Author Topic: TV Madness  (Read 10578 times)

Offline Pestlett

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Re: TV Madness
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 12:26:35 pm »
 No England's isn't that bad, yet. There seems to be a culture lag between the US and here. Whatever your crime levels are 10 years ago it seems to happen here. Gun Crime isn't that rapent though, although if you do mix with the wrong people you have a good chance of being shot. I think Gun Crime in the UK is low maybe 100 gun murders a year roughly, the real danger is clubbers after drinking. That's where a lot of the murders in the UK occur, people getting the **** kicked out of them by a mob of drunken scum. As I say mix with the right people and your okay, apart from that it's probably on par with countrys like Canada.
 Anyway this shouldn't be in this topic anyway, if you really want to know more move it into another topic. Or we could find our bottoms quite sore.

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 12:50:01 pm »
My favorite shows are, in no particular order, as follows: Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Smallville, Mythbusters, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and 24.
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2005, 02:06:50 pm »
Wow, that crime is crazy. I have lived in New York state and around New York City my entire life and I have never had anything criminal happen to me. Well, I have had friends pick pocketed, but nothing violent or anything.

In fact, I feel 100% completely safe in New York City. People here are smart enough to know that you do not want to go to a NYC jail ... even for a single night! Everyone is pretty well behaved I would say ... or perhaps I'm just a "tough" New Yorker and I don't notice it anymore. Probably a bit of both...
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline s0lidmetal

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2005, 09:42:11 pm »
I just turned off Conan O'Brien to listen to the latest podcast  :'( what have I done...

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2005, 10:21:47 pm »
wow, were do u live ? that hardly EVER happenes  were i live, maybe  once every year or 2 and then its normally a corner store

Offline Syncmasterk

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2005, 06:41:28 pm »
There is a great Canadian sitcom very similar to Seinfeld called Corner Gas and it is a hoot i have been watching it alot lately
I got my name from a computer monitor

Offline legameboy

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Meep!
    • View Profile
    • Echonet
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2005, 09:49:59 pm »
If I ever watch TV, I usually watch "The Local News," "A Random Special on the History Channel," "Smallville," or "Mythbusters."

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2005, 01:42:28 pm »
If I ever watch TV, I usually watch "The Local News," "A Random Special on the History Channel," "Smallville," or "Mythbusters."
Good mix you have there.
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2005, 01:16:16 am »
Wow... I've never heard of anything like that happening to anyone I know. Which part of America do you live in, Zefrid?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 11:19:27 am »
Scrubs and Arrested Development are my favourite shows right now all though I don't watch a lot of tv these days.  The British version of the Office is also very cool.  I also enjoy South Park for the educational content.  Other than that, I watch Adult Swim like a good male college student and Food Network when it's Alton Brown or Iron Chef.  -leeman

Offline legameboy

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Meep!
    • View Profile
    • Echonet
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2005, 02:45:35 pm »
I can't believe I forgot one of my favorite shows of all time... I also watch "The Cosby Show" when the mood suits me (or when it doesn't). I heart Bill Cosby.

Offline apresthus

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Hmm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2005, 03:25:12 pm »
Heh..
Star Trek is just the best!
I think that the best series are TNG and DS9, don't really like Enterprise that much...
Maybe because it isn't on TV in Norway, therefore I have only watched a few episodes.

Smallville and CSI are also nice series ;D
-Alex

Offline spudscoot

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2005, 07:23:25 pm »
i like star treck. i watched it like every day but now once in a while i watch it.............