Author Topic: Roma Victor(and a laugh)  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Anou Mawi

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Roma Victor(and a laugh)
« on: August 06, 2005, 08:04:53 am »
Recently I heard of a game called Roma Victor
http://roma-victor.com/
In this game you can be a person in the Roman Empire, Influance or become the emporer as a Roman, take out the Empire as a Bar\barion and much more(just look)
And here is the laugh, I joined the Roman Royalest Guild and I noticed Janos used to be a member, weird eh.
(Why were you banned Janos??)

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
Re: Roma Victor(and a laugh)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 09:27:16 am »
I'm banned?  From the RRA?  I can still connect to the game (not that i do... the game is awful).

But yeah, they didn't appreciate me wanting to be a bandit in-game, and didn't like how sceptical i was to KFR (producer of the project or something).  That would be why.

Have they actually banned me from the guild?  A bit extreme seeing as i left by my own choice!  They have some decent members in there though, Marius and Sir_Gaius are nice guys.

If you like games which look like they've been developed in Paint, and which have the most irritating inventory/control systems in the history of gaming... then Roma Victor is for you!  Take aside how hideously boring it is, and how the developers' inexperience in game developing shows right through, it's a very good game... *cough*.

Offline Anou Mawi

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 11:01:28 am »
Wait...You can connect to a game that isn't out?

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 11:36:04 am »
I'm in the beta.

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 05:55:11 pm »
Wow, that does look hideous. I do believe EQ1 pre-Luclin looked better than that. You'd think these new games would atleast try to implement some graphical goodies if they don't have content *cough* EQ2 *cough*.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 12:54:39 am »
Quote from:  Roma Victor's developers
Thanks to the spread of the Roman Empire, you can join the game practically anywhere - as a Roman, a Gaul, a Goth, a Pict, a Briton, a Syrian, but you do so at the bottom of the social scale, and status doesn’t come easy. What you aim for, and how you get there, is entirely up to you. Bribery, stealth, violence, strength, cunning - all of these will help you progress to your chosen goal, be it citizenship, gladiatorial prowess, barbarian chieftain, or perhaps you even have your eye on the throne of Rome?
Sounded interesting enough to me until I started looking at the screenshots.  Is this the old Unreal engine?  The graphics are awful.