Author Topic: Viva Pinata for the DS Offical!  (Read 6334 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Viva Pinata for the DS Offical!
« on: July 30, 2007, 09:20:58 am »

I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
Re: Viva Pinata for the DS Offical!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:09:24 am »
I'm trying to think why anyone would have a problem with this, but you got me scratching my head on this one Pat. My only thoughts are you're afraid that this will attract the fabled Xbox Live demons to the DS, conjuring voice chat on the system and having them question your sexual orientation while tearing at the very fabric of space time itself. Or you fear the final merging of Nintendo and Microsoft creating Nintensoft Omega, a false demi god whose sole purpose is set on the destruction of Earth by merging it's dimension with ours. Or worst yet, you're afraid that Microsoft will eventually buy out Nintendo, destroying everything you love about the company by giving Link a gun and Zelda big boobies.

So I'm interested to hear what you have against this.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 10:27:54 am »
Mediocre? MEDIOCRE!!!!%#*%#**!

This is no port of Diddy Kong Racing. Just you wait till the game comes out as I will be laughing at you from my mountain of chocolate coins. In all seriousness, Viva Pinata is a great game on the 360 and can be just as great if not better on the DS. You should borrow someones 360 and try it out.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 10:28:58 am »
What's up with Microsoft? Don't they think porting half their games to PC is already going to impact 360 sales, and now this?

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 10:37:51 am »
Oh, also, could this possibly point to Rare games being made available on the Wii VC? Last I heard, we weren't going to get any apart from the Donkey Kong series, since Nintendo already owns the rights to those games.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 10:49:08 am »
In that case, I don't find it that surprising. Rare did release some games on the GBA after it was purchased by Microsoft, it's just Rare continuing their relationship with Nintendo. On the other hand this would indicate that MS isn't intending to go into the hand-held market, as far as hardware goes, any time soon. In conspiracy land, this could mean the two companies are subtly working together to bring down Sony. It is any interesting business maneuver and it will also be interesting to see if any other games show up on the handheld.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Oh, also, could this possibly point to Rare games being made available on the Wii VC? Last I heard, we weren't going to get any apart from the Donkey Kong series, since Nintendo already owns the rights to those games.
Oh I didn't think about that. Hope for Golden Eye still lives!
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 12:19:20 pm »
Just to make things clear: Microsoft isn't publishing the game, Nintendo is. It's just that Rare is developing the game, which Microsoft happens to own.

But Diddy Kong Racing DS sold over 1 million units, so hey, why not?

The only problem is that this deters me (and others) from buying something like the 360. If all of its best games (such as Viva Pinata, Gears of War, etc.) get ported to the PC, why should I buy a 360 to play them?

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 04:31:22 pm »
Did Pat delete a bunch of posts?  ??? I wish you wouldn't do that, it's part of the conversation.

Anyway, I'm excited to hear this. I don't have a 360 so I'll have a chance to play it. Maybe they will release it for the Wii too.

Viva Las Vegas Pinata  :)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 04:45:32 pm »
I think he just needed some attention or something. :-\

But not in a bad way.

Anyways, GameSpot has Microsoft listed as the publisher, not Nintendo, who published Diddy Kong Racing. However, I suppose since Viva Pinata isn't an owned property of Nintendo, as Diddy Kong is, then it makes some sense.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 06:53:24 pm »
Good news but it better be good enough as a stand along game, different enough from the 360 version.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 09:20:49 pm »
Deleted posts make santa look crazy.

Also, I like Viva Pinata.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 09:34:25 pm »
Deleted posts make santa look crazy.

Heh... :D

Some more good news

Sanbox mode sounds good. Also, I think one of the complaints in the 360 version is how it can become difficult to select a certain pinata when things get crowded, so directly controlling them with the touch screen sounds like a good move.

Offline p-luke

• Joust Warrior
  • The Atheist God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 09:52:43 am »
Isn't Viva Pinăta a child's show on Nick Jr? (and a birthday game)

gec05

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 01:17:33 pm »
No the show is based off the game, not the other way around. And 4KidsTV is the one who makes that show which airs on Fox.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 12:00:43 pm »
The show is actually quite amusing, there's a lot of Rare humour in there, that's clearly intended for older viewers.

And the game was brilliant, hopefully on the DS it will get some of the respect it deserved.  Very fun game, very original.  It's a little sad to see so many Rare haters these days, simply because they now work for Microsoft.  They still make really great games, and Viva Pinata is among the best they've ever made.

Even Perfect Dark Zero wasn't that bad, it just suffered from the extended development time, and constantly switching platforms.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 01:52:57 pm »
I get a lot of crap for being such a Rare fan, even sticking with them today. Well, not sticking with them in terms of buying their games, but I can always appreciate the quality in Viva Pinata and Kameo (and even Perfect Dark Zero).

Rare is one of my favorite developers of all-time, and I have a soft spot for them. It is a complete shame to see them get bought out from Nintendo, but I continue to appreciate their games nonetheless.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 12:46:42 am »
I'll always be a Rare fan (unless they build an unholy army bent on genocide and puppy killing) They may not be as good as their hey day of Goldeneye, Blast Corp etc. Still they make some good games and what they have in development shows lots of promise.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 01:50:14 am »
I have to say that I am very pleased with the amount of support Rare has shown for Nintendo. I am a Nintendo fan (who here isn't?) as well as a fan of Rare, especially their previous work. I was saddened when they were bought out by Microsoft. Efforts such as Viva Pinata and Kameo have been good, but I would have rather seen such games on a Nintendo platform.

Thankfully, Microsoft doesn't have a portable system out, and, seeing the success of the DS and the fact that Microsoft is competing more against Sony than Nintendo, Rare is able to release some stuff for the DS. I tried out Diddy Kong Racing DS, and I'll admit that it gives a fuzzy little feeling to see that old Rare logo on a Nintendo system. ;D

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 08:56:25 am »
Thankfully, Microsoft doesn't have a portable system out,
Don't give them any ideas! Just because of you, the next thing I'll See in stores will be the XBP!
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Shadowgandor

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 03:21:13 pm »
Haha, viva pinata on the ds would be funny, though i think the colors would be less bright on it but let's just wait and see