Author Topic: First Contact- Tropians of Telosia  (Read 9651 times)

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
First Contact- Tropians of Telosia
« on: August 06, 2007, 07:50:19 pm »
 From afar, Telosia seems so beautiful, so Earth-like. But the beauty is only atmosphere-deep. Deadly animals and sapient-eating plants cover the world, waiting to devour anything smaller than themselves.

The only obvious tie to civilization this dangerous planet has is a lone metal cube, put there by a sympathetic race warning all travels with a message: "Do not land on this planet! It has been given 'Dangerous' status by governmnts across the galaxy. Many injuries and fatalities have occured here. Survivors will be fined. Again: This planet is extremely dangerous and should not be landed on!"

Upon farther exploration, the bravest of frontiersmen would notice that a large amount of this deadly planet is covered in everglades. It is here that the most deadly of predators has become sapient, and it is here that they will be meant, and convinced to either destroy or protect.

It is here where our story begins...

I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
Re: First Contact- Tropians of Telosia
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 08:51:32 pm »
((Awesome! WHen do we start?))
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 09:04:36 pm »
{{Now.}}
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 09:06:11 pm »
((Cool! So we just post a bio?))

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 09:08:23 pm »
((*Rolls 20-sided die*

Here we go...))

As the rogue group of Lagat fled from Thean space, their pursuers fired madly at the excaping ship. Although they excaped destruction, the shuttle was badly damaged, needing to land for repairs. The only planet in sight was marked as dangerous, but the Lagat had no choice and landed with a crash on the swampy ground...

Offline Little

• I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 09:16:26 pm »
(( Could I join in as a Lagat?))

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 09:19:11 pm »
((Sure. The fact that they're rogues means you don't have to stick to the obedient, logical, robotic personality of a normal Lagat.))

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 08:34:35 pm »
{{ ;DIt seems I forgot to explain the game... Just post a bio of your character, then I'll leave the 'explorers' to do decide how they end up on the planet; I suggest being criminals on the lam, but it's just a thought. However, you conveniently touch down near a Tropian city, and interaction begins. Simple enough.}}
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 12:03:37 am »
((Technicly they are on the lam... and criminals... but, oh, screw technicalities!

Name: Nihlmono Delta
Race: Lagat
Profession: Formerly a factory worker, now leader of the group.
Bio: One of the nine Lagat that either "liberated their minds from the Thean machine" or "rebelled against order", depending on your view. Gathering the others they quickly left Thean space, never to return. Although he is somewhat paranoid, he has led the group effectively so far...))

As Delta peered through the viewscreen at the front of the craft at the thick, swampy terrain, his partner walked up behind him.

"We have to go outside at some point... most of the damage was external." she said.
"I know, Lambda. There's a ton of stuff living in this swamp, and we can't loose anyone... it's just too risky untill we know what we're dealing with."
"I hope we find out soon... this humidity is murder for my occular implant..."

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 08:03:54 pm »
A tropian wandered up to the craft, the scout of his nearby city. Moving stealthily, he noticed the Lagat in the window.

"It can't be... That demon traveled here and was slain long ago... His skeleton hangs in the Home... He must be very powerful to come back to life... But he was slain so easily... I must report this..."

Later, more Tropians came. Bringing with them the Lagat skeleton, they approached the craft, fearless as always.
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2007, 08:54:35 pm »
"Oh, great, what's that?" Delta asked as the sensors picked up movement. "Sigma? What's the status on the sensors? Can we get infrared?"

"Not without draining from life support, I'm afraid. I could do it, but we can't keep them on all night." came the answer.

"It's okay, we just need a peek."

There was a grunt of acnowlagement as the lights dimmed and the sensors began picking up the surrounding heat. Delta saw several forms on the display before it errupted in a shower of sparks. The lights returned to normal and he tried to retreve the data from the computer's memory banks, when he got a message from Sigma.

"I don't think you'd like to be doing that, Delta. The interface is still being rebuilt and it could go buggy on you at any moment. Why don't you take a break to recharge while I fix her up?" the engineer said

"One last thing, Sigma. There's definately something out there, and I don't feel safe with them around. Can we flash the landing lights a few times to scare them off?"

"I don't see why not. Hold on here a sec..." there was some grunting and whirring on the other end, then suddenly a blaring honking noise came in from outside. The swamp was flooded with light for a few seconds, then blackened, then relit again in a spectacular light show. Then things were silent and darkness returned.

"Thanks, Sigma." Delta said as he made his way to his quarters.

"No problems."

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 08:02:11 am »
((Well, I'll join! Sound's like fun!))

Name: Baorine Edenshire
Race: Bard
Profession: Xeno-Biologist and Explorer for the Bardic Republic
Bio: Finally off his expedition to the planet Prae, he has gone to seek his fortune on the far reaches of Bardic space.

*CRASH*
Baorine: What in The Song's name was that!?
Bardic Engineer: Sorry 'bout the noise, cap'n, but it looks as if we've taken a hit starboard-up- perhaps some debris?
Baorine: Anything damaged?
BE: Let me check (Powering up system check) ah, yes, we have damage to the Interstellar Radio, and an minor leak in the sonar reactor.
Baorine: Damnit! Sound's like we've got to take the bird down. Tell the boy's up front, will ya?

The B.I.S.C Songbird began it's descent towards the closest habitable planet- Telosia.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 09:47:50 pm »
{{Mae, does your ship crash convieniently near the Lagat ship, or will I be RP'ing two different cities?}}

The light show had not stunned the Tropians; records said the 'demon' had tried a simialar tactic before. His vehicle, which, as the 'demon' had been 'reborn,' was assumed to be a birthing pod of some sort (Tropians keep infants in pods until they develop), though the design was drastically different from the previous visit.

The Tropian scout began approaching the object. His fingers wrapped around he 'demon' skeleton, he scuttled up and pressed the skeleton to each window, showing the 'demon' they remembered him.

But the plan was different now; istead of simply slaying the 'demon,' they might try to make peace with it. If his vessel came from the stars, it may be able to carry them there...
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 10:13:46 pm »
"Holy..." Sigma gasped as he saw the cyberneticly enhanced skull through the window. "Why in Alknin's name must everyone hate us? First the Soinak, then the Theans, then these guys..."

Instruments clattered to the floor as his assistant, Iota, spotted the grim display. "Ohhh... Delta's not going to be happy..."

Sigma sighed, "Well, look at the slightly brighter side. We finally found out what happened to that scouting party..."

In the dimly lit conference room, the nine Lagat plotted their next move...

"So they've killed a Lagat before?" Delta asked.

"Not neccicarily, sir. They could have even worshiped the party, which was eventually killed by the native wildlife." Iota corrected.

"Either way, they were waving that skeleton around like it was something important." Sigma added.

"I say we send out the AI. Do we still have that hovercraft?" suggested Lambda.

"Yes, but... the AI is malfunctioning." Sigma stated.

"Just tell it to go out and relay my message via a holoprojector." said Lambda.

"I will, sir, but rebuilding the AI to that level will take a bit." Sigma said in a low voice.

"Don't worry... It's not like we're going anywhere." sighed Delta.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 10:27:59 pm »
 The Tropians were becoming impatient. They knew the 'demon' was in there. Who else could have flashed the lights? All Tropians knew artificial constructs intelligent enough to do that were impossible... The scout began banging the 'demon' skull on the ship, egging the 'reborn' 'demon' out.

The leader sat back in the bush, waiting to make a grand entrance and hopefully impress the 'demon.' This vehicle could obviously travel the cosmos. They may soon hunt again...

Tropians beleived they were once powerful demons, roaming the stars and hunting a herd of tynaig (a common prey item), but because they eventually hunted the cosmic animals to extinction, they were stripped of their power by a great deity and put on Telosia, if only to plot their escape...
I say NO! to all limits.