Author Topic: What's that Kotaku? Beta's Heal Everything? "Well Actually I-" Heal Everything!  (Read 6117 times)

Offline ashevm

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
  • We are the creature makers
    • View Profile
    • Longcount
Quoi? Qu'est que vous avez dit? Nous ne comprenons pa... Nos no lo percebemos... Não percebemos... we didn't undersand... Many languages :)

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site

So what's the score now with Kotaku's negitive review ?

Namely how do all the top game sties rate Spore currently ?

Indicate if they give it a positive review ;D or a negitive review :(

- W -
* Who's curious about this as we get closer to the release year *

Offline Feigro

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Yea. Really.
    • View Profile
On that note, the second article here about Spore possibly being a bad game... that's just trash. >.< They haven't even played it. No one has except the beta testers. How could they know what is in the first few stages of the game? Come on..... that's lame. They know just as much as we know about it.

Which means, gasp! it could possibly be a bad game.

Additionally Darkdragon, the second article was from a different editor, and he wasn't even saying the game sucked. He was saying in light of the information that the bulk of what has been displayed of the game is only expected to last a total of about 5-6 hours of play time, either;

A.) The real game of spore isn't evolving, making creatures, and conquering tribes/planets. It's the spacefairing game. It's conquering the galaxy. With the prior stages being nothing more than mere novelty while you advance to the "end game".

or

B.) The game sucks.

C'mon people, be less defensive.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:03:02 am by Feigro »
"We're calling it Spore..."

Offline ashevm

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
  • We are the creature makers
    • View Profile
    • Longcount
Spore hit top10 on gamespot for the first time! It's in number six (or at leat was): Gamespot (scroll to the bottom of the page)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Well, Spore is a game for everyone, some people like to rush it some people don't, I'm gonna play slowly at my own pace but I know there are people who just like to go all the way to the "end", although there's no "end" in Spore :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
Which means, gasp! it could possibly be a bad game.

Additionally Darkdragon, the second article was from a different editor, and he wasn't even saying the game sucked. He was saying in light of the information that the bulk of what has been displayed of the game is only expected to last a total of about 5-6 hours of play time, either;

A.) The real game of spore isn't evolving, making creatures, and conquering tribes/planets. It's the spacefairing game. It's conquering the galaxy. With the prior stages being nothing more than mere novelty while you advance to the "end game".

or

B.) The game sucks.

C'mon people, be less defensive.

I wasn't being defensive, I was stating facts. Harsh facts about reality...

For one reason, yes the game MAY POSSIBLY not be good... even though EA has spent millions on it...... and even though it has drawn so many fans that are dying for it just from a couple of videos of gameplay.......
yes it MAY POSSIBLY not be a good game, just as any other game may not be very good................
so why then did they write an article about it how it may not be that good?
And a poorly written article with no evidence at that? HMMM... Maybe they're full of it. Just POSSIBLY. :D

And POSSIBLY, the people at Kotaku have underestimated the value of the first few stages of the game...
just POSSIBLY.

Perhaps, like The Sims, people enjoy building a story for themselves and taking it slow... not trying to blow through the story-driven events as fast as they can, thinking the game is boring as it is.

No, Not like that.... Spore must be a totally different game that is totally based around the later part of the game... because EVERYONE knows that gamers all like the same exact things.
Please, Forgive EA for this blasphemy of a game!!!

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
although there's no "end" in Spore :P

really? I heard that you have to fight an armada of Will Wright-shaped space frigates.

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Spore might blow, but from all indications alot is at stake so EA and Maxis cannot afford it to be so. Which of course is no assurance at all.

I swear, how could anyone not notice that the play-through time listed here was 5 hours, while what we have heard elsewhere it is at least 8? If the author truly believes (or is, god forbid, correct) in that fact, then he would be at least partially justified for feeling that way.

Perhaps he is mistaking the sped-up demo as the way things are going to be all through? Others have assumed the same. Hes not the first. Understandable.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 09:15:37 am by Fledgeling »

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
I don't see Spore being a bad game. I played Bioshock, it was nothing what it was promised to be, and I still adored it. Spore should be great, though I just hope it's worth the wait. That's mostly what matters.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline russellmania4

• Tempest Top Dog
  • i r from teh spores
    • View Profile
    • Yummy Goode
I wonder how many forum members will commit suicide if Spore ends up sucking?
You killed Harry Potter  >:( !!!!!
Yes. Yes I did.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
Spore will either make a killing or I'll make one by selling knives. Either way, I'll be happy.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
Just look at it, for god's sake! nearly everything is procedural, you can create anything you would imagine, it has editors for every thing in the game, you can visit virtually billions of different planets.

Whats not to like?  :D

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
Y'know, I JUST got the VG Cats reference in the title... I find that kinda sad...