Author Topic: Political Compass  (Read 47370 times)

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
Re: Political Compass
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2015, 12:10:59 pm »

Thought I would be more on the right side.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2015, 12:28:28 pm »
Nobody's on the right side because the test is skewed (and some of us are actually godless commie pinko scum).

All of these kinds of tests tend to skew left since it's impossible to make authoritarian capitalism sound good on paper and nobody over the age of ten believes in anarchocapitalism.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 12:32:52 pm by /lurk »
Not a winner anymore.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #227 on: May 31, 2015, 12:57:15 pm »
Well, I mean, when most people don't consider the logical conclusion of the free market enterprise, how can you expect them to even associate monopolies with an unregulated free market?

Offline Great Distance

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 31, 2015, 01:08:29 pm »
I've moved a peg down to more libertarian. Otherwise no change as far as this test is concerned.

I've been reading into politics a lot more in the past year, and I've been thinking all that reading must have brainwashed me a bit. But apparently my political stance is the same as before, when I knew nothing about politics. If you can put any credibility to this test, anyway.

I think all this test proves is that I think a certain way about the questions asked, and I tend to shy away from the strongest opinions. I may think a statement is utter bull****, but I'll still click just "Disagree", because who has energy to feel so strongly about something.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2015, 01:47:31 pm »
I forgot how odd some of these questions are, on topics that don't really come up in current politics.

"All people have their rights, but it is better for all of us that different sorts of people should keep to their own kind."

"People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce."

Segregation and Eugenics for all!  Hooray!
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2015, 01:58:32 pm »
Huh, turns out I never took the original test.

Economic Left/Right: -0.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.31

Several questions had me hovering over the Disagree/Agree buttons for a minute.  I think that I'd stay in those four middle boxes, but might move around a bit depending on the day I took the test.  Like someone said, (It might have been me) those are some very loaded questions.

Looks like I've always thought these questions were terrible.  So have I become more libertarian in the last 5 years, or has the political landscape shifted?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2015, 02:11:22 pm »
This question had me stuck for a bit: A genuine free market requires restrictions on the ability of predator multinationals to create monopolies.

I wasn't sure how to approach it. On the one hand as a statement of fact, the answer could be one way. But as a matter of opinion the answer could go another.

Or this one, for instance: Land shouldn't be a commodity to be bought and sold.

I may not have my fancy degree, but I am pretty sure you can't phrase a question as a negative like this because it makes the answer open to debate because it confuses people.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2015, 02:26:56 pm »
Yeah it was pretty confusing how it went back and forth between affirmative and negative statements. Kept second guessing myself.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2015, 04:47:05 pm »
Exactly as a pinko commie would.

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 31, 2015, 11:07:34 pm »

My hair isn't yet sexy enough to be a new Stalin.
Wonder if he thought that astrology accurately explained many things
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline Rysworld

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2015, 08:17:37 am »

Note that just because I think "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need" is a fundamentally good idea doesn't mean I think it works, but I agreed with that one anyways.

There are a couple statements like that, as well as ones I didn't particularly disagree or agree with. Wish there was a neutral answer.

The only ones I answered strongly about were for the most part the sex and religion questions, so that says something about me I guess.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 08:19:13 am by RiseWhirled »

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2015, 08:06:24 pm »
I used another quiz [Link]that seems to have fewer leading questions. It also allows you to compare your result to party members in the UK, US, Canada, and Australia.

You can also compare your results against the average for a given age group, race, gender, location, or any combination thereof.

It's still using self-reported data (i.e. typical internet user bias), but the relative positions of the various groups are potentially informative.

Here's my data and some comparison charts to the average alignment of parties in the UK and US. It's on a scale of 10 to -10.

You are a left social libertarian:
Left: 6.36, Libertarian: 5.03
I am also non-interventionist (-7.02) and culturally liberal (-6.95). These don't show up in the graph - just the report.

EDIT: I checked where the SNP was, and it's dead center between Labour and Lib Dems. I am not at all surprised, given how many voters switched over.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 08:11:37 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2015, 08:57:21 pm »
Yeah okay.

You are a center-left moderate social libertarian.
Left: 1.5, Libertarian: 1.82

Foreign policy was .93 and Culture was a -.38

Still a damn dirty moderate, but I'm okay with weed and think the gays should be allowed to exist so I'm a bit on the left.

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #238 on: June 04, 2015, 10:15:27 pm »
I once knew a weed who injected two gays and he died.

Don't joke about that.

Offline Rysworld

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 04, 2015, 10:29:05 pm »
Wow I'm so excited to take this new and better test I wonder how different-

It's the same goddamn thing.

It always seems in this test like I'm less of a dirty gobbunist than I thought- guess that's what growing up in the US political climate gets you.