover the world, waiting to devour anything smaller than themselves.

The only obvious tie to civilization this dangerous planet has is a lone metal cube, put there by a sympathetic race warning all travels with a message: "Do not land on this planet! It has been given 'Dangerous' status by governmnts across the galaxy. Many injuries and fatalities have occured here. Survivors will be fined. Again: This planet is extremely dangerous and should not be landed on!"

Upon farther exploration, the bravest of frontiersmen would notice that a large amount of this deadly planet is covered in everglades. It is here that the most deadly of predators has become sapient, and it is here that they will be meant, and convinced to either destroy or protect.

It is here where our story begins...

I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
Re: First Contact- Tropians of Telosia
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 08:51:32 pm »
((Awesome! WHen do we start?))
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 09:04:36 pm »
{{Now.}}
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 09:06:11 pm »
((Cool! So we just post a bio?))

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 09:08:23 pm »
((*Rolls 20-sided die*

Here we go...))

As the rogue group of Lagat fled from Thean space, their pursuers fired madly at the excaping ship. Although they excaped destruction, the shuttle was badly damaged, needing to land for repairs. The only planet in sight was marked as dangerous, but the Lagat had no choice and landed with a crash on the swampy ground...

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 09:16:26 pm »
(( Could I join in as a Lagat?))

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 09:19:11 pm »
((Sure. The fact that they're rogues means you don't have to stick to the obedient, logical, robotic personality of a normal Lagat.))

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 08:34:35 pm »
{{ ;DIt seems I forgot to explain the game... Just post a bio of your character, then I'll leave the 'explorers' to do decide how they end up on the planet; I suggest being criminals on the lam, but it's just a thought. However, you conveniently touch down near a Tropian city, and interaction begins. Simple enough.}}
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 12:03:37 am »
((Technicly they are on the lam... and criminals... but, oh, screw technicalities!

Name: Nihlmono Delta
Race: Lagat
Profession: Formerly a factory worker, now leader of the group.
Bio: One of the nine Lagat that either "liberated their minds from the Thean machine" or "rebelled against order", depending on your view. Gathering the others they quickly left Thean space, never to return. Although he is somewhat paranoid, he has led the group effectively so far...))

As Delta peered through the viewscreen at the front of the craft at the thick, swampy terrain, his partner walked up behind him.

"We have to go outside at some point... most of the damage was external." she said.
"I know, Lambda. There's a ton of stuff living in this swamp, and we can't loose anyone... it's just too risky untill we know what we're dealing with."
"I hope we find out soon... this humidity is murder for my occular implant..."

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 08:03:54 pm »
A tropian wandered up to the craft, the scout of his nearby city. Moving stealthily, he noticed the Lagat in the window.

"It can't be... That demon traveled here and was slain long ago... His skeleton hangs in the Home... He must be very powerful to come back to life... But he was slain so easily... I must report this..."

Later, more Tropians came. Bringing with them the Lagat skeleton, they approached the craft, fearless as always.
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 08:54:35 pm »
"Oh, great, what's that?" Delta asked as the sensors picked up movement. "Sigma? What's the status on the sensors? Can we get infrared?"

"Not without draining from life support, I'm afraid. I could do it, but we can't keep them on all night." came the answer.

"It's okay, we just need a peek."

There was a grunt of acnowlagement as the lights dimmed and the sensors began picking up the surrounding heat. Delta saw several forms on the display before it errupted in a shower of sparks. The lights returned to normal and he tried to retreve the data from the computer's memory banks, when he got a message from Sigma.

"I don't think you'd like to be doing that, Delta. The interface is still being rebuilt and it could go buggy on you at any moment. Why don't you take a break to recharge while I fix her up?" the engineer said

"One last thing, Sigma. There's definately something out there, and I don't feel safe with them around. Can we flash the landing lights a few times to scare them off?"

"I don't see why not. Hold on here a sec..." there was some grunting and whirring on the other end, then suddenly a blaring honking noise came in from outside. The swamp was flooded with light for a few seconds, then blackened, then relit again in a spectacular light show. Then things were silent and darkness returned.

"Thanks, Sigma." Delta said as he made his way to his quarters.

"No problems."

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 08:02:11 am »
((Well, I'll join! Sound's like fun!))

Name: Baorine Edenshire
Race: Bard
Profession: Xeno-Biologist and Explorer for the Bardic Republic
Bio: Finally off his expedition to the planet Prae, he has gone to seek his fortune on the far reaches of Bardic space.

*CRASH*
Baorine: What in The Song's name was that!?
Bardic Engineer: Sorry 'bout the noise, cap'n, but it looks as if we've taken a hit starboard-up- perhaps some debris?
Baorine: Anything damaged?
BE: Let me check (Powering up system check) ah, yes, we have damage to the Interstellar Radio, and an minor leak in the sonar reactor.
Baorine: Damnit! Sound's like we've got to take the bird down. Tell the boy's up front, will ya?

The B.I.S.C Songbird began it's descent towards the closest habitable planet- Telosia.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 09:47:50 pm »
{{Mae, does your ship crash convieniently near the Lagat ship, or will I be RP'ing two different cities?}}

The light show had not stunned the Tropians; records said the 'demon' had tried a simialar tactic before. His vehicle, which, as the 'demon' had been 'reborn,' was assumed to be a birthing pod of some sort (Tropians keep infants in pods until they develop), though the design was drastically different from the previous visit.

The Tropian scout began approaching the object. His fingers wrapped around he 'demon' skeleton, he scuttled up and pressed the skeleton to each window, showing the 'demon' they remembered him.

But the plan was different now; istead of simply slaying the 'demon,' they might try to make peace with it. If his vessel came from the stars, it may be able to carry them there...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 10:13:46 pm »
"Holy..." Sigma gasped as he saw the cyberneticly enhanced skull through the window. "Why in Alknin's name must everyone hate us? First the Soinak, then the Theans, then these guys..."

Instruments clattered to the floor as his assistant, Iota, spotted the grim display. "Ohhh... Delta's not going to be happy..."

Sigma sighed, "Well, look at the slightly brighter side. We finally found out what happened to that scouting party..."

In the dimly lit conference room, the nine Lagat plotted their next move...

"So they've killed a Lagat before?" Delta asked.

"Not neccicarily, sir. They could have even worshiped the party, which was eventually killed by the native wildlife." Iota corrected.

"Either way, they were waving that skeleton around like it was something important." Sigma added.

"I say we send out the AI. Do we still have that hovercraft?" suggested Lambda.

"Yes, but... the AI is malfunctioning." Sigma stated.

"Just tell it to go out and relay my message via a holoprojector." said Lambda.

"I will, sir, but rebuilding the AI to that level will take a bit." Sigma said in a low voice.

"Don't worry... It's not like we're going anywhere." sighed Delta.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 10:27:59 pm »
 The Tropians were becoming impatient. They knew the 'demon' was in there. Who else could have flashed the lights? All Tropians knew artificial constructs intelligent enough to do that were impossible... The scout began banging the 'demon' skull on the ship, egging the 'reborn' 'demon' out.

The leader sat back in the bush, waiting to make a grand entrance and hopefully impress the 'demon.' This vehicle could obviously travel the cosmos. They may soon hunt again...

Tropians beleived they were once powerful demons, roaming the stars and hunting a herd of tynaig (a common prey item), but because they eventually hunted the cosmic animals to extinction, they were stripped of their power by a great deity and put on Telosia, if only to plot their escape...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2007, 10:48:11 pm »
"Gahadahahyah..." Delta shuddered. "Forget it. Operate the craft by remote control if you have to. These guys want something..."

Shaking the thought out of his mind the group exited the conference room and headed for the cargo bay. The hovercraft was activated, but instead of transferring the AI inside, one of the nine, Nu, connected cyberneticly and wirelessly into the craft.

"You allright, Nu? You look a bit shaken." Sigma asked.

"The craft is damaged a bit, but I'm okay." her voice spilled out from the craft's speakers, while her body lay motionless in the loading crane control chair.

"Remember, Nu, you need to disconnect if anything happens."

"Right. You ready Delta?"

"One second..." he said as he set up the holorecorder in front of him. "Okay... now."

The cargo bay doors opened, and Nu maneuvered the craft outside, seeing the swamp through it's sensors. She pulled the craft up to the side of the ship where the skeleton was last spotted. The hologram flicked on, and Delta started his message.

"Um... hello?"

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 11:21:43 pm »
The Tropian leader made his grand entrance. Covered in rare metals and stones, carried on a chair by servants, he called, "Greetings, servant of the great cosmic demon! We will not harm you. We merely wish to travel the stars. And we will, by any means neccesary..." As he spoke, twin tongues wound their way out of his mouth and liicked his huge fangs, a sign of excitement and anticipation.
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2007, 11:32:44 pm »
"~They want to get into space. What now?~" Delta asked quietly in his native toungue.

"~I say let them into the cargo bay. How do they look, Nu?~" Sigma asked.

"~Fierce, exravagant, highly regarded leader.~" her body mumbled.

"~Oh, boy. Lead them in, but wait a second for us to evacuate.~"

"~Right~" Both Delta and Nu responded.

"We will allow you to come with us, but we need to fix some things first." The holographic Delta stated as the Lagat carried Nu and the holorecorder out of the cargo bay.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 12:12:33 am »
"What is this?!" gasped the leader, gawking at te hologram. "What technology allows these feats? What do you mean by 'we?' There is only one of you, demon, is there not? Was it your technology that allowed you to be reborn after we slew you long ago? Why is this birth pod so different from your last one? We still have the original, you know."
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2007, 12:29:03 am »
"~Great... Okay, who want's to play god?~" Delta asked his comrades as he stepped out of the cargo bay.

"~Oooh me! Memememememe!!!~"

"~Someone besides Tau.~"

"~You~" Nu's limp body whispered.

"~Aye, sir. They've seen you and think you to be their god allready. Hate to be confusin' them so.~" Iota explained.

"~Oh, fine...~ I can not allow you to learn the secrets of our technology, and by 'we' I mean that I have chosen a mate in the time since I was last reborn..."

Lambda was making the Lagat equivalent of a "cut" gesture, but Delta continued.

"There are many of us, all subordinates to me. I returned because I wanted to stay here longer, and my subordinates helped me to be reborn..."

The entire troop was groaning and forehead slapping as Delta continued to weave the lie.

"I have chosen a different birth pod for my own reasons. Now come, and I will take you to the stars."

The holographic Delta made a sweeping gesture as Nu floated the craft around the ship to the open cargo doors.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2007, 12:37:52 am »
"So if we killed you, you would be reborn again?!" the leaader said, motioning for several of his commandos to accompany him aboard the vessel. Armed and armored to the teeth and bone respectively, these were the best the Tropian military could offer. The demonic technology would be unraveled, even if it meant torturing the 'demon' and his supposed offspring.

The leader's fangs filled with toxins, a Tropian reflex. If things got dangerous, he and his underlings would have a nice snack at the very least...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2007, 12:49:09 am »
"~You know, we were making those motions for a reason~" Sigma told Delta.

"~Oh what a tangled web we weave...~" started Tau.

"~What?~" Delta asked.

"~I dunno. I had something going there, but I lost it.~" sighed Tau.

"~Whatever.~ Yes... but doing so would allow my subordinates to kill you." Delta said as he motioned for the armor-clad Rho and Chi to follow him into the bay. He walked in, the hologram switched off, and the hovercraft shut down, Nu's conciousness returned to her body.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2007, 06:12:59 pm »
The leader and his commandos prepared to enter the vessel. "Remember, if anything happens I am the first priority. Do not hesitate to eat them live. It shall only serve as better punishment for attack. But leave one alive... We shall use that one to reenter the cosmos."

"Yes sir!" the six barked.

The boarding commenced...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2007, 06:19:45 pm »
The guards Rho and Chi appeared to be completely relaxed, but in reality, their extensive cybernetic enhancements kept them on a hair-trigger, ready to react instantly if the situation got out of control. Meanwhile, Delta was doing his best to seem as calm as possible while watching them board.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2007, 07:05:30 pm »
The predators halted in the cargo bay. The leader looked around, eagerly taking in the sights; the commando's amazement wasn't as obvious.They awaited the demon's explanation...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2007, 07:13:45 pm »
"We need to fix a few things before we leave, so untill then, direct any and all questions you may have to these two." Delta said as he motioned to his guards, then quietly slipped back into the door.

"~What needs to be repaired?~" he asked the others.

"~Shielding, engines, AI, computer interface, sensors, life support, and power supply.~" Sigma listed.

"~About how much of that is absolutely neccicary to repair before we take off?~"

"~Engines, Computer interface, life support, and power.~"

"~Focus your efforts on those systems. We'll fix the rest on the way out of here.~"

"~Right!~" The group answered in chorus as they moved off to begin the repairs.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2007, 08:42:17 pm »
"Please relinquish your weapon to Vaverleav," the leader said, motioning from one of the guards to the captain of his commando force. "I'm sure he would like to inspect it."
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2007, 09:23:47 pm »
Nice try. thought Rho. He'd had that trick pulled on him before, and it had cost him nearly half his squad. He then got a message from Chi's combat implant, telling him that the armor they were wearing was immune to all Lagat weapons. Giving the Lagat version of a wink at his partner, he handed his gun over anyway, but kept his hand trained to grab his hold-out pistol if things turned nasty.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2007, 10:22:48 pm »
The command leader mumbled as he inspected the weapon, then handed it back to its owner.

"Report, captain?" the leader asked.
"Their weaponry is extremely advanced. They seem to have moved past projectiles. We stand no chance in a direct fight."

But that was all just talk... Language with another meaning...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2007, 10:51:26 pm »
Hey, that could have gotten much worse. Chi thought to his partner.
No? Realy? Rho thought as he took his weapon back.
Do you think they understand the concept of energised and magneticly propelled packets of plasma?
*sigh* No, they've allready evolved past that...

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 06:33:24 pm »
"What were thinking about us?" the leader asked, his head bent at an awkward angle, almost as though his neck were broken. "It is obvious your thoughts to your partener concerned us."
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 06:42:09 pm »
"We were discussing your technological advancement." Chi said truthfully.

From behind the pair, the door opened and Iota walked in, arms full of various tools. He walked past the guards and over to a lift, stepping off on the upper catwalk several meters above the Tropians' heads. There were some whirring and clanking sounds as he went to work on the engine coolant system.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 07:04:03 pm »
The leader made a symbol with the fingers on his left middle hand, and the nearest commando used its long fingers to hoist itself onto the platform and observe the work.

"And just how do we fare, technologically?" said the leader.
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2007, 10:12:48 pm »
While Chi kept his mechanicly enhanced eyes on the commando, Rho explained, "Less advanced than us, but more than a lot we've seen."

Meanwhile, Iota did his best to work effectively. He allways got nervous when someone was watching him work, but he hid it well. He replaced the last bit of tubing, gathered the ruptured ones, and closed the panel, checking along the displays of the next few before finding the next breach. He opened it up and repeated the process of replacing tubing.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 11:10:50 am »
"Good," the leader replied at Rho's statement. The commando who had been watching Iota hopped down, and began to converse with the leader in incomprehensibly fast sign language. "You seem nervous," the commando said, pulling himself back onto the platform.
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 07:06:37 pm »
"I am, a little bit." Iota admitted. "I'm like that around new people, especially when I'm working."

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 09:03:01 pm »
"Well then, let me help you," said the commando. Unfortunately for Iota, this one was quite the bully. He picked up everything on the platform (other than Iota himself) and, using his upper two sets of arms, juggled it around, while he stood on the tips of his lower fingers, so as to elevate himself above Iota.

"This isn't helping, is it?" he asked, as he bagan to randomly insert some of the objects into the open pipe, while dropping others to the ground. He was still juggling a few.

Then, hearing the disturbance, the commando's higher officer (not the leader) clambered onto the platform. Securly latching onto the commando's mid-left arm with his mouth, he swung the Tropian to the floor. In his middle fingers, he revealed the dropped tools. He then began fishing the others out of the pipe, saying, "You'll have to excuse him."

The sound of the other Tropians tearing into his flesh was audible from the platform. His huating screams rent the air. Soon a meatless skeleton lay on the floor, partially covered in chewed armor. No one disobeyed the leader.
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2007, 09:28:08 pm »
A small shudder passed through Iota as he tried to ignore the gory display by finishing his work. He snapped the last tube in place, sealed the panel, and left with his tools and the ruptured hose. As he slid by the guards, he noticed that niether had even flinched.

Tau was waiting just inside the main ship. "What was that!?"

"Ummm... we have one less guest aboard..." he answered.

"Oh... I need to go recalibrate the piloting controls." She said before hurrying off to the bridge.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 11:53:48 am »
A rasping noise crossed the cargo bay door. It must be the commando's replacement that their commander had sent for.

The leader looked up from his grim meal at Rho. "We saved you and your companion some, warrior." He picked up a meaty thigh and tried to push it on Rho, splattering blood on his armor. "also, please unlock these gates. The replacement needs to be let in."

The leader slowly sat down, and, quite dubiously, tried to shove his fingers through the hull of the ship. "I forget sometimes... We are not on the ground. I'll wait to absorb my water. How much longer will your father take?"
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2007, 04:37:09 pm »
As Rho sampled the meat, Chi walked to the door controls, opening the rear with a hiss. He then called for some water and food to be sent down to the bay.

"I checked, we should be ready for launch within the hour." said Chi.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2007, 02:06:18 pm »
"The meat is good, isn't it?" the leader said, to Rho as he pushed some on Chi, muttering something about not taking it being offensive.

The new commmando walked through the hatch, and was breifed by the commander.

The rest of the hour passed uneventfully... {{I don't really think that is power playing, I just want to get to the good part ;) Shall we assume Chi decides to eat the meat and avoid war?}}
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2007, 04:57:57 pm »
((Sure. We can also assume that they sent down some water for the Tropians))

Delta entered the cargo hold. "We're going to be taking off now. It'll be a bit rough at first, but things should smooth out."

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2007, 07:18:15 pm »
"Yes," said the leader, offering some meat to Delta. "Soon we shall join the cosmos again. Troops, I expect you to be on your best behavior."
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2007, 08:39:03 pm »
((Sorry about the wait, I was away for the weekend))

A shudder passed through the ship as her engines fired up, lifting her up into the atmosphere. This smoothed out as they entered orbit, just as Delta had said.

"Well... there we are. Is there anything else? Anywhere in particular you'd like to go? To see?"

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2007, 03:19:08 pm »
"Yes... In honor of your aid to us, we offer you a ceremonial feast," said the leader, who pointed to the two lowest ranked commandos. They promptly fell to the floor, bleeding near their throats. Suicide. "All your crew must feast! Ecept the engineers, they are too lowly to accept such a gift."
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2007, 07:54:31 pm »
((Just to sort things out for future reference....

Crew manifest
1 Leader  Delta
1 first mate  Lambda
2 guards/security  Rho and Chi
2 pilots   Tau and Nu
2 engineers  Sigma and Iota
1 Doctor   Eta))

"~Thank Alknin we're carnivores...~" Delta muttered to himself. "Yes. I'll go get them; the pilots, the healer, and my second in command." he said as he left the room.

"~Allright. Tau, Nu... we have a offering from our friends in the cargo hold. I hope you two are hungry.~" Delta motioned towards the door. "~Lambda, find Eta and tell him the same.~" At their worried looks he added, "~Don't be squeamish. Rho said it was pretty good meat.~"

The three nodded and moved off to their respective tasks. Soon, all but Sigma and Iota stood in the cargo bay, taking their first, hesitant bites of the flesh.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2007, 06:32:34 pm »
"Yes, eat it all up," said the leader, he and the commandos watching. "It would be quite selfish if we ate alongside you; we are your guests, after all!"
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2007, 02:12:42 am »
((Sorry about the wait again...))

The group finished the meal quickly, having realised that the meat wasn't all that bad. They just had to not think about it's source...

"There are a number of planets nearby, many of them uninhabited yet hospitable. If you want, we could set you down on the one of your choice." Delta informed the Tropians after he'd finished.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2007, 07:29:10 pm »
"Bah, we have no interest in these planets, fools! The meat you consumed was poisoned! Soon you shall be lying on the floor, unable to move! But you will still be able to see, and hear, and, of course, feel pain." The commandos jumped to restrain the technical crew as the leader cackled.

{{Disregard the next paragraph if the Lagat cannot be poisoned or something...}}

As the Lagat crew fell to the floor in paralysis, the leader walked up to the one who had inhabited the hovercraft earlier. "Ahhh... This one smells like a female... Perhaps she would make an excellent bargaining chip. Techinical crew members, land this ship back on Telosia. Gently. No harm shall come to you or your crew mates if you oblige."
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2007, 08:03:58 pm »
((They can, but they'll be back up on their feet sooner than a typical organism. Rho and Chi are still able to mentally converse, and Nu can still interact with the computer.))

"~Oh... sweet... Alknin...~" muttered Iota when he reasised what happened.

"We thought you wanted to get off the planet. Why do you want to go back?" asked Sigma.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2007, 07:38:25 pm »
{{As Admiral Ackbar would say while advertising his cereal, "It's a trap!"}}

"We don't want to rely on you to ferry us to and fro! As soon as we touch down, tech crews will be waiting to dissect and reverse engineer this craft. And your engineers will help us. But as I said, no harm will come to you if you cooperate."

Pausing there, the leader sighed. "Everything you know of us is a lie. We never considered you gods. It has all been a clever ruse to lead you on."
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2007, 09:01:46 pm »
As the worried engineers agreed to the terms, Rho and Chi were metally planning.

Rho: ~Damn, they're good...~
Chi: ~Aye. Can you get to Nu?~
~I'm trying~
~Tell her to set the ship to three hour self-destruct~
~You think that will be long enough?~
~I sure hope so. The Sanction could be in deep water if they get a hold of our tech.~
~You're cared about the Sanction, why?~
~Let's face it. No Sanction means nothing keeping the Soinak in. It also means no Lagat, you dumb hota!~

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2007, 05:07:39 pm »
"By the time we touch down..." the leader mused. "I shall be a hero! I shall go down in history as the Herald of the Cosmos. Every engineer on the planet will be waiting for us, ready to inspect your ship from top to bottom. Ready to dissassemble it. And we'll house every little bolt and screw miles from the next, just to make sure you haven't planned any tricks. Oh yes, theres still the matter of your fates..." At this the leader smiled his toothy grin.

"As soon as we've built our own ships, we'll send you off on the maiden voyage. Just to make sure there are no problems, we'll send you one at a time. Why have one test subject when we have several? And I'm sure your DNA will be of interest to future generations.

"But as I said, you'll have all the best accomadations. Worshipped as religous icons, you will be waited on hand and foot, until you gracioiusly volunteer to test out our newest vehicles."

The leader stared at Nu. "And yet I have a strange feeling about this one. You wouldn't happen to have any private chambers for me and the female, would you? I can't wait until she regains control!"

{{I would never seriously condone this, but the Tropians are pure evil...}}
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2007, 09:27:45 pm »
Sigma: "I'd suppose the most *cough* secure place would be the captain's quarters... You take them, Iota. You have the security code."
Iota: "*cough* Right."

Meanwhile, things were being set...

~Nu, I want you to set the ship to manual self destruct. If things don't get under control by the time we touch down, we're going to blow this thing to High Alyzo.~
~I hear and understand.~
~And be prepaired to take control of the security turret in the room.~
~Confirmed. Don't worry, Rho. I've got the whole ship on my side~
~Here's hoping that's enough.~

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2007, 06:34:25 pm »
"Hah!" laughed the leader, who slapped Iota to the floor. "Do you think I am a fool? Any captain's quarters is full of traps; perhaps poison gas, projectiles, maybe even burning floors. And now you think I'm paranoid? Mad, even? I had to be paranoid! How do you think I became the leader? I ate my predeccesor alive!"

The leader made some signs with his hands and the commandos moved to restrain the Lagat, forcing them to the ceiling with their fingers and holding down their limbs.
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2007, 09:25:17 pm »
Iota immediately paniced "Sweet Alknin, I don't know! The bridge, the conference room, the medical bay, I don't know!"

Rho: ~Little do they know that every last room has at least one hidden turret.~
Chi: ~They do? Then why not go commando here?~
Rho: ~Simple; Nu is unprotected. If she was able to seal herself in a room, then we could go commando.~

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2007, 01:37:05 pm »
The leader lifted the incapacitated Nu up off the floor. Flaunting his prize, he looked out the veiwport. Telosia was fast approaching. It would be mere minutes before they touched down. Crews were standing by to dissassemble the ship immediately...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2007, 06:59:40 pm »
((And away for the weekend again...))

As the planet grew larger in the viewport, a large, anti-matter/matter collider was armed, it's injection servos warming up for the comming action. Rho and Chi had regained movement in their limbs, but remained limp to take advantage of their situation....