Author Topic: Viva Pinata for the DS Offical!  (Read 6333 times)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: Viva Pinata for the DS Offical!
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 01:52:57 pm »
I get a lot of crap for being such a Rare fan, even sticking with them today. Well, not sticking with them in terms of buying their games, but I can always appreciate the quality in Viva Pinata and Kameo (and even Perfect Dark Zero).

Rare is one of my favorite developers of all-time, and I have a soft spot for them. It is a complete shame to see them get bought out from Nintendo, but I continue to appreciate their games nonetheless.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 12:46:42 am »
I'll always be a Rare fan (unless they build an unholy army bent on genocide and puppy killing) They may not be as good as their hey day of Goldeneye, Blast Corp etc. Still they make some good games and what they have in development shows lots of promise.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 01:50:14 am »
I have to say that I am very pleased with the amount of support Rare has shown for Nintendo. I am a Nintendo fan (who here isn't?) as well as a fan of Rare, especially their previous work. I was saddened when they were bought out by Microsoft. Efforts such as Viva Pinata and Kameo have been good, but I would have rather seen such games on a Nintendo platform.

Thankfully, Microsoft doesn't have a portable system out, and, seeing the success of the DS and the fact that Microsoft is competing more against Sony than Nintendo, Rare is able to release some stuff for the DS. I tried out Diddy Kong Racing DS, and I'll admit that it gives a fuzzy little feeling to see that old Rare logo on a Nintendo system. ;D

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 08:56:25 am »
Thankfully, Microsoft doesn't have a portable system out,
Don't give them any ideas! Just because of you, the next thing I'll See in stores will be the XBP!
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Shadowgandor

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 03:21:13 pm »
Haha, viva pinata on the ds would be funny, though i think the colors would be less bright on it but let's just wait and see