Author Topic: New Creature- Tropian  (Read 4476 times)

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
  • A new musical revelation...
    • View Profile
New Creature- Tropian
« on: August 05, 2007, 07:41:14 pm »
Name: Tropyian (troe-py-in)

Planet: Telosia (Can you spot the reference?)

Locomotion: Any six of their eighteen 'fingers'

Environment: Wetland Shallows

Diet: Other animals (75%), photosynthesis(25%)

Size: 5' tall from hind-hands to head, fingers are typically 3' long

Lifespan: 130-145 Standard years

Natural Weapons: Long muscular fingers, retractable dew claws on front wrists, poisonous fangs

Natural Defenses: Keen senses, acidic blood, armor plating

Lifestyle: Social (Appex) Predator

Hunt Success Rate: 95% hunt

Armor: Armor plating covers limbs and torso

Tools: Six limbs, each ending in a hand with three fingers, vine-like tentacles, mouth may be used to
test things (like a shark)

Offspring Survival Rate (before maturity): 90% Nobody wants to mess with the young of these predators

Reproductive Rate: Mature at 23 years, annual mating season

Gestation: Seeds grow in mother for 7 weeks

Offspring incubation: Seeds are deposited in poisoned prey for 7 weeks

Number of Offspring: 40-70, though most die before leaving their carcass

Life Stages: They emerge from seeds as small plants, then grow into larvae. From there they molt and grow into smaller versions of their adult forms.

Speech Style: High speed vocalisation, using many V and Y sounds

Singular, Plural, Possessive, Adjective: Tropian, Tropians, Tropian's, Tropisian

Skeletal System: Tropians have no true bones; vestigial remnants remain, like the bones of fish. Instead, they are kept together by an external cellular wall, that is both flexible and durable. This also means that Tropians molt from time to time, shedding their exoskeleton from time to time.

Muscular System: As there is not internal skeleton, the tropians have more room for muscles. Their muscles can both expand and contract, and there are at least four per major joint (a joint being a commonly bent area). They possess immense strength, an evolutionary byproduct of hauling themselves through swamps and through trees for millions of years.

Nervous System: Instead of having any one area a central for neural activity, the brain is spread throughout the entire body. They transmit electrical signals through nerves to stimulate muscles, but also send out adrenaline through the nerves themsleves in times of emergency. Their many eyes form a single image, but they can move each eye individually to expand the image. They also have an extremely good sense of touch in their fingers.

Circulatory System: Tropians circulate their acidic, blue blood through a series of large cappilaries. Lacking a heart (both physically and metaphorically), the cappilaries move the blood themselves by gently pulsating and pushing the blood along (in much the same way the human esophagus pushes food along).

Respiratory System: On either side of a Tropian's head, there is a large hole. This holes opens and gasps on occasion, which signals respiration. It is also divided into two 'nozzles;' one to breath in new atmosphere, and another to excrete the old. They only breath every once in awhile, however, due to their extremely efficient body and their ability to hold their breath for long periods of time. Chemicals collected through respiration are sent to an accordian-like organ that pumps atmosphere directly into the cappilaries.

Digestice System: Tropians, being carnivorous, obviously eat large quantities of meat. In fact, most of the torso is filled with their equal to the stomach, which is a tube from the mouth into a large sac. With this sac lies a series of chambers and shoots (similar to the intestines in form, not function) that stores food. Each chamber contains powerful filters that get rid of most diseases and parasites quickly. When this tube is filled it pushes sustenance through the chambers and into the main vat, where it is melted by acid and the nutrients are absorbed. When there is nothing useful left to extract, the Tropian vomits up the waste elsewhere.

More information coming soon...
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:55:32 pm by Arachoid »

I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature- Tropyite
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 10:02:24 pm »
ooh sounds really cool
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 10:07:57 pm »
Please explain how they photosynthesize through armor plating.  :)

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 11:40:38 am »
Simple: Only certain parts of the body are armored. It would be kinda hard to move through the swamo fully armored, no?
I say NO! to all limits.
Unfortunately, I don't think we're far enough into the Civ stage to have deveoped into the 'Infinite-ghz processing' research tree yet...

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 05:01:12 pm »
Cool beans.

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: New Creature- Tropian
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 05:56:08 pm »
Updated! ;D
I say NO! to all limits.

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 07:35:31 pm »
Lots of info. You should make a pic.

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

gec05

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 10:28:35 pm »
Lots of info. You should make a pic.

Oh crap! I got work to do. :o

Offline Arachoid

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 05:17:13 pm »
Heh, and I was just about to check up on your progress, Gec!  :D
I say NO! to all limits.

gec05

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 05:23:32 pm »
I'm having troble working on the design we got so far. Just trying to make a nice pose.

Offline PikMini

• Scramble Skipper
  • o_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 05:52:54 pm »
Needs a picture, but it sounds cool.. not that i can hear it or anything..

gec05

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 09:24:16 am »
There we go. ;D

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 12:30:35 pm »
sweet!

and btw gec, good job finally drawing something I wouldn't want to hug  :P
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 12:33:31 pm »
Wow! Even if that picture may not be what the author had in mind, that thing is amazing!

Great job, Eely-Gee-Cose. Also, like Opera said, I wouldn't want to hug it. I might want to chill with it, though. It looks like a guy who you'd LOVE to have on your side.

gec05

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 12:41:50 pm »
sweet!

and btw gec, good job finally drawing something I wouldn't want to hug  :P

I'm going to ignore you now. :P