Gaming Steve Message Board

Will Wright's Spore => Spore: Roleplaying and Story Games => Topic started by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 04:35:40 am

Title: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 04:35:40 am

Memories of Halcyon and the Necrid wars are distant, and it is a time of rare peace in the Galaxy. At the Scion complex, an unlikely band of aliens have discovered that the ancient myth of Arcadia, the beautiful and terribly rich yet deadly planet of legend, may yet be real. They have come into contact with an old but decidedly insane Icthian freighter pilot, who believes he found the apocryphal planet after miscalculating a hyperspace jump. At Scion, he has returned to find a crew who can help him plunder the planet's legendary riches.


Thread rules/summary:
This thread is for individual RP, where players control one member of their race DnD style. Post below describing one individual of your race if you wish to participate (pictures would be helpful, but are not necessary).

The RP will be mostly freeform, but it may help to define some characteristics of your character. To that end, you may post values for the traditional d20 system attributes: Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis and Cha. No stat can exceed 18 or be less than 3, and the total stats should not exceed 75. Odds are these will be used infrequently, but I find it helps people to RP when they know a little more about the characters they are playing with. There are no fixed classes, but if you could make your character good at some particular thing that complements the group, then the other players will undoubtedly appreciate it.

Please remember this is an RP, and we are here to tell a story. You are not all powerful Gods who can call upon an army of troops and the most complex weaponry ever designed, you are a bunch of outcasts and renegades who are mere mortals - perhaps not anything special. The fun in an RP comes from challenge, not the ability to blast the crap out of any problems you come across. Oh, and there will be no magic or psychic powers.

Above all, please make sure the description is extensive - this is the most important thing, the stats are secondary.

After several days or after we have a lot of people joined up, we will close the thread to new characters and start the adventure. I will post a lot more description in the time running up to the start, so keep checking back.


"Hey, look who it is. That old fool Fiske, the freighter pilot - what's he doing back at Scion?" The two Icthian smugglers swimming in the water-filled bar looked out through the clear plastic of the window onto the walkway beyond. Down on the main promenade, an old model Icthian exo-suit scuttled clumsily along - distinctive in that it was painted a bright red.
"I thought we chased him out last time he was here. Didn't he try to square up to that Torpal trader, accused it of ripping him off? He's utterly mad. Didn't we make it clear that he's not welcome here?" The other replied slowly, opening a bottle of fluid into the current so that it flowed over his gills.
They swam and watched as the suit noisily stumbled onwards. Eventually, the occupant made it to the door at the end which lead to the main food hall; they turned back to the vid-screen which was showing the highlights of one of the latest abyss races.

It wasn't very long before rumours started to cross the complex that some mad pilot was raving about some mythical planet. Few took these rumours particularly seriously, but there were those who knew the legends of old and weren't entirely willing to pass up the opportunity. Those who investigated found a deranged Icthian in a battered red exo-suit telling anyone who would listen that he had found the legendary planet of Arcadia, and that he wanted a crew to head with him to bring back its fabled riches.

In the old stories, Arcadia was a beautiful yet menacing planet. Supposedly covered in jungle and swamp, with monstrous beasts and dangerous plants ready to make short work of any unsuspecting traveller, it was one of the most hostile places in the galaxy. The legends also told, however, of the Arcadians - an ancient race long since died out, who were fabulously rich. Their stores of gold, platinum, precious minerals and extravagant technologies were said to be stored as vast temples to wealth in great caverns in the jungle. No-one seriously believed these stories any more, though, as the planet had never been found.

Ic-Fiske claimed to anyone who questioned him that he was making a routine delivery of water to an outpost world when he mis-entered the coordinates for his hyperspace jump. When he dropped back into real space, he found himself around an unknown planet which neither he nor his computer recognised. Famous for his crazy behaviour and even more notorious for being the only freighter pilot who couldn't get served at the Scion complex bars, some thought that the old Icthian had finally flipped over the edge of sanity.



Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 04:37:32 am
Kalenyadd-fiske - Icthian Freighter Pilot - Daxx - (NPC)

Liszt-5 - ViS Xenoscientist - Krakow Sam - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161431#msg161431)
RedBlood - Æthiran Renegade - Yokto - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161454#msg161454)
Timesjai - Ryndalian Outlaw - Genesis - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161504#msg161504)
Dom - Centau Greasemonkey - Dr. Nick - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161502#msg161502)
Blinx - Omic Mech Pilot - Alwayswatching - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161507#msg161507)
Tsem Muul - Auyuelcliad Ex-Priest - Balthamael - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161514#msg161514)
Gaff - Torpalian Bounty Hunter - Operaghost - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161528#msg161528)
Drelo - Serlan Commander - Durgon - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161549#msg161549)
Zhix - Kratok Ethologist - Kratok - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161575#msg161575)
Pzhystan - Ptashki Biological Engineer - Stuckin2004 - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161593#msg161593)
Xulkomato - Xometrian Special Ops - Chaosandwalls - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161719#msg161719)
Quasqado Ghel'fos - Ghulos Labourer - Xarionis - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161757#msg161757)
Slack - Gryfon Businessman - TheNecromonicon - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161803#msg161803)
Lehnrin - Rinthuu Liche - Werechicken - (desc/bio) (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161833#msg161833)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 05:17:32 am
So this is set some indeterminate time in the future? Cool. Ok.

(http://www.imgcity.net/server/primary/Visliszt.PNG)
"Umm, hello? excuse me! Yes, hello!"

Liszt-5 is a 5th generation ViS 1.21 from Nova city 7 on the multispecies planet Azuron. He works as a Xenoscientist for the ViS run Occam institute. He has been dispatched to the Scion complex by ViS administration to help manage an expedition to Arcadia... wherever it may be.

Character overview: Lizst is a ViS 1.21, meaning he has been engineered with the ability to express rudimentary emotions, and to think more flexibly and creatively than the standard 1s. In addition he also posesses greater athletic prowess than the 1.20s who first settled on Azuron... although it is still below par when considering most other species. His appearance is no different to any other ViS except for his eye which is bright blue in colouration... different eye colours being a feature of the 1.2s and onward.
In character he is somewhat aloof, but otherwise friendly. Most aliens are suprised by how easy he is to get along with.
His work with the Occam institute has seen him carry out fieldwork in many potentially hazardous environments and situations.
He is currently 26 cycles into his extended 80 cycle life allowance.

Skills: Lizst has been engineered for extreme intelligence and is capable of total and perfect recall. His training as a Xenoscientist gives him broad knowledge of most scientific diciplines, though compared to more specialised scientists he is master of none. He can essentially function as a walking encyclopedia, and also has a decent amount of personal experience to draw on. He has been trained in basic small arms combat as required for all Occam employees, but cant really hold his own in a fight, relying on armed escorts in difficult situations.

Stats

Dex 9
Str 6
Con 4
Wis 18
Int 18
Cha 10

Liszt carries a standard issue Occam multiscanner. A simple tricorder like device which can dispense valuable information about a variety of objects and phenomena. However, this is only in the form of raw data, so skill is required to make meaningful sense of anything scanned.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 06:32:25 am
(http://spore-planet.rpgs.sytes.net/Gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=4024&g2_serialNumber=1)
Picture that i made in Gimp. Have to do for now.

Have taken the name Redblood. (Most Æthirans blood is blue and is copper based not iron base like humans.)

Stats

Dex 18
Str 18
Con 17
Wis 4
Int 10
Cha 4

Skills: Good at mining and other manual labor. Ambidextrous. No reading skills. Know how to handle both HtH weapons and range weapons.

Items at start: None. Not even cloths. Lost all in his last attempt to escape Æthiran Empire.

Items at the momant: A Translator, a communicator and 4 machetes given by Liszt-5
 
Background

Former serf in on the on Othyxir. He was lucky to escape with the help of a former exile organization dating back to the Exodus The "Knights of Freedom"  that work to free slave and serfs. Being breed specially for work in the high gravity world of Othyxir have made him strong and hardier but his he is not the brightest candle, somewhat lackingwill power and is can be very anti social and can be very rude. He look like he have bin thought a lot with scars all over his armored dark burgundy colored skin. Redblood lower arms ar unusually larger. Allmost the same size as  his upper pair and because of this he have develop a ambidextrous ability. Hi Eyes are red and have pupils like a cat. Redblood have barbels like organ that of a catfish hanging down his mouth like a goatee beard. His tail is long and powerfull. He is stocky build but tall (around 2,5 meters).  Redblood only aim in life is to settle down but is fearfull that Æthiran Empire will hunt him down and therefor try to move so far away from the Æthiran Empire.

OOC: Hope it will do.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 06:40:43 am
Uh, what do con and per represent... I can guess that Per is perception... but Con is a mystery
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 06:52:01 am
Uh, what do con and per represent... I can guess that Per is perception... but Con is a mystery

I made a mestake. Per should be personally but is called Charisma in D&D bases systems

The Stats are as follow

Str = Strength
Dex = Dexterity
Con = Constitution
Wis = Wisdom
Int = Intelligence
Cha = Charisma

Hope i did get it right this time. :P
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 07:16:52 am
I'm assuming constitution is how much damage they can take before they go down right?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 07:19:20 am
Yeah that the general health factor. It also help you when you try to win a marathon.  You get the idea. Ask if you go more questions about stats in D&D.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 07:20:02 am
I would actually consider participating in this thread, but Yokto, can you please explain the stats. I just don't want to make a charachter all messed up. Would it even be a possibility for a Matarissan to join?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 07:26:23 am
And I assume wisdom is basically what you know and how much experience you have. Whereas intelligence is just natural problem solving ability and so forth.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 07:28:54 am
Save a space for an Omic female who is fused to her mech suit... On psp internet so can't type now... Her name will be Blinx aswell.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 07:39:16 am
I would actually consider participating in this thread, but Yokto, can you please explain the stats. I just don't want to make a charachter all messed up. Would it even be a possibility for a Matarissan to join?

I said this, but now that I realize it; was the Arcadia thread only for "senior" guys? I don't want to be imposing, if you didn't want "noobs" in this thread. Just a thought.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 08:12:57 am
Ok is simple. In D&D based system there are 6 stats or abilities as D&D call it.The abilities are as listed below.


You can have a maximum of 18 points one ability and the minimum of 3. (This comes from when you cast 3 Dice with 6 sides the highest number is 18 and lowest 3 so if you want to randomize you stats you can use this method.) The higher the score the better. But their is a limit to how many point you are get to use. You total stat score should not exceeds 75 point which is a higher then average score and should be enough. The average score for a common man (if we can use the term) is about 10-11 in D&D games and just so you know. The average score if you use all your 75 points is 12.5 .

(Extra: to make thing a little worse for you. Remember that you use 3 dices to normally gains these stats? Well on average you are a lot more likely to get 9 or 12 then 3 or 18 so i would recommend that you try to normalize or at least penalizes you score if you like to have many extreams. Just a little tip.  :) )



Now to a little more detailer on what the Stats really do.

Strength
Strength is you pure physical strength. It govern what you can lift for example. The stronger you are the harder you hit.

Dexterity
Dexterity is how well you refexes are. How agile you are. how good you are at Twitch games.  ;) Useally use to help you hit especially with range weapons. Also helps you avoid getting hit. But I'm not going in to detailed on how the avoiding and hitting works as it a free form RPG but do not think that Dex alone will make you a super combat machine. (Usually character like this are called Dex monkyes)

Constitution
Constation is you health and stamina. How mush damage you can take. How long you can do hard work. Good for those that what to win the marrathon.

Intelligence
Intelligence is you ability to think. You learn faster and solve puzzles faster. You also have better memory with this ability. You may however not be that wise and i will get to that later. You chess and checkers beating skill.

Wisdom
Wisdom is the characters common sense and aware of what happens in world. It also give help with willpower. Wisdom is probably the harderst ability to distinguish for other abilities.  A sniper could have very good hand-eye condition (Dexterity) but very low  wisdom and not recognize the impact of his actions. A Absentminded Professor could be very intelligent but have a low wisdom score. And a Serf with no formal education could be very aware with his surroundings knowing actually what is going to happen next.

Charisma
Ahh... Charisma! The Dump Score in old AD&D which was only use by Paladins, Bards and maybe a few Clerics. Do not underestmate this skill. It not only governs how well you can persuade other but also you own inner straight. You self confidence. It also is use to represent how physical attractive you are but only to a lesser degree. You do not need to look good to make people make you bidding. And is often said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.   :D



Hope it makes it a little clearer. And do not forget that these abilities can work together.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 21, 2006, 08:20:39 am
Yeey it is open to all  :D

I have choosen Dom. A centau greasemonkey. He is a powertools dream.
He can fix everything from ur standard plasmagun to the  hyperdrive on ur spaceship.
But dont expect him to tie his own shoes. As Dom would say: ' Dom not smart...Dom just fix things.'
](http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/Pandamin/Centau-3.jpg) (http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/Pandamin/Centau-3.jpg[/img)

str : 18
dex: 7
con : 14
int: 3
wis: 5
char: 10

Background: When the Collective broke up into several independant states after the big revelation.
The centau started to spread out thru the galaxy. Dom was born on Xan lima, He wasn't a very bright kid. But early in his childhood people reckognised he had an unexplainable insight in how things worked. Its not that he knew why something did what it was doing. He just knew where the problem was if things weren't doing what they were suposed to do . But as always with lesser intellegent Centau, he was taken advantage of and listed to join the Independant Trade Federation. His job was to make sure the ship would run in tip top shape. And Dom was good at what he did. He was so good that the ITF sold him to a scavengers party. Dom is only 26 but he has learned early on that people don't always have the best intentions. Dom eventually got so fed up with the constant repairing of things. He sabotaged the ship of his buyer.
They stranded him on Sion. Dom walks from city to city looking for a job or a way of Sion.
All he has left is a tube with 3 nutritablets and a universal wrench.

Biology: Biped with a tail. Looks a bit like a triceratops. But without the horns and humanoid. 2.3 meter tall and a very short tail. The tail itself is useless. Dom is green He is quite strong since he has to lift engine's and rocket packs. But he can only hold it up for a little while. His power comes in short bursts. He would be able to lift 250 pounds without breaking a sweat. But he wouldn't be able to continuasly lift 75 pounds. Since he's a vegetarian his power is consumed fast and needs quite some time to recharge.
He has a sleeping cycle of 12 hours every 36. They will never puish  teh limit. And u dont want to give a Centau cafeine or something. It just gets them drunk.
If anything needs tweaking just tell me :)

PS : for the guys that surf a lot and play games a lot , this dude might seem awfully familiar. But its the best way for u guiys to see how a Centau looks like note the big blue eye. It paralizes predators aproaching. So our friendly vegetarian can sneak of and live to see another day. To keep things concistent with my ideas of a Centau I have created a lenz tat covers the eye so interaction can be done easier. If the lenz would brake people will find themself irresitably attracted to the eye and will keep looking at it until the centau has left their sight.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 21, 2006, 08:23:04 am
You misspelled Constitution.... I know how to play, sure I'm in.

Timesjai (Ryndalian)
Age (73)
Str 6
Dex 18
Con 6
Int 12
Wis 14
Cha 18

Timejai was lost at birth during a interplanetary transfer, crashing upon the scion complex outer regions. She grew up in the scion complex but by Ryndalian standards she is still a child. living in such a place gave her an uncanny ability to deal/ con others and as such able to survive in it. She got by with mastering the blackmarket and all the trades that came with it. Assassination, Bluffing, Crafting supplies/faking them, Etc.... Also she developed high ability to move around as one would expect, frail and retarded by Ryndalian standards, she remained a unknown until she discovered the hidden Ryndalian labs. Surprised to find others like herself, but wise enough not to talk to them she raided the supply system and started to work on how to craft the strange tech she found.

One day Timejai cane across a rumor, there was a lot of talk about a strange place called Arcadia that had endless riches. Hesitant to leave Scion, after all it was her home and the only place she has ever been, but Timejai needed to investigate this, after all, this was the only way to better things, she had suffered a severe mutation already. (She hides it so I will only disclose it if there is good reason, Daxx needing to know for instance.) And so she went off in search of the rumors source....

Equipment
Weximaru Sphere Exodus W.S.E.
Miniature Shielding System
A fortune of "Currency"
Some actual "Currency"
An assortment of fake items.
Ryndalian Med. pack. (Only works on Ryndalians and can be applied by self)
Stuff used to carry it all.
Watch with AI at 19 Int. (Sometimes malfunctions and instead has 2 or 7 or 15)
Crest always worn over chest for unknown reasons.
Gambling equipment.
Breathing ventilator, Ryndalians can only breathe Zaneta, so she has to have this....
Finally there is the Vial of poison/needle set used for assassination.

More Definition when I get back, just want you to know shes in.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 08:26:15 am
Overview - Blinx was a baby when Hidric went nova and blew up Omix, now the omic are a very rare race as they were being continuosly eaten by other sentient beings. (:D) Wanting to defend herslef she bought a T-10000 mech and trained herself to be the best, after 20 Earth years, she was the best mech operator in the Omic species. Soon she started to never take her mech off and was famous for being the best. Once she was hired to operate a nuclear reactor core in her mech suit, it blew up and her nerves were fused into the suit. She is now an exile and is portrayed as a monster. So now she is very self-independent and a bit street-wise. She won't hesitate to kill if she doesn't get her way. she wants to join the mission so she could get a cut and be rich and maybe even get surgery to seperate herself from the cursed mech again. UPDATE - Blinx is now seperated from the mech and her mech has been lost, so she is currnetly on Redbloods shoulder.

Strength - 3
Dexterity - 8
Constitution - 2
Intelligence - 15
Wisdom - 8
Charisma - 5

Skills - She was a mechanic to work her way through university but became a mech pilot.

Age 25

Equipped with : A communicator from Liszt.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 21, 2006, 08:43:34 am
Name:Tsem Muul (ta-sem mool)
Age:57
Race: Auyuelcliad
Sex: Male

An old ex-Dhulam priest, obsessed with finding old cizilizations and discovering "lost knowledge". He was brought up on searing Banqaq, far too the south where life is hard and people harder. Raised to be a mechanic, something practical, but he was far too thoughtfull. All he cares about is the "Ultimate Truth." Finding out what everything means, whether it matters. He turned to religion to help him, and believed blindly, becoming a priest and missionary.After rising high in the Dhulami church, one day he just didnt believe any more, and abandoned Dhulam at the age of 36, apparently because he had no proof of the Unspoken's existence.When he abandoned Dhulam, he became an Atheist, thinking "Evil" things, such as war and killing, no longer mattered. He became a soldier for a while, earning a medal for bravery in the Redhaven Wars, and in this time he married and has a son. They were eaten alive by Draani while on a ship to meet him on Azuron, which he planned to make his new home. This rekindled his spiritual nature, thrusting him into a Karma-like belief. Uisng contacts from his hedonistic days in The League of Independent Justices and The Tarsine Hand, he has searched for ancient ruins, ancient knowledge(..and a significant amount of treasure..). This has been his life for the last decade or so. A dream of a lost planet like Arcadia is simply too good to miss....

Dex 4
Str 12
Con 11
Wis 18
Int 9
Cha 11

This should be awesome.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 08:47:56 am
This is so cool and I can't wait until we get started!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 08:54:02 am
Okay, just to let you know this thread is open to everyone, and not just the more senior members. I may have come off as a bit elitist in the past, and for that I apologise - this thread is open to all who are going to take it seriously. However, there are certain important requirements to participating which you should take note of:

You will be expected to post fairly frequently. You must also post in detail. The description of your character should be more than a couple of lines and ideally should contain some background and description so I (and the other players) have something to work with, in terms of character interaction and plot hooks. You must be willing to role-play, and to want to be more focused on telling the story rather than "winning". If you don't feel up to these things then I don't think you'd enjoy the thread.

Good explanation of the DnD stats, Yokto. Remember that as this is free-form I won't be rolling dice per se, but I will take them into account when working out effects of people's actions.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 08:55:05 am
I can sense more time instablities forming. According to the bio for Tsem, no more than 21 'years' could have passed, yet this was apprently enough time for the ViS to establish several new cities on Azuron, engineer a new upgraded form of ViS and produce 5 generations of them (assuming each generation has the extended 80 year lifespan) so potentially the maximum time passed since 'now' is over 400 years whereas it seems the minimum amount of time is 21.

Dont change anything. These discrepancies can be explained away by claiming time-travel technology went a bit wrong and fractured space and time  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 08:58:21 am
Okay, just to let you know this thread is open to everyone, and not just the more senior members. I may have come off as a bit elitist in the past, and for that I apologise - this thread is open to all who are going to take it seriously. However, there are certain important requirements to participating which you should take note of:

You will be expected to post fairly frequently. You must also post in detail. The description of your character should be more than a couple of lines and ideally should contain some background and description so I (and the other players) have something to work with, in terms of character interaction and plot hooks. You must be willing to role-play, and to want to be more focused on telling the story rather than "winning". If you don't feel up to these things then I don't think you'd enjoy the thread.

Good explanation of the DnD stats, Yokto. Remember that as this is free-form I won't be rolling dice per se, but I will take them into account when working out effects of people's actions.
Yeah i just added the dice for historical reasons and because you can use dices if you wish to randomize you own stats. Some like to build the character around their random stats.  ;)

Anyway i have updated the explanation of stats system with a average score.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 21, 2006, 09:00:48 am
Sorry, i thought it was just after the Necrid Discord War. I WILL Change it, ill just make up a war....
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 09:01:21 am
I can sense more time instablities forming. According to the bio for Tsem, no more than 21 'years' could have passed, yet this was apprently enough time for the ViS to establish several new cities on Azuron, engineer a new upgraded form of ViS and produce 5 generations of them (assuming each generation has the extended 80 year lifespan) so potentially the maximum time passed since 'now' is over 400 years whereas it seems the minimum amount of time is 21.

Dont change anything. These discrepancies can be explained away by claiming time-travel technology went a bit wrong and fractured space and time  :D

Another problem is that Hidric was supposed to go Nova 120 years from now, when Blinx was a baby it blew up, and now shes 25, so it should be 145 years from now, uh-oh!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 21, 2006, 09:01:46 am
When Gaff was only an infant, his mother died, leaving him to be raised with his father, who was the classic torpalian warrior. Growing up, watching his father fight, Gaff dreamt of nothing more than the torpalian army. His father, however, wouldn't allow it, because Gaff was much weaker than normal torpals, and as his father said, 'unfit for combat'. When Gaff was an adolescent, he ran away from his father while their warship was docked at a space station. From then on, he grew up in the underworld, taking jobs from various cartels for pay. His life of crime  eventually led him to the scion complex, and after meeting another lone torpa,l he was inspired to become a bounty hunter. With all the money he made, Gaff bought high-end black market weaponry, from the most reknowned torpalian vendors. He may have been weak, but he was sure well-armed. Over the years, he made a name for himself as never losing a bounty. As he returns to the scion complex to purchase his annual weapon supplies, he hears of the legends of Arcadia...

While Gaff is weak for a torpal, he is still moderately strong compared to the average species, and his body can still take a lot of punishment. Over the years he has become nearly as well-armed as a commando.He's not the brightest, but he can still figure things out when the time calls for it. He has also become emotionally cold, after longing for his father's approval for so many years, and is often ruthless, and won't think twice about killing.

Str 10
Dex 15
Con 18
Int 3
Wis 11
Cha 9

equipment: 2 shoulder-mounted guns, heated wrist-blades, commando acid gun, two commando pistols (the four-barreled ones)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 09:04:37 am
Don't close the charachters yet. Give me a little while to come up with a good history for a Dark Star Federation Matarissan! Please! *running off to come up with a bio*
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 09:05:47 am
Yay now theres a Torpal involved! And my Omic also won't think twice about killing yay!

This is gonna be good.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 21, 2006, 09:11:56 am
Can i ask how we are going to imagine Character interaction? EG Conversations between them, shall we sort it out by PM? I think a nice friendship/rivalry/enmity in the camp would be cool. EG Tsem will probably get on well with Gaff, them both having a slightly "dodgy" past and being from warrior species.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 09:15:32 am
Can i ask how we are going to imagine Character interaction? EG Conversations between them, shall we sort it out by PM? I think a nice friendship/rivalry/enmity in the camp would be cool. EG Tsem will probably get on well with Gaff, them both having a slightly "dodgy" past and being from warrior species.

IC conversations should be in the thread (that way I know what you're saying). You are your character, so you should mark things with IC or OOC to avoid confusion. If you want to speak, just write with speech marks ("") around what you're saying. It's all in the description and the writing.

Now if there's something you wouldn't logically know, pretend you don't know it when you're roleplaying. For example, if your character is asleep don't later on refer to a conversation two other people had which you wouldn't know about.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 21, 2006, 09:20:45 am
I didnt explain myself very well, i meant that should i make up the other guys response, PM him for it, or make him post it in teh thread? EG:

Balthamael: Tsem says: "So, Tortioses in Sports, ethical or no? i mean, its sconomically sound, but it is ethical: whats your    opinion?

Would i PM the reply and include it in my post?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 09:27:06 am
The other guy (if he's controlled by someone else) should reply when they post. Treat it like the other RPs we've had - you wouldn't speak for someone else in those. If they're a NPC (or Kal himself), I will type the reply.

Edit: more flavour text in the FP.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 09:28:07 am
*runs back*
Hope there's still time for one more...

Commander Reida-

Physical-Relatively small for a Matarissan. Is missing an eye, and has a large scar on the side of his face. Very smart however, and very good with range weapons. Not strong in hand to hand combat or people skills, and is extremely greedy. Good with technical skills and piloting.

Bio- Was a Commander in the Matarissan Civil War, where he fought very valiantly aboard the ship, Dire. Reida was a member of the right-wing Dark Star Federation. During the conflict, the Dire was shot down where most of the crew was killed instantly on impact. This is where he sustained his injuries. Crashing in the middle of an ash desert, Reida had to survive by killing and eating the rest of his crew. When picked up by fellow Dark Star Federation soldiers, Reida was banished from Matarissar Prime for endangering his men while under fire. This caused a lot of resentment from Reida, who after the war began to use his piloting skills as a smuggler.

Edit:
Equipment- Standard Matarissan armor, large cape, 1 Nodyl dagger, 1 Standard-Issue Matarissan bolter, 1 pair of Standard Matarissan boots, 1 cyber-"eyepatch", 1 Matarissan "Judge" pistol.

Strength - 7
Dexterity - 8
Constitution - 8
Intelligence - 10
Wisdom - 10
Charisma - 9
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: B.A.S. on June 21, 2006, 09:33:21 am
Serlan are going to get involved in this too. Heres my guy.

Commander Drelo

Bio-Commander Drelo is a famed Warrior of his Species, however that all ended when he was on Durl with his close knit squad and they were all brutally killed by the Hylde. Drelo killed the Hylde but he was close to being killed. In the end Drelo took his personal fighter and left the system, the Council still does not know where he went and he is figured to be KIA.

Drelo now goes from Planet to Planet searching for something that may help him in his quest. However Drelo does not know what this quest is, but something propels him towards his objective. And now he is on the Planet Scion and something tells him he is close to his goal.

Physical-Drelo is in his prime for a Serlan. He is an incredibly powerful Melee fighter, and is slightly better than average when it comes to ranged weapons. Drelo's biggest downfall is that he is reckless and that usually leads him to be caught off guard by well placed tactics.

Strength-18
Dexterity-18
Constitution-15
Intelligence-5
Charisma-10
Wisdom-5
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 09:38:19 am
I think it would be cool if a 'mismatched cops' buddy movie style relationship emerged between Liszt and one of the tough guys... probably the Aetherian since he isnt as emotionally calloused or selfish as the others.
You know, the tough one does all the ass kicking and the smart one explains the long worlds and gives good advice. Then something happens and the roles get reversed. Brainy fights off some bad guys while brawny lies wounded/ Brawny's innocent statement or sudden memory leads to development of plan to save the day.

Oh, Durgon, you missed out wisdom.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: B.A.S. on June 21, 2006, 09:44:39 am
I wouldnt mind a rivalry forming between the Torpal and Serlan, that should be intersting. Oh yeh and thanks for the wisdom thing didnt notice it haha.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 09:45:32 am
I wouldnt mind a rivalry forming between the Torpal and Serlan, that should be intersting. Oh yeh and thanks for the wisdom thing didnt notice it haha.

It's well over 75 now, though.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: B.A.S. on June 21, 2006, 09:46:06 am
whats over 75?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 09:46:54 am
Your numbers.

There would definately be a friendship between the Torpal and the Matarissan. Heck, they taught eachother chemistry!  ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: B.A.S. on June 21, 2006, 09:48:18 am
Alright now its at 71, Im guessing 75's the limit so i guess im good to go :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 09:51:49 am
The Omic will probably be a bit of a loner because she is an exiled cyborganic thingy. :-\
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 09:54:03 am
Great stuff. Is anyone planning on drawing pictures? It would be nice to know what they look like (though I guess that stuff could go in the description - it's good to have one as welll as a bio).
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 09:54:43 am
I think it would be cool if a 'mismatched cops' buddy movie style relationship emerged between Liszt and one of the tough guys... probably the Aetherian since he isnt as emotionally calloused or selfish as the others.
You know, the tough one does all the ass kicking and the smart one explains the long worlds and gives good advice. Then something happens and the roles get reversed. Brainy fights off some bad guys while brawny lies wounded/ Brawny's innocent statement or sudden memory leads to development of plan to save the day.

Oh, Durgon, you missed out wisdom.

I think that that could work well. Got any ideas how they did meet each other?

PS: I may try to draw a picture of Red but do no get you hopes up.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 21, 2006, 09:55:28 am
This was to the omic female. But i am a slow typer  :D


Well who woudl fix ur battle suit when it gets damaged ?
Dom the grease monkey  ;)
U mind find his simple way entertaining as he is very much like a child.

Edit: Will try to make a pic. Wont be until tomozz tho. ive done my drawing for today  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 21, 2006, 09:56:44 am
Woah... A never before seen planet with horrible monsters? I want my Kratok in....

Dex 3
Str 18
Con 18
Wis 17
Int 11
Cha 8
Name: Zhix
Species: Beach Kratok

Zhix was always just a normal person, a ethologist, living the main-stream life, eating the mass produced grass, but he always held the starlight dream. The dream to fufill as a morpher, but ofcourse he never really got the chance to ever try, studying species and looking through textbooks for something nowone had yet. Life was hard after the Seperation of Kratok species, and Zhix depended almost everything thing on the Scion Complex. One day visiting the Scion Complex to try drugs on one experiment, he heard a rumor.....
Inv: A packet of nano-bots and a design screen

How bout this?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 10:02:06 am
This was to the omic female. But i am a slow typer  :D


Well who woudl fix ur battle suit when it gets damaged ?
Dom the grease monkey  ;)
U mind find his simple way entertaining as he is very much like a child.

Edit: Will try to make a pic. Wont be until tomozz tho. ive done my drawing for today  :)

It is the future, so obviously some good tech. it is some kind of memory metal that is a strong alloy. Full of hardened nanobots, when something happens the metal slowly regrows and in about a day a large hole will be gone, the only real way to kill her staraight away is to destroy the deformed body at the heart of the mech that used to be her.

(TDLRs can now destroy something lke three houses on top of each other, and they no longer believe in balance and rhyming words.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 10:02:56 am
Hope thats good enough

D'you think you could you stick in some more detail?

Quote
It is the future, so obviously some good tech.

I'd appreciate it if people didn't go overboard with the tech. In a sense, technology makes everything easier for you. Sure, the tech will be good but I predict everyone will have more fun solving problems using brainpower and effort. You don't want me to make it so your tech doesn't work, do you now...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 10:05:26 am
And if anyone like to make a Picture of my character Redblood i will not stop you. It might be fun as see the how is end up like.  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 21, 2006, 10:10:50 am
Quick Pic, slightly modified from the original Ptashki pic. Notice the shiny prosthetic swiss army knife
 and improved wings.

(http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/PLSaari/ptashkiPzhystan.png)

Pzhystan - An exiled biological engineer of the Ptashki race.

Dexterity - 13
Strength - 5
Constitution - 7
Wisdome - 12
Intellignce - 18
Charisma - 16

After he completed his training of biological engineering at the most prestigious Ptashki institute in the top of his class, he was set to take Ethics courses. He flunked out of these horribly, which was, to say the least, unexpected. Now the Ptashki had an unethical scientist with all the skills to, given the money, fuel evil wars. Needless to say, from that point on ethics courses were taken first.

After creating a virus that would wipe out the Featherless population, he was sent to exile onto the asteroid belts. However, this only fueled his reckless experimenting. When a passing ship heading for the Scion Complex rendevouzed with him and saw his creations, they immediately put him on board. He has stayed there for several years, fueling the black market. But once he heard the rumor of the planet, he immediately jumped on board, for his own secret motives.

Tools: His swiss army knife prosthetic, where a claw/horn used to be. Complete with scalpel, cutting laser, generic space age weapon, scanning arrays, 3 fingers, one opposable thumb.

EDIT: Becuase of his intimate undrstanding of biology (and now Xenobiology) he may serve as the medic of the group.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 21, 2006, 10:11:44 am
Hmm...OK.
And yes i knowits teh future and i know nanotech.
Just thougt i could fix broken hardware. But since u got that covered......... :)

Srry Daxx missed ur answer while posting.  :D but yea..;that was sorta what whent thru my head while offering tech help :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 10:13:33 am


Quote
It is the future, so obviously some good tech.

I'd appreciate it if people didn't go overboard with the tech. In a sense, technology makes everything easier for you. Sure, the tech will be good but I predict everyone will have more fun solving problems using brainpower and effort. You don't want me to make it so your tech doesn't work, do you now...

I know my limits, its just that the Omic have been researching TDLRs for a while now, and they love mechs because they increase hight and power.  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 21, 2006, 10:19:39 am
Okay, edited
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 10:24:51 am
Okay, edited

It'll do for now, but when you get the time it would be nice to know more. :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 21, 2006, 10:34:06 am
as far as character relationships..
I can see Gaff resenting and trying to compete with all the physically strong characters, with the way his dad treated him and all...


btw i am going to try and draw a pic of everyone in this, but with everyone joining, i think i'll wait a day or two...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 21, 2006, 10:38:08 am
I think we need a limit on people. We will simply have far too many eventaully.

How long do you get before you "Turn" is missed? i suggest 72 hours.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 21, 2006, 10:41:40 am
Can i sudgest that we keep a list of what people have, can and can not?

just to prevent this:

'X walks inside he can see Y sitting. He takes a shot at Y''
next post ''Y saw X shooting at him and turned on his supercamouflage shield. The bullets bounced of.''

Its not u can't have really cool gadgets. But i think maybe its usefull to have a list of what a char can do ad can not do ...sorta like an inventories.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 21, 2006, 10:42:59 am
ooooh you know what this just reminded me of? tresure planet!  :D  multi-species crew looking for treasure; doesn't get any better than that ;D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 10:44:52 am
Someone could say they're turning on their "super camoflage shield", but ultimately I determine what happens. Godmoding like that - and that is godmoding at its purest - is liable to get you severely injured or severely killed.

I think more or less everyone has joined. After Hydro joins (or says that he's not going to), I'll close the thread to new characters. Don't worry, new characters can enter but I will have to vet them via PM or something. It may well be that characters eventually leave the RP as well.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 21, 2006, 11:15:30 am
I'm doing the edit now, should be 5-15 min....
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Uroboros on June 21, 2006, 11:39:47 am
Okay, im late, and you'll probably hate me for bringing this up but.. the entire 18-max system was designed around humans. An 18 was supposed to mean you were really a cut above the rest in this one stat, and that worked out well because we were all humans, all with the same base physical structure/blueprint. Species vary a lot out here, though.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 21, 2006, 11:43:44 am
Good point. My Ptashki are extremely social, so wouldn't this influence their charisma stat?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 21, 2006, 11:44:50 am
Yes, I had to make the Ryndalian mentally retarded for *** sakes! I don't mind though, should be fun.

And could you put me back in please?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 11:46:12 am
Okay, im late, and you'll probably hate me for bringing this up but.. the entire 18-max system was designed around humans. An 18 was supposed to mean you were really a cut above the rest in this one stat, and that worked out well because we were all humans, all with the same base physical structure/blueprint. Species vary a lot out here, though.

Well, firstly and most importantly, we're only really using the stats for comparison. Secondly, you don't have to take it exactly as the DnD system - consider it a sliding scale from worst to best. Thirdly, most humans are only averaging around 10 ranging from say 6 to 13 in their stats, and it's very rare to have anyone outside this range. DnD characters are the exception, not the rule. Bear in mind also that DnD has other races besides Humans, and they tend to have more or less the same stats.

So it really doesn't matter.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 21, 2006, 12:06:11 pm
Can a Xometrian, Xulkomato take part
Age: 1656 Xometrian years (The ratio of xometrian years to earth years is 72:1 so thats 23 earth years)

Str:15
Dex:18
Con:15
Int:13
Wis:7
Cha:7

Part of the special ops caste Xulkomato was exiled after performing unorthorized intelligence gathering operation in an alien creatures base. Quite intelligent, he is driven by the will To gain power over others. He has no morale values and would rather kill to get something than open his mouth. Unsociable and ruthless, Xulkomato is the perfect power driven killing machine.  As he is part of the special ops caste he is the most evolved for of Xometrain and posses camouflage skin (Chameleon). He has the best hearing of all Xometrians which makes him one of the best listeners in the galaxy

 Equipment: A Ventrupotek. This is an archaic ranged weapon similar to a crossbow. It has four pieces of a plant found on Xometria that is very stretchy. This, coupled with the 4 strained parts means that the bolts are likely to completely pass through most living things. Xulkomato has only four bolts. The bolts have a special hole at the end for Xometrians to inject poison into. The weapon is spiked with holes on the end of each spike delivering the poison

(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/chaosandwalls/Spore%20stuff/Crossbow.jpg)

He is now a hired rougue, and wishes to join the adventure for any riches gained
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 21, 2006, 12:17:13 pm
Cool Crossbow :P
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 21, 2006, 12:21:46 pm
Thanks
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 01:10:10 pm
Wait... should we all add equipment? (only basic stuff of course)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 21, 2006, 01:11:57 pm
My guy only brought Knowlege
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 01:13:16 pm
Wait... should we all add equipment? (only basic stuff of course)

I did anyway. It does help, in that nobody can just come up with something in the middle of the story. Everyone knows what one another has...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 01:15:33 pm
Good point... in fact, its should be compulsory to declare any item you plan to use at some point (and which isnt obtained later) at the beginning.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 21, 2006, 01:19:08 pm
Thats what i meant with the super camouflage shield :)
So u can predict how to deal with a situation. So no one pulls out a massive gun without having it called

Well i only have 2 items 1 being essential for a grease monkey :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 21, 2006, 01:21:46 pm
(I hope this is alright.)

Name:Quasqado Ghel'fos.
Race: Ghulos

Statistics.
Age: 37 Earth Annual Cycles
Height: 7 feet, eight inches.
Weight:292 pounds.
Str: 16
Dex: 10
Con:13
Int:7
Wis: 9
Cha:3


Background: Quasqado, named after the fabled disfigured hero Quasqado the Wretch, known for his horrific appearance and his great feats of Strengh against the oppressive beauracracy of his homeland, used to be quite an average Ghulos. When he reached adulthood he chose a simple job, that of a Field Labor Unit for the Ghulos millitary, tasked with base construction and materials transport, where his strengh and stamina came in quite useful. However, in a suprise attack by a rebel militia organization, Quasqado, not being a trained soldier, lost his hands and his left eye, and his face was disfigured by fire. His limbs cauterized by the energy rounds of the militia, his only option was cybernetic reconstruction,, giving him two Render powerhands, known for their ability to hide of hidden equipment, and a cybernetic eye. However, his disfigured face could not be repaired, and such he has taken to wearing a featureless metal mask. Having his Render class fists equipped with hidden chainsaws, he took a job as a Lumberman, traveling through space aimlessly helping with deforestation projects. However, with the increase of robotic labor, he soon lost his job. In depression, he overheard a conversation between two Ghulos privateers, speaking of a deranged space captain talking of treasure on a hidden planet, at the Scion complex. Having no source of income, and mostly nothing to lose but his life, he boarded a transport to the Scion complex, hoping to join the crew to find TREASURE :D.

Quas is very physical strong and resilient due to his lifetime of manual labor, but his Ghulos dexterity is somewhat lower than that of his peers due to his large, clunky cybernetic hands. He is average in intelligence, although he does excell at reading comprehension. His disfigurements have made an already unsocial creature into a very quiet being, although if approached, he will reply.

(While I typed this, Sam posted something on declaring item usage, so I shall do that now!)

Items: Two Render class Powerfists, cybernetic hands giving him lots of crushing ability, but limiting his ability of fine movements.
Two Barkbuster chainsaws, equipped into his hands.
One Ghulos Defoliator, a small handheld device that fires small gouts of flame, used to clear land of small shrubs and other plants.
One standard backpack.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 01:23:35 pm
We better put a limit to all of these charachters. Daxx?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 01:36:21 pm
The suspense is killing me! Start now! But i do want nauceans... I can't decide! Please Hydromancerx come here and choose!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 21, 2006, 01:41:04 pm
I was wondering if I can add someone in as well? If you think there's too many already its ok, but I've been working on the Gryfon (yes, they didn't acctually go extinct, and they help in the ND) and I have one character I think will be priceless in this game.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 01:44:08 pm
Aha! those chainsaws will come in handy on a jungle... Oh, can we do a bit of prologuing yet... if so then:

Liszt stepped through the airlock and into the Scion complex. Behind him the Auyuelcliad freigter captain carefully inspected the credit chip he had been given. Liszt surveyed the teeming facility with curiosity. His job tended to take him to desolate ruins on uninhabited planets, he didnt often get the chance to see so many aliens interacting so casually. He moved forward as a muscular Naucean barged past him. "Out the way desk boy!" he sneered, making an offensive gesture.
Liszt quickly found a secluded spot near the railings overlooking the promenade and consulted his datapad for new instructions from the institute. They were fussy like that, and never gave away the mission briefing all at once. Of course, he knew what the mission entailed, finding the lost planet Arcadia and making a decent preliminary study of it, but if any detail was subject to change the institute liked to withhold instructions until they were sure.
His pad told him to find the Icthian 'Kalenyadd-fiske'. Apparently this wouldnt be hard, as he liked to stride around in a bright red exosuit. Liszt felt glad that the leader had seen fit to giving 1.2s colour vision as there were a number of exosuit clad aliens wandering around the promenade.
Since Fiske wasnt immediately visible he decided to ask around. After being treated to a few stonewalls, some specieist comments and total incomprehension by a colourful assortment of aliens... and an oportunity to purchase some sort of narcotic substance from a one armed Urshan, he was eventually given some decent directions.
"Fiske? Yeah, I know where he is. Usually hangs around that old bar "The Brown Dwarf". Its on level 4. I'd stay away from that guy though, he gets funny ideas... pretty harmless though. Shix! theyve caught up to me!"
His Torpal benefactor engaging in a firefight with two pursuing aliens he didnt recognise, Liszt headed for the elevator to level 4.
He found Fiske at the bar, hunched over a drink inside his corroded red suit.
"Uh, Mr Fiske?" Said Liszt...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 21, 2006, 02:00:51 pm
((That's why I gave him chainsaws and a defoliator. Judging by the Golden Law of Rp, for every useful, but non-combat, character, there will be six super badasses who will pwn all that stand in their way and possibly wear trenchcoats and spout witty retorts..))
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 02:05:31 pm
Thats why I made my guy non-combat. Hes the useful guy who tells the rest which plants not to eat and that a random stone slab has a power source emanating from it.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 21, 2006, 02:07:30 pm
Well i'm also not very combative....i asume everyone knows what grease monkey's do : :D
I'm just hoping i choose well...since i'm seeing so many combative and ''wise'' players
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 02:08:51 pm
Nah, I'm sure hell be uselful... besides, he can always clonk people over the head with a wrench  ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 21, 2006, 02:09:44 pm
(Yeah, I was debating with myself over making a Ghulos laborer or a Squillisk scientist. I picked the Ghulos because I couldn't decide to be a Squillisk Botanist or a Chemist. I'll be sure that Quas sticks close to the Squishies, because the Squishies are important to mission success. And he may be non combat, but, you know. I wanted him to be able to defend himself somewhat. That's why he has CRUSHY HANDS and chainsaws. They're multifunctional :D.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 21, 2006, 02:10:10 pm
exellent point  :D
He has one , thats for sure
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 02:10:25 pm
Redbloodwakes up in a heap of trash in a ally in the Scion complex.

Redblood thought to him self: "Wear am i? Ahh... My head! Hmm... Now i remember. i was able to sneak on to one of the Lord Goldfirsts trade vessels just before those Technomancers where going to capture me. Then somehow i woke up in this place. I wounder where i am?"

Redblood started to walk toward the street to get a better look.

He thought: "Hmm.. Well at least i dose not like like I'm in the Empire any longer. The streets seams to be full of aliens i have never seen before. But what shall i do now."

With out thinking Bloodred try to ask a strange looking alien where he was but with out any Universal translator was not able to get any contact.

The alien replayed: "Get away from me you **** ******* ***** ***!" And then some even more dirty words to dirty to even cover up with ***s.

Redblood was smart enough to realize that he was not welcomed went over to a corner of a build to sit and think things over: "What shall i do now?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 21, 2006, 02:12:37 pm
Yep. I mostly picked mine by random but it would still work well, being able to tell if somethings angry, ect.

Anyways, on with the storie, once I find a way in....
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 21, 2006, 02:23:22 pm
Once Zhix got his components, he asked the one telling the rumor
"Arcadia? Whos the crazy looking for it?"
"Eh? Oh, old Fiske, a crazy old Icthian, thinks he found Arcadia"
"What a dolt! Tell me where he is so I can give him a peice o' me mind"
"That'a guy! Level 4, The Brown Dwarf, can't miss him since he wears that fancy red exosuit"
"Thanks"
As Zhix walks off, he mumbles to himself "Ah, I might not fit in here but I can still get a cent or two from these idiots"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Hydromancerx on June 21, 2006, 02:27:07 pm
Someone could say they're turning on their "super camoflage shield", but ultimately I determine what happens. Godmoding like that - and that is godmoding at its purest - is liable to get you severely injured or severely killed.

I think more or less everyone has joined. After Hydro joins (or says that he's not going to), I'll close the thread to new characters. Don't worry, new characters can enter but I will have to vet them via PM or something. It may well be that characters eventually leave the RP as well.

Thanks guys for holding up. Was about to go to bed after i posted the idea sicne it was really late. Now today just got back. So let me write something up and get a picture in. So don't close it just yet!!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: B.A.S. on June 21, 2006, 02:27:48 pm
Drelo landed his small craft onto one of the many hangars of Scion. The Serlan looked around the Hangar while still in his ship, the area seemd to be a place that suited Bounty Hunters and Merc's, he would have to be on his guard. Drelo pressed a button and a modified Teslin came out of its storage area, followed by a Modified Kolo and then a Selmo. Drelo opened the hatch to his ship and put the Teslin in its holster on his back and the Kolo on his side. He then put his Selmo on his front sheath and walked down on of the streets to the center of the city.

Drelo however came to a fork in the road and decided to take one of the left streets. He continued down it until he came apon a hangar where several other Aliens were stationed. He looked at a sign, appearently there was a expedition going on and something in his mind told him to do it. He stood near the sign hoping to be noticed by the manager.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 21, 2006, 02:28:35 pm
Ok, heres my guy. I don't want to ruin the Necrid Discord too much, but I'll just say the Gryfon didn't exactly go extinct  ;D And yes, I did try purposely to make him the most unoriginal character I could think of, and yet HES STILL COOL!  :o

(http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/TheNecromonicon/Slack.jpg)

Name: Slack
Species: Gryfon
Age: 35
Height: 3'8"
Weight: 65 lbs

Str: 4
Dex: 18
Con: 7
Int: 14
Wis: 14
Cha: 18

History: After their home planet was ravaged by the Necromonicon long ago, the Gryfon were thought to be extinct. However, several ships were launched just prior to the assult on Gryfon Prime, carrying the families of the wealthier and more pestigious Gryfon on the High Counsel. They travelled through space, searching for a new home. But every planet they encountered had already been destroyed by the Necromonicon herd. Every time they encountered another sapient races, they told them of the horrible fate that befell their homeworld. Ironically, even though the Gryfon were the counch potatoes of the galaxy, they aided in evacuating several species before the Necromonicon came. Many planets, however, refused to beleive even the charismatic Gryfon that a threat so large was comming, and they all quickly fell to the Herd as the Gryfon watched in horror as the event at Gryfon Prime occured again and again. Slowly they made their trek accross the galaxy, until they drifted in to the Delta quadrant and helped the CAB, OTHER, and SWU defeat the Necromonicon once and for all, and settling down on a new planet to begin their lives anew.

Description: As I never fully described the Gryfon in the Necromonicon introduction, I'll do it now: they're basically 3 and a half foot tall platypuses, with 3 eyes and an antenna on top. Their beak isn't as long as a regular platipus, and it holds a full set of teeth. They lack the poisonous spines on their back feet, and have six fingers and toes on each hand/foot. They also have a very flexible and rubbery body, because they have alot of cartilage like sharks. This makes them "bouncy." The main asset of the Gryfon is their irresistable charm and cuteness, to lure you in before they strike with their deals and discounts. The Gryfon are masters of persuation and bartering, extremely intelligent and cocky. They can and will sell anything to anyone to the highest bidder, and are generally regarded among the galaxies other sapient species as the most obnoxious creatures every encountered. Naturally they have taken over much of the Scion Complex's more shady areas and business dealings, however their population is still recovering because the Gryfon are usually too lazy to mate. The Gryfon and the Sombreron, seeing as they're two biggest traders in the Quadrant, have an inate distrust for eachothers intentions. The two species try hard not to get involved in businesses deals together.

Slack was born on Gryfon Two, the new homeplanet of the Gryfon, given to them by the Nauceans for their help in the Necrid Discord. Hes spent his life training in the old ways, and is a master of trade. Because the Gryfon are very weak physically and lazy, they tend to have others do their heavy work for them. But Slack once had a business deal go sour many years ago, and forced past his laziness to train in the art of long range weaponry. His aim is impeccable, and it has proven to be a valuable asset in winning many gambling games. He carries a plasma gun and a set of throwing stars on him at all times.

Slack has brought with him his custom plasma pistol (now destroyed), and a standard Slug Scout Uniform (did I mention Gryfon spend their infancy as well... slimeless slugs?) that makes him look similar to Indiana Jones.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 02:32:43 pm
'ere, 'ang on. Intelligence 18? How can a big fat platypus compete with a being whos basically been engineered for superior intelligence?

Your also 4 points over the limit. My advice would be to cut intelligence a bit and bring dexterity up to 18 (he is a master marksman after all)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 21, 2006, 02:33:57 pm
Sorry I just fixed it, my calculations were off
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 02:42:48 pm
That's brilliant guys, great idea to do some prologues. I'm going to call a halt to new characters now that Hydro's showed up (obviously he can still post his character) - if anyone else wants to join please PM me and we'll debate the issue, but we have a lot of characters now.

If everyone would like to post something shortish to describe how you come to Scion and meet Kal, please feel free (remember to be consistant with what's already written). I'd be appreciative as well because it should help us kick off.

If you have items, please post them now within reason (I'll let you know if you've got anything too powerful, and I will be putting heavy restrictions on realism - for example, those chainsaws are going to have to be cleaned and fueled if they're going to work, and wearing them will most likely restrict you from doing anything dexterous). I love the crossbow, btw.
Before we leave I will probably give you an opportunity to obtain stuff that you don't already have if you can convince Kal that you need it.

Adding description/backstory/biography to your characters is heavily encouraged, even when we're progressing through the storyline.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 02:47:29 pm
Can I get a response from Mr Fiske or do I write his side of the dialogue too?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 02:54:03 pm
wait does this mean I can't enter the charactor I disccussed with you earlier, or can I?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 02:58:59 pm
wait does this mean I can't enter the charactor I disccussed with you earlier, or can I?

I didn't really like the Lich concept, I'm afraid. If you're quick and you can do it before Hydro I'll let you put a different character in.

I'll write Ic-Fiske's reponse when all the characters are in and the debating's over.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 03:00:16 pm
I'll still do it but I'll remove the magic/nanotech stuff if that's alright
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 03:01:16 pm
I'll still do it but I'll remove the magic/nanotech stuff if that's alright

Go ahead. The only thing which bothered me was the reanimation and controlling of the dead. The rest of the concept was fine. :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 03:05:37 pm
Added picture to bio for Liszt.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Hydromancerx on June 21, 2006, 03:08:19 pm
Ok I finally got one!

(http://spore-planet.rpgs.sytes.net/naucean_rpg.jpg)

Name: Dr. N'rev Se'luj
Species: Naucean
Age: 24
Height: 6'
Occupation: Chrononaut of the TimeSphere Po

Str: 13
Dex: 13
Con: 10
Int: 18
Wis: 10
Cha: 11

History: N'rev was a child prodigy and never really fit in with his peers. At the age of 14 he graduated from Aohoshi University at the top of his class and went on to serve in the Naucean Space Fleet as the youngest Quantum scientist at 18. By the time he was 20 he was promoted to the special unit aboard the Time Sphere Po and trained to become a Chrononaut. Everything was going great for the last 4 years until something wrong happend. A quantum flux interupted one the standard time traveling missions N'rev was in. He and his 4 man crew hot separated through time each ending up in a diffrent period. N'rev got sent to the future and ended up hitch hiking from space freighter to space freighter trying to get back to the space sphere Po so he could get back to his own time. Thats of course if the Po was around anymore.

Description: He is still young and is not as strong or dexterous as his older Chrononaut crew. He is smart and has a doctorate in Quantim Physics. He is trained to survive in just about any environment, but his inexperience and immaturity are his weaknesses. He is very book smart but still has alot to learn when it comes to real life situations. This is no standard mission to the Earth planet to bring back DNA samples from cows.

Skills:
He is well versed in Quantum science, survival, and history. He is very smart but still young. His intelligence exceeds his maturity despite all his academic experience.

Gear: He only has on what he wore during the Stand time mission; nano suit (protects from elements, biologicals, breathe underwater, can form into melee weapons on the sides like blades, rope, clubs, etc) The problem with the suit is it was damaged during the time flux and acts up from time to time and will not respond properly to his mental commands (basically its up to the GM to see if the suit actually works when needed). He also has a time watch that calculates what time he is in and allows him to keep a log of his journey.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 03:09:05 pm
I was thinking of making a technomancer before but i when with the opposite with Redblood. That way i did not have to care about technology that mush. I may use her some other time however.  ;)

Nice pictures.

And better late then never ay Hydromancerx.  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 03:11:32 pm
Lehnrin - Rogue Rinthuu (liche)

Strength 4
Dexterity 5
Constitution 3
Intelligence 18
Wisdom 18
Charisma 7

Lehnrin is a Liche who is facinated by the relics of ancient long dead races, and suspects that Arcadia may hold these in abundane she has searched the galaxy for many centuries looking for hidden ruins and ancient legends, as such she has developed a keen sense as to when a tale is simply the ramblings of an old man or the beginings of another adventure, she strongly beleives this case to be in the last catagory.
As a Rinthuu rogue her shell is quite old and frail she still has a formidable collection of weaponry, but cannot risk getting too involved in direct combat and only carries her thermic blade for emergencies, instead relying on her blade drones and staff of light.

skills
has a fair level of experience with ancient languages and the kind of traps and security systems in these kind of places

weapons: thermic blade(a device that lowers the air temperature around Lehrin to produce a cone of intense heat 1m long
staff of light; a laser capable of punching a small hole through heavy armour at a distance
blade drones - two drones equiped with 0.5m long blades
stats
con 2
str 4
dex 6

barrier sheild - a small sheild generator that can withstnd several energy weapon blasts
necro dust - nanotech that can prematurely rot a still living target

is this okay with everyone, I deliberatly kept her stats below a total of 75 because two of them are at the max - plus she has those drones - think them like the training drones out of star wars, but with a small sword attached for stabbing

damn am I too late now?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 03:15:56 pm
I think we need a heavy weapons expert   ;)... and it balances things out. Three scientists allows for proper disagreements and debates about whether we should pull the big lever or something.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 03:16:26 pm
damn am I too late now?

No that's fine. Good touch with the drones. Rounds the character out nicely.

But that's it, if  anyone else wants to join now, you damn better well have a 20 page long character backstory and your credit card details ready. That's 16 characters I have to deal with!

Get posting some more prologue stuff if you can - I'm going to go for a quick beer and I'll start things off when I get back.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Hydromancerx on June 21, 2006, 03:19:26 pm
Hurry peoples draw some pictures of your characters of the story so we can imagine them better durring the story.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 03:20:39 pm
"Um... Mr Fiske?"

Liszt carefully waved his hand in front of Fiskes suit window. The grizzled ichthian just kept looking down at the tube of liquor in his tentacle.

"Mr Fiske?"

He carefully reached forward and tapped the perspex panel of the exosuit.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 03:23:41 pm
Hurry peoples draw some pictures of your characters of the story so we can imagine them better durring the story.
OOC: The problem is that i do not have any real workspace. I do not even have a graphite pen. So i just have to paint with words. (or do it with Gimp which take a little time.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 03:25:24 pm
Blinx was wondering aimlessly in the darker alleys of the city. Usually when her frisbee launcher and TDLRs are sighted they think shes up to no good. When she hears about Mr Fiske she has imediate respect. She feels for all sneered at beings. She arrives in and sits in a corner. She speaks with her hybrid cyborg voice "Is this it? Everyone here?" she hopes. The less people the better. She is interested in time travel (she wishes to save herself from the reactor) and is eager to meet the Naucean.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 03:27:17 pm
OOC: I've just fleshed out the history and added thats shes good with ancient languages I.E will be able to tell the tone of the message if not the actual words and has some experience with the traps of these kind of places, if you think that's going to spoil the game somewhat I'll delete it, sorry for the lateness, I've just got back from work.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 21, 2006, 03:29:46 pm
I would draw a pic. but I can't put it up, so sorry.  :'(

Also no prologe for now, I have to put in the array of Equipment Timesjai has, so I'm going to do that instead. If I have time then I'll make up a better Prologue.

Edit: Equip up.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 03:37:20 pm
The bar was nearly empty as the Auyuelcliad owner stopped serving and was wandering idly around cleaning tables, trying not to disturb his remaining customers. A group of Torpals snarled as he approached, but glancing over at the corner where a strange collection of aliens was now gathering he decided he'd take his chances and shooed the blue drunkards out at the end of a staff.

Kal looked up at the ViS who was trying to attract his attention. He waved his free tentacles wildly at him, and staggered backwards in his suit, servos whining with age and abuse.

"Ack! What do you want? Do you realise how much this cost? I'm trying to enjoy it, and since this bar is the only one in the whole complex which will serve me, I don't want any trouble. Have pity on an old fish."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Hydromancerx on June 21, 2006, 03:40:10 pm
Hurry peoples draw some pictures of your characters of the story so we can imagine them better durring the story.
OOC: The problem is that i do not have any real workspace. I do not even have a graphite pen. So i just have to paint with words. (or do it with Gimp which take a little time.)

How did you draw your other drawings?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 03:43:58 pm
"Ah! Mr Fiske. Ive been looking for you for some time. My name is Liszt-5. I represent the Occam research institute on Azuron. We heard youve found the lost planet Arcadia, and I have come here with a proposition for you. The institue is eager that an expedition be sent to the planet. We are willing to pay you the sum of 2 million galactic credits, if you lead me to the planet so I can make a preliminary study. Any expenses incurred in the voyage will also be covered by the Institute. What do you say to that?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 03:45:00 pm
Hurry peoples draw some pictures of your characters of the story so we can imagine them better durring the story.
OOC: The problem is that i do not have any real workspace. I do not even have a graphite pen. So i just have to paint with words. (or do it with Gimp which take a little time.)

How did you draw your other drawings?
Gimp but it toke time. I will see what i can do. I'm starting to do some reseach but it can take a wile before i create any new art.

(Accualy the Gnawling and the Dugoth did not that that long but the The Æthiran did take a lot of time. I do not know why but the Æthiran was a lot harder to draw.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Hydromancerx on June 21, 2006, 03:47:25 pm
Sombreon Fieghter Pilot: *walks in* "Mr Fiske i found another stow away! *pushes him in* Naucean as you can see. Young little bugger, what you say your name was?"

N'rev: "N'rev sir. Stop pushing me! *dusts off*

Sombreon Freighter Pilot: "He says he is some crono-somth' I say we lock'em up boss"

N'rev: "Lock me up! I am just..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 21, 2006, 03:50:50 pm
Something clicked in Liszts mind as he watched the Naucean stumble in.
"Hey! I know who you are! I read about you in Xenohistory I... wait I cant say anything... I cant give you knowledge of your own future... I'm sorry, Mr Fiske... you were about to say something..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 21, 2006, 03:54:34 pm
Timesjai walks into the Bar, and seeing Fiske, spots him out. (She knows all the residents of the scion complex, although they might not know her, she lives here after all.) (If he wasn't there before, she recgonizes instead that he is a stranger.) She however sees a scene and decides to watch and wait till things are a bit calmer before making a confrintation.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 03:58:02 pm
As N'rev and Fiske are "introduced," the room in the Brown Dwarf goes quiet. There are footsteps outside, and then the large doors swing open. A cloaked creature walks in. As he puts his hood down, he is identified as a Matarissan, an old one from the civil war.

Reida: Greetings my friends. My name is Reida. *Interrupting Liszt* What's this I hear about a planet? I do think that you can use my services...*smiling, showing his razor teeth*
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 03:58:57 pm
Ignoring everything but the ViS in front of him, Kal stared crazily from the helmet of his suit, all four eyes trying to focus on Liszt.

"You want to know about Arcadia? People called me mad, you know. But I'll show them all when I come back with the biggest load of precious metals this place has ever seen! I'll show them..." he trailed off, and finished his drink, a glazed look in his eye. "...new ship, live forever." He stumbled, and leant up against the bench in the corner. "Do you want to see Arcadia? You believe me, don't you! No you don't, you're just making fun of me like the others. It's real, I tell you. Real!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 04:01:47 pm
er.. mistress Lehnrin?

Lehnrin sighed and put down the dataslate she was reading

Yes what is Undulu?
You wanted me to keep a ear open for any information regarding anything to do with ancient races
I know that, I did pay you after all, so shouldn't you be working?

Undulu flinched under that souless stare that never once blinked, he knew very well how he got his job from its last occupant, he never did manage to clean that shirt

well it's just that this icthian freighter captain, name of fliske, reckons he knows where the fabled planet of Arcadia is
Oh, and how did you find this precious gem of information out?

Undulu thought it might be a good idea not to mention the fact that the old lunatic had been yelling about it at the top of his voice, but his mistress tended to deal out harsh punishments to those who forgot to mention specific details, again he was reminded of how he got this job.

Well the fact of the matter is, I think the pilots a little... well allot actually, he's completely mad
Hmm is that so, well I'll just have to meet him and find out for myself
You may go now Undulu, make sure the rest of my scouts are kept busy, and try not to kill any of them... again!

Fliske, she'd heard of him, an insane Icthian freighter pilot who told tale tales and drank like a fish, she permitted herself a slight smile at the analogy; Icthians hated to be called 'fish', but from what she'd heard from her other scouts she felt there was a ring of truth to his ramblings. The thought of simply having the old fool killed and then extracting the information from his brain and then finding the wretched place on her own crossed her mind, but was quickly over-ruled, on a mission like this this more was both safer and wiser, besides, what most adventurers are after is wealth, she already had plenty of that, what she was after would be ignored by the kind of brutes who would take up this mad mans offer.
sighing as she opened her weapons chest Lehrin knew this would end up being more trouble than it was worth.

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 04:03:00 pm
Back in the Brown Dwarf:

Reida: You aren't the only one who's heard of Arcadia. In my travels in the "outside" I came across a few smugglers who said they saw it. When I heard them I thought they were crazy, but when I heard about you...*looking around*...I knew it was real.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 21, 2006, 04:05:03 pm
Timesjai has pulled her watch by now and is recording the conversation unbeknown st to everyone else.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Hydromancerx on June 21, 2006, 04:05:45 pm
Ignoring everything but the ViS in front of him, Kal stared crazily from the helmet of his suit, all four eyes trying to focus on Liszt.

"You want to know about Arcadia? People called me mad, you know. But I'll show them all when I come back with the biggest load of precious metals this place has ever seen! I'll show them..." he trailed off, and finished his drink. "...new ship, live forever." He slipped up against the bench in the corner. "Do you want to see Arcadia? You believe me, don't you! No you don't, you're just making fun of me like the others. It's real, I tell you. Real!"

*Pushing the Sombreon away N'rev sits on a barstool and listens to story. Then brings up his watch and serches for "Arcadia"*

Crono Watch: "No Information found"

N'rev: "Hmm that's weird..."

*seeing that everyone is interested he sticks with the ViS*

N'rev Speaks to the ViS: "So I you know me? Am I famoius? What do I do? How do i die?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 04:07:51 pm
Blinx walks purposfully into the room, "hello Mr.Fiske, good to meet you, names Blinx. I wanna join for enough cash to seperate myself from this damn machine. thats all i gotta say, all I need is a yes, or a no." she waits for Fiskes answer.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 04:13:17 pm
OOC: Well i have started to draw Redblood.  It will take some time and if im happy then i will most likey be able to post a picture of him to morrow. But i war you all. Is not the fist time i have not bin happy with the result so it may go straight to the bin. (or rather my giant archive of uncompleted art.)

And do not forget that Redblood may be big and strong but and have a cool name but he is alone in the city and know no one. So someone please make contact with him as i have no idea how to get him to the bar.  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 04:14:05 pm
OOC: Yeah, it would be better if a few people met elsewhere so we didn't all have to meet in the bar.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Hydromancerx on June 21, 2006, 04:17:08 pm
Is it just me or is this getting very complex with 16 people participating?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 04:19:00 pm
IC:
The suit turned, the bulk of the life-support systems swinging as the Icthian tried to take in the sudden flood of new arrivals. "What? You're all interested? No, this isn't real, no-one listens to me. Leave me alone, you don't really want to know. The space trees need to be swept out and I must find a crew so that I can live forever!"

The chipped paint on the suit was gleaming as the promenade lights were dimmed. Finally succumbiing to the effects of the drink, Kal sank onto the suit's default rest position.

OOC:
Is it just me or is this getting very complex with 16 people participating?

No, it is. When I get back home in a couple of days this is going to take some serious organisation. At the moment it's mostly sitting in my head and on scraps of paper, but this is the biggest RP I've ever done (and I've done a fair few of these).

Can you tell I'm having fun with Kal?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 04:20:11 pm
Lehnrin walked through the doors of the brown dwarf bar, her thermic blade in its holster, but on a stand-by setting, and looked around the bar, she immediately spotted fliske and he seemed to have acquired a small entourage of other would be adventurers. When she noticed the Nauncean and the Vis she silently cursed, they wouldn't be bothering with mere treasure either, however it did lend more proof to the fact her hunch was correct and the old fool really did know what he was talking about. Pushing aside the Nauncean and the Vis Lehrin look down upon the old Icthian

I hear from my sources that you know of the whereabouts of the fabled planet Arcadia, I believe I may be of some help to you there, I have studied numerous ancients ruins which are believed to have some sort of link to that hallowed place. I would be able to repay your generosity in allowing me on board by giving you access to my private hanger, where I'm sure I could arrange for your ship to repaired and upgraded to a reasonable standard

She'd already taken a look at the heap he called a ship, there was no way she would even consider riding in 'that' if she had a choice

So captain what do you say to my offer?

OOC I'll post a pic of Lehnrin tomorrow around this time, I've just noticed she's certainly an arrogant little miss isn't she?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 21, 2006, 04:21:15 pm
Ditto, and we should set up an official start, for example, I'm gonna be gone for a 24 hour period at least starting probally around 11 tomorow so could you wait till I get back from that as well?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 04:25:16 pm
Is it just me or is this getting very complex with 16 people participating?

Daxx shoulda stopped entrys earlier, maybe if we do it like prison escape it'll work. :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 04:27:22 pm
I actually msged Daxx soon after he created the thread, but I had to go to my summer job so I couldn't make the charactor then
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 04:28:51 pm
It's fine. I predict that in a couple of days time at least one or two people will stop posting and we can write them out of the story. Otherwise, I should be able to cope fine.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 04:30:36 pm
Speaking of jobs, I'm not going to be able to post much...really, not much at all.... Please don't count me out though because I'll be posting as much as I can when I can.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Hydromancerx on June 21, 2006, 04:36:59 pm

OOC:
Is it just me or is this getting very complex with 16 people participating?

No, it is. When I get back home in a couple of days this is going to take some serious organisation. At the moment it's mostly sitting in my head and on scraps of paper, but this is the biggest RP I've ever done (and I've done a fair few of these).

Can you tell I'm having fun with Kal?

I think i am going to sit this one out for now. Just becuase its getting hard for me to follow. It was a good idea and i will have fun reading it all but I would rather step down and have a good story to read then add to the complexity of the story. Really these things should have 3 to 6 people not 16.

I will say my guy gets taken away by the sombreon pilot and locked up for being a stow away.

Perhaps next time we can have it where there are a bunch of diffrent storuies goin on in diffrent threads with fewer players and more GMs runnign each one.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 04:38:34 pm
why not once we land on the planet we split into four groups, and create a thread for each group, would be more managable
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 04:42:02 pm
We'll see what happens. Let's stick to this for now (as long as not everyone is in the same place at the same time). Hydro - are you sure you want to sit this one out?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Hydromancerx on June 21, 2006, 04:46:35 pm
We'll see what happens. Let's stick to this for now (as long as not everyone is in the same place at the same time). Hydro - are you sure you want to sit this one out?

Yeah i am sure. Don't worry i have had my share of good role playing adventures. Plus I still have the necro thread going on to keep track of.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 04:49:29 pm
Now that I think about it, I feel really bad for doing this, I think I too have to sit this one out. I have to "live" at my summer job, so it will be impossible for me to post frequently, if at all. I don't feel that I could contribute to the story at all, if I'm not here. Maybe when things start getting easier, I'll make an Rp or join a smaller one. The Matarissan walks away without saying a word...sorry guys.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 04:51:23 pm
Now that I think about it, I feel really bad for doing this, I think I too have to sit this one out. I have to "live" at my summer job, so it will be impossible for me to post frequently, if at all. I don't feel that I could contribute to the story at all, if I'm not here. Maybe when things start getting easier, I'll make an Rp or join a smaller one. The Matarissan walks away without saying a word...sorry guys.

Okay, well thanks anyway. Are you sure?

At least it's getting a little more managable. :-\
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: tooma125 on June 21, 2006, 04:53:43 pm
Yeah. Thank you for considering Reida. Perhaps he'll show up in some other thing. Because I work at a summer camp, I have to stay there. It has no internet, and I only have one day off to come home. That isn't enough time to contribute to the story. I will only be able to contribute to my own creature and possibly the S.W.U. thread. Thanks again!  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 21, 2006, 05:19:35 pm
In the corner of the brown dwarf, a rather large figure stirs. A large blue biped  lurches out of his bar stool, and stretches, revealing oversized, biomechanical black hands. A shiny, featureless black mask covers his face, only revealing two eye holes, one eye glowing yellow, the other, a dim red.  He bends over, and struggles to lace his boots with his thick artificial fingers. Managing to tie atleast a semi-decent knot, he looks into the rather massive crowd forming around a fish in a Land Transport suit. He shrugs slightly, and sits back down on his stool, trying to avoid notice untill the crowd calms down. He tugs at his loose belt, as he hasn't eaten a full meal in a while. He seems to attempt to shrink as his stomach rumbles quietly, as though the whole room was staring at him now, even though most people seemed completely disinterested.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 21, 2006, 05:36:24 pm
A trumpet sound is heard outside the Bar. Through the door lumbers a fairly hefty beast with 4 tusks. Its adorned in various forms of jewelry, and on its back is a velvet coated throne. Sitting on the throne is a Gryfon, who everyone knows of very well.

"My friends! Ahaha! Welcome, welcome to my bar! Please, enjoy the drinks and dancing girls, best in the sector!"

He motions for the beast to move to the table where the group is talking about Arcadia.

"Well my fellows, " the Gryfon says in a low tone, "I just overheard you talking about the fabled planet of Arcadia... and I want in."

Blinx the Omic looks at the outragiously dressed Gryfon and asks "How did you know about our conversation?"

The Gryfon replies eagerly. "Oh, my tiny friend, you must not know who I am! Well, I should make a formal introduction to all then, right? My name is Slack, and I am the propritor of this bar, among other things. As to how I knew about your little escapade, I also have a microphone inside every table. Its my bar, and I like to keep informed about my clientel."

The ViS Liszt-5 rolled his eye and said, "Ya, I was wondering when you'd get here. I was acctually expecting you sooner."

Slack took offence to this, seeing as Gryfon are rarely late, as its bad for buisiness and customer relations.

"Yes, well, I was detained by another sale. But Arcadia is known for its riches, and I beleive the effort I put into this will be worth its weight in gold. So you can either accept my help... or get out of my bar."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 21, 2006, 05:40:33 pm
Timesjai decides she has waited long enough and walks over closer to the group, to hear better and to be ready to make a comment at any second while still being unnoticed.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 05:52:18 pm
Lehnrin was standing in the background of the group, after the captain had accepted her offer of joining them although he said he'd see about the offer for the upgrades. She was just overcoming the shock of seeing the repungent profiteer slacks decadent entrance on that poor slave-beast, when she noticed some sort of mechanically enhanced warrior sitting in the corner. Although he seemed to be very interested in what the captain was saying he was making no attempt to introduce himself in fact he was trying to make himself appear small, trying but not succeeding he was massive! He was also obviously hungry judging by the sounds coming from his direction, walking over to the bar Lehnrin ordered a large meal and then approached the brute.

Hello, I'm Lehnrin can I get you something to eat?

The giant appeared to agree, or at least his stomach did

So..... What do you want with Arcadia?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 06:09:22 pm
I am the propritor of this bar, among other things.

Right. Do NOT do that again. Ever. I didn't say it was your bar, I didn't say that you could have 'hidden microphones' in the bar to magically listen in to other people's conversations. I'm willing to bet that you also did not get other people's permission to speak for their creatures. Please do not godmode.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 21, 2006, 06:14:58 pm
Wow... ok, I'm sorry... I just thought it would make the story a bit funnier, and help define the attitude of my character. My intention was not to godmod at all, I'm really sorry it came across like that. I know you're the guy in charge Daxx. I'll edit the post if you want.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 06:16:20 pm
Wow... ok, I'm sorry... I just thought it would make the story a bit funnier, and help define the attitude of my character. My intention was not to godmod at all, I'm really sorry it came across like that. I know you're the guy in charge Daxx. I'll edit the post if you want.

No, I'll let it stand this once. But remember, even for the sake of a flashy entrance you can't speak for other people or assume some major plot event without contacting me first.

*rewrites plot notes*

Edit: I apologise for sounding angry.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 06:17:12 pm
yeah but we can fill in logical responces to the conversation right, like Xarionis creature would readily accept a meal if he's hungry and his stomach rumbling so other charactors can tell, or my assumption that your charactor would allow someone who's willing to give his ship free upgrade ( I can't see it having any effect on the story) onto the mission. If not it makes writing kinda hard.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 21, 2006, 06:19:49 pm
I promise not to overstep again. I really just wanted to point out Slack's arrogance, sly charm, and extravagance. Slack also offers some of his wealth up to prep the ship. I also give permission to everyone to have limited control over Slacks reactions if it fits into your post.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 06:21:53 pm
yeah but we can fill in logical responces to the conversation right, like Xarionis creature would readily accept a meal if he's hungry and the guy says he is, and his stomach rumbling so other charactors can tell, or my assumption that your charactor would allow someone who's willing to give his ship free upgrade ( I can't see it having any effect on the story) onto the mission. If not it makes writing kinda hard.

Granted, but what can come across as logical to some people is often not to the other person. Above all, it's just polite. Now, small things you can probably get away with, but something like the offer of a free upgrade might not be accepted (remember the old guy is a bit kooky and is probably attached to his ship). The RP is more about character interaction than just writing.

Some advice - such things are not impossible, but it's polite to ask first. For example, the ownership of the bar was actually a minor plot point which I'll now have to re-write. If you'd PMed me about it, I might not have come across as so angry, and I would quite happily have made the same re-write.
If it feels like it could be a major change, ask first. Seeking permission is always better than asking forgiveness.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 06:23:16 pm
To be fair I did say your guy said he'd think about it, and as I'm sure we all know what that means when our parents say it ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 21, 2006, 06:24:51 pm
I agree asking for permission is important. I will change my post if you wish to go with your original bar-ownership plot.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 06:27:14 pm
I agree asking for permission is important. I will change my post if you wish to go with your original bar-ownership plot.

Nah, I've already re-written it. It wasn't that important anyway. Keep the post, it sure makes for a flashy entrance.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 21, 2006, 06:28:38 pm
OK Good night all or whatever the time may be where you live. I need to log off now and get some sleep. Play with you all tomorrow.  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 21, 2006, 06:29:30 pm
OK Good night all or whatever the time may be where you live. I need to log off now and get some sleep. Play with you all tomorrow.  :)

Yah, 2:30am doesn't make for good posting. See you guys tomorrow (later today, really).
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 21, 2006, 06:31:38 pm
Nah, I've already re-written it. It wasn't that important anyway. Keep the post, it sure makes for a flashy entrance.

That was definately the point lol. I'll try to tone things down a bit though so I'm not stepping on too many toes/flippers/tentacles.

IC:

Slack sits back in his throne and tosses a few grape-like fruit into his mouth as he waits for the discussion to continue.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 21, 2006, 06:47:50 pm
The beast gladly accepts his meal, and turns away, removing his mask, and eats quickly, before replacing his mask. Lehnrin probally would have caught a view of his horrifically burnt face.  "Thank you" in the Galactic language, before muttering, "'m needing work. I heard that there's alot of forests on Arcadia. 'm a forester." says the creature, in his raspy voice. " I am Quasqado..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 21, 2006, 07:12:07 pm
Lehnrin smiled at the beast

there is no need to hide your appearance from me, it takes more than that to shock me. But I'm afraid that you may not get much forestry work on Arcadia, however you might be able to find some other work...

She glanced breifly at the creatures huge claws

I think I might be able to get you some very profitable work and maybe afterwards if you're still looking for work I may be able to offer you another, more permanent job. I assume from your appearance that you've seen a fair bit of cobat, no? Well anway would you like something else to eat?

OOC: I'm also really tired, I might post when I get up tomorrow or it'll be after work, but It won't be for a while, night all
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 21, 2006, 07:12:53 pm
i added gaff's equipment. sorry if it seems to powerful, but he's supposed to be making up for his physical weaknesses with weaponry...but if it seems too much, i'll change it

and i'll write an intro after i talk to yokto  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 21, 2006, 07:54:20 pm
Ok, I got a picture of Slack drawn up, so heres Mr. Obnoxious himself:

(http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/TheNecromonicon/Slack.jpg)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 21, 2006, 08:44:04 pm
Does the crazy captain happen to be missing a leg? It would just help Dr. Przystan get on board.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 21, 2006, 09:00:46 pm
I wouldin't mind dissapearing for a while. Should I pm you where id like to appear or could you chose it? All I really want is to have crash landed in Arcadia. Also added some Nano-bot equipment.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Hydromancerx on June 21, 2006, 10:11:14 pm
Ok, I got a picture of Slack drawn up, so heres Mr. Obnoxious himself:

(http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/TheNecromonicon/Slack.jpg)

OOC: It looks like a playpus with 3 eyes.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 21, 2006, 10:12:09 pm
With an antenna!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 21, 2006, 10:15:02 pm
Ok, I got a picture of Slack drawn up, so heres Mr. Obnoxious himself:

(http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h209/TheNecromonicon/Slack.jpg)

OOC: It looks like a playpus with 3 eyes.

HAHA, go read his original description... he IS a platipus with three eyes! lol
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5250.msg161803#msg161803
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 21, 2006, 11:37:00 pm
Please remember Blinx isnt tiny. Shes fused to her mech suit, and shes coming to find a way out ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 22, 2006, 12:24:09 am
Does the crazy captain happen to be missing a leg? It would just help Dr. Przystan get on board.

I'm afraid the crazy captain has no legs.

Kratok, PM me your idea and I'll see what we can do with it.

*taps foot and waits for Krakow Sam*
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 22, 2006, 01:28:12 am
OOC: Sorry. I was tired, I needed sleep.  :P

With all the new arrivals Liszt had gone into a sort of trance. He decided to deal with them all in order.
"Mr Fiske. I do believe you about Arcadia. I feel certain the institute would not have sent me had they had the slightest suspicion it was a hoax. Doctor, I'm afraid I honestly cant tell you what happens to you, It would be too big a liberty on my part... incidentally could you sign this for me?... just to prove I met you, you understand, Aha.
Liszt turned to Lehnrin.
"My word! An actual Liche... Fascinating!"
Pulling out his multiscanner, he made few sweeps of the imposing being.
"Incredible."
Now turning to face the Gryfon
"And as for you sir, I dont believe Ive ever met you, but your voice throwing abilities are quite convincing."
Now, addressing the room at large.
"Greetings assorted...umm 'adventurers'. Now, we all know why we are all here. However, things must be done by the book. This expedition will be led by the Captain and I. If you wish to join our party, the Occam institute will pay each of you a sum of 25 thousand standard galactic credits. However, you must obey my orders and those of the captain without fail. There will be no freeloading, backstabbing, looting or betrayal. If you take the money and run, expect to be caught, and caught quickly. You may even dissapear without a trace.
Anyone wishing to sign up should consult me and the captain here"
Finished Liszt, a slight tremor entering his voice as the scornful gaze of a roomful of scarred aliens fell on him...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 22, 2006, 02:03:44 am
Shaking himself, Ic-Fiske stirred and was widly aware of his surroundings, "Everyone must wear pink. Pink jumpsuits. The lizards are afraid of pink. We must go buy some pink and some food. The jungles are alive, they'll kill you faster than anythig the Arcadians left behind."

The bar was empty now, the last of the other patrons had wandered off and the bartender had retired to the back room where, he reflected, cleaning glasses seemed to be the appropriate thing to do. Best not to disturb them - he'd seen his share of weird and they were weird.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 03:05:37 am
Dom was wondering around the city. He was starting to feel very hungry.
He only had 3 nutritablets left. And something in the back of his head said he should try to sweet talk some food instead of using the last of his tablets.
Walking around looking for food, not paying any attention to where he was going he found himself facing a shady looking bar.
The brown dwarf. He knows that if he walks thru the front he will be thrown out immediatly so he desides to walk around. Maybe there is a back door he can use.  ''maybe i can trade my wrench for a plate of steamed Jam fruits.'' :he thinks to himself.The thougt of having a plate of steamed Jam fruits made his stomach growl. He gathered all his courage and walked inside. The worst that could happen was that the bartender threw him out. Bartenders usualy throw out the beggers.
The bartender immediatly spots the big Centau and says: ''We dont serve ur kind here.''
As stubern as a child Dom walks up to the bartender and says: '' Trade wrench for food ? Dom work for food. Dom can fix things.''
The bartender sighs. If it werent that he had to deal with these sort of things everyday, he would actually let him work. He says: ''I'm srry man, i just run the place. I can't give u any food my boss will notice it and fire me.'' Dom looks at him with his big blue eye slightly turning his head. '' Dom no food ? Dom really hungry..Dom strong , Dom can work, Work for food''
The bartender remains silent and keeps cleaning his glasses. Dom drops his head and starts making his way out.


OOC : srry, i seem to be in a different time zone. U can write me out of the story if u think that would be easier. I understand cause 8 is easy to manage. 16 is an awfull lot:) But i will keep reading cause i like it so far  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 22, 2006, 03:17:38 am
Nah, just change your post so you went in via the back door of the bar.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 03:22:26 am
yes i noticed the small mistake to late  :)
But i'm happy u noticed  :D
wasn't really sure if anyone would  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 22, 2006, 03:31:57 am
The Auyuelcliad barman took pity on the poor creature. he really had nothing to give him and he couldn't very well just take something from the bar. He stopped Dom as he was walking out.

"Wait, tell you what - head out the front. It seems like someone's hiring for a job." He ushered Dom through the front and pointed out the strange group of creatures to him before retreating back through the door into the back room.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 03:43:34 am
Dom's heart jumped with joy.
''work'' Dom thougt. Without hesitating he ran up to the colourfull group.
He noticed that a strange man wearing a red worn out exo-suit was at teh center of everybody's attention.
He quickly wipes his hands clean and steps towards the man.
''Hi, i'm Dom. Dom can fix things. Dom very strong. Dom work for u ? ""
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 22, 2006, 03:59:58 am
Aww heck...  :( Darn that I didn't see this thread before... Sorry guys, I guess that it is to late for a new character?

 :'(
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 22, 2006, 04:05:55 am
Maybe Shix had a little Wexxian freind when he crashed into Arcadia.

Reposting and editing character

Dex 3
Str 18
Con 18
Wis 17
Int 11
Cha 8
Name: Zhix
Species: Plains Kratok

Zhix was always just a normal person, a ethologist, living the main-stream life, eating the mass produced grass, but he always held the starlight dream. The dream to fufill as a morpher, but ofcourse he never really got the chance to ever try, studying species and looking through textbooks for something nowone had yet. Life was hard after the Seperation of Kratok species, and Zhix depended almost everything thing on the Scion Complex. One day visiting the Scion Complex to try drugs on one experiment, he heard the old story of Arcadia, holding all types of treasures. Seeking out a worth, Zhix quickly went in search of the fabled planet, luckily stumbling upon the great planet. The last words heard of his were "Found unamed planet. Attempenting to land"At that point, his connection was somehow broken and lost, untraceble from the recording station. This was two years ago.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 22, 2006, 04:12:57 am
I think 17 characters would be pushing it a bit.  :-\
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 22, 2006, 04:15:37 am
I bet someone pretends to go crazy and kill someone, and its already been subtracted by 2 I think
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 04:20:01 am
I think, best is to let Daxx handle it  :)
He is the narator and GM it wouldn't suprise me if he had some plot going on....+ perhaps the people getting shot would mind  :D

But i know the Mataressan is out..Who else?
Cause it makes a good play to inform the players about that  :D IE who is the second one?  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 22, 2006, 04:27:46 am
Lehnrin was back in her private study, she'd left a credit note with the creature that called itself Quasimodo - muscles like that where a must on an expedition like this, looking through her notes on Arcadia. They where mainly guess work and refined rumours, however, they all hinted at fantastic technology and wealth on the temples of the planet, but, they also mention dangerous creatures and inventive traps. While her thermic blade could deal with most creatures individually she doubted that she'd be much use in combat, her staff of light would be advantageous too as would the necro dust, but most of the rest of her equipment was either too bulky, broken or so powerful it would probably trigger some of the more intricate sensor traps. Seeing that she was a tad under equipped she contacted an arms dealer with whom she held some influence over to get as many blade drones as he had.

OOC: right thats all your getting fom me for about 10 hours or so
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 22, 2006, 04:34:18 am
Look at it this way

Now, when its a: everyone in same thing rp: -Matirassan -Kratok

When we split up: +Wexxian +Kratok
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 22, 2006, 04:35:51 am
Does the crazy captain happen to be missing a leg? It would just help Dr. Przystan get on board.

I'm afraid the crazy captain has no legs.

Kratok, PM me your idea and I'll see what we can do with it.

*taps foot and waits for Krakow Sam*

this is indeed my last post for a while, but could the captain have a peg tentacle/flipper?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 04:51:24 am
Aaaah i get what u mean Kratok  ;D
good point  :) and thx for telling me who was teh secod one.
I have updated my char's bio. To keep things concistent + I've added a picture. I can't say i created it without help. I made a note of this where the picture is. Pls read the changes since they are fairly important for interacting with Dom.
And if someone can draw, and feel inspired feel free to change the picture. I will edit it and of course full credit to the author.
As long as u stay true to his biology  ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 22, 2006, 05:00:59 am
Grr. Okay, since you did PM me with a decent character description, the Wexxian can join later on when we meet the Kratok - imagine they're stranded together.

I must add that the Kratok does not know he's on Arcadia. No sensible creature really believes that it exists, let alone would actually go looking for it. Even Kal only found it by accident.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 22, 2006, 05:13:52 am
Oh, okay
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 22, 2006, 05:17:57 am
Thank you great and noble Daxx.

Name: Tagan-Enerva-59-2 "Axon"

(http://www.sporewiki.com/images/5/5d/Axon_the_New-Wexxan_1.JPG)

Race: New-Wexxian

Sex: Unisex

Class: The closest thing you ever would get to a Wexxian Spec-Ops.

Stats:

Dex 18
Str 9
Con 8
Wis 8
Int 18
Cha 4

Origin:
Axon grew up during the great split of the Wexxian species; some Wexxians schatered afther the destruction of the Originator to all corners of the galaxy trying to escape the memories of the Necromonicon war. The rest became known as the New-Wexxians and tried to rebuild their civilization. This proved difficult since most Wexxians lost all faith in their own race after the betrayal of Nemesis.

Without the Originator, things proved to be nearly hopeless, when it was captured and later destroyed the Wexxians lost their home and as the years passed they also lost the influence in the galaxy, after mere five years the Wexxians where forced to resign their seat in the CAB senate due to the fact that their species could no longer be classified as a civilization.

In the mids of all this; Axon was created. Axon spend his juvenile years in the ruined shipyards in the Thishen system and worked his way up to the position of "Protector of the species"
that important task involved among other things the protection of the Wexxian stations from space pirate attacks.  
I the last years he has been searching the galaxy for means to rebuilding the Wexxian society.
Recently he worked as a freelance pilot for Zhix and they have now crashed on Arcadia, they are however unaware of this fact!

Appearance:
Axon has no ordinary shell, instead he has transfered his entire programing to Nanobots there where previously used to cover a couple of old derelict Enforcer fighters. the nano-suit has the ability to change shape and Axon has previously used it to mimic other species in order to blend in with the crowd!

Special traits:
Descent mechanic (like most Wexxians), Avoids attention, Quiet, Owns his own ship (If you can call a New-Wexxian sloop a ship)

Inventory:
Shapeshifting nano shell, one standart Wexxian Pacifier Ionic gun (Stuns electric systems and pierce through weak personal shields, can also be used against biologicals for stunning them temporally), A more deadly space pirate blaster using illegal Zetromicas gas and finally a cloak for disguising his features (It takes a lot of concentration to look like a biological!)

Edit: Updated with a pic. Thanks again Daxx
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 22, 2006, 05:30:07 am
Jack, I think the way we're bringing you in is having you stranded with Kratok. If you guys want to get together and write a prologue, and adjust your character descriptions accordingly that would be great.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 22, 2006, 05:47:51 am
Ok I can be contacted in MSN with JackZetter@hotmail.com

But I am a littel busy right now!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 22, 2006, 07:05:31 am
Added the stuff Blinx is equipped with  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 22, 2006, 07:31:29 am
Liszt sat in the makeshift office serving as the Arcadia expendition's headquaters. He had used more of the institute's money to rent a warehouse in the complex which would serve as a recruiting office, storehouse and miscellaneous HQ. Several days had passed since the encounter at the bar. Everyone present at the time had eventually grudgingly accepted the terms of the expedition, and the mechanic Dom had been hired to repair Fiske's rather dilapidated freighter so it would be capable of an undertaking of this sort.
The others were all tying up various loose ends and gathering supplies for the journey. Some were still in the complex, others were offworld somewhere.
"No. I'm sorry, but we just dont need someone with your skills on this voyage. Maybe some other time" He said to a rather rotund and clearly inebriated Lermiun... forced politeness dripping from every sylable "Dont let me keep you... yes. Goodbye."
It was exasperating. News had got round that someone was paying volunteers 25k to participate in an expedition of some sort and every yahoo, conman, moocher and would be treasure hunter in the system had turned up to volunteer. Not a single one had yet been suitable. Liszt was beginning to worry he might have to hire one of these fools just so he would have a full crew roster...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 22, 2006, 07:35:24 am
I will be gone for about 24 hours from this point but once I get back I will be able to continue, so could you not have to much happen while I'm gone? Like let the actual leaving wait till I get back?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 22, 2006, 08:54:05 am
OOC: That Wexxian is awesome

The Scion Complex:

The Itchian watched the Auyuelclaid approah, clad in an the habit of an priest of Dhulami. Bloody Auyulelcliads! What the-? Was that body armour underneath? The Icthian doubted it.
"May the blessings of The Unspoken be upon you, Icthian Friend."
The Icthian's remaining eye turned slowly in its socket, not appearing to care that "The Blessings of The Unspoken"were upon him.
"Abandon Y' Weopons, show me your belongings, then bugger orf."
The Auyuelcliad placed his belongings on the table: the standard Auyuelcliad boiling bowl, medallion and Dhulami holy book. He also pulled out a collpassible Harrakai staff, not much of a suprise there. what was suprising was when he pulled out an old Xorentz Ripper Blast Precision Rifle, and several plates of light armour were revealed by under his habit by the motion of him searching in the bag he had on his back. The Icthian passed these objects through the scanner for registry.
"Now Bugger off."
The Auyuelcliad bowed, and carried on his way....he abruptly turned- tentacles moving him with practised ease.
"One last thing, I'm looking for an Icthian, his name is-"
"Fiske. The Brown Dwarf. Get lost."
The Auyuelcliad proceeded toward the pub, but first he would stop off at the resident Dhulami Shrine to pay his to worship. The religious sector appeared empty.....
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 22, 2006, 08:56:26 am
Quasqado read the crumpled up piece of paper in his hand, and checked to see if the address was correct. He slowly opened the door, and edged his way into the warehouse carefully, as he was rather large. He shuffled over to the desk of Liszt-5, clutching another piece of paper. He placed it on Liszt's desk. If Liszt were to read it, it would appear to be a job application, containing a name and list of skills.


Quasqado

Deforestation
Hard worker
Good at heavy lifting
Reading ability
Basic math
Willing to do anything to help.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 22, 2006, 10:08:50 am
Quasqado read the crumpled up piece of paper in his hand, and checked to see if the address was correct. He slowly opened the door, and edged his way into the warehouse carefully, as he was rather large. He shuffled over to the desk of Liszt-5, clutching another piece of paper. He placed it on Liszt's desk. If Liszt were to read it, it would appear to be a job application, containing a name and list of skills.


Quasqado

Deforestation
Hard worker
Good at heavy lifting
Reading ability
Basic math
Willing to do anything to help.

Liszt silently rejoiced. Not only was this behemoth which just walked into the room polite and sober, but if what was written on this piece of paper was true then he had exactly the skills needed. Those being: gargantuan strength and only moderate intelligence. That meant he would help out, and wouldnt spend half his time plotting ways to stab the rest of the party in the back and steal their belongings.
"Mr Quasquado. Welcome aboard". He said brightly. "You probably already know where we're going and what we plan to do there. So the next thing I want you to do is take this slip and find a Gryfon named Slack at the brown Dwarf bar on level four. He'll give you your basic equipment. When we need you again we'll signal you on your communicator. We'll most likely disembark in one or two rotations so dont go too far from the complex unless you have a sure way of getting back. You'll get your pay when we get back, as well as a cut of any mineral wealth we uncover. Goodbye Mr Quasquado."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 10:12:42 am
While Dom was repairing the freighter he thougt of how drasticaly his life has changed.
Only a couple of days ago he was walking from door to door,not knowing where he would sleep or when he would eat. Now he is repairing a ship that will take him on a treasure hunt.
He couldn't believe how kind the people were to him. He got a place to sleep , a job and they even gave him steamed jam fruits.
Dom couldn't be happier tinkering on the ship. A ship that was severly damaged. He could hear her talking to him. Telling him of the wonders she has seen. And that only encouraged him to work even harder. He still had a lot of work to do on the body of the ship  but, he already repaired the electric cicuits and the living quarters. He reinforced the cargo bay and made sure it could be sealed of from the rest of the ship. All that was left was to clean and repair the engine.
He knew she would fly. And she would be fast.

Dom looks around and notices a couple of torpedo's. He can't stop wondering if he should install them.

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 22, 2006, 10:14:02 am
MOVED
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 22, 2006, 10:18:42 am
Good job guys. Kal's pretty much going to be for comic relief and an IC plot device from now on, so you can organise yourselves. Remember I'm GMing the environment still, so don't take too many liberties. I'll still be determining the success of your plans.

And I'm sorry stuckin2004, but you're going to have to re-write that. Please don't speak for NPCs, and I did already tell you that Kal doesn't need prostheses.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 22, 2006, 10:19:31 am
OOC:Ok i'm finnally gonna get involoved in this

IC: "Interesting", thought the camoflauged xometrian on the ceiling (Xometrians can walk up walls and on ceilings like most insects due to adhesive pads on feet)"Very interesting". A thump is heard in is heard in front of the Ithican and a xometrians form appears
"I couldn't help hear all your conversations. Well actually I hear everything, and i am interested in joining your expedition. Ihave my own ship so i would not be crowding on yours. Of course, i must have a share in any profits"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 22, 2006, 10:22:57 am
Quasqado accepts the slip, and gives a slight nodding bow to Viszt-5. "Thank you, sir..." He shuffles out, looking over the slip he has been given. Thoughts run through his head. "Money when I get back. Hope I get back." He's seen some of the potential recruits, and they didn't seem very promising, in fact, most of them seemed to be quite inebriated. He lurches into the Brown dwarf, admist a few mutters of the patrons based on his appearance, and begins looking around for a three-eyed platypus. With an antenna.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 22, 2006, 10:25:08 am
Why does everyone have to show off with all this stealthy clandestine stuff. Theres been a recruiting office for this trip for several days now... besides, captain Fiske isnt really fit to manage something like this properly. So if he says anything it should be more  along the lines of: "Gah, I dunno. Go and see that slug in the warehouse! Now buy me a drink or leave me alone!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 22, 2006, 10:27:23 am
Tsem Muul returned from the more or less abandoned religious sector. After a short prayer, he had left, knowing that the Temple was just a farce, hiding a Black Diamond meeting place. Best to leave before he overheard anything. He had tangled with The Black Diamonds before, and did not wish to again. They had tailed him a short distance, then given up, knowing he wasn't Imperial.
 
He approached The Brown Dwarf....
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 22, 2006, 10:30:14 am
Can't we start this now? We have enough people on board for the trip and I can't wait for this to start! ;D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 22, 2006, 10:32:01 am
Why does everyone have to show off with all this stealthy clandestine stuff. Theres been a recruiting office for this trip for several days now... besides, captain Fiske isnt really fit to manage something like this properly. So if he says anything it should be more  along the lines of: "Gah, I dunno. Go and see that slug in the warehouse! Now buy me a drink or leave me alone!"
QFT. Was I the only one who actually went into the recruiting office?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 22, 2006, 10:34:59 am
OOC: We will start once veryone gets to the warehouse. Tsem is yet to find out about it.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 22, 2006, 10:39:53 am
makes scense, *waits for Tsem*
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 10:42:21 am
ooc: i am wondering if i can install torpedo's on my own ...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 22, 2006, 10:43:30 am
ooc: i am wondering if i can install torpedo's on my own ...

OOC: sure, go ahead. It might be amusing.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 22, 2006, 10:51:48 am
Yay! Now the ship has Torpedos and we can make boom-boom! :o
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 22, 2006, 10:54:43 am
Good job guys. Kal's pretty much going to be for comic relief and an IC plot device from now on, so you can organise yourselves. Remember I'm GMing the environment still, so don't take too many liberties. I'll still be determining the success of your plans.

And I'm sorry stuckin2004, but you're going to have to re-write that. Please don't speak for NPCs, and I did already tell you that Kal doesn't need prostheses.

Oh, sorry, I thought you said he didn't have arms, and I took that to mean limbs :( (Looked up an Icthian pic from Sporewiki.)

EDIT: In the process of re-writing, I didn't realize you were speaking for the Icthian.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 11:05:48 am
Dom picks up a 150 pound torpedo.
''If we are going on a treasure hunt, we should make u a proper pirate ship.'':he says to himself and with, what at best can be described as a smile on his face, he carries it into the ship.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 22, 2006, 11:14:41 am
Prologue for Pzhystan: (we're still in prologue, right?)

The streets of the Scion Complex were filled with the usual hustle and bustle of any typical black market. The streets were chaotic, yet predictable. A strange, distinguished looking creature was chatting in the Galactic Tongue with a civilian by a bar. Only snippets of the conversation were intelligible.

"There's this crazy captain in that bar over there, and I tell you, has he got a story!"
"Continue.."
"He says hes found a planet with dangerous beasts and untold treasures, one that now only exists in mythology, and doesn't appear on the charts."
"A New Planet!"

The Ptashek immediately jumped out of the crowd and began hovering. He soon returned to query about which bar the captain was in.

"The Brown Dwarf"
"Ah  yes, of course"

And with that he began searching for the captain. He entered the bar, and went wandering around, asking if anyone knew where Mr. Fiske was. (He learned of the name in one of the unintelligible parts of the conversation). Unfortunately, our dear old Mr. Fiske was nowhere to be found. In a deep depression, Dr. Pzhystan sulked outside. However, not far off, a child with a stunted language was fixing a ship. Dr. looked around nervously, he recognized that this must be the Captain's ship because of the severe damage visible on it. Hesitantly, he approached the creature.

"Hey, what's your name?" Pzhystan asked. The creature looked at him with a glazed look, slightly annoyed because he had interrupted his work. (OOC: I'm doing my best not to speak for anyone here)
Knowing just the trick, Pzhystan showed off his prosthetic upper-left limb, carefully going through each one of the gadgets, stopping at the wrench just long enough to catch the child's eye.
"Do you like it? Want to get one?"
The creature continued looking at the doctor, refusing to say anything.
"How about we make a deal. I'll make you one for yourself, and you get me a spot on the ship?"

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 11:16:05 am
Dom wanted to take the wrench so much. It was better then his old one. It was nice and shiney, he noticed how smooth the handle was. It wouldn't hurt his hands like the old wrench. And maybe the stranger would give him some jam fruits.
He likes jam fruits.

He opens his beek to say something but remains silent.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 22, 2006, 11:39:09 am
OOC: Done.

Dr. Pzhystan was stuck. This little, well actually quite big, creature had denied his offer for a swiss-army knife prosthetic! He quickly turned to his bag and said the names for the items inside just loud enough for the creature to hear.

"Laser...Necklace...Paraglider Tongue Sandwich...Red Olivenuts...Bilmprin...Jam...Fruits...Juice..."

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 11:43:40 am
''Jam fruits !''
Dom jumps up and walks after the stranger. While holding out his right hand he says:
''Jam fruits for Dom?'' ''Maybe give jam fruits and maybe.....sandwich?''

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 22, 2006, 11:51:44 am
<He speaks!> Thinks the doctor. <He seems to have understood me before, so I will speak to him regularly.>

"Yes, jam fruits. Do you want some? Finest on this side of the galaxy. But, you have to build me a secret space on the ship, and you mustn't tell anyone of it. In exchange, I'll buy you as much jam fuits as fit in my bag for the trip, and a few jam fruits a day until lift off"

Dr. Pzhystan hands him the jam fruits and the sandwich, paraglider tongue removed. With a quick analysis of the structure of this creature through the scanner in his swiss-army knife prosthetic, he recognized it as a herbivore.

"Tell me, what is your name?"

OOC: I have to go, catch up later.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 11:55:57 am
Dom's eye is fixated on the jam fruit and doesnt think twice about the deal.

He says: ''Dom. I'm Dom. Are u a stranger?''

OOC: C what happens  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 22, 2006, 12:12:37 pm
We should probably start assigning jobs to each member of the crew now. :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 22, 2006, 12:17:47 pm
OOC: Tsem is a decent fighter, not brilliant, but pretty handy.
I gave him higher Charisma and Wisdom, he can be a "Grandfather" figure with moral support.

Can Someone point out the warehouse to Tsem?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 12:20:58 pm
OOC: Well Blinx could be wondering aroudn in the city looking for a part? stumbling upon Tsem?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 22, 2006, 12:25:28 pm
OOC: Works for me.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 22, 2006, 12:31:15 pm
Ok you make Tsem stumble into Blinx and I'll reply, we can both arrive together! :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 22, 2006, 12:38:55 pm
Tsem turned away from the door,hand inches from the doorhandle. There had been a large, steady crashing behind him. He turned slowy, to face the massive towering Mech behind her. Shock gripped him for a moment- but inside, a tiny little creature, female, witha  look of terrible fear on her face.
"Greetings. I am Tsem Muul. You do not look like the regular kind of vagabond here. I suppose that i do not either. Are you- Are you here for Arcadia?"
OOC: I will have to carry on conversation tomorrow.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 12:40:05 pm
OOC : Srry  ;D i think i misunderstood again. My english can be a little ''off'' . srry  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 22, 2006, 12:49:42 pm
"I think we'll find mr.Fisk this way" she says, which was enough of an answer,"follow me" she turns around and walks off. Leaving Tsem to run after the towering mech. She didn't seem like much of a socailizer, a bit of a loner. He wondered what she would want with this quest.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 22, 2006, 12:56:34 pm
OOC: can my guy just be in the warehouse ready to go. I've been away abit but i will be able to post more soon
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 22, 2006, 01:06:32 pm
The recruitment had been going a little more smoothly. Shortly after Quasado left a Xometrian had crawled in through the window and volunteered to serve as a scout-type. Liszt was in the middle of checking over an inventory of equipment when the door opened and two figures entered.
"if youre here about Arcadia you should know were only taking on board people with useful skills. We dont need singers, gamblers, drug runners or tax evaders trying to freeload off..." he said, before glancing up. "Oh! Excuse me! What may I do for you father? And what a nice mech-suit youre wearing. Miss...?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 22, 2006, 01:19:56 pm
The cyborg replies quite angrily, "I am not "miss" and the mech is not "nice" thats what I'm here for, I want to take it off, be free of the cold metal... or die" she pauses. "Recruiting me will be a good move, I would rather die than fail, I am also well equipped as you can see." She leans forward to be face to face. " "Please", can you let me in? Oh, and the names Blinx." :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 22, 2006, 01:53:12 pm
Pzhystan looks upon the creature with curiosity, debating what the right answer should be. Finally, he comes up with:
"No, I am a freind."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 22, 2006, 01:57:46 pm
Friend is a good word.
Dom offers him a giant hand.


OOC: its pretty late , so one more answer. The rest tomorow  :)
        If u need things to speed up u can finish the rest of the conversation..just say i shaked hands , and pointed u to lizt.
        Yea different timezone and all. Was good fun man  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 22, 2006, 02:13:21 pm
The cyborg replies quite angrily, "I am not "miss" and the mech is not "nice" thats what I'm here for, I want to take it off, be free of the cold metal... or die" she pauses. "Recruiting me will be a good move, I would rather die than fail, I am also well equipped as you can see." She leans forward to be face to face. " "Please", can you let me in? Oh, and the names Blinx." :D
"Certainly, I think we could use someone with your... ummm, 'skills' on a dangerous expedition like this. Take this slip to the Gryfon named Slack at the Brown Dwarf bar. He'll issue you with a communicator and any other equipment you may need."
Liszt turned to the Auyuelcliad. "Now, what are you here for father? Trying to dissuade me from running this expedition? Or something else?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 22, 2006, 02:19:59 pm
Friend is a good word.
Dom offers him a giant hand.


OOC: its pretty late , so one more answer. The rest tomorow  :)
        If u need things to speed up u can finish the rest of the conversation..just say i shaked hands , and pointed u to lizt.
        Yea different timezone and all. Was good fun man  :D

Pzhystan took the hand, and hovered with the up and down motion of the giant swing. Dom then pointed to a ViS, a ViS 1.21, judging by the looks of it. What was that in hs hands, though? An Occam Multiscanner! The prized possession of any good xenoscientist. Coming from similiar fields, he knew they would get along right away. He said goodbye to Dom and handed him a jam fruit. Then he proceeded toward Liszt.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 22, 2006, 02:23:39 pm
Friend is a good word.
Dom offers him a giant hand.


OOC: its pretty late , so one more answer. The rest tomorow  :)
        If u need things to speed up u can finish the rest of the conversation..just say i shaked hands , and pointed u to lizt.
        Yea different timezone and all. Was good fun man  :D

Pzhystan took the hand, and hovered with the up and down motion of the giant swing. Dom then pointed to a ViS, a ViS 1.21, judging by the looks of it. What was that in hs hands, though? An Occam Multiscanner! The prized possession of any good xenoscientist. Coming from similiar fields, he knew they would get along right away. He said goodbye to Dom and handed him a jam fruit. Then he proceeded toward Liszt.
I'm assuming that Dom led Pzhystan to the warehouse at some point?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 22, 2006, 02:26:19 pm
Dom pointed to the warehouse and Liszt was there behind the window, so Pzhysan took it to meant that he was pointing at the ViS. (Ptashki have good eyesight).
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 22, 2006, 02:29:11 pm
good enough  ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 22, 2006, 02:42:42 pm
Lehnrin looked at the warehouse and, still wondering if she would later regret this, walked in through the front door. She noticed that the Vis was preoccupied with a small group of other would-be adventurers, she sighed and leaned against a wall, to wait until things had quietened down.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 22, 2006, 03:05:28 pm
ooc:sorry i've been so long, i was at a friend's house...btw yokto approved the next part

ic: With a preoccupied mind, the hurrying Gaff did not notice the Aethirian standing in the middle of the crossing, and the two fell to the ground when they collided. As theygot back up to their feet, Gaff noticed that the Aethirian was extra apologetic. "You alright there, pal?" Gaff asked.
"Sorry, I'm new here, don't know anyone."
"Well, my name's Gaff, bounty hunter. Pleased to meet you"
"Thank you, I'm Redblood."
"Hey, if you've got nothing to do, I hear this old Itchian found a planet full of tresure, and he's recruiting a crew to go back there...I was actually on my way there just now; I want to try and join before it's too late." Gaff paused for a moment. "Hey, why don't you come with me?"
"Thank you, I'd like that very much"
And so Redblood and Gaff headed off to the recruitment office...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 22, 2006, 03:12:39 pm
OOC: Ok I have update my character with picture. Not a very good one but i have to do. I was almost going to trow it out but hay i semi promist a picture.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 22, 2006, 03:16:28 pm
OOC: Ok I have update my character with picture. Not a very good one but i have to do. I was almost going to trow it out but hay i semi promist a picture.
:o

Thats pretty awesome for a 'not very good' picture.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 22, 2006, 03:30:24 pm
OOC: Ok I have update my character with picture. Not a very good one but i have to do. I was almost going to trow it out but hay i semi promist a picture.
:o

Thats pretty awesome for a 'not very good' picture.

OOC: Nice of you to say so. I may try to improve the picture later. Try to color it.



IC: Walking with Gaff to the recruitment office Redblood asked.

"Wear did you learn Othyxiran? You do not look like any Æthiran i have seen even if you have 4 arms. Do you have one of those magic boxes that tells you what to say?"

OOC: Othyxiran comes in several diffrent dialects depending on social status. Almost no none Æthiran speaks Othyxiran but it do happen. Is common for uneducated workers like Redblood to not know what hightech technology is and often call is magic. Computers are magic for Redblood for example. Even a calculator.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 22, 2006, 03:36:16 pm
"Wear did you learn Othyxiran? You do not look like any Æthiran i have seen even if you have 4 arms. Do you have one of those magic boxes that tells you what to say?"
[/quote

"Oh, I'm no Aethirian, my friend... I'm a torpal; my race has four arms too." Gaff replies. And previously unaware of Redblood's lack of technical knowledge, Gaff smiles to himself, as he says "And yes, I do have one of those magical boxes."

A few minutes later, the two reach the recruitment office, and step inside to speak to the ViS...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 22, 2006, 03:45:24 pm
When Dr. Pzhystan steps inside the warehouse, he enters a line five beings long, behind some four armed creatures. He does a quick scan of them. His mind hears Torpal and Aethiran (remember that the scanner is linked to a prosthetic which is linked to his mind). However, his vision is soon overcome by a picture of the Aethiran. "Some cybernetic enhancements. One deactivated. Other's usese unknown." He takes this creature to either have a good relationship with other cyberneticists, or to be quite intelligent himself. Doing what he usually does, he switches through the various modes of his prosthetic while waiting in line.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 22, 2006, 04:16:46 pm
Lehnrin sighed again as another creatur joined the line, she wanted to be able to discuss her involvement with the Vis directly, without having other listening in.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 22, 2006, 04:23:58 pm
Luckily for you Ptashki don't have sensitive ears.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 22, 2006, 04:26:02 pm
he'd have a tough job scanning through a sheilding device that is supposed to prevent scanners from penetrating.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 22, 2006, 04:45:49 pm
That too, especially since he never scanned through said shield.

*Couldn't tell if you knew he never scanned you're shield*
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 22, 2006, 04:55:49 pm
Up in the Brown Dwarf's back room, Slack is preparing for the trip.

"Ahhh, it will be good to get some fresh air. I haven't felt real earth under my feet since I was a young slug."

His mount beast made a grunt. Slack pistol whipped its head.

"Hey, I don't like your attitude. I ride on you, and you get fed. So stop complaining. Fetch me that spanner."

The mount waddled over and picked up the spanner, carried it to Slack, and dropped it again.

"Be careful you stupid creature! Do you know how much this cost me? You better pray I find something on this trip, or I'll be forced to sell you... and they may not be as forgiving as I am."

The beast stood there glaring at Slack, scared by the idea of being sold to an even crueler owner.

"Thats better. Now thats everyone has their equipment, we may depart. I'd bring you along, but as we've discussed before, you're too much of a burden. I've left Lax in charge, you like him don't you? Very good. Now let me on, we'll go meet with Lax, drop me off at the docking bay, and you'll go back with him. As if you had a choice. Come on."

Slack climbed on top of the mount, which was loaded in various bags carrying equipment, and the two made their way out the door.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 22, 2006, 06:19:16 pm
Well good night all. See you to morrow.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 23, 2006, 12:37:15 am
Up in the Brown Dwarf's back room, Slack is preparing for the trip.

"Ahhh, it will be good to get some fresh air. I haven't felt real earth under my feet since I was a young slug."

His mount beast made a grunt. Slack pistol whipped its head.

"Hey, I don't like your attitude. I ride on you, and you get fed. So stop complaining. Fetch me that spanner."

The mount waddled over and picked up the spanner, carried it to Slack, and dropped it again.

"Be careful you stupid creature! Do you know how much this cost me? You better pray I find something on this trip, or I'll be forced to sell you... and they may not be as forgiving as I am."

The beast stood there glaring at Slack, scared by the idea of being sold to an even crueler owner.

"Thats better. Now thats everyone has their equipment, we may depart. I'd bring you along, but as we've discussed before, you're too much of a burden. I've left Lax in charge, you like him don't you? Very good. Now let me on, we'll go meet with Lax, drop me off at the docking bay, and you'll go back with him. As if you had a choice. Come on."

Slack climbed on top of the mount, which was loaded in various bags carrying equipment, and the two made their way out the door.
Well, we could leave if a certain priest hadnt slipped into a coma while waiting in line  ::)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 23, 2006, 12:41:34 am
Now that everthing had settled down, and most of the noisier drunks had cleared off, Lehnrin walked over to the Vis and sat down at the desk.

I wish to go on this expedition also, I have had a great deal of experience with ancient ruins and the kind of security measures that there might be. I am not interested in the profit or the pay, but I do want access to whatever it is that the Vis are looking for. If you'll agree to this then I'll meet you at the launch, well!?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 23, 2006, 12:52:13 am
"Well, it would certainly be an honour to have someone of your experience with us.... however, things must be done by the book. If you want to come on this expedition you must agree to become a temporary employee of the Occam institute like the others... I know you arent interested in the pay, but you can always give it away to some good cause when you recieve it" Said Liszt to the Liche "Is that acceptable?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 23, 2006, 12:59:10 am
Lehnrin nearly laughed when the Vis mentioned giving money to a 'good cause' , this was the scion complex after all.

Now look I know someone like you would not be going to Arcadia unless the Vis government beleived that there was something worthwhile there, all i want to know is what it might be and a guarantee that I cantake away some of the more exotic tech we find there, I'm not just some muscle for hire after all.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 23, 2006, 01:05:02 am
Arriving at the ship, Slack uses his manipulative powers to force his mount and his loyal employee, Lax, to make his bunk for him. He then says a final goodbye to them both, as Lax rides the mount out of the bay. Turning to the other members of the voyage, who are busy loading other supplies and making sure the ship is space-worthy, he lets loose some flagrant and wholely expected remarks about how good a job they're doing, and how he'd help if he was stronger and had a better back. He tells them to wake him when the ship is ready to leave, and waddles off to go lay in his bed and scheme.

OOC: Right now Slack isn't incredibly useful, he's already donated a lot to get supplies for the trip and beleives he's done all he needs to do for now. But later on I can gauruntee he'll be quite a humorous pain-in-the-butt, and hopefully his charm and aim will help them out if they encounter any hostile situations, and less-than-friendly ancient peoples ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 23, 2006, 01:12:13 am
Kal walked out of the warehouse at a slow drudge, brushing past the ViS. "I'll not be too long, just going to the water levels to get out of this damn suit. I need to swim again. Tell me when you want to leave, I trust your organising is going well." He paused. "I might see if I can find someone to sell me some boiled privet bushes for lunch."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 23, 2006, 02:05:40 am
Liszt sighed
"Very well, I'm sure the institute will allow you to keep some of the technology, but its really not for me to decide... we can sort it out when we return... if we return. We should be departing shortly, we'll meet at Fiskes ship."
As the Liche left the room Liszt glanced up and saw too muscular four-armed creatures looking down at him.
"Youre both hired", he said automatically. "Take the slips, find captain Fiskes freighter, wait until were ready to leave. Thank you, goodbye". He couldnt wait until all this tedious hiring was over and he could actually get some real work done.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 23, 2006, 02:06:43 am
OOC: Well im back so you all know.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 23, 2006, 02:46:55 am
OOC: Oh i thougt the warehouse was next to the place where the ship was :D
       
        Stuckin2004 actually u promised Dom a whole lot of jam fruit + a wrench ...that was the deal  :D u should give me those
        so i can upgrade my gear  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 23, 2006, 08:53:22 am
"Dissuade you from your quest? Precisley the opposite. I have come to join. You wonder what use i would be. I served in the Serenthir Legions, and learned alot about guerilla warfare, and fighting in jungle conditions. I know a little of medicine, but nothing major. I speak several precursor languages, although i do not know if  i can understand The Arcadians. My motives are simply to aquire knowledge. May i join you, Noble ViS?"
OOC: i had to sleep and go to school!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 08:55:20 am
"Dissuade you from your quest? Precisley the opposite. I have come to join. You wonder what use i would be. I served in the Serenthir Legions, and learned alot about guerilla warfare, and fighting in jungle conditions. I know a little of medicine, but nothing major. I speak several precursor languages, although i do not know if  i can understand The Arcadians. My motives are simply to aquire knowledge. May i join you, Noble ViS?"
OOC: i had to sleep and go to school!

What timezone are you in? I am Irish so I'm GMT.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 23, 2006, 09:03:58 am
OOC: GMT, i get back from school at four, and i have a paper round in the morning. The thread had stopped being updated after i posted Tsem meets Blinx, so i thought i'd slip off for a bit.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 23, 2006, 09:04:39 am
"Dissuade you from your quest? Precisley the opposite. I have come to join. You wonder what use i would be. I served in the Serenthir Legions, and learned alot about guerilla warfare, and fighting in jungle conditions. I know a little of medicine, but nothing major. I speak several precursor languages, although i do not know if  i can understand The Arcadians. My motives are simply to aquire knowledge. May i join you, Noble ViS?"
OOC: i had to sleep and go to school!
"Oh? Hmmm. Most Dhulam priests seem opposed to just about everything. They were always objecting to one thing or another back on Azuron. We could certainly use someone of your experience though. Welcome aboard. The group will gather shortly at Fiske's Freighter. Youll recognise it, its the one held together with adhesive bonding strips and multicable."
Liszt turned his attention to the last remaining person in the room. The Ptashek doctor.
"You'll have to excuse me sir, but I dont even know what species you are. I assume youre here about the expedition?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 23, 2006, 09:45:14 am
OOC: While we wait...

Tsem moves away from the Desk, bowing deeply. He spots the giant mech again (with ease) and moves over to amke conversation.
"Excuse me, small one. May you honour with knowledge of your current situation? You seem sorrowfull."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 09:50:14 am
She sighs, "I am fused to this mech, and I want to be free, I am an exile among my own species, the Omic. I no longer see through my eyes but through the mechs, I feel pain through the mech, but it is difficult for me to die." she pauses "I just want to get out, and breath again, and sleep, and eat.... And I no longer want to rush to a socket to recharge myself in fear of becoming paralyzed, but still alive..... I am cursed"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 23, 2006, 09:55:00 am
"I too, am cursed. I lost my Wife, my son to Draani attack. I am cursed with a questioning nature, yet i pine for enlighentment. I drift, with no purpose. You are lucky, there may be Technology to help you; nothing can save me."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 10:08:56 am
"I too, am cursed. I lost my Wife, my son to Draani attack. I am cursed with a questioning nature, yet i pine for enlighentment. I drift, with no purpose. You are lucky, there may be Technology to help you; nothing can save me."

"For us, it doesn't seem like much of a happy journey..." for a second she smiles, then it dies away "if there is something that could save me in Arcadia, maybe there is something that could save you?" although they both know that it is not true, there is no hope for Tsems family. The cyborg kneels down and looks at her body, "I see myself, from outside my body, you have no idea how weird this is" Tsem looks too, he realizes that the Omic apperas to be in a coma, and is only displaying facial expressions, the voice is coming from speakers. "I gotta go, em, recharge" she says, and leaves the room.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 23, 2006, 11:17:20 am
Timesjai decided from all the observations made that the trips pro's outweighed its con's and decided toask the ViS to join the voyage.

Greetings, I am Timejai. I heard that you are searching for expertise for your trip, and I am willing to lend my services to your voyage. I am able to help out in just about any circumstance you will come about during this mission. If I come I would be glad to help with any problems that you may come across. My procedures are simple and efficent enough to be worth your while.

Timesjai waits for a responce from the ViS.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 23, 2006, 11:20:00 am
OOC: Blinx and Tsem are becoming unlikely friends.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 11:21:27 am
OOC: Blinx and Tsem are becoming unlikely friends.

yeah thats cool, I quite like that addition to the story.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 23, 2006, 11:25:00 am
Same here, it works out better if characters like/dislike otehrs in the party.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 11:36:20 am
Yeah, I wouldn't have liked my original plan of Blinx being a loner as much... Although shes not used to the concept of friends anymore.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 23, 2006, 12:13:35 pm
Timesjai decided from all the observations made that the trips pro's outweighed its con's and decided toask the ViS to join the voyage.

Greetings, I am Timejai. I heard that you are searching for expertise for your trip, and I am willing to lend my services to your voyage. I am able to help out in just about any circumstance you will come about during this mission. If I come I would be glad to help with any problems that you may come across. My procedures are simple and efficent enough to be worth your while.

Timesjai waits for a responce from the ViS.
"Well miss Timejai... I'm not sure we have any use for a confidence trickster on this expedition. Do you have any skills which might transfer to a 'deadly jungle containing the ruins of an ancient race' scenario? Youve also cut in fron tof this gentleman... whose species I'm not entire familiar with so quite possibly isnt a gentleman... or indeed a lady"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 23, 2006, 12:41:07 pm
A Xometrian comes through the doorway to the warehouse.He pauses momentarily before walking silently to the grouop, introduces himself, and begins to listen
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 23, 2006, 01:14:46 pm
Dr. Pzhystan was still waiting patiently in line. He remembered his patience training from when he was a child. But, we're all mortal, and he began fiddling around in his bag. He soon touched cold Saari alloy, and realized that he forgot to give Dom the wrench. He quickly flew to Dom and gave him the wrench, plus a few pounds of jam fruit on the side.

"I'll be right back, freind."

He then flew back to reclaim his place in the line before someone else did.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 23, 2006, 01:29:30 pm
After making sure everyone thinks he's asleep, Slack decides to use his size to his advantage and get a good look at the ship, and his crewmates. Slowly he climbs through the wiring to the top hatch, and pulls himself on top of the ship, several stories above the rest of the group. He crawls over to the side, pulls out a pair of binoculars, and looks down at his new shipmates. He then begins to acertain their strengths, weaknesses, and their price range.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 23, 2006, 01:32:52 pm
A Xometrian comes through the doorway to the warehouse.He pauses momentarily before walking silently to the grouop, introduces himself, and begins to listen
Oh... I already mentioned I hired your character a few posts back... I thought its what you wanted  :-\

"Ah, sir, why dont you introduce yourself while this young lady is mulling over my question" Said Liszt to Dr. Pzhystan
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 23, 2006, 01:58:44 pm
A Xometrian comes through the doorway to the warehouse.He pauses momentarily before walking silently to the grouop, introduces himself, and begins to listen
Yeah, im just there to listen to other people
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 23, 2006, 02:08:01 pm
"Very well, then. I am from a race of creatures that still are not on the Species Archives. That is to say, I am the only one of my species to have been in contact with other beings. I am an exiled biological engineer, and finished the top of my class.  I was picked up by a convoy heading here while I was exiled on the asteroid belts. I came to the Scion Complex to perform experiments, and maybe sell them, to beings. I also specialize in advanced prosthetic/cybernetic design, as you can see here. *switches through modes of Swiss Army knife prosthetic, here-on to be called SAK* Thus, the Scion Complex lets me install prosthetics without restrictions on those willing to pay. Also, trained in biology, and from my stay here, xenobiology, I can perform basic medicinal procedures with the aid of my prosthetic arm.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 23, 2006, 02:29:36 pm
Yes, I have a few, what do you have in mind?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 23, 2006, 02:38:04 pm
"Well, since you seem reasonably honest I'll give you a chance" He said to the Ryndalian

"Well, since we need a medic I wont ask too many questions about why you were exiled or what sort of experiments you perform here. Ah, it appears we have a full compliment of crewmembers. If youd both care to accompany me to the ship, we can leave as soon as possible."
He said to the Doctor

At the press of a button on the multiscanner, the entire contents of the office begin to shift and move until it packs itself into a medium sized trunk-like case, which Liszt picks up as he begins to leave the warehouse.

"Life has certainly been easier since my people discovered a limited form of dimensional trancendance. Neat isnt it? The interior volume of this trunk is around 80 times that of its exterior size. It also has gravitational dampers to reduce the weight" He explained to the curious doctor as they walked up to the ship.
"Everyone seems to be here... the only person missing is Lehnrin"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 23, 2006, 02:47:09 pm
Waiting behind Gaff the Torpalian Bounty Hunter Bloodred the Æthiran Renegade try to figure out what was going on but did not get wiser.

Bloodred tough to him self : "I hope that Arcadia is far away from the Æthiran Empire. I never want to see a nother Technomance againr."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 23, 2006, 03:07:57 pm
"Interesting, dimensional transcendance, you say? Maybe this technology can be used with SAK prosthetics to make for an even larger array of options. Let's see, the parts can be put into smaller compartments, weapons larger than the armcan be put in. Of course, gravitational dampening...

It is evident no  one cares what he is saying, but he continues. The doctor's voice trails off into his own Ptashki language as he starts sketching possible designs in his head. He boards the ship and makes himself comfy. Luckily, he is only 3 feet tall, so his space is more than enough.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 03:13:52 pm
A few hours later the doctor hears a knock on the door, "hello? Is there a doctor in there?" the doctor opens the door and looks up, he sees a 2 metre tall mech looking back down. "uh, hello? I was wondering if you could take a look at a certain strange condition of mine..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 23, 2006, 03:20:59 pm
The doctor looks up. It was as if the entire body was one prosthetic!

"Uhh.... What can I do for you?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 03:24:54 pm
Blinx leans down "I was just wondering if you could tell me if it would evr be possible to seperate my real body from this mech" the visor goes down and the doctor gasps, now that he could see through the tinted glass he saw that inside was the body of a small, rodent like creature in a vegetative state. "well?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 23, 2006, 03:35:49 pm
"Sweet [Ptashki equivalent of a religious character]!," the doctor yelled. "I have always put on prosthetics, yet never put them on. This will be quite a daunting task, might I say. Unfortunately, I am unable to help you. I would have to have a full lab with technology most do not even fully understand today. I am sorry my freind. To remove prosthetics, or in your case, a mech suit, is no easy task, I'd have to operate on your brain, limbs, etc... Again, the procedure is still not well researched today."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 03:43:37 pm
"Oh..." she was quite clearly extremely dissapointed. She simply stood up and slammed the door closed. The floor shook as the monstrous cyborg returned to her room.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 23, 2006, 03:50:14 pm
Sensing that departure is close, Slack crawls back into the ship and jumps into his bunk just as he hears heavy metallic footsteps outside in the main hall. Listening closely he overhears a conversation between two of his crewmates about the mech Omic being fused to her suit, a fact he had missed on his earlier intrusions.

"Interesting," he thought with a grin. He looks at his fat, weak body, and his scrawny limbs. "This trip may already have been worth it. If we can get her out of her suit, I could buy it from her cheap... and be UNSTOPPABLE!"

OOC: Yes, Slack is a bastard  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 23, 2006, 03:55:01 pm
The doctor was dissapointed with himself. He looked at the ship and at their destination, debating the true meaning. Then, the doctor jumped up. He burst out the door toward the poor rodent. He tapped it on the shoulder, then flew in front of its face, for it probably could not sense the tap.

"I think I've found a solution. You may have to wait until Arcadia, though."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 23, 2006, 03:59:19 pm
Tired of wait and thinking that his companion Gaff have forgoten why they came Redblood try to find who is in charge at the place.

Redblood tough to him self: "Well i hope someone else have one of those magic boxes* so i can speak with them"

OCC: Universal Translator or smiler tool for those that do not follow what Redblood is thinking about.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 23, 2006, 04:00:30 pm
Liszt's voice emerges from the ship's intercom

"Ahem. Attention. This is Liszt-5, the expedition organiser speaking. As  all of us are on board, with one exception, we will be departing in 30 standard galactic microrotations (30 minutes). Please do not leave the ship. . I predict the hyperspace journey to arcadia may take up to 6 rotations, so we had all better get to know each other."

Edit: It turns out Lehnrin was on board all along  ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 04:02:52 pm
"What?! what! Tell me now!" she shouted angrily. The doctor of course, was a little taken aback, but hey, she'd been in there about 5 years!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 23, 2006, 04:05:08 pm
OOC: I hope Lehnrin is aboard, and isn't the one your talking about because otherwise this'll sure sound sdumn

Lehnrin relaxed on the bunk her scouts had prepared for her, before they left to persue their own goals, this will be an interesting journey, to say the least.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 23, 2006, 04:06:44 pm
"Calm yourself, metal one. Clear your mind and focus on the destination, what we are here for, Arcadia. The myths surrounding this place concern mythical beasts and dangerous jungles, but also of an ancient civilization with technologies not yet known. So.. all we have to do is find the equivalent of a hospital, probably set it up as our base of operations, and hope for some seemingly unrelated ancient technology to fall into our laps. Then we may begin the operation.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 04:11:14 pm
"I hope for your sake you're right" she said, though they both knew this was an empty threat.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 23, 2006, 04:11:28 pm
OOC: Is it me or haven not one taken any intrest in the 2 4 armed creatures that where waiting for employment? (with the exception of Ptashki who scanned us.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 23, 2006, 04:12:17 pm
Liszt hired them immediately... they should be on the ship now.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 23, 2006, 04:15:19 pm
Liszt hired them immediately... they should be on the ship now.
OOC: Good for i never saw that Liszt hire them.


IC: Redblood continue to look for someone to talk to.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 23, 2006, 04:16:23 pm
Not one to back down from verbal abuse, he grumbled, "I'm not the one to be operated on, with my whole life in someone else's hands. So I suggest we come to freindly terms. I'm Dr. Pzhystan." He put out his E.T. hand.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 23, 2006, 04:25:14 pm
Lehnrin could hear her fellow ship mates bickering throught the thinpartition that had been hastely errected, she was temped to go out into the corridor and threaten them both with a painful death if they didn't keep quite, but wahat was the point?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 04:43:45 pm
"Blinx" she smiled slightly, the first time he saw her smiling. "One of the last Omics that hasn't been served as a starter in a fancy restaurant."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 23, 2006, 04:47:01 pm
Location: The cockpit of the survey vessel 13235-G

"Aw heck..." Axon sveared  loudly and turned the internal communication on;
"Strap yourself down back there Doc, this is going to be a rough landing!" seconds later a voice replied through the communicator;
"I am an ethologist, NOT a doctor! And besides..."
"I don't give a Omic what you are! Strap yourself down NOW!"

The cockpit shock violently and Axon fought hard to keep their descend under control.

"What are you doing to the ship you maniac?" the communicator shouted at him.

"Shut up and let me drive!" Axon yelled into the com.

The ship was now seriously out of controll and was spinning around in at least three different directions. The viewscreen shifted constantly from space to a dangerously close planet.

The cockpit door opened and Zhix, Axons Kratok employer, stumbled in and strapped himself into the seat behind him.

"What happened?" he asked

"We are about to die horribly!"

"Oh... So the usual situation then!" Zhix replied again.

Axon pushed some butons on the left side of the cockpit and a monitor warned that the shield was down.

"What are you doing now" Zhix was now rather nervous about the situation.

"We are going to hit the planet in two minutes... the engines have set out and we have one last way of surviving; The Flan-Cron maneuver!"

What the heck is that?"

"A pilot named Flan Cron was attempting to crash land on a planet like this his maneuver involved closing down all unnecessary systems and diverting all power to the shield and the Inertia dampeners! right before he hit the ground, thus surviving!"

"And It worked?"

"Not really, he died in a enormous explosion, but there has to be a first for everything, right?"  

Zhix did not even have time to say his opinion of this insane plan before...

"Alright, here goes; Shield UP!"

...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 04:52:04 pm
Yay my species is a swear! ;D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 23, 2006, 04:55:07 pm
Redblood heard form a odd sounding voice in a strange lingo

"Yay my species is a swear! ;D "

"I wounder what that means" He thought to him self.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 23, 2006, 04:56:46 pm
Yay my species is a swear! ;D

I had to think of something small and insignificant so...

I hope your not offended, I realy love the Omics  ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 05:01:26 pm
No I love the idea! Now we have our first fanfic swear! :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 23, 2006, 05:08:47 pm
OOC:

Son of an Omic
You mother Omic
Kiss my Omic
Omic off
Why don't you go suck an Omic

Please don't ban me  ::)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 23, 2006, 05:12:51 pm
OOC: Intresting, sounds like a trend....
Also Timesjai is onboard just to mention.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 23, 2006, 05:17:27 pm
Now everyone will know my species name! (But not in a good way :D)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 23, 2006, 05:28:44 pm
"Interesting perception of your species. I am the only Ptashek that has flown the coop. Get it? It's a pun, right? See, I fly, and I left the solar system! Ah, Ptashki humor is not held in very high esteem here, I guess. Anyways, nice to meet you. I'll be retreating to my quarters now." And with that he withdrew into his quarters, and fell asleep, though tense with anticipation for the planet.

EDIT: I know that we lifted off. This is his parting words with Blix.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Clayface on June 23, 2006, 05:29:02 pm
OOC:

Son of an Omic
You mother Omic
Kiss my Omic
Omic off
Why don't you go suck an Omic

Please don't ban me  ::)
It's like the smurfs  ;D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 23, 2006, 05:32:04 pm
Redblood continue to wander around and see if he can find something intersting.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 23, 2006, 05:51:38 pm
Timesjai is currently looking around the area, taking note of inventory, quality of equipment, recording conversations for study, etc....
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 23, 2006, 06:06:14 pm
Well i have to go to bed. As i will probably no be able to be online that mush tomorrow i give Krakow Sam the right to handle Redblood if he need. I'm sure he will do a excellent job. Good luck all.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 23, 2006, 07:02:20 pm
Slack, lying in his bunk, feels a grumble in his stomachs. He gets up and walks out into the main hallway, takes a right and two lefts, and enters the Mess Hall. He scrounges around for various items, makes a quick sandwich-looking thing, and eats it slowly waiting for someone to join him...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 23, 2006, 08:00:24 pm
Nice! I wouldn't have thought of something that funny, plus it gives me a new feel to my character
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 23, 2006, 09:11:26 pm
meanwhile Timesjai just happened to be going into the messhall to see if there was anything to eat, and began to store some spare food in her Weximaru Sphere. As she finished gathering storage she fixed up a little snack and turned to find Slack sitting there eating.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 23, 2006, 09:22:29 pm
Slack looks up, swallows his bite, and speaks.

"A Ryndalian female... interesting. Pull up a seat, theres enough food here to last a year, I made sure of that."

He takes another bite of his sandwich.

"But enough small talk, lets get down to business shall we? Why are you on this forsaken ship? What are you hoping to find?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 23, 2006, 09:34:20 pm
In that case I guess you don't mind if I take some more then?
And as for why I'm going on this trip well, I've heard that there is limitless gold where we are headed so I decided I wanted some. But the real reason I'm here is that this can lead to greater things, I've been in Scion complex all my life.

(OOC: Seperated from Ryndalian society she is unknowing that she would be considered a adolecent by normal standards, but since there is no way to tell just how old a Ryndalian is from apperance once they get to about 30 years old Slack dosen't really know. Also I might want to point out that Ryndalians are fairly rare as there aren't that many of them, The Core has about tweleve for example.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 23, 2006, 09:39:37 pm
In one of the dark corridors of the ship, Quasqado lurks. His species being nocturnal, his eyes are perfectly adjusted to the dark of the unlit corridor. He spends his time in thought here.. He managed to observe all of the crew members, and found them to be rather odd. He quickly tried to consider their pasts, a little game he created for himself, finding an interesting person and trying to figure what their deal is. The ship lurches slightly, and he is knocked off balance. He mutters under his breath, and continues his thoughts. They drift on to the mission. Will he be useful? Who will be the first to meet their demise? He shook his head, and tried to think of other things, of the well stocked fridge, and of the riches that will be found.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 23, 2006, 09:41:17 pm
Slack relates to the Ryndallian stray.

"Ah, escape. We've all had to do that at one point or another, if you catch my drift. I'm here looking for treasure too, but everyone knows that, whether you know me personally or not haha!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 23, 2006, 10:33:06 pm
"So I've heard...." Timesjai says as she takes a seat and begins to eat. "How are the other crew members in your opinion?" She asks in a polite, but not too polite manner.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 23, 2006, 10:40:58 pm
"Some are smart, some are dumb. Some big, some small. We've got quite a variety on board... but each and everyone one of them can be bought. Which is what I'm counting on to make it through this rather easily."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 23, 2006, 10:59:58 pm
Yes, but money isn't everything. I know that, trust me I've had riches before and it only makes you a bigger target. Best to spend it all on stuff to survive than to hoard it. But what do I know mabye things are diffrent on the outside. What I want is something to help me explore the rest of, well everywhere. And I don't know who or what I'll find or what I'll need so I guess that I can get enough here to last me a while. Besides the exploration will be a blast, at least for me. So, anyone here that I should watch out for or keep a close watch on?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 23, 2006, 11:06:49 pm
"I think the biggest threat is that Ghulos... Quasqado I think his name is. I'm not so sure I trust him, I've traded with Ghulos before and they're very unpredicable. Also I'm a bit wary of that Xometrian, as most beings are. But really, all of us are capable of so much more than we let on... everything comes at a price, especially trust."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 23, 2006, 11:22:24 pm
" Now that I understand. So, do you have any idea what is going to be there?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 23, 2006, 11:33:06 pm
"None what-so-ever. We may all perish looking for something that doesn't exist. But I really don't mind that much... my race has faced certain annihilation before, but we're still here. Alot of species see my laid-back and lazy attitude as a flaw... I think it just lets me live what short time I do have in completely comfort and peace, another thing everyone strives for. The one real hope I have is that whatever we find down there doesn't start another war. Too much effort for anyone, especially me."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 23, 2006, 11:38:15 pm
Meanwhile, Kal was on the bridge with Liszt. It seemed that the old Icthian looked far more comfortable out of his exo-suit, and swimming happily in the bridge's room-current, he hovered above the main bridge controls. Liszt was wearing a respirator, but didn't seem to be having any problems with the water as ViS sometimes did. Turning to him, he asked, "Well, well, Ic-ViS, are we ready to go yet? I can't wait to leave and it seems there's been an awful lot of preparation for a trip where we just land, pick up the treasure and fly off again."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 24, 2006, 01:30:02 am
"What is going on here? Hmmm.... I personally am wondering why the main Governments havent sent spies,paticularalay that of the Auyuelcliads. I believe at least one member of the crew is a spy.............But i am a trusting individual.Your Thoughts?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 24, 2006, 02:03:57 am
Meanwhile, Kal was on the bridge with Liszt. It seemed that the old Icthian looked far more comfortable out of his exo-suit, and swimming happily in the bridge's room-current, he hovered above the main bridge controls. Liszt was wearing a respirator, but didn't seem to be having any problems with the water as ViS sometimes did. Turning to him, he asked, "Well, well, Ic-ViS, are we ready to go yet? I can't wait to leave and it seems there's been an awful lot of preparation for a trip where we just land, pick up the treasure and fly off again."

"Yes, Mr Fiske. Everyone is on board and we can depart when ready.... although I doubt our voyage will be as simple as you see to suggest. Now, if youll excuse me I'm going to head down to the habitation deck and meet everyone else properly."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 24, 2006, 02:39:55 am
Xulkomato was resting on the wall in the habitation deck. Camolflauged, he was listening to every conversation on the ship. Hmm he thought, as he heard Slacks words. He pulled out a small communication device and began imputting text data silently
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 24, 2006, 03:21:31 am
OOC :Maaan, i´m sorry guys. I gotta go to work my collegeu got sick i gotta replace her.
( yes i work in the weekends  :) ) So finish up whatever u want ....u can move me anywhere u can even make Dom say stuff if needed. provided u dont make me say i´m sick and only got 4 days to live  :D
So i´m srry i gotta sit this one out today. But in week times I´m 100% there..just not in the weekends with my work and all
Srry ....So if it starts to get to difficult i geuss u can write me out :) :::anyways i´ll be back to check up on the story tonight
and tomorow after my class. So have fun.  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 24, 2006, 05:08:15 am
We are all on ship and travelling arent we?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 24, 2006, 05:12:56 am
We are all on ship and travelling arent we?

yes, we are.  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 24, 2006, 08:47:13 am
OOC: Ok I'm back.

IC: Redblood still walk around trying to find something intersting.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 24, 2006, 02:01:50 pm
Slack, deciding it's about time he acctually met the rest of the crew, hops off his chair, pushes it to the ship's intercom (which is slightly higher than he can reach), gets back on and presses the button.

"Attention all passengers, this is Slack. I'm currently in the company of large quantities of succulent foods and a young, attractive Ryndalian female. If anyone's feeling a bit peckish or lonely we'd very much enjoy your company."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 24, 2006, 02:04:30 pm
Lehnrin mad a note to beat slack senseless at the first opportunity and went back to catching up on her reading
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 24, 2006, 02:08:26 pm
Blinx, neither peckish because she only recharges, nor lonely because shes not used to company, decides to head over in curiousity. "Uh, hello, is there a slack in here?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 24, 2006, 02:10:48 pm
"Ah, hello my mechanized friend. We've met before, at my bar, do you recall? I heard about your current... ordeal... and I offer my sympathies and a sandwich."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 24, 2006, 02:13:37 pm
Redblood goes looking to for "Slack" out of curiosity.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 24, 2006, 02:18:11 pm
She looks at the sandwich, "uh, thanks..." she takes it and throws it behind her,  hitting the wall. "Sooo, what do you want with Arcadia?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 24, 2006, 02:20:33 pm
"I'm looking for the same thing everyone else here is. A chance for change."

Redblood enters. Slack invites him in.

"Well, it appears my message got through. An Æthiran... haven't seen many of you around, but I appreciate all you did for us in the war. Pull up a seat, I'm making sandwiches  ;D"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 24, 2006, 02:26:54 pm
"Hmm.. Thanks. What war would that be? And what is a sandwiches?"

OOC: Redblood do not know mush history. The Æthiran also have a lot of wars in their history so you can see why he asks.  ;)  (And lets say that Liszt-5 gave him one of those magic boxes so he can understand the rest of the crew. It would be no fun if he could not talk to anyone.)

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 24, 2006, 02:30:13 pm
sighing, the cyborg looks around the room. "not a holovision in sight, what do we do for fun on this ship?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 24, 2006, 02:36:49 pm
"Do not know metal Knight. Is their a Arena in this place?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 24, 2006, 02:42:20 pm
Liszt enters the room and hangs his respirator on the wall.
"Mister Slack, I would appreciate it if you didnt use the intercom to announce you have sandwiches... but I'll have one anyway thank you"
Liszt takes in the expressions of the other people in the room.
"Yes, yes. Of course, since I'm a ViS I must have no sense of taste. I'll have you know the 1.21s were designed with 8 functional senses. I particularly enjoy Naucean dessert food."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 24, 2006, 02:47:35 pm
"Toss the mister, we're all friends here. Just Slack will do nicely. To my Æthiran friend, I refer of course to the Necromonicon Discord. Such a waste of life... *sigh*. And THIS is a sandwich."

He hand Redblood a large pile of various meats and vegetables between two peices of flat processed grain.

"I'll get to work on yours, ViS, right away," he says with a bit of ill.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 24, 2006, 02:49:13 pm
"Why should I know?" She turns to the Æthiran, "are you always this stupid?"

Turning to the ViS, she looks, repulsed, "what the hell is that thing"?!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 24, 2006, 02:55:11 pm
"Please mister Slack, call me Liszt. Were all friends here after all eh?"

"I happen to be a ViS... I'm surprised you havent met one before, we are the most numerous sentient species in this quadrant" He said to the cyborg, rolling his eye.
"I had hoped we could all be civil to each other, but theres always some malcontent ready to stir up trouble. This is like my expedition to Rubrik 9 all over again."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 24, 2006, 02:58:25 pm
Redblood quickly gobbles up the sandwiches.

"Hmm.... Goood... I really like these Sandwiches."

Then he herd the comment from Blinx Redblood tone changed dramatical.

"I would watch my tung if i was you! Maybe i should rip off a arm! Do not think that you armor will protech you from my rage!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 24, 2006, 03:01:28 pm
OOC: I think she was talking about the Æthiran or Slack, not the ViS.

IC:

"All of you settle down! I invited you all here for pleasant conversation and good food, not to bicker. If you're going to fight do it elsewhere, I refuse to be insulted like this."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 24, 2006, 03:01:45 pm
"Mr Redblood, please control yourself. However, miss Blinx was out of order. I would advise you to be more sensitive miss Blinx. Our friend here was likely denied the right to education by his cruel masters on Othrixyr."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 24, 2006, 03:05:26 pm
"I've always liked you ViS. So orderly, so polite. Always a pleasure doing buisiness with you."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 24, 2006, 03:07:24 pm
Redblood calmed down and then answered Slack and Liszt.

"I will honer your wishes Slack and Liszt-5."

But Redblood gives a stern look at Blinx.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 24, 2006, 03:10:20 pm
She addresses the ViS first. "Malcontent? I happen to be more than middle aged! Making me an elder!" she gets angry, "I oughta just pull you apart right now..."

Turning to Redblood, she laughed.

She clearly ignored everyone.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 24, 2006, 03:12:26 pm
Redblood try to ignore Blinx clearly feeling very hurt by her earlier comment.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 24, 2006, 03:12:39 pm
"Miss Blinx, I would suggest you look up malcontent in the dictionary. Then I would suggest you jettison this archaic idea that advanced age makes one superior"

"I've always liked you ViS. So orderly, so polite. Always a pleasure doing buisiness with you."

"How refreshing. Most people find it much easier to hate us. To be honest I think theyre just resentful weve managed to elevate ourselves above the needless complexity and inefficiency which is so prevalent in most societies... I'm almost surprised the Nauceans have managed to grow so powerful without stagnating and dissapearing... of course, if they carry on like this theyll end up going the way of all the precursors. Theyll just vanish one day and all that will be left will be ruins, and some Xenoscientist will pick over them and wonder who these Nauceans were, and what happened to them... I'm sorry, I appear to have trailed off, what were we talking about?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 24, 2006, 03:23:43 pm
Hearing Slack's message, Gaff rolls off his bunk, and heads off down the hall; he's hungry, and decides he might as well meet some of his new peers.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 24, 2006, 03:30:35 pm
"I remember seeing you around earlier Torpal. We were just arguing about sandwiches, would you like one? And while we're at it, care to enlighten why you decided to come on this journey, although I'm fairly certain it's because you're looking for a good fight."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 24, 2006, 03:36:32 pm
Blinx leaves the room, angry, passing the Torpal, she whispers to him, "I know which race eats Omic the most."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 24, 2006, 03:43:17 pm
"Is good to see you again Gaff. It was nice to take me with you to see Liszt-5. Now I'm sure i will not be hunted by anyone from the Empire if Arcadia really is as hard to find as i have heard."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 24, 2006, 03:49:01 pm
"Thats the spirit. Fighting takes up so much energy, lets all just try to get along. If Arcadia is covered in thick jungles like its supposed to be, there will be plenty of foliage and deadly beasts to take any rage out on."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 24, 2006, 06:16:32 pm
IC: Redblood walk back to his room to sleep a little.

OOC: Well I'm going to bed. See you all tomorrow.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 24, 2006, 09:08:04 pm
The hulking Quasqado enters the messhall, hungry and wishing to hear conversation. He isn't much of a talker, but enjoys listening to people. He struggles a bit to make himself a sandwich of unspecified meat and mushrooms with his clunky hands, and sits down at a table by himself, turning away from the others so he may eat without comments on his face.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 24, 2006, 09:32:41 pm
Lehnrin put down her datatile and headed to the galley to see what the noise was about
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 24, 2006, 09:58:41 pm
"I remember seeing you around earlier Torpal. We were just arguing about sandwiches, would you like one? And while we're at it, care to enlighten why you decided to come on this journey, although I'm fairly certain it's because you're looking for a good fight."

"Yeah I'm starved. I'd love one, thanks." Gaff gladly takes the sandwhich.

Blinx leaves the room, angry, passing the Torpal, she whispers to him, "I know which race eats Omic the most."

After Blinx walks by, Gaff examines his sandwich, and pretends to say to himself,  loudly, "Damn, no omic meat!" With one last, angry glare, she exits the room. Gaff begins inhaling the sandwhich, after which he resumes conversation. "I'm just coming for the money...you can never buy enough weapons" he thinks, pausing for a moment, "I don't care for fighting." After seeing the physique of some of the crew's stronger members, Gaff had begun to resent them already, even his new aquaintance Redblood.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 24, 2006, 10:07:18 pm
At this point a loud crack echoed through the room. Timesjai Immedieately began to work on some unknown technological sphere about twice the size of a tennis ball, moving to a more secluded area of the mess hall.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 24, 2006, 11:42:30 pm
"You, I am hungry I shall come for sandwhiches."
On the way to the others, Tsem passes Blinx....
"You look more sad than ususal.....is something the matter?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 25, 2006, 12:18:16 am
Passing Tsem, she says, "theres a Torpal on board, I was hoping no one would have to die by my hands, but, thats life." Tsem had paled.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 25, 2006, 12:44:56 am
Passing Tsem, she says, "theres a Torpal on board, I was hoping no one would have to die by my hands, but, thats life." Tsem had paled.

ooc:  :o
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 25, 2006, 12:51:14 am
Oh I'm eeevil. :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 25, 2006, 01:57:23 am
At this point a loud crack echoed through the room. Timesjai Immedieately began to work on some unknown technological sphere about twice the size of a tennis ball, moving to a more secluded area of the mess hall.
"What have you got there miss Timejai? You were supposed to declare all equipment when you boarded the ship so there could be a proper inventory..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 02:03:34 am
Slack takes another bite of his sandwich non-chalantly.

"Let the poor girl be. If its a bomb we'll ALL die, her included. If it's a communications device, we can kill her before anyone comes to her rescue. If it's anything else I'm sure we'll all benefit from it. Surprises can be good sometimes, as long as they don't change the terms of business dealings."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 25, 2006, 02:37:21 am
A voice over the intercom:

"We have almost left the system, and we are about to make the hyperspace jump in approximately one 20th of a Scion rotation. I suggest you prepare yourselves."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 02:45:12 am
"Oh joy... if I had a God I'd pray to it this ship doesn't fall apart, but I've learnt praying is just a waste of energy. Hopefully the lurching we're about to experience doesn't make me loose the sandwich I just ate."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 25, 2006, 03:05:15 am
"Dont worry. Mr Dom did an expert job making this vessel spaceworthy... at least I hope he did..."

On that optimistic note,, everything goes white as the ship enters hyperspace.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 03:07:39 am
OOC: How long does it stay white for? Can we move about the ship while we're in hyper or how does this work? It's obviously not ST based.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 25, 2006, 03:08:40 am
The ship drops out of hyperspace to-

Nothing.

Hanging in empty space, the freighter is as alone as the distant stars.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 25, 2006, 03:11:01 am
Liszt moves up to the intercom and strains to reach the button.
"Mister Fiske... we see to have dropped out rather earlier than I expected. Where are we?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 25, 2006, 03:15:23 am
Liszt moves up to the intercom and strains to reach the button.
"Mister Fiske... we see to have dropped out rather earlier than I expected. Where are we?"

"These are the co-ordinates, we're in the right place - I am sure of it - wait, I must check..."

(OOC: Hyperspace travel is instant for those involved, like relativistic travel.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 03:16:04 am
As the ship comes out of hyper, Slack turns green.

"Oh bloody Omics... where's the little Gryfon's room?!'

Slack runs out of the mess hall looking frantically for a place to toss his space cookies.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 25, 2006, 03:20:52 am
Looking out the window, Blinx feels greatly dissapointed and angry. "NO!" she screams and thumps the wall, making a small dent. Her arm then falls off and rolls down the hall. "Damn..." she murmurs and runs after her arm.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 03:26:04 am
Despretly trying to find a place to vomit, Slack neglects to look where he's going, and trips over a rolling robot arm. He lands with a bounce, and proceeds to let loose all over Blinx.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 25, 2006, 03:42:36 am
Blinx looks down at the vomit, which had got into her arm socket, she looks up "uh-oh!" then she says in a robotic voice //unknown substance in port E, system shutdown.// And then Blinx just goes still.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 03:58:38 am
"Omic! This just isn't my day. Someone help! I think I might have killed her! Bring some condiments and a bun!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 25, 2006, 04:00:30 am
After a very short nap Redblood get up to see what happing.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 25, 2006, 04:07:41 am
OOC: Inside, the Omic is alive, it's just that her vessel isn't working, however, if it takes too long, she will starve in there anyway.

IC: Meanwhile, the arm that was rolling down the hall turns on a little light that begings to flash red, it twitches and turns around, dragging itself along the ground, back towards the broken mech.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 04:09:36 am
Slack taps on the mechs visor, to see if the Omic is still alive. He doesn't notice the metallic hand inching towards him...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 25, 2006, 04:10:45 am
Liszt whips out his multiscanner and passes it over the stricken cyborg.

"No need to worry. Shes still alive in there. We just need to clean the vomit out of her suit and it should reactivate by itself. Someone fetch an ionic scourer."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 25, 2006, 04:13:12 am
The hand gets closer, and goes between the crowd, and starts to climb the mech, it then sticks itself to the socket, where the vomit is, it drives itself in and weaits for the hardened nanobots to fuse it back together, also, a small hole opens up in the back of the mech, and bit by bit the vomit starts to drip out, it will be fixed within a day.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 04:21:53 am
OOC: Damn, I was hoping the hand would jump up and start to strangle Slack haha

IC:

"Oh good, she's alive. I guess I won't be needing this packet of Naucean tartar sauce."

He puts the sauce back in his cape pocket. He then points to the dripping vomit.

"So, I'm not feeling too good... someone going to clean that stuff up?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 25, 2006, 05:36:00 am
OOC: that mech is very easy to defeat :P
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 25, 2006, 05:39:31 am
OOC: Well it lost its arms so the mech was allready compromised when the vomit screw it up.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 25, 2006, 05:45:02 am
Lehnrin surveys the scene with a smug expression
need a hand?

OOC: totally worth it!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 25, 2006, 05:55:20 am
OOC: that mech is very easy to defeat :P

I don't think mechs are designed to be defended from puke. :D
And it is fixing itself.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 25, 2006, 06:48:17 am
OOC: There was no request for an inventory.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 25, 2006, 06:55:14 am
OOC: There was Genesis.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 25, 2006, 07:00:21 am
OOC: Let me guess, it was during the day I was gone, right?  :(
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 25, 2006, 07:04:25 am
Nope.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 25, 2006, 07:06:26 am
OOC: Can you tell me what page its on then?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 25, 2006, 07:11:30 am
Nope.



(Its not actually an in character request... but we agreed it would be best for special equipment we're likely to use later be included in the charcter description to prevent irritating episodes where someone claims to have had a bomb strapped to them all along and blows up the enemies. Note: I didnt originally declare Liszt's dimensionally trancedental hammerspace trunk, but I thought it would work as more of a useful feature which eliminates the need for the tedius dragging around of bulky items than an item per se. At the moment the trunk only contains mundane items lik food supplies and will never suddenly contain weapons or ammo for no reason)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 25, 2006, 07:13:58 am
Quasqado peers out a viewhole between bites of his sandwich. A grumbling stream of expletives sputter from his mouth. For the first time he raises his voice, "The fish better fix his coordinates, or I better get paid for believing him and that worm."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 25, 2006, 07:16:23 am
That? I put this item up, its just that this Ryndalian Tech. is unknown to other races. (Anyway I wanted to let everyone know earlier of this item, before we get into that kind of situation.) Back to the Fanfic please. Thank You.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 25, 2006, 07:34:02 am
Lehnrin was staring out of the veiwport into the blank void, annoyed that her hunch was looking like a wild goose chase
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 10:43:29 am
"Well. Now that our little get-gether has been ruined, and we're pretty much in the middle of no where... I'm going back to bed to get my stomachs settled. But before I leave, I was thinking Liszt: are you guys sure you compensated for stellar drift, hyperspace time descrepancies, and the fact that planets orbit?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 25, 2006, 11:17:45 am
"Of course I have. I have a galactic standard intelligence index of 6.68, I wouldnt have overlooked trivial matters like that. I suspect this is some sort of precursor countermeasure placed in the Arcadia system by the ancient Arcadians to prevent their homeworld from being found."

(Over the intercom)
"Mr Fiske. What were you doing when your hyperspace jump landed you in the Arcadia system the first time around? Dont leave anything out, even a tiny detail could be important."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 25, 2006, 12:42:15 pm
Intercom: "Ah, actually, I think I may have forgotten the exact co-ordinates. Let me try another set? Hold on everyone, I'll go as soon as the engines have cooled again."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 25, 2006, 12:46:18 pm
Timesjai looks up at the rest of the group. "Did I just hear that right?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 25, 2006, 01:01:55 pm
Lehnrin utter a few choice curses under her breatj and privately damned all Icthians
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 25, 2006, 01:16:23 pm
Tsem sighs......."Surely you can remmebr the co-ordinates? I'd rather not die here."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 25, 2006, 01:24:44 pm
Gaff quietly remarks, "Well, if he can't remember, we can always have Itchian for dinner...they probably go great with steamed omics."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 25, 2006, 01:37:21 pm
Liszt sighs.
"No-one on this expedition is going to eat anyone else... besides, chefs actually recommend you roast omic to bring out their subtle flavours"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 25, 2006, 01:39:14 pm
Gaff sighs rolls his eyes at Liszt. "Thanks, I'll try to remember that."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 25, 2006, 01:39:25 pm
Quasqado's sensitive Ghulos hearing picks up Gaff's remark. He mutters "Rather you'd not eat the captain. I'd like to go home if this doesn't work out."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 25, 2006, 02:23:28 pm
Liszt sighs.
"No-one on this expedition is going to eat anyone else... besides, chefs actually recommend you roast omic to bring out their subtle flavours"


Omic is actually illegal, but easily found in the Scion complex. But that was really funny! :D :D :D :D :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 25, 2006, 02:27:15 pm
Liszt sighs.
"No-one on this expedition is going to eat anyone else... besides, chefs actually recommend you roast omic to bring out their subtle flavours"


Omic is actually illegal, but easily found in the Scion complex. But that was really funny! :D :D :D :D :D

This is why I love threads like these. They allow us to add a whole layer of detail onto our creatures. Omics as food - that's just brilliant.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 25, 2006, 02:42:07 pm
Blinx activates suddenly - "where is that idiot Slack, I gotta say thank you for that."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 03:41:10 pm
Meanwhile, Slack has crawled back to his bunk to lay down and prepare for the next jump.

"Thats the last time I eat before a hyper jump. If only I had some Omic flavored Gravol."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 25, 2006, 03:56:51 pm
Slacks door swings open, Blinx leaps in and grabs Slack by the neck. "I would kill you know if I didn't want to stay on this voyage! So I'll just do this" she throws Slack down and sprays him all over with his own puke. :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 04:03:34 pm
Slack, discusted by his own bile, vomits again on himself. He then looks up at the Omic with a glare.

"Oh COME ON, it was an accident! HELP! HELP! I'm being attacked by an appetizer! Back foul beast, back I say! I take back what I said earlier: I hope you rot in your mech forever!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 25, 2006, 04:12:06 pm
Redblood heard the commotion and rush to Slacks aid. Taking a hard grip on Blinx and trow hear away from Slack.

"You are not going to hurt Slack! If you heart him I'm going to rip out you hearts and eat them Knight!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 25, 2006, 04:24:14 pm
"OH COME ON!" While Blinx loves to hate, she hates being matched or out numbered, so she runs off.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 04:28:17 pm
"Once again the AEthiran comes to the aid of the Gryfon. I pledge my alligence to you sir."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 25, 2006, 04:36:16 pm
Redblood tempted to run after Blinx and give the metal Kit a bashing suddenly remember about Slack the nice Gryfon who gave him food.

"Are you allright?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 25, 2006, 04:46:40 pm
Quasqado rolls his one organic eye, and thinks to himself, "This is why you don't hire people out of a festering hive of villainy without requiring some kind of psychological profiling."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 25, 2006, 04:54:19 pm
Tired of everyone's bickering, Gaff returns to his room to nap.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 05:15:46 pm
"Yes, I'm fine," say the vomit covered Slack to Redblood. "But it appears I need to wash up... I still haven't found any kind of lavatory on this damn ship. All of us eat, all of us have to release something in return... so there must at least be a hole in the floor somewhere right?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 25, 2006, 05:18:45 pm
there must at least be a hole in the floor somewhere right?"

OOC: Uh ohh... Now i know what the first thing they will do when they get to Arcadia!!!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 25, 2006, 05:34:57 pm
"Back in Othyxir we had a hole for that purpose. You better not fall in it because no one would help you up. Their are more the one careless Æthirans have bin gridded up to dust that way."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 25, 2006, 05:35:54 pm
Why is that frightening? That gives time for Zhix and Axon to board the ship!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 05:42:17 pm
"Come my shadowy friend, let's go search the ship for a hole while our incompetant captain looks for his lost planet."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 25, 2006, 05:46:52 pm
"OK lead the way"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 25, 2006, 06:36:53 pm
OOC: Ok I'm going to log off now. Is late.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 25, 2006, 06:41:53 pm
Timesjai puts the sphere away and stands up. "You guys have fun with that. I'm going off to look around some more. Later."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 25, 2006, 07:19:18 pm
Dr. Pzystan picks this as a convenient time to wake up. Wandering into the mess hall he sees the vomit and the confusion.

"Where's the beer?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 25, 2006, 09:58:58 pm
OOC: Closest thing to beer we have is brewed turmabegga... second drawer on the left.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 26, 2006, 12:12:04 am
"There will be no consumption of intoxicating or narcotic substances on this voyage. I took the liberty of confiscating your turnabegga Mr Slack. You can have it back after class."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 26, 2006, 03:34:02 am
"Come my shadowy friend, let's go search the ship for a hole while our incompetant captain looks for his lost planet."

OOC: Lol, good luck. The Icthians release their excrement into the water where it is removed as the water is recycled and cleaned. You're basically walking in a drained out set of corridors which would otherwise be filled with water. There are no lavatories on the ship. ;D

IC:

There was white. There was black. And then, there was reality again. The stars had moved, and one burned brightly a short distance away. The intercom sounded again.

"I'm pretty sure this is the system. I'm going to head in and see if I can find the planet. Maybe we'll take a quick trip and see how close we can fly to that star as well, it's so pretty."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 26, 2006, 03:41:18 am
Xulkomato scuttles to a window. He face the star, sits down, and begins to pray. This is no prayer that would be heard in a church. If a Xometrian heard this, Xulkomato would be executed.

 After a few minutes, Xulkmato joins the others and volounteers to be first on the planet and to scout around
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 26, 2006, 03:43:22 am
"No. No-one is going down alone. We'll find a likely landing spot, set up a base camp and then organise into groups to explore. No-one is to leave the group or go off on their own."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 26, 2006, 03:46:36 am
Xulkmato leaves the room. He pulls out a hidden communicator and whispers a quick message. He returns to the room

"Very well but lets hurry up. The sooner we split up, the better"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 26, 2006, 03:49:15 am
"Why so keen to split up mister Xulkmato? Do you have some agenda we all need to know about? Do tell."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 26, 2006, 03:49:40 am
Dom had just woke up.
He heard a lot of noice in the ship. For a moment he wonders if he didn't make a mistake in refitting the engine.
But as he looks at the meters he sees all is green.
''I should find friend again.'' he says.
He found a nice room for him. Altho he has no idea why friend would need such a room.
Not that its his concern, he had his new wrench and a whole lot of jamfruit.
Then all of a sudden a flash goes thru his head '' We have arrived ! ''
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 26, 2006, 03:51:08 am
(Obviously humoring voice to Xometrians, but other races think it is sincere)
" Ooh, of course not. I am just eager  to get going."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 26, 2006, 03:53:46 am
"Mr Xulkmato, I hope you realise the mark 9 translators we're using also translate inflection and vocal intonation. I'm prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt for now, but dont try anything illegal please."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 26, 2006, 03:56:18 am
Xulkmato hurridly scuttles into a corner and expands his exoskeleton, covering himself and hiding the now in use communicator
OOC: Detail on that coming soon in my thread
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 26, 2006, 03:57:15 am
OOC : common zap that bug  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 26, 2006, 04:00:38 am
Without warning, Xulkmato leaps on the onto the alien, pinning him down. His mandibles are a millimetre away, nerve toxin ready for buisiness
"There will be no word to the others about this, understand"
OOC: Pssst. Theyre all in the same room... you might want to change your post.

Its also not in Liszt's character to respond well to threats.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 26, 2006, 04:02:22 am
Without warning, Xulkmato leaps on the onto the alien, pinning him down. His mandibles are a millimetre away, nerve toxin ready for buisiness
"There will be no word to the others about this, understand"
OOC: Pssst. Theyre all in the same room... you might want to change your post.

Its also not in Liszt's character to respond well to threats.

Are they?

Oops Xulkmato pulls out the memory wiping gun called "Modify post" and the threat never happened
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 26, 2006, 04:07:04 am
Dom decided to wonder around the ship. He has slept for 12 hours. A lot of things can happen in 12 hours.
And he didn't had a chance to meet all of the crew yet. Not that most people were likly to talk to Dom.
He noticed people prefered to keep to there own people. And since he was no fighter or a scie...scien..scientist but a worker......
Perhaps they needed some stuff to be moved. Then he can work a bit. Dom loves to work. He is good at it. Moving around heavy objects. Fixing things....

Dom starts making his way towards the sound. It seems to be coming from one of the cargoholds.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 26, 2006, 04:07:58 am
OOC : is the place where u all hang out called ''the bridge'' ? ( my english can be odd so...no idea how else to call it )

They're actually in one of the cargo holds and the surrounding rooms. The bridge is where Ic-Fiske is (the control area of the ship), and it's currently filled with water.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Dr . Nick on June 26, 2006, 04:09:15 am
OOC : oki doki I'll modify the post . And sorry i was out for such a bit. Work was murder  :P
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 26, 2006, 04:10:00 am
OOC : is the place where u all hang out called ''the bridge'' ? ( my english can be odd so...no idea how else to call it )

They're actually in one of the cargo holds and the surrounding rooms. The bridge is where Ic-Fiske is (the control area of the ship), and it's currently filled with water.

So mechanical charactors could actually enter the rest of the ship then?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 26, 2006, 04:14:36 am
OOC: Ok im back
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 26, 2006, 04:15:10 am
So mechanical charactors could actually enter the rest of the ship then?

Potentially, yes. I'd imagine you'd have a harder time than in the air, because of the currents in the corridors and suchlike, but you probably could.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 26, 2006, 07:08:46 am
Oooh I can take Blinx swimming then?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 26, 2006, 08:17:22 am
"This must stop. The arguing will break down morale and endanger the mission. We must forget our differnces and work as a team."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 26, 2006, 08:20:59 am
Quasqado nods in agreement with the EX-priest. "...Not going to find anything if we stab each other in the back before we land."

((Happy now?))
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 26, 2006, 08:22:18 am
Blinx looks out the window and sees the system, "land, land, land....." she acts really impatient like if you really need the toilet (:D), she goes into the room where everyone else is and asks, "why aren't we landing?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 26, 2006, 08:31:06 am
Quasqado nods in agreement with the priest. "...Not going to find anything if we stab each other in the back before we land."
Ex-Priest :P
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 26, 2006, 08:31:32 am
"'Cuz the fish isn't sure if this is even the right system. You'd best go to your room before someone tries to rip you out of that tin can for attacking Slack...."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 26, 2006, 08:36:10 am
"Yeah, I just realized that I'll probably die by the end of this quest, if I get seperated, I'll be an easy target, if I don't, I'll either die in surgery or kill myself, so I better start making plans." She hesitates, "looks like I'm in a spot of trouble eh?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 26, 2006, 08:37:34 am
Im happy  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 26, 2006, 08:52:02 am
*dr.hibbert laugh* a hehehe
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 26, 2006, 11:10:02 am
Slack has meanwhile lost all hope of finding a bathroom, or some kind of shower. So he presses the intercom and uses his last resort.

"Mr. Fiske, I'm comming up to the bridge to wash off. I suggest you set the water filters on extra high rotation. I don't want you swimming around in muck, but this ship has left me no choice."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 26, 2006, 11:10:34 am
OOC: Are they in the Arcadia system now? Are they visibel from the planet?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 26, 2006, 11:14:43 am
Meanwhile with Timesjai, who just happens to be on the brige at that time, looks at the intercom. "I'm leaving now, good luck with that Fiske, you'll need it." She says as she slinks away.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 26, 2006, 11:32:30 am
As Slack approches the airlock, Timesjai comes out. Seeing Slack covered in vomit, she lets him by quickly as they exchange smiles. Slack, despret to get clean and have a good swim, jumps into the air lock and presses the button for it to start filling. As the cool water envelops him he begins to scrub himself down, and at the final moment before the door opens to the bridge, he takes a deep breath. The sun reflecting through the water in the bridge creates a halo-like rainbow around Mr. Fiske as he messes with the control panel.

"Hello Fiske, lovely day we're having. Mind if I just sit here awhile to clean off? I can hold my breath for 10 minutes, and the universal translator works with bubble talk... but I can see you're busy so I'll just zip up and leave you to your work."

Slack pulls up a seat and relishes in the cool water, reminding him of his home and his water dwelling ancestry. He looks out the window into space and the stars around him, and finds it strangly serine.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 26, 2006, 11:34:11 am
OOC: Are they in the Arcadia system now? Are they visibel from the planet?

OOC: Who knows? You'll know when you know.

IC:
"You're welcome, Ic-Gryfon. Do you require a respirator? I believe that our friend the ViS has the only functional one at the moment. Perhaps you would like to share with me some of our Icthian current-music - I was about to listen to some of my clan's ancient temperature ballads, and they are quite exquisite."

The ship was steadily sailing insystem, and presently they used the gravity handle of a gas giant to accelerate the ship towards the centre.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 26, 2006, 01:59:43 pm
"Icthian music... sounds delightful. And as I mentioned earlier, I can hold my breath quite well. I do have webbed feet and a bill for a reason. How long do you suppose till we reach the inner planets?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 26, 2006, 02:05:37 pm
"I would guess fairly soon. Be patient, we will be there when we will be there. Ah, here it is."

He pressed a button on the control panel over which he was swimming, and the faint hum of the room shifted very slightly. It became apparent that the currents in the room had changed. The Icthian captian swam around the room in delight, feeling, observing and sensing the subtle changes in the temperature and speed of the current which changed with great unseen rhythms. He seemed lost in the "music", turning circles and barrel rolls as he swam.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 26, 2006, 02:13:46 pm
Slack, who couldn't sense much of anything, watched the Icthian loose himself and was suprised to find such spirit in the old sea captain. As the ship drifted onwards, he realized he was almost out of air.

"Excuse me captain, I need more air."

Fiske ignored him, he was too busy dancing. Slack opened the airlock. Drained a bit of water, took a deep breath, then returned to the bridge and sat back in his chair, before the captain had even realized he'd left.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 26, 2006, 02:57:01 pm
Blinx enters the water filled room, looks at Slack but decides to ignore him, instead she addresses the captain, "mr Fiske, I don't believe we've met."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 26, 2006, 03:09:14 pm
Slack, seeing Blinx, cringes in horror, and grabs his chair tightly, fearing she'll try to kill him again. As she walks past him, he secretly hopes her suit leaks and she drowns, but says nothing.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 26, 2006, 03:11:04 pm
"Hmm? Oh, you. Come in and enjoy the music. If you can hear it, that is." He laughed, knowing that there had never really been a good translation between the current-music and the noise that other species called music.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 26, 2006, 03:22:12 pm
"Uh... yeah, lovely music..." She walks over to a window and surveys space, then suddenly turns to Slack and shouts "BOO!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 26, 2006, 03:50:26 pm
Slack shrieks, and loses the rest of his air. He quickly swims to the airlock, and hopes he has enough air left to wait while it drains.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 26, 2006, 04:05:51 pm
Lehnrin watches the scene through the airlock veiwport, supressing a smile a slick desperately tries to get the airlock to work faster
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 26, 2006, 04:18:23 pm
"You Omic peice of omic!"

Slack wonders why the airlock won't open. As his vision starts to get blurry, he sees Lehnrin through the window.

"You damn Rinthuu! Let me out! I can't breathe! I can't... breathe... you... get..."

Slack passes out from the lack of air, and slowly floats down to the floor.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 26, 2006, 04:22:50 pm
Liszt walks in and sees Slack gagging on the other side of the airlock. Rolling an eye he presses the release button, draining the water and dumping the creature out onto the floor.

"Are you alright Mr Slack? No permanent damage I hope. Miss Blinx, one more display like that and I'm confining you to your quarters... I'm sure Ms Lehnrin would be quite happy to help me deactivate your suit for the remainder of the expedition."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 26, 2006, 04:27:50 pm
Slack wakes up on the floor and coughs up the water.

"That crazy Omic tried to kill me again! And that Rinthuu... be careful Liszt... I don't think they can be trusted."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 26, 2006, 05:24:55 pm
OOC: Well I'm going to log of early to day if thats OK. Krakow Sam you can control Redblood wile I'm gone as always if needed. happy RP.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 26, 2006, 07:34:19 pm
"Well well what do we have here?" Timesjai says as she reveals herself to the rest of the group. "I personally think we will have a casualty if we keep this up."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 27, 2006, 02:25:45 am
"Mister Slack, I see no reason to mistrust someone of Ms Lehnrin's standing and experience. No doubt she was simply unfamiliar with the workings of the airlock controls. At an rate, I insist everyone cease this larval bickering. Mister Fiske, have you ascertained if we wre sucessful yet?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 27, 2006, 06:54:49 am
Blinx enters through the airlock and looks at Slack, then bursts out laughing, when she stops she looks around and sees no one else laughing, "does anyone else have a sense of humour?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 27, 2006, 08:06:48 am
Tsem is meditating, his eyes flicker in constant REM. (OOC: i know, no supernatural stuff.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 27, 2006, 10:11:36 am
Blinx gets bored, and realizes her battery is low, so walks off to her room.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 27, 2006, 12:46:40 pm
Slack, once again in a bad shape, decides he's just going to go lay down and look at the PlayGrifon magazine he brought on the trip.

OOC: He swears he only reads it for the articles...  ;D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 27, 2006, 12:49:32 pm
Hmmm, three voyagers have retired too their rooms.... We should reach the destination soon.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 27, 2006, 12:56:30 pm
Redblood curious to learn more about Arcadia goes looking for Liszt-5 to find some answers.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 27, 2006, 01:34:20 pm
Gaff continues napping...


ooc: just thought you all would like to know  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 27, 2006, 01:35:39 pm
Gaff continues napping...


ooc: just thought you all would like to know  :D

I'm intrigued
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 27, 2006, 01:43:40 pm
Gaff continues napping...


ooc: just thought you all would like to know  :D

OOC: What is he dreaming about?  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 27, 2006, 01:48:14 pm
Xulkmato Exoskeleton shrinks back to it's regular side and Xulkmato stretches and has obviously sleeping. He strolls over to a window, looks outside and begins to pray , again to the Xometrian devil
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 27, 2006, 01:52:40 pm
Gaff continues napping...


ooc: just thought you all would like to know :D

OOC: What is he dreaming about? :D

Omic Souffle, Creamed Omic, Omic a L'Orange, Fillet O' Omic, Kentucky Fried Omic, Omic on Rye, Roast Omic, Stuffed Omic with Cranberries, Shish-Ka-Omic, Dorit-Omics: Zesty Cheese, and probably some DominOmics Pizza with Pepperoni, Mushrooms, and Omic.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 27, 2006, 01:54:25 pm
Stop you're making me hungry!  :P
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 27, 2006, 03:26:52 pm
A small speck of light grew, and grew, until it resolved itself into a greenish-blue ball that was not entirely unpleasant to the eye. The ship was heading into an orbit intercept course, and Kal exclaimed excitedly to everyone around and into the intercom.

"This may be it, everyone! The waters of life and the treasures of Arcadia are ours for the taking!"

He slowed the ship, decelerating sharply to hit the orbit he was aiming for. At a very slow speed, the ship cruised towards the planet. The light of the star broke over the edge and a diamond's flare filled the starboard-side cabins with a brilliant light.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 27, 2006, 03:45:58 pm
Liszt notices Redblood seems curious about the planet and fills him in:

"Legend has it that Arcadia was home to an ancient and powerful race, some legends say they became too powerful, and the gods of the universe destroyed them, although this is of course fanciful. Others say they merely cut themselves off from the universe, entombing themselves in their temples of wealth and leaving fearsome guardians to fight off intruders..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 27, 2006, 03:48:18 pm
OOC: Waters of life?

"Finally!" Blinx says, then sets to work ripping away tiles in her room.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 27, 2006, 03:57:04 pm
Redblood answered Liszt: "That sound almost like something one of my people would do. That part of locking them self up in Tombs and building powerfull magic guardians to protect them self. Some of use get a little paranoid with age. But i have never heard of Arcadia. But it would be a cruel fate if i would have travel this far just to end up on a technomancer tomb world."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 27, 2006, 04:05:52 pm
"The Arcadians and indeed your people have powerful technology. But it isnt magic. I'm afraid the technomancers have been decieving you to keep you from finding the truth. You are lucky to have escaped.
But dont worry, most research suggest the Arcadians are long dead."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 27, 2006, 04:07:24 pm
"If is not magic what is it then?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 27, 2006, 04:19:13 pm
Blinx steps back and admires her work, a large hole had beem made in one corner of the room, she threw a hologram node into it and the hole seemingly dissapeared. She exited the room but not before locking the door.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 27, 2006, 04:23:05 pm
"Its technology. Youve probably seen simple machines... like wheels and pulleys and levers. Now imagine that those simple machine scan be put together to make a more complicated machine. Maybe you push along a wheeled cart and it turns a screw to plough the soil and sow seeds. Then imagine that the parts of the machine are very very small, and that the machine doesnt run on the power of your muscles, but on the power of lightning. Ligtning, properly harnessed, can be used to drive wheels, or any other kinds of machines. What we and your technomancers posess are devices developed from simple machines like pulleys and wheels... I suppose its hard for you to understand" Said Liszt, shaking his head with sympathy for Redblood.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 27, 2006, 04:25:30 pm
Blinx steps back and admires her work, a large hole had beem made in one corner of the room, she threw a hologram node into it and the hole seemingly dissapeared. She exited the room but not before locking the door.

OOC: ?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 27, 2006, 04:26:23 pm
and i dont believe holonodes were mentioned as part of Blinx's inventory.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 27, 2006, 04:27:33 pm
Oh fine she put a rug over it... :D ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 27, 2006, 04:28:49 pm
Redblood answered Liszt: " I think i understand now. Still seem a little strange. And Technomancers still scares me to the core. But it was nice of you to try to explain."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 27, 2006, 04:33:05 pm
Blinx dashes into the cafeteria and grabs armfuls of food.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 27, 2006, 04:57:06 pm
Quasqado blinks at Blinx, and mutters, "I hope you aren't trying to steal the food. I'd have to subdue you and report you to Mister Lizst..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 27, 2006, 06:19:44 pm
OOC: Well good night all. Redblood will still stay by Liszt and be quite for now and if Krakow Sam need to use my char he got my permetion.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 27, 2006, 08:19:30 pm
Waking up from his unexplained comatose state, Pzhystan says to the nearest creature, "Are we orbiting the planet before we land. You know, to pick the perfect spot, do a preliminary search, maybe send a probe or two."

EDIT: We are => Are we
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 27, 2006, 08:34:24 pm
"Allright." Timesjai says as she passes by while exploring the ship.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 27, 2006, 11:02:55 pm
Slack wakes up to Kal's voice saying the word "treasure." He hops out of his bunk, nearly tripping on his magazine, to look out the viewport at the planet below.

"Magnificent... I have almost died twice already on this voyage, but this planetscape makes it all worthwhile. There better be better luck waiting for me down there."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 28, 2006, 03:05:21 am
Lehnrin glances down at the planet through a nearby veiw-port, sso maybe this trip wasn't such a waste of time after all.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 28, 2006, 04:22:12 am
There was a sudden lurch in the ship and the view from the windows veered sharply. A second lurch was followed by a spin, and then a juddering shock.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 28, 2006, 04:27:05 am
Blinx rolled her eyes to the bumps, "here we go...."

OOC - As you all know Blinx likes making enemys so I have made a list of people on the voyage she doesn't mind and can relate to.




Dom - For being a mechanic, like she used to be.
Tsem Muul - See earlier in the thread.
Pzhystan - For being a doctor and considering helping her.
Axon - For being mechanical, and also because he originates from the species that gave Omic space travel.

Oh and its still posible to make friends with her, just try harder fools! Mwuhahahahaha, hahahaaaa..... Oh I'm evil.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 28, 2006, 06:22:03 am
OOC: The word "Finally" Comes to mind :P
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 28, 2006, 10:43:11 am
I presume the bumps mean landing?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 28, 2006, 10:49:28 am
Tsem walks over to Liszt.
"My friend, Might i inquire as to the course of action now? It appears we have finally landed."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 28, 2006, 10:55:16 am
"We've landed?" Timesjai says as she walks into the room. She looks out the viewport at the landscape. "I guess we have. Its beautiful...."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 28, 2006, 11:06:51 am
Tsem sighs: "That's not the word I'd use...."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 28, 2006, 11:10:07 am
Timesjai looks over to Tsem and says, "What would you use then?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 28, 2006, 11:12:42 am
Slack walks out of his quarters a bit shaken, and towards the bridge. He causiously makes sure Blinx and Lehnrin aren't around, then pulls out a bag he stole from the mess hall and pushes it against one of the ships vents, filling it with air.

"Good, it's working. With this extra supply I can last for twenty minutes on the bridge. Hopefully Mr. Fiske will have some ideas on where we should go."

With that, he enters the airlock, and onto the bridge again, to discuss plans with their captain.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 28, 2006, 11:14:07 am
Looking out the window, Xulkmato peers out of a window. He pulls out the communicator yet again and secretly delivers a message
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 28, 2006, 11:15:34 am
Blinx approaches the window, "wow, would you look at that, weird.." then suddenly she exclaims, "cotton wool!" and runs off.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 28, 2006, 11:16:45 am
"Endless. Serene. Foreboding.Dangerous. Anicient....it seems somehow uncaring to me. It is a swamp planet, and dangerous. The only beautifull thing about that planet is what might be hidden there."

OOC: Remember, Auyuelcliads drink water in the form of steam inhaled through thier noses, and dislike water. Tsem grew up on Banqaq, a boiling desert world. Water, moisture and abundant life are rather 'Unnatural" to him.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 28, 2006, 11:27:57 am
Looking out the window, Xulkmato peers out of a window. He pulls out the communicator yet again and secretly delivers a message
"I think its unlikely that anyone will recieve your message Mr Xulkmato" said Liszt, stepping into the room (well, sliding).
"I'm measuring severe ionic interferance in the atmosphere... perhaps an artificially created Arcadian countermeasure."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 28, 2006, 11:33:35 am
Blinx dashes in and shouts, "does anyone know where I can find some glue?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 28, 2006, 11:40:57 am
Slack sees Mr. Fiske at the control panel and swims over to him.

"Nice landing... I hope you're not trying to kill me too," he says with a laugh. "Do you have any idea where we're going from here? We're in some kind of bog... and I'd rather find the treasure and get it back here before the ship sinks in too far to get out."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 28, 2006, 02:28:58 pm
OOC: Well, that wasn't actually the landing as such but whatever. The upshot of it all was that some orbital defence system shot the freighter down. Since some of you are looking out, I'll take us straight to the crash site.

IC:
The smouldering scar in the jungle left by the freighter trailed off in the distance with wreckage strewn along its length. At its end lay a twisted heap of metal from which the survivors were emerging slowly. All around was nothing but jungle, the thickest that any of them had seen. Even now, it seemed that the scar was being encroached upon by the vegetation. Fiske, in his exo-suit, led Slack out to the ship's edge.
"I'm going to try to preserve what water and supplies we have on the ship but I fear it's not going to be made operational again, even with young Dom working night and day. For now, we're here and the riches are ours!"

The jungle was rich. A huge variety of greens, accompanied by reds, blues and yellows sang out in glorious colourful chorus around. There was song from the native creatures and the sounds of the jungle were a constant background roar. Somewhere nearby, rushing water could be found. There was a loud call from some creature far off, and a great flock of flying creatures wheeled past overhead.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 28, 2006, 02:52:40 pm
After being awakened when the movements of the ship threw him off his cot and onto the floor, Gaff stoof up, rubbing his eyes, and muttered, "Guess we're here"

...

As he rejoined the rest of the crew, and began looking at the planet, he marveled at the lush jungle all around. "It...it looks just like Tjorn" he said aloud, in awe. Noticing a few of the crew members looking at him strangely, he said "Tjorn was the torpals' home planet, destroyed thousands of years ago...the holo-art I've seen of it...looked just like this, a beautiful jungle world..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 28, 2006, 03:01:18 pm
Liszt pulled out his multiscanner and swept it around in the air.

"incredible... hmmm... oh!"
addressing the rest of the survivors:
"The atmosphere is composed of oxygen, Nitrogen, carbon dioxide, methane, krypton, phlogiston and nasga primarilly. That should pose a problem for any of us... high humidity... you may find yourself a little overhydrated, father."
Looking up from his scanner he took a look around the area...
"Right... our first task is to establish a base camp. We'll need to clear away this vegetation and salvage what we can from the ship... hopefully its not too badly damaged to take us waya again once weve finished exploring"
Liszt begins to organise two groups, one to clear a space, and one to start carrying equipment from the striken ship.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 28, 2006, 03:07:01 pm
Blinx volunteers to carry items out of the ship, in the hope of finding some sort of adhesive.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 28, 2006, 03:09:37 pm
Remembering the horror flicks of his childhood, Pzhystan shuddered. A very popular theme was a jungle planet covered in carnivorous vegetation and giant beasts. The heroes always managed to get stuck in the plants and then (rather unwillingly) eat themselves out. The Ptashki are carnivorous, mind you.

Anyway, he volunteered to take equipment back from the ship. It was the safer of the two choices, and via his scanner he could detect any gas leaks, electrical failure, etc.. early. Also, he hoped that Blinx and Dom would take that choice also, for his own reasons.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 28, 2006, 03:17:18 pm
Blinx walks up to Pzhystan on the way, "so, that was quite a bumpy landing eh?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 28, 2006, 03:31:14 pm
"I find that hovering during landings lessens the probability of an unsightly bruise."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 28, 2006, 03:32:18 pm
Lehnrin untangles herself from the wreckage

So how the hell are we going to get off this rock?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 28, 2006, 03:34:26 pm
Redblood look amazed at the jungle.

"I have never seen anything like it. I have only heard tales of the Nobles gardens and the forests of Æthir. It wounderfull!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 28, 2006, 03:36:07 pm
"Well, someones going to need to chop some of it down... how good are you with a machete?"
Said Liszt offering a large knife to Redblood
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 28, 2006, 03:41:31 pm
Redblood take the large knife that Liszt offered

"I will do my best Liszt! Just point the way and i shall cut it down. Heck you can give me 3 more knifes and maybe it will go quicker."

Answered Redblood with a grin on his faces.  ;D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 28, 2006, 03:47:10 pm
"Excellent. I'll see if i can find some more"

Liszt opens his trunk and starts rumaging inside, eventually producing three more machetes.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 28, 2006, 03:48:34 pm
Lenhrin turns to Liszt

I'm not must good with a machete but I can use my thermal blade to chop some trees down
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 28, 2006, 03:49:39 pm
"I find that hovering during landings lessens the probability of an unsightly bruise."

"I suppose bulletproof armor helps too"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 28, 2006, 03:57:27 pm
Gaff watches as Redblood begins to chop down wood, and angrily walks away. I could chop down wood too if my muscles were freakishly large, he thinks to himself.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 28, 2006, 03:59:22 pm
OOC: You know, Yokto, there was some back country inbreeding in Kentucky, and some people got blue blood. Not vein blue, that's really dark red. Real blue blood, and thus they looked like Smurfs. Just to show you that the Redblood thing isn't too far off.

IC: Pzhystan looked around at the ship's inventory, taking note of medical lasers, cutting tools, shovels, precision blowtorches, flasks, and basic robotic machinery. "You know, Blinx, if we don't find the equivalent of a hospital, we can build an impromptu one underground near the ship. Dom would probably help us, don't you think? People might want to take advantage of it if we tell them, so let's keep it between me, you, and Dom. If he agrees, of course. To gaurd it so people don't 'accidently' (OOC: I'm looking at you, anonymous story wrecker) stumble in on it, we can set up a camera near the entrance and hook it up to your mech. What do you think?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 28, 2006, 04:09:08 pm
"Sounds like a plan! Anyway, do you have any adhesive?" Blinx opens a panel and starts fixing some wires.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 28, 2006, 04:12:39 pm
Pzhystan hovers from carnage site to carnage site. "Will Krazy Glue do? There is some velcro holding these wires together, but it looks a bit too important."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 28, 2006, 04:14:37 pm
OOC: You know, Yokto, there was some back country inbreeding in Kentucky, and some people got blue blood. Not vein blue, that's really dark red. Real blue blood, and thus they looked like Smurfs. Just to show you that the Redblood thing isn't too far off.
OOC: inbreeding is actually something Æthiran try to avoid like the plague as it weakens the gens and reduse the diverstry. But selective breeding is something that is often used. This selective breeding is mainly done to assurer a healthy stock and not to breed the most productive workers. But Æthirans believe that if the workforces is healthy then it will work harder and be less susceptible to bio weapons. (Which is a greater fear for any lord.) Still even if they are bread to be of prime healthy their often overwork which wears them down. One could say that Techomancers (Which usually handels breeding) try to breed a healthy stock wiles Nobles (Which usually handels the low tech manufacturing and resources collecting) try to exploit the workforces as hard as they can.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 28, 2006, 04:19:10 pm
Pzhystan hovers from carnage site to carnage site. "Will Krazy Glue do? There is some velcro holding these wires together, but it looks a bit too important."

"Yeah, sure" Blinx takes the glue and sticks it into an empty box at her waste. "I gotta go find my room now... Wanna come?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 28, 2006, 04:36:54 pm
"Sure, I am interested in what a mech requires in its living space. Just let me do a quick fix."

Ever suspicious, Pzhystan finds a small radio and configures it to pick up voices on his prosthetic microphone, unbeknown to Blinx.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 28, 2006, 04:43:25 pm
"I think this is it, but the door's stuck..." Blinx stands back and jumps at the door, busting it down. Inside was a bed with a ripped open blanket, cotton wool everywhere. Also a rug on the floor.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 28, 2006, 04:54:16 pm
Pzhystan scratched the back of his head. "Well someone packs Spartan. Need help cleaning this up?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 28, 2006, 05:27:02 pm
Quasqado stumbles out of the freighter after the unceremonious landing. "...I'm gonna...get to work." With a grunt, his  metallic fingers on his left arm bend back, and a high tech chainsaw emerges. He begins to assist Redblood in defoliating the area, slicing through trees with his left arm, gripping them and tossing them away handily with his right hand.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 28, 2006, 05:37:20 pm
Zesh! The ghulos too? Who else is gonna join?, Gaff angrily thinks too himself. Even though he had walked away, he still continued to keep an eye on the trees.  As the two continued working, Gaff daydreamed about simply blasting the trees down...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 28, 2006, 05:40:07 pm
As the defoliation progressed, there was a loud squawking noise and a huge bird-like creature flew overhead. It made a pass of the clearing and then perched on a high branch. Meanwhile, Redblood and Quasqado were starting to get tired as the jungle seemed to thicken as they worked.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 28, 2006, 05:48:54 pm
unbeknown to the band of treasure hunters, two figures in the jungel is watching them. Zhix and Axon had seen their ship crash from their "Home" in the jungle and made their way to the crash site. They where trying  to decide if they should introduse themself!

Axon: "They seem to be privateers, space pirates or something in that, I think that we should be cautious!"

Zhix: "Well... their landing was a bit better than ours... Right?"  

A: "Shut up! I told you that every landing you can walk away from is a good landing."

Z: "Are you kidding me? you made a half mile big HOLE in the jungle. That is NOT a landing!"

A:  Stop it... Its almost a year ago, and I would like to see how well you would have made it here without me... Now, what should we do, they may be able to help us... then again they might just decide to kill us for the fun of it and leave us here to rot!"

Axon griped his spear and hid his blaster inside his dirty robe.

Axon: "Well there is only one way to find out... Lets go meet the neighbors! You stay her and keep quiet in case that they are not friendly."

before Zhix could stop him, Axon jumped over the boulder they where hiding behind, into the clear sight of the group.

"Hey there... Welcome to the neighborhood!" He yelled...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 28, 2006, 05:56:43 pm
Quasqado breathes heavily, and pauses to wipe sweat from his brow. "You people could help too you know...I'm sure atleast one of you brought enough heavy firepower to get rid of some of this foliage..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 28, 2006, 05:58:27 pm
In one single, fluid, motion, Gaff leapt forward* and drew both his blasters, and in the time it took the rest of the crew to gasp, Gaff had his blasters and shoulder cannons pointing at the newcomer. He glares at Liszt and says "I thought this planet was supposed to be abandoned!" as he turns back to the intruder asks simply, "Who the hell are you?"


*ooc: he was leaning against a tree something...i didn't say it earlier, i just thought this'd help picture it  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 28, 2006, 06:01:16 pm
Quasqado scowls harshly at Gaff. "...That's no way to greet someone, Grunt. I think you should leave Mr. Lizst to the diplomacy with the natives."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 28, 2006, 06:03:41 pm
Axon consentrates to make the nanobots, he consist of, shape themself into an appealing face, he cast back the top of his hood and smiles to the blasters pointed at him

"I am Axon, Now... who are YOU!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 28, 2006, 06:08:17 pm
Turning one shoulder cannon towards Quasqado, Gaff menacingly says "Don't call me a grunt, ghulos."

Gaff then responds to Axon "Where looking for..." He pauses for a moment, not wanting to reveal the group's intentions. "...something. Now how did you get here?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 28, 2006, 06:12:40 pm
"You shouldn't threaten me, you scrawny overcompensating goon..." mutters Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 28, 2006, 06:19:51 pm
OOC: I can delete the post if is needed. I just reacted on how the situeation presented it self.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 28, 2006, 06:24:48 pm
"You shouldn't threaten me, you scrawny overcompensating goon..." mutters Quasqado.

The moment he heard 'scrawny' and overcompensating', Gaff forgot all about Axon and turned to face Quasqado, all guns pointing at him. "Not...another...word!" Gaff says, fuming, and now breathing heavily. He yells to the rest of the group "Deal with the new guy yourself!" As he angrily marches back inside the wrecked ship.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 28, 2006, 06:27:23 pm
OOC: The Suprices moment is however somewhat spoiled now. But know this my post did not happend. Do not use Redblood fear of the Emperors Shadow as meta knowledge. Also i need to go to bed soon so i would appreciate if you try to hide you shape shifting ability until i can play again. Krakow Sam are hear by granted the control of Redblood.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 28, 2006, 06:30:12 pm
"You shouldn't threaten me, you scrawny overcompensating goon..." mutters Quasqado.

The moment he heard 'scrawny' and overcompensating', Gaff forgot all about Axon and turned to face Quasqado, all guns pointing at him. "Not...another...word!" Gaff says, fuming, and now breathing heavily. He yells to the rest of the group "Deal with the new guy yourself!" As he angrily marches back inside the wrecked ship.
Quasqado snickers a bit, "I hope I didn't make him cry."

Inside his head, he feels genuinely bad for what he did, although he was rather tired of being shoved around by mercenaries, he hopes he didn't hurt Gaff's feelings.

((I have to go now. I'll be back on tomorrow.))
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 28, 2006, 06:33:37 pm
(OOC: Nevermind I will just continue!)

The blades rip through Axons clothes and they fall off... Axon stands before the group in what clearly is a Nanosuit! with deep markings after the blades.

"That wasn't very nice!"

Axon grips one of Redbloods arms and throgh him to the ground! (OOC: I hope thats OK)

Edit: Now what hapened?

ooc: lol i almost wish i hadn't stormed into the ship; would've liked to deal with that  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 28, 2006, 06:35:31 pm
(OOC: Nevermind I will just continue!)

The blades rip through Axons clothes and they fall off... Axon stands before the group in what clearly is a Nanosuit! with deep markings after the blades.

"That wasn't very nice!"

Axon grips one of Redbloods arms and throgh him to the ground! (OOC: I hope thats OK)

Edit: Now what hapened?
OOC: Ahh... Heck! Do not change all things all the time. how should i correct this now? I have allready deleted my old post and was going to go to bed. Why to all the exting thing happen at 3 a clock at the morring?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 28, 2006, 06:38:35 pm
OOC dont worry I have already deleted that post!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 28, 2006, 06:41:46 pm
OOC: OK no suprices for now. I will not answer any more post for a wile now.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 28, 2006, 06:42:24 pm
(OOC: Moving on!)

"I crashed here nearly a year ago! Now tell me, why are you REALLY here, nobody would set down on a planet like this without a damn good reason!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 28, 2006, 07:03:03 pm
Timesjai walks down onto the surface of the planet. Hearing the last question she answers with one of her own. "Why, is there something wrong with this planet?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 28, 2006, 07:03:57 pm
ooc: I just put our last posts together, re-organized, and slightly edited a few of them to make more sense... :)

ic:
Quasqado breathes heavily, and pauses to wipe sweat from his brow. "You people could help too you know...I'm sure at least one of you brought enough heavy firepower to get rid of some of this foliage..."

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to the band of treasure hunters, two figures in the jungle are watching them. Zhix and Axon had seen their ship crash from their "home" in the jungle and made their way to the crash site. They where trying to decide if they should introduse themselves!

Axon: "They seem to be privateers, space pirates or something like that; I think that we should be cautious!"
Zhix: "Well... their landing was a bit better than ours... Right?" 
Axon: "Shut up! I told you that every landing you can walk away from is a good landing."
Zhix: "Are you kidding me? you made a half mile big HOLE in the jungle. That is NOT a landing!"
Axon:  Stop it... Its almost a year ago, and I would like to see how well you would have made it here without me... Now, what should we do, they may be able to help us... then again they might just decide to kill us for the fun of it and leave us here to rot!"
Axon gripped his spear and hid his blaster inside his dirty robe.
Axon: "Well there is only one way to find out... Lets go meet the neighbors! You stay her and keep quiet in case that they are not friendly."
Before Zhix could stop him, Axon jumped over the boulder they where hiding behind, into the clear sight of the group.
"Hey there... Welcome to the neighborhood!" He yelled...

In one single, fluid, motion, Gaff leapt forward and drew both his blasters, and in the time it took the rest of the crew to gasp, Gaff had his blasters and shoulder cannons pointing at the newcomer. He glares at Liszt and says "I thought this planet was supposed to be abandoned!" as he turns back to the intruder, he asks simply, "Who the hell are you?"

Quasqado scowls harshly at Gaff. "That's no way to greet someone, grunt. I think you should leave Mr. Lizst to the diplomacy with the natives."
Turning one shoulder cannon towards Quasqado, Gaff menacingly says "Don't call me a grunt, ghulos."

"Ahem." Axon concentrates, to make the nanobots he consists of shape themselves into an appealing face. He casts back the top of his hood, and smiles to the blasters pointed at him. "I am Axon...Now, who are YOU?!"

Gaff responds to Axon "We're looking for..." He pauses for a moment, not wanting to reveal the group's intentions. "...something. Now how did you get here?"

Before Axon can reply, Quasqado mutters,"You shouldn't threaten me, you scrawny, overcompensating, goon..."

The moment he heard 'scrawny' and overcompensating', Gaff forgot all about Axon and turned to face Quasqado, all guns pointing at him. "Not...another...word!" Gaff says, fuming, and now breathing heavily. He yells to the rest of the group "Deal with the new guy yourself!" As he storms back inside the wrecked ship.

Quasqado snickers a bit, "I hope I didn't make him cry." Inside his head, he feels genuinely bad for what he did, although he was rather tired of being shoved around by mercenaries. He hopes he didn't hurt Gaff's feelings.

After a moment, Axon calls out to the rest of the group, "I crashed here nearly a year ago! Now tell me, why are you REALLY here? Nobody would set down on a planet like this without a damn good reason!"

Timesjai walks down onto the surface of the planet. Hearing Axon's question she answers with one of her own. "Why? Is there something wrong with this planet?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 28, 2006, 07:44:31 pm
OOC: And what? did Timesjai just vanish?  :D
Really thanks for the orginazation. At the end of all this someone (Or a group) should organize the entire thread, so it can be read without all the OOC. Also could that be done for the Haclyon war?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 28, 2006, 07:55:27 pm
OOC: And what? did Timesjai just vanish?  :D
Really thanks for the orginazation. At the end of all this someone (Or a group) should organize the entire thread, so it can be read without all the OOC. Also could that be done for the Haclyon war?

i added her at the end. and no problem, everything got confusing for a bit there, just thought id help  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 28, 2006, 11:30:18 pm
A rustling sound is heard and Xulkmato appears to the side of these new individuals. His crossbow was already pointing a them when he de camoflauged

"Don't move, just listen to the others and answer their questions."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 28, 2006, 11:40:39 pm
Pzhystan scratched the back of his head. "Well someone packs Spartan. Need help cleaning this up?"

"No! No, eh, I'm in need of this stuff.." Blinx goes over to the window and looks out, "look" she calls the doctor, "who is that?" She points at axon outside.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 28, 2006, 11:41:55 pm
Timesjai looks over to Xulkmato. "I'm not sure that we need to use force to get them to comply, they seem pretty rational to me. As for your question I am deeply sorry but that isn't for me to answer. Now would you like me to fetch someone who could be able to answer you a little better?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 29, 2006, 12:09:38 am
OOC: Sorry about not posting for a bit, work has been HELL... and I've only been there two days!  :-\ I'm going to quit, it's pure BS

IC:

Through all the commotion no one had noticed that Slack had left the group and dissappeared. Just as Gaff was about to enter the ship, a plasma bolt struck the hull near his head. As he turned around and raised his guns, he saw a shadow up in a tree.

"You know Torpal, you're not a very pleasant creature. So rude, very arrogant. I suggest you appologize to our vistor, or the next shot I fire won't miss."

Slack jumped out of the tree, easily a 30 foot drop, and landed with a bounce. He was wearing a beige hat and a tan coat, and twirled his plasma plaster around his webbed finger to slid it back into its holster. He turned to Axon and introduced himself.

"I am Slack - certified businessman, laywer, venture captitalist, chartered accountant, real estate agent, bar chain owner, dentist, historian, archeologist, and professional dog walker. We are here to study the ancient Arcadian civilization. Could you possibly point us in the direction of some interesting or pertnant ruins?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 29, 2006, 12:21:59 am
While Slack introduces himself to Axon, Gaff quietly walks up to him, and presses the four barrels of one blaster into his back. "You're not too pleasant yourself" Gaff hisses. "I suggest YOU don't shoot at me...my next shot wouldn't miss either." Gaff pushes Slack onto the ground, and heads back inside the ship, shoulder cannons pointed at the rising gryfon the entire time.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 12:26:10 am
Blinx, walking out, passes Gaff and whispers, "you should have shot him, what gun was that?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 29, 2006, 12:28:51 am
Gaff laughs to himself as he quickly whispers, smiling "What? You've never seen a commado pistol?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 29, 2006, 12:33:11 am
Slack, expecting and relying on Gaff's reaction, picks himself up and addresses Axon again.

"I'm sorry about that. Most of the crew are... restless from the journey. That is to say, they're mostly all rude and barbaric. I, however, wish to befriend you. Perhaps we can help eachother find some things we're looking for."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 12:38:12 am
Gaff laughs to himself as he quickly whispers, smiling "What? You've never seen a commado pistol?"

"I spent most of my life in a space colony fighting to survive, because of your race, I wouldn't have had alot of time to study torpalian weaponry."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 29, 2006, 12:39:52 am
"Good point...Usually the only omics to see this baby end up in our stomaches" Gaffs adds, with a malicious grin, before finally going back to his room.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 12:43:05 am
"Blinx simply replies, "not yours, weakling" then turns and exits the ship.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 29, 2006, 01:00:59 am
Slack and Axon had watched the scene between Gaff and Blinx.

"As I said, not very pleasant. Fight fight fight - all they think about. Only reason we brought them along is because we had no idea what we would find here. I do hope that you are far more civilized Mr. Axon. You look like an intelligent being, and like you know a thing or two about business."

OOC: My GOD I love playing as Slack! He's such a manipulative little bastard hehe  ;D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 01:19:47 am
Blinx gets out of the ship and approaches Axon, "who is this?" she pauses and looks at Slack, "and why are you talking to this guy? He isn't worth punching in the face, not that I haven't considered that."

ooc - I love playing Blinx too! I love hating Slack ecspecially  :P
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 29, 2006, 01:23:10 am
Liszt emerges from the ship holding a stck of miscellaneous equipment, saying something vague about ionic disturbances... noticing the newcomers he looks up sharply.
"My word! I know who you are! Axon right? I was grown on Azuron, I heard about you!"
Liszt once again pulls out his scanner and begins excitedly scanning Axon.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 01:29:50 am
"Don't leave me standing in the dark! Who is Axon?" Blinx is very impatient with this guy.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 01:41:33 am
"Who I am is not your main problem right now... It will be dark soon and the creatures of this planet will find us if we don't find shelter!"

Axon looks at the Vis who is scanning him.

"Where have you heard of me, I would appreciate it greatly if you would stop scanning me NOW!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 01:43:36 am
"Well, where do you go for shelter?" Blinx also looks at the ViS, "what is with you and scanning stuff?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 29, 2006, 01:59:23 am
"knowledge is power Miss Blinx. Mr Axon, your name is something of a legend on Azuron... is it true you one managed to... no, I suppose it isnt, no-one could cause that much damage."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 02:05:42 am
"Really? I always presumed guns were power, but I got enough guns already, so I might give this knowledge thing a try.... In the next millenia!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 02:06:33 am
Axon stares at the ViS.

"I am sure that it must be another person named Axon you are talking about!"

he turns to Blinx

"Aha a Omic! I have not seen one of your kind for a long time... Nice suit!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 29, 2006, 02:08:25 am
"Really? I always presumed guns were power, but I got enough guns already, so I might give this knowledge thing a try.... In the next millenia!"
"Hmmm. Quite. Never mind that in scanning your suit Ive found twelve potentially fatal defects I could exploit at any time were you to become... hostile."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 02:11:38 am
"Well its quite an endangered species, currently there are 5 on Scion and that's all I know of."

Blinx looks at the ViS, "hmmm, I'll keep that in mind."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 02:18:06 am
Axon views the two with a air of; WTF is happening?.

"Charming... Well I believe that it is time to start getting back into your ship!"

his words are strengthen by the sinister cry of a unknown creature in the jungle.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 02:19:51 am
"Oh come on, I wanna see some action!" Blinx looks eagerly at the sun, how long untill the sun goes down?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 02:42:18 am
It seems that the vegetation is growing even further in. The scar behind the ship, when noticed, is more-or-less covered with smaller creeping plants. As the area where Redblood and Quasqado had been working was left alone, it seemed that the undergrowth started to grow back thicker than before.
The large bird continues to watch, impassively. There is a rustling in the bushes at the south of the clearing, which the bird immediately jerks its head towards.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 02:49:54 am
Noticing whats happening around them. Axon draws his blaster.

"If I where you, I would run back into the ship... NOW!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 02:51:33 am
"You must be joking! The ship sucks! Can I help?" A large panel opens on the mechs right shoulder and a large gun slides out.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 29, 2006, 02:52:40 am
"I would listen to Mr Axon. The Ionic residue on his body indicates he has been here for over a year. Everyone retreat to the ship!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 02:55:00 am
"Awwww, fine. But I ain't leaving here without some action!" The gun slides pack in and the panel goes back over.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 29, 2006, 02:55:27 am
Redblood follows Liszt-5 command
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 29, 2006, 02:57:49 am
As the adventurers run for the ship, the vegetation writhes and encroaches on the vessel. Soon the entire ship is encased in creepers and vines...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 03:01:12 am
Blinx looks out the window and sees only vines, "something tells me that vegetation isn't normal, then shouts, "blankets!" and runs off.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 03:20:39 am
As the adventurers run for the ship, the vegetation writhes and encroaches on the vessel. Soon the entire ship is encased in creepers and vines...

Uh, not really.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 29, 2006, 03:37:07 am
well, ok... very slowly... if they waited a few hours the ship would be covered in vegetation.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 03:38:12 am
Again, probably not. The vegetation is following its own rules which I don't really want to reveal.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 29, 2006, 03:41:39 am
Lehnrin arms her staff of light while keeping an eye on the giant bird
I know I don't eat but does anyone want poultry for dinner?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 04:08:30 am
 
Lehnrin arms her staff of light while keeping an eye on the giant bird
I know I don't eat but does anyone want poultry for dinner?

Blinx walks up and looks at the bird, then at Lehnrin, "give it your best shot, lets see your aim"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 29, 2006, 04:30:44 am
OOC: Daxx if this bird is actually important please PM so I can delete this
Lehnrin lines up the staff, aflash tempororly blinds all the watchers
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 04:37:43 am
The bird wheels away and the shot misses by inches. It swoops down, almost taking off Lehnrin's head as he ducks just in time. Flying off and circling around, it stays in the air now.

OOC: You get no hints as to what's important and what's not, sorry.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 29, 2006, 04:39:52 am
OOC: With that low Dex is understandable if she missed.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 04:50:54 am
Axon drops his spear and draws his other pistol; a Wexxian Pacifier (Liszt might recognize this weapon) and fires a few shots at the bird.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 29, 2006, 04:54:38 am
OOC: With that low Dex is understandable if he missed.
She, it's a She and since it's a laser weapon Dex isn't really an issue, it's more like Int because you have to calculate the targets position
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 04:59:03 am
The bird, irritated at being shot at, swoops down and rakes Axon across the face. It flies off, just out of sight over the tree-line. Meanwhile, the rustling in the bushes starts again.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 29, 2006, 05:02:10 am
crap, anyone else got guns!?
Lehnrin lines up her own weapon and orders her blade drones to protect her if the bird attacks again
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 29, 2006, 05:15:40 am
Liszt looks on with bemusement as the party vainly tries to kill the almost harmless bird.
"Sorry to spoil everyones fun but this might be ended quicker if we all just went back into the ship"
He said, climbing up the exit ramp.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 29, 2006, 05:43:40 am
OOC: With that low Dex is understandable if he missed.
She, it's a She and since it's a laser weapon Dex isn't really an issue, it's more like Int because you have to calculate the targets position
OOC: Sorry missed the S. :P Anyway you still need Dex to aim with a Laser. Hand eye coordination is a part of Dex.

(Actually you even need a lot of Dex to play pool. Int will help at deciding which order you are going to take the ball but is Dex that will do the job of actually hitting the right balls.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 29, 2006, 05:45:10 am
OOC: Why does this thread ONLY get posted in when im asleep?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 05:58:10 am
OOC: With that low Dex is understandable if he missed.
She, it's a She and since it's a laser weapon Dex isn't really an issue, it's more like Int because you have to calculate the targets position
OOC: Sorry missed the S. :P Anyway you still need Dex to aim with a Laser. Hand eye coordination is a part of Dex.

(Actually you even need a lot of Dex to play pool. Int will help at deciding which order you are going to take the ball but is Dex that will do the job of actually hitting the right balls.)

Again, the stats are just a guide. It's best not to be too obsessed by them.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 29, 2006, 06:05:33 am
OOC: With that low Dex is understandable if he missed.
She, it's a She and since it's a laser weapon Dex isn't really an issue, it's more like Int because you have to calculate the targets position
OOC: Sorry missed the S. :P Anyway you still need Dex to aim with a Laser. Hand eye coordination is a part of Dex.

(Actually you even need a lot of Dex to play pool. Int will help at deciding which order you are going to take the ball but is Dex that will do the job of actually hitting the right balls.)

Again, the stats are just a guide. It's best not to be too obsessed by them.
OOC: Yeah in theory you could have hit the bird with only 3 in all stats as plain old luck could have saved you.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 06:07:14 am
OOC: Yeah in theory you could have hit the bird with only 3 in all stats as plain old luck could have saved you.
OOC: Or if it fits the story better for you to hit it. ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 29, 2006, 06:13:42 am
OOC: Yeah in theory you could have hit the bird with only 3 in all stats as plain old luck could have saved you.
OOC: Or if it fits the story better for you to hit it. ;)
OOC: I thought of adding divine intervetion to the list.  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 29, 2006, 08:08:13 am
OOC: Why/How exactly did we get on the problem/subject of hitting a Random bird?

And My Char asks the people why they are shooting at it as well.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 29, 2006, 08:11:14 am
Quasqado retreats to the ship, peering out a viewhole to see all his work was for nothing. "This blows..." He rummages in his backpack to withdraw his Ghulos Defoliator, a small handheld device that uses gouts of flame to eliminate plantlife. He examines it, and make sure it's ready to use, before replacing it back in his pack.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 08:17:29 am
From the bushes emerged some dog-like lizards, which scurried towards the rapidly-greening scar left by the ship's crash. They started ripping apart the plants which had crept across the burnt mess and appeared to be eating them. In the distance, the cries of more bird-like creatures could be heard.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 29, 2006, 08:20:01 am
Redblood remmarks: "What a odd little creature."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 29, 2006, 08:24:57 am
As the lizard-dogs continue on, Zhix wakes up (lets say thats what he did). Noticing the ship, again, he yells "Huh! Oh, Axon! A ship crashed! Come on, maybe we can get some more metal!..... Oh, right... Um, hello, I guess youve met my "driver" Axon." As Zhix continues on, he notices some random creature chewing on his side " What the hell is that!" As quickly as he can, pulls off the menace, and continues "So, uh, what did I miss?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 29, 2006, 08:36:22 am
Quasqado quickly regrets not wearing his pink jumpsuit today, and makes a mental note to apologize to Captain Fiske for saying the idea was "silly."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 29, 2006, 08:51:21 am
"Why Fire at these animals? Useless death breeds more of the same. The Unspoken forgive you your callous hearts. Of course, if they prove dangerous..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 29, 2006, 09:00:54 am
"I agree with the father. The bird wasnt hostile until Ms Lehnrin tried to shoot at it. Now can everyone get inside the ship. I will be closing the outer hatch in thirty microcycles (seconds) whether everyone is on board or not"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 29, 2006, 09:06:29 am
"Okay then, but theres a problem there. Your outer hatch is probly not attached any more, and why do you say microcycles? What are you, a robot?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 29, 2006, 09:09:04 am
Liszt rolls his eye and points at the still perfectly functional cargo-bay door. Then holds up his scanner, clearly visible is the time display in cycles, milicycles and microcycles.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 29, 2006, 09:13:48 am
OOC: That doesint sound very likely since you people crashed on the planet, also Kratokians can't "see"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 29, 2006, 09:15:09 am
OOC: By this point Timesjai is in the ship.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 09:15:57 am
OOC: That doesint sound very likely since you people crashed on the planet

OOC: To settle this, at least several doors are still functional. Ic-Fiske is still holding water in the ship, as parts of it are relatively undamaged and all Icthian ships are designed with minimising atmospheric losses in mind (ie. they are overengineered structurally, and have many compartments).
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 29, 2006, 09:18:55 am
Tsem waits, beckoning others into the ship...he waits, in case he is required to grab stragglers.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 29, 2006, 09:23:18 am
Noticing the intact areas, Zhix bends down on all fours and walks in "Stupid ViS"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 09:28:45 am
The squawking in the distance grows louder, and the lizards scatter away from the scar. Bursting out into the clearing is a large and powerfully built cat-lizard (OOC: looking somewhat like a cross between a tiger and a crocodile). It lunges and snaps at one of the smaller lizards, catching its tail. Tossing it up into the air, it graps its neck with its jaws and crushes it, before tearing flesh from the body hungrily. Overhead, birds can be seen circling.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 29, 2006, 09:31:17 am
Quasqado watches the gruesome scene with interest from the viewhole, noting the cat-lizard's style of attack, and method of subduing prey.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on June 29, 2006, 09:33:20 am
(Ooc: Oh that reminds me, can you give me some detail about the creatures on the planet? I mean my character is specialized in animal behaviour and has been here for about a year.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 09:39:23 am
(Ooc: Oh that reminds me, can you give me some detail about the creatures on the planet? I mean my character is specialized in animal behaviour and has been here for about a year.)
OOC: I'll PM some stuff to you.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 29, 2006, 10:40:52 am
Xulkmato doesn't enter the ship. He camoflauges himself and crawls onto the top of th sip. The others don't notice he's not their as he's almost invisible most of the time anyway
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 29, 2006, 10:58:29 am
Tsem stares at the Lizard-beast with great dislike.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 29, 2006, 11:34:48 am
Oblivious to everything that's been happening since he went on the ship, Gaff lies on his cot, thinking about the members of his group that he'd like to 'introduce' to his shoulder cannons.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 11:50:49 am
Axon; knowing that its best to stay outside the foodchain enters the ship with the others.

"Alright... now WHY are you all here?" he ask the group.

(OOC: Daxx, could you PM me some info on the planet too? I mean, Axon has also been on that darn planet for a year!)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 12:19:32 pm
Blinx looks outside at the creatures and gets excited, "now THIS is the kind of excitement I've been looking for!" Then she enters her room and starts drawing up Torpal-related plans.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 29, 2006, 12:23:54 pm
Once again, no one has noticed that slack has dissapeared. Though all the commotion he had gone back inside the ship, crawled up through the wiring, and was once again on top of the ship like he had done back on Scion. He watched as the catodile tore apart the smaller lizogs, and gazed at the birds overhead.

"Humm... if I could wrangle one of those birds it'd be great for scouting around the planet. They're definately large enough to hold my weight... if only I had some way to bring it down without harming it."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 12:34:08 pm
Blinx approaches Axon and asks, "so, what the hell are you anyway?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 29, 2006, 12:47:35 pm
Suddenly Slack sees a movement on the side of the ship. He draws his blaster and points it in the direction of the movement, but theres nothing there. As he looks closer, he sees a slight distortion in the ships hull.

"Hello? Who ever you are, show yourself!"

OOC: Thats your cue chaosandwalls  ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 12:55:18 pm
Blinx approaches Axon and asks, "would you mind filling me in on what the hell happened to the Wexxians in the last few decades?

OOC: Axon hasn't revealed that he is a New-Wexxian yet! He is "Undercover!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 12:59:03 pm
Okay we'll say she said, "so, what are you?" instead, I'll go and edit the post. ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 29, 2006, 12:59:47 pm
Blinx approaches Axon and asks, "would you mind filling me in on what the hell happened to the Wexxians in the last few decades?

OOC: Axon hasn't revealed that he is a New-Wexxian yet! He is "Undercover!"

He's tall, wearing a robe, and has hands... hes obviously not a normal Wexxian  :P
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 01:18:01 pm
Blinx approaches Axon and asks, "so, what the hell are you anyway?"

Avoiding to look directly at Blinx, Axon looks out of the nearest window.

"I... Am not important!... You are a Omic aren't you?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 01:21:48 pm
"Well yes I am an Omic, why aren't you important?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 01:29:24 pm
"I know of the Omics, they have had rough time in the last 200 years! you lost your home planet, right?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 01:35:48 pm
She nods, "and most of the species"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 01:43:12 pm
"Did nobody try to save anyone of your species? relocate the population? Offer planets as places for new colonies?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 01:50:21 pm
"The nova wasn't the problem, our size was, and apparently most species enjoyed our taste" She thinks back to that faithful night her parents were killed and she escaped to Scion...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 01:55:00 pm
"That´s just sad! didn't the CAB help you?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 01:58:34 pm
"There wasn't much to help after a while... anyway, I have no idea what happened after that, after the nova everything just started going wrong.."

OOC : If anyone wants the story of what happened to Blinx just ask and I'll write it in the Omic thread.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 29, 2006, 02:00:03 pm
"Everything has been going wrong for a long time!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 29, 2006, 02:04:11 pm
Causiously Slack approches the distortion. He pokes at it with his gun, and Xulkmeto uncloaks.

"Aha! The resident Xometrian. Sneaking around are we? We'll, so am I... perhaps we can be of assistance to eachother."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 02:06:34 pm
"Everything has been going wrong for a long time!"

"Sigh... The misfortune. I have no idea what to do when we return to scion if there is a succesful operation to seperate me from this mech"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 29, 2006, 02:09:08 pm
"Everything has been going wrong for a long time!"

"Sigh... The misfortune. I have no idea what to do when we return to scion if there is a succesful operation to seperate me from this mech"

OOC: I'm sure there's a chef somewhere looking for a main course, you should volunteer  :D

I'm on a roll with these Omic-as-food jokes  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 03:42:48 pm
 ::) hahahahaaa..
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 29, 2006, 03:47:22 pm
OOC: so did we kill that bird in the end, I've just got back from my summer job
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 29, 2006, 03:50:27 pm
OOC - Stupid bird... Stupid summer job... :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 29, 2006, 04:12:01 pm
The creature outside seemed to have finished its meal, and it loped off back into the undergrowth. As it left, the birds wheeling overhead dropped to the remains and started to strip them. They were surrounded by small flying insects, and paused occasionally to shake them off.
The sun overhead, which beat down heavily, was beginning to drop towards the east. The air was growing sticky and clouds were forming in the distance.

OOC:
@Jack: Ask Kratok to send you the stuff I sent him.
@Werechicken: Read the thread please. And remember, just because you have guns doesn't mean you should use them.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: werechicken on June 29, 2006, 04:15:25 pm
OOC: yes sir.... oh lookie a target jk!!!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 29, 2006, 04:22:43 pm
Redblood ask Liszt impartiality: "Who long are we going to sit hear and do nothing?"

OOC: I'm logging off now. Heck i do not need to tell you all that again. Just know that I'm generally not not online after 3 o clock in the morning GMT+1 . And you all know who is in command of my Char wile I'm gone if he need to do anything.  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 30, 2006, 12:55:27 am
Blinx looks at the time and looks at Axon, "I gotta go now, bye." she marches down the hall and thumps on Gaffs door. "Open up, come on!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 30, 2006, 12:59:16 am
Stirring from his daydreaming, Gaff sits up on his cot, and calls out "Is that the omic? What do you want?!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 30, 2006, 01:05:23 am
"Open up.... I have to give you someting.."

Edited because previous one was crap
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on June 30, 2006, 02:12:50 am
Redblood ask Liszt impartiality: "Who long are we going to sit hear and do nothing?"
"Ask our new friends over there"
replied Liszt, signalling to Axon and his comrade.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 30, 2006, 04:28:24 am
Redblood look at the new stranger a little skeptical and ask: "So what shall we do now? Just wait?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 30, 2006, 09:07:20 am
"We did not come here to wait in the ship. Mr. Liszt, do you have a plan? And, newcomer, what is your business on Arcadia? I apologise, but i also lack knowledge of your race."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 09:16:34 am
And, newcomer, what is your business on Arcadia?

OOC: Lol, that'll be news to them.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 30, 2006, 10:08:08 am
Redblood look at the new stranger a little skeptical and ask: "So what shall we do now? Just wait?"

"Now we wait, yes!" Axon looks at Redblood. "But don´t let me stop you, If you want to go out there, thats fine with me!"

"We did not come here to wait in the ship. Mr. Liszt, do you have a plan? And, newcomer, what is your business on Arcadia? I apologise, but i also lack knowledge of your race."

"My BUSINESS was to fly my Kratok employer, Zhix over there, to this planet so he could conduct scientific analysis of the planets ecosystem... Or something like that. He is an Ethologist, whatever that means! Then while we where flying Something happened and we lost almost all controll of the ship... So we crashed, and have been stuck on this rotten planet for a year!

Now! Why are YOU all here? and don´t give me any crap about you being on a exploration mission, I know your sort, either you are treasurehunters or space pirates... What have you to gain from this planet?"

(OOC: Daxx, Kratok has not replied yet and it is difficult to pretend to know something about whats out there! Cant you just send me, what you send to him?)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 30, 2006, 10:12:31 am
"Open up.... I have to give you someting.."

"I'd like to give you something too" Gaff mutters under his  breath, before calling out, "Yeah, hold on a sec". Getting up from his cot, Gaff fixes his shoulder cannons in front of him, and opens the door as he says "What do you wanna give me?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 30, 2006, 10:16:34 am
Redblood look at the new stranger a little skeptical and ask: "So what shall we do now? Just wait?"

"Now we wait, yes!" Axon looks at Redblood. "But don´t let me stop you, If you want to go out there, thats fine with me!"

"I'm just asking. Sitting in this place and doing nothing is not that productive and Liszt-5 said that i should ask you."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 11:09:29 am
(OOC: Daxx, Kratok has not replied yet and it is difficult to pretend to know something about whats out there! Cant you just send me, what you send to him?)

OOC: Heh, okay. You're getting a slightly censored version though (some stuff you'd only know if you were trained in that sort of thing).
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on June 30, 2006, 11:13:25 am
(On the roof)

 The slight distortion in the hull gradually fades from the colour of the ship to the colour and markings on the lizard. Xulmarab pauses briefly, and then takes a run. He jumps off the ship and onto the back of the lizard
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 30, 2006, 12:01:16 pm
"Open up.... I have to give you someting.."

"I'd like to give you something too" Gaff mutters under his  breath, before calling out, "Yeah, hold on a sec". Getting up from his cot, Gaff fixes his shoulder cannons in front of him, and opens the door as he says "What do you wanna give me?"

"Oh cool! I have shoulder cannons too" (yes, I do, look in my inventory) two panels slide open on the mechs shoulders, one bigger then the other.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 30, 2006, 12:09:55 pm
"yYeah, real nice." Gaff says sarcastically. "Do you actually have anything, or are you just wasting my time?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 30, 2006, 12:22:07 pm
She leans forward, "I'd like you to know i'll be killing you soon, so get prepared." She walks off.

OOC - Pretty pointless telling him, but she likes a fight first.  ;D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 30, 2006, 12:36:28 pm
As Blinx walks away, Gaff starts laughing hysterically, so hard that he doubles over and braces himself against the door. Blinx turns around with a glare. Gaff manages to calm himself down after a moment. "You're pretty funny, omic...no, no, really! Killing me...best laugh I've had in ages!" As Gaff fires a blast from one of his cannons at the wall next to Blinx, the blast narrowly avoiding her, he adds, "I'd like to see you try", as he goes back into his room and slams the door.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 30, 2006, 12:40:40 pm
Slack, disappointed with his fruitless talk with Xulkmeto, decides to leave, just as the giant bug jumps off the roof and onto the catodile. He yells at him.

"What the Omic are you doing!? Have you lost your minds!?"

A screetch is heard overhead. Slasck looks up, only to find one of the birds swooping down towards him. It grabs him in it's talons and carries the "poor" Gryfon high into the sky.

"Ahhh! Someone help! I've been birdnapped!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 30, 2006, 12:42:19 pm
Tsem hears the cry, but he is too slow to grab Slack, and does not dare risk firing at the bird....
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 12:46:23 pm
OOC: Can't you people keep track of what's going on in the thread? At least do me the favour of reading what I write. The bird left ages ago, and the cat-lizard has also left. I suggest you read the thread in future to save yourselves further embarrassment.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 30, 2006, 12:49:14 pm
OOC: I'm trying to read the damn thread but everyone is all over the damn place and I can't figure anything out. I think we need a recap, and to get everyone back together.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 30, 2006, 12:53:45 pm
"Aaah!" Blinx is angered, she shoots the TDLR at Gaff's bedroom door and it dissapears.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 30, 2006, 01:00:35 pm
Once more laying on his cot, Gaff simply calls out, nonchalant, "Great...now go find me a new door!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 30, 2006, 01:03:59 pm
Blinx rolls her eyes and throws three frisbee bombs into the room.
"You, are the most annoying person I have ever met."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 01:05:59 pm
OOC: I'm trying to read the damn thread but everyone is all over the damn place and I can't figure anything out. I think we need a recap, and to get everyone back together.

OOC: All you'd have to do is read my IC posts, surely.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 30, 2006, 01:07:56 pm
OOC:Its become increasingly difficult as no-one specifies where they are,and we nothing about our surroundings to visualize.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 01:11:43 pm
OOC:Its become increasingly difficult as no-one specifies where they are,and we nothing about our surroundings to visualize.

OOC: Again, read my IC posts and use your imagination. I'd draw a picture for you, but I can't.

Edit: I'll add a more full description here again, for those of you who missed the first time round and are too lazy to go back and read.

The smouldering scar in the jungle left by the freighter trailed off in the distance with wreckage strewn along its length. At its end lay a twisted heap of metal from which the survivors were emerging slowly. All around was nothing but jungle, the thickest that any of them had seen. Even now, it seemed that the scar was being encroached upon by the vegetation.
The jungle was rich. A huge variety of greens, accompanied by reds, blues and yellows sang out in glorious colourful chorus around. There was song from the native creatures and the sounds of the jungle were a constant background roar. Somewhere nearby, rushing water could be found. There was a loud call from some creature far off, and a great flock of flying creatures wheeled past overhead.
Later...
It seemed that the vegetation was growing even further in. The scar behind the ship, was more-or-less covered with smaller creeping plants. As the area where Redblood and Quasqado had been working was left alone, it seemed that the undergrowth started to grow back thicker than before.
The sun overhead, which beat down heavily, was beginning to drop towards the east. The air was growing sticky and clouds were forming in the distance.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 30, 2006, 01:12:23 pm
Slack notices all the birds feeding on the carcasses on the ground as he's carried into the sky. He speaks to the bird.

"Interesting... braver than your comrades, they all hid from the catodile, but you want your food fresh and warm..."

The bird looks at Slack, and with what could be concidered a glint of recognization in it's eye of Slacks avian relation, looses its grip slightly. Slack instantly takes advantage of this and slides out of its claws, and crawls onto it. The scene is a frenzy as the two fall through the sky, fighting for dominance and to keep aloft. The bird pecks at Slack and he bites back, until he's on its back and riding the bird.

"This is FAR too much work for a Gryfon to do!"

They continue the struggle until Slack grabes his jacket and swings it around the birds neck to use a reins. The bird flies awkwardly as Slack grips on for dear life and tries to steer it back towards the ship. Slowly the bird floats down to the ground, as Slack looks around the landscape. The bird crashes into the ground and Slack is slingshot into the side of the ship, causing a metallic clang that alerts everyone to the situation. Slack slowly drifts into bleeding unconciousness as the bird limps off into the sky and the sun continues to set...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 01:17:34 pm
Slack notices theres no other birds around as he's carried into the sky. He speaks to the bird.

"Interesting... braver than your comrades, they all fled from the catodile."

The bird looks at Slack, and with what could be concidered a glint of recognization in it's eye of Slacks avian relation, looses its grip slightly. Slack instantly takes advantage of this and slides out of its claws, and crawls onto it. The scene is a frenzy as the two fall through the sky, fighting for dominance and to keep aloft. The bird pecks at Slack and he bites back, until he's on its back and riding the bird.

"This is FAR too much work for a Gryfon to do!"

They continue the struggle until Slack grabes his jacket and swings it around the birds neck to use a reins. The bird flies awkwardly as Slack grips on for dear life and tries to steer it back towards the ship. Slowly the bird floats down to the ground, as Slack looks around the landscape. The bird crashes into the ground and Slack is slingshot into the side of the ship, causing a metallic clang that alerts everyone to the situation. Slack slowly drifts into bleeding unconciousness as the bird limps off into the sky and the sun continues to set...

Seriously, what the hell? I thought I told you to PM me about this sort of thing first.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 30, 2006, 01:18:28 pm
OOC: Trust me, all of this has purpose. Freaking get someone over to help Slack! All will be made clear.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 30, 2006, 01:19:16 pm
Seeing a trio of explosives land in the room, Gaff manages to jump off his cot and run towards the door, and yell "YOU LITTLE BI--", just as an explosion throws him out into the hallway, hitting the opposite wall, and falling to the ground. Before he blacks out, he fires a slew of lasers from his shoulder cannon down the hall at Blinx.


ooc: surely after hearing gunshots and explosions, some of the other crew must be coming to investigate?  ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 01:20:09 pm
OOC: Trust me, all of this has purpose. Freaking get someone over to help Slack! All will be made clear.

It would be better if what you were writing fit in with what's already been said. Nothing fled from the cat-lizard aside from those smaller ones. it has left now, and there are a whole bunch of birds stripping the carrion. Also, the sun isn't setting yet. It's just after noon.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 30, 2006, 01:21:35 pm
OOC: Ok, I'll edit it. But I'm really trying to get this sh!t back on track. Slack has important information. And Opera and Always, stop fighting, we need to get this going.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 30, 2006, 01:23:00 pm
Blinx runs from the lasers and turns a corner, then she presses a little button set in her wiring and first sheets of metal cover all the unarmoured bits, and more armour coveres up the cockpit and the vegetative Omic inside. Another sheet of glass rolls down over her visor and both guns start to power up. Then she whispers, "game on" and turns back to the Torpal.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 30, 2006, 01:24:20 pm
Quasqado notices the ship rocking from an explosion. "WHAT THE BLOODY SHIK?!" He begins regretting even coming on this mission, with all these ignorant, overviolent, stupid Gurjes! The only ones who seem to have ANY sense of civility are Lizst, Redblood,and the captain, and all these idiotic mercenaries are going to ruin the mission. Quasqado withdraws his defoliator and loads a fresh canister, and activates his left arm's chainsaw. Anyone who so much threatens him is in for a world of pain. He wishes it wouldn't have to come to this. He stomps off in the direction of the explosions.

OOC: Quasqado is not going to fight, he's going to try to break it up, but he will react in self defense.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 30, 2006, 01:26:57 pm
OOC: Ok, I'll edit it. But I'm really trying to get this sh!t back on track. Slack has important information. And Opera and Always, stop fighting, we need to get this going.

its character interaction!!! not our fault if they want to kill each other  ::)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 01:27:34 pm
OOC: Ok, I'll edit it. But I'm really trying to get this sh!t back on track. Slack has important information. And Opera and Always, stop fighting, we need to get this going.

I know you've wanted to do this for a while, but here's not the place. You've barely got going yet, there's a whole load more storyline left - I mean you've literally only just crashed. Why not wait for a while once you've been exploring a little?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 30, 2006, 01:31:55 pm
((I hope you aren't mad at me Dax, I'm trying my best to RP well.))
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 01:34:44 pm
((I hope you aren't mad at me Dax, I'm trying my best to RP well.))

I'm not, don't worry.

You know what, this needs a different way of doing things. We need an OOC thread to post in, and only IC stuff is allowed in this thread.

NEW THREAD RULE:

This thread is IC only. From now on, anything OOC you have to say goes in the OOC thread. Anything, no exceptions. I may ask one of the mods later to transfer some OOC stuff from this thread to the other.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on June 30, 2006, 01:35:24 pm
Tsem hears crashes and gunshots- Are we under attack? He rushes to investigate, only to see Blinx and Gaff firing at each other.

"Stop. Stop This Now.There is no need for this, paticulraly here, of all places. By the Unspoken, won't you stop?"
Tsem was being ignored, the time for drastic action had come, he grabs Gaff form behind and pushes him to the ground,retreatring quickly, wary of melee combat with a Torpal and stands between Gaff and Blinx.
"Stop this insanity. Drop your weopons, Both of you. There is no need for this."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 30, 2006, 01:37:50 pm
Quasqado skids to a stop as he sees Tsem commanding Gaff and Blinx to stop fighting. "The Squidbutt is right. If you don't drop your weapons, I'm going to be forced to sever the damn limbs that hold them. And Then I will strip the flesh off them and suck the marrow of their bones." says Quasqado, before revving his chainsaw menacingly.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 30, 2006, 01:39:12 pm
Redblood is starting to get annoy by the noise and ask Liszt-5: "I it not about time we do something? I'm getting really worried about the rest of the crew."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 30, 2006, 01:40:33 pm
Slack, meanwhile, wakes up outside the ship, and starts yelling that he's found a temple in the distance, and needs some medical assistance.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 30, 2006, 01:43:49 pm
Blinx sighs, "sorry guys, it's his fault," Blinx turns tale and storms off angrily.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 30, 2006, 01:46:18 pm
Quasqado charges after Blinx and grips her shoulder with his metal claw tightly. "You. Are. Not. Getting. Away. So. Easily." Quas is clearly sweating, and behind his mask his face is contorted in a menacing snarl. "It's not ONLY his fault, it's also YOURS for not just walking away and reporting him. I am going to report YOU, and him, and I very much hope both of you are thrown into the Brig"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 30, 2006, 01:51:13 pm
"Leave me alone, I've stopped fighting already, sheesh!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 30, 2006, 01:52:02 pm
"For what, three minutes? Then you're going to go pick ANOTHER fight. You're a dangerous sociopath, and you're going to be punished." says Quasqado, attempting to lift Blinx off the ground.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 30, 2006, 01:55:08 pm
Slack, realizing the rest of the crew is still bickering over stupid childish things, decides to head out on his own.

"Fools. We came here to find peace and salvation, and instead we're only fighting. I'm not going to waste anymore of my time with these pathetic creatures. I'm going to go find my treasure. And I need to start at that temple."

Slack picks himself up, and limps into the ship. He passes the rest of the crew as they argue, and enters his room. He packs up his gear, bandages his wounds, and grabs a pipe to use as a cane. He leaves the crew to their fighting, and wanders off into the jungle.

"I have nothing to loose and everything to gain. Lets see what this planet holds for me."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 01:57:48 pm
Slack didn't get very far before he heard a low and throaty hissing growl. The undergrowth in front of him moved very slowly and suspiciously.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on June 30, 2006, 01:59:22 pm
"Humm... perhaps I should wait until morning."

Slack climbed a tree and set up a lazer perimeter, then went to sleep.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 30, 2006, 01:59:33 pm
"Uggghh, what the hell..." Gaff grouns, as he begins to stir. He opens his eyes, seeing one of his arms, laying on the ground in front of him, covered in singed fur. Seeing much of the rest of his body similarly burned, he remembers what happened. "Stinkin' explosion." Getting back to his feet, he sees Tsem standing nearby, watching him, and further down the hall, Quasqado attempting to lift Blinx. Gaff calls out to Quasqado "Keep that psyco [censored] away from me! She nearly blew me up! Not to mention all my stuff!" He turns to Tsem, "Look for yourself!" he says, pointing to the blackened remains of his room, with tendrils of smoke rising from where the door once was.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 30, 2006, 02:01:49 pm
Blinx pushes Quas away from her, ignoring Gaff "it's almost like your picking a fight! Considere the fact that Torpals have eaten my race for years, and no doubt Gaff has tried one, I'm not trying to pick any other fights!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 30, 2006, 02:04:37 pm
Quasqado swings a punch at Blinx's cockpit before attempting to grab her again. Quasqado calls back to Gaff, "Don't worry, Gaff, I'll make sure this Snack with a Napoleon Complex doesnt' get into any more fights on my watch. And if she keeps picking fights, I'll split her with you. I call the head! Sorry about earlier, too."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on June 30, 2006, 02:09:45 pm
Blinx kicks Quas before going back to her cabin, "mental note" she thinks "keep on cockpit armor."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 30, 2006, 02:11:27 pm
Quas shudders from the kick, and quickly grabs crotch in pain. "Aw piss!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on June 30, 2006, 02:17:46 pm
Gaff laughs "The body has better meat anyways. And about earlier..." he pauses, "Yeah, no problem...maybe I can even use my cannons to help you guys out later."
Maybe this guy's not so bad after all, Gaff thinks to himself.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 30, 2006, 02:22:08 pm
Quasqado stumbles to his feet slowly. "Uuugh. I shoulda....worn a cup...." He rocks back and forth on his feet, inhaling deeply.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 30, 2006, 03:12:23 pm
Axon comes in trying to determin the source of all the noise.

"What happened to you?" referring to Quasqado. "are you alright?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 30, 2006, 03:20:37 pm
Pzhystan walks over to the commotion. Noticing a creature he hasn't seen before, (Axon) he says, "Who are you? I didn't see you on the ship, so you must've gotten here by other means." Then noticing the creature he had seen cutting down the jungle, he bent down to have a closer look. "Are you all right, good sir?" Pzhystan was not put off by the creature's wretched appearance,as he himself was no pretty sight."Are those, they are! Render class cybernetic hands. I have installed many myself, even upgraded a few in my time. You know, if they ever fall into disrepair, I'm your man. I was one of Scion's top cyberneticists. Tell me, what is your name?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 30, 2006, 03:23:00 pm
Redblood followed Axon as he seemed to be in charge. Redblood ask Quasqado: "Yeah are you allright? what happend to this place?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 30, 2006, 03:52:57 pm
Axon, seeing that he is among the most disorderly collection of individuals, since the popular Fhegix series on Holo x2, realize that he is getting nowhere and that he still not have gotten his question answered.

He asks Pzhystan; "Where is your leader, your captain? I want to see him!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on June 30, 2006, 04:02:06 pm
"Uhhh... Well... You see.... If by captain you mean pilot,  then its the Icthian. I don't know where he is, frankly, and I've never, per se, talked to him. As for organizational leader, then its the ViS, Liszt-5. Don't know where he is either. So I guess I'm not the one to answer your question. Sorry, though to find the Icthian you may want to look in the pilot's section."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 30, 2006, 04:06:41 pm
"So where is the pilot's section?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on June 30, 2006, 04:09:35 pm
"I'll take you there." Says Timesjai as she walks over. "Follow me." Timesjai begins to go back to the pilots section.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 30, 2006, 04:11:57 pm
Axon folowes Timesjai, with a last puzzled look at the destruction in the Torpals room!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 30, 2006, 04:14:23 pm
And Redblood follows Axon.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 04:16:21 pm
As they reach the bridge, they find that the water has drained away, and Kal is nowhere to be found.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 30, 2006, 04:17:58 pm
Redblood ask Axon: "What do we do now?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 30, 2006, 04:25:36 pm
Axon walks into the bridge and start looking if there´s any clue of what happened to the captain as well as to find out if the ship is able to fly.

He answer Redblood:

"Well we need to find out whats happening! You go and assemble the crew so we can search the ship for the captain!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on June 30, 2006, 04:26:45 pm
Quasqado recovers from the debilitating blow to his genitalia, and shambles after the others. "It'd be better to check if we can find his exo-suit first. Otherwise he's probally dead unless he fell into a puddle somewhere."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on June 30, 2006, 04:32:00 pm
Redblood start to look for all the crew members and try to take them to the bridge as Axon ordered.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 04:34:11 pm
In his exo-suit, Kal scuttles up to the bridge. "Ah, just the people I need. I'm trying to get the food dispensers working again. Would anyone like to help?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 30, 2006, 04:37:56 pm
Axon looks up from his survey of the bridge.

"Ahh you must be the captain... We need to talk!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on June 30, 2006, 04:39:07 pm
"Wait, I don't remember you? Where is that ViS? We can't go around hiring everyone we meet." He turned and walked off down the corridor.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on June 30, 2006, 04:44:03 pm
"Hey... Wait damn it!"

Axon sveares and run after Kal...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 01, 2006, 02:04:07 am
"Gaff, may is speak with you? This pointless fighting must stop. Is it because you think yourself weak? You think you must prove yourself? Foolish! There is more than one kind fo strength. You kid yourself that you are not weaker than other Torpals? Foolish once more. If an Auyuelcliad is weak, he will admit it. This makes him a stronger person. Will you do that Gaff? Will you try to find another kind of strength? Then maybe you will fidn it within yourself to stop fighting."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 01, 2006, 02:31:55 am
Its funny coz everyone blames the Torpal coz Torpal always pick on Omic. :D ;D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 01, 2006, 04:58:41 am
Out in the corridor, Axon try to catch up with Kal.

"Wait there captain! I'm not a part of your crew. I crashed here a year ago. please tell me; What are you doing on this damed planet, we need to get away as soon as possible!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 01, 2006, 05:19:58 am
Its funny coz everyone blames the Torpal coz Torpal always pick on Omic. :D ;D
Your in for a lecture too, as soon as Gaff replies.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 01, 2006, 05:22:51 am
"Oh? Well, well. You can help us then. We seem to have crashed here as well. You have heard of the legends of Arcadia, have you not?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 01, 2006, 06:36:01 am
"Yes I believe its a legend of a planet who once was home to an incredibly advanced and rich precursor race! Why has this anything to do with us?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 01, 2006, 06:55:01 am
"Yes I believe its a legend of a planet who once was home to an incredibly advanced and rich precursor race! Why has this anything to do with us?"

"I am of the belief that this is that planet. I am certain of it. Where are the others? I want to get something to eat." He walked off further down the corridor.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 01, 2006, 07:49:27 am
Quasqado tries to interrupt before Gaff can reply. "Sir, this situation is not Gaff's fault. That Omic is obviously prejudice against Torpal. Gaff is only trying to defend himself from that sociopathic rodent."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 01, 2006, 09:59:19 am
"Thank you, Quasqado" Gaff says. "Tsem, Blinx has started everything on this trip." Gaff then takes Tsem aside, and whispers to him, "Growing up, my father refused to let me train in the army, he said I was too weak. But I have guns now, and that's just as good. I don't need to prove myself to anyone." Gaff then says to Quasqado, "Come find me if you begin cutting trees again." before he turns to begin walking away.

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 01, 2006, 10:10:50 am
Tsem nods to Gaff, and heads toward Blinx.
"What were you doing? What, by the grace of The Unspoken, were you attemtping to achieve? This pointless bickering is foolish and pointless. Why, Blinx? Why? Just because Omic are eaten, does not mean Revenge is nessacary. You must try to console, and control yourself. If you start any more fights, people will die. Do you wish to die here, or do you wish to escape your suit?" Exasperated, Tsem goes somewhere quiet to meditate.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 01, 2006, 10:18:00 am
Seeing that his response was good enough for the ex-priest, Gaff thinks to himself as he's walking away, That omic will die before this trip is through...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 01, 2006, 10:29:36 am
Redblood finds Gaff. He notices that Gaff have bin in a fight so he ask about that. "What happen to you? You look like the surfaces of Othyxir!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 01, 2006, 11:29:47 am
Slack hears a rustling in his tree and opens his third eye to look around. The lazer perimeter is still functional. As he watches it, a vine slowly encrouches on his position. As it touched the perimter it's instantly fried, and goes limp. Slack takes this opportunity to examine the vine more closely. It's very tough and has excellent gripping ability, to clumb up trees and such. He sets his plasma gun on low and slowly slices a decent length of the vine off.

Slack has aquired his whip  ;D

Down in the darkness he hears voices. Using his third eye he detects the faint heat signatures of some members of his crew.

"They must be preparing to head out as soon as the sun rises... but should I follow them or not?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 01, 2006, 11:44:40 am
Redblood finds Gaff. He notices that Gaff have bin in a fight so he ask about that. "What happen to you? You look like the surfaces of Othyxir!"

Gaff looks up. "Hey Redblood. That psyco omic tried to blow me up..literally" He pauses for a moment, suddenly smiling '...you know, the usual." he finishes, laughing.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 01, 2006, 11:52:34 am
Redblood answers agitated."Yeah she must be stop! Next time i see her i will challenge her to a duel as is my right as a Freeman!"

Redblood clams down. "The new one which Liszt-5 have entrusted the leadership to have ask me to gather up the crew and take them all to the bridge. Would you like to help me or do you wish to go straight to the bridge?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 01, 2006, 11:56:16 am
"I'll come with you...less time I'd have to spend at the bridge with that omic anyway."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 01, 2006, 11:56:49 am
"Sure I'll help." Timesjai says as she walks out of the shadows. Then she begins to walk away to gather the crew.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 01, 2006, 12:47:22 pm
As the bickering about Blinx continues, Zhix once again wakes up too see that we fell asleep again for another hour or so. "Huh? Dang, need to get more sleep in the day". Zhix takes a short inspection around him, and seeing nowone there, walks outside to view the happenings, climbing out a vent shaft.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 01, 2006, 12:51:44 pm
In the intervening time Liszt had found a secluded nook and begun writing a report of the events up until now... in case they didnt make it off the planet. Looking out of a porthole he saw that things outside had calmed down somewhat.
Pulling out his communicator he called every member of the party.
"Provided everyone hasnt killed each other yet please gather outside the ship for a routine roll call and task assignment. Failure to turn up will result in immediate halving of pay."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 01, 2006, 12:57:04 pm
Redblood said to the crew members with him: "Well i guess Liszt-5 is back in command. let us all do as he asks."

Then Redblood continue toward the gathering point as Liszt asked.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 01, 2006, 12:59:10 pm
Tsem opens an eye, returning from his "Quiet Place". He is needed, and proceeds to the gathering point. Now the true adventure begins.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 01, 2006, 01:06:29 pm
Blinx reluctantly gets up and out of the ship, avoiding the huge hole in the middle of her room, that now is full of food and padded with cotton wool, covered by a swing door made from scraps of her own armour and the tiles she uprooted earlier to camoflauge the hole.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 01, 2006, 03:21:59 pm
Seeing that everyone is gatering outside, Axon decides it best to join them.

Outside he finds the ViS and takes the opportunity to talk to him before it becomes to crowded around them.

"What do you know of me, how come that you recognized my name?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 01, 2006, 03:25:26 pm
"I lived on Azuron for the first few years of my life. I went to Indigo university to study Xenoscience and well, you know Indigo city, you get all sorts there. There were always rumors about rogue Wexxian heroes out there fighting to rekindle the glory days."
Replied Liszt, as the adventurers filed out of the ship...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 01, 2006, 03:27:33 pm
As slack is winding his new whip, his communicator lights up. It's Liszt. Something about needing to meet up and only getting half pay.

"Sometimes I wish I had a God, just so I could swear to it. Fine, you guys win."

Slack packs up his lazer perimeter, grabs his knapsack, and climbs out of his tree. He uses the pipe he took from the ship earlier and uses it to help him limp back to the ship to meet up with his unpleasant crewmates.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 01, 2006, 03:31:45 pm
"What's going on?" Blinx approached the ViS and Axon "are we finally going into the wilderness to fight the bad guys?" Says Blinx excitedly.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 01, 2006, 03:33:31 pm
"I lived on Azuron for the first few years of my life. I went to Indigo university to study Xenoscience and well, you know Indigo city, you get all sorts there. There were always rumors about rogue Wexxian heroes out there fighting to rekindle the glory days."
Replied Liszt, as the adventurers filed out of the ship...

"Can I trust you to keep that information to yourself? I don't expect the rest of this crew to understand, actually I don't expect you to understand either!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 01, 2006, 03:36:25 pm
"I lived on Azuron for the first few years of my life. I went to Indigo university to study Xenoscience and well, you know Indigo city, you get all sorts there. There were always rumors about rogue Wexxian heroes out there fighting to rekindle the glory days."
Replied Liszt, as the adventurers filed out of the ship...

"Can I trust you to keep that information to yourself? I don't expect the rest of this crew to understand, actually I don't expect you to understand either!"
"Your secret is safe with me Mr Axon"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 01, 2006, 03:41:05 pm
"Hey! You thingey! Keep the perimeter on, we may need it alot."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 01, 2006, 03:41:50 pm
"Thanks ViS... wait, I cant really call you that now can I... what was your name again... Oh yes; Liszt!"

He turns to Blinx.

"Well there are no bad guys here, just a lot of VERY hungry lizards... and more!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 01, 2006, 03:44:34 pm
"Plants and bugs too" "So anyways, what remained safe in your new garabage heap?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 01, 2006, 03:47:00 pm
Redblood arrives at the spot and see Blinx: "You! I challenge you do a duel Metal Knight! Is my right as a Free man according to the ancient tradition. Except or submit to my will!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 01, 2006, 03:50:30 pm
"Well, well well, a duel you want? For what reason?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 01, 2006, 03:54:03 pm
Redblood think after and comes up with a answer: "I what you to admit that you have bin a trouble maker and that you have attack other crew members without provaction!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 01, 2006, 03:55:49 pm
Axon shakes his head and put his hood on again so his face is covered in darkness. If combat will ensue he is not sure that he can focus enough to keep his appearance proper! he again turns to Liszt.

"Where did you find these... persons?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 01, 2006, 03:58:31 pm
"The reason doesnt matter. There will be no duels or blood feuds on this expedition. You may be a free man from the Aetherian empire Mr Redblood but you are also a temporary employee of the Occam institute. As such any grievances are to be handled by an independant arbiter... for the purposes of this trip that arbiter is me. I agree Miss Blinx has behaved inapropriately and as such I have decided to put her on scrubbing duty."

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 01, 2006, 04:02:58 pm
"WHAT!?! Why you little..." Blinx presses the combat mode button again.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 01, 2006, 04:04:29 pm
"The reason doesnt matter. There will be no duels or blood feuds on this expedition. You may be a free man from the Aetherian empire Mr Redblood but you are also a temporary employee of the Occam institute. As such any grievances are to be handled by an independant arbiter... for the purposes of this trip that arbiter is me. I agree Miss Blinx has behaved inapropriately and as such I have decided to put her on scrubbing duty."


Redblood answers liszt with anger in his voices."As a free man I'm entitled to a duel! But i will follow you orders if you promis to take care of the Metal Knight. The Knight have allready bin to mush trouble as it is and we can not let the Knight roam free!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 01, 2006, 04:08:31 pm
"Dont worry Mr Redblood. Miss Blinx will be perfectly well taken care of... isnt that right Miss faulty secondary power transfer coupling which could easily overload if hit by a photon beam configured to 142.88 VHz?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 01, 2006, 04:11:35 pm
Slack waddles up beside Axon and leans on his pipe to watch the action. Axon looks down surprised to see the Gryfon again. Slack speaks:

"Reminds me of the Fwanbret fights we hold on Gryfon Two... *Sigh* I miss my mount... don't think you can find a better Fwanbret anywhere. I've had him since he was just a pup. I'd reminisce more if my head wasn't still bleeding."

He points to Redblood. "I'm rooting for the AEthiran, how about you?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 01, 2006, 04:14:44 pm
Blinx lowers her gun "you knew about the 142.88 situation? We've been trying to fix that for decades! But that's top secret..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 01, 2006, 04:17:32 pm
"Ha ha... I'm holding my credits on him too. This is almost entertaining!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 01, 2006, 04:21:27 pm
After a short pause, Blinx perks up, "oh well, I still have manual frisbee bombs!" she takes three frisbee bombs from the frisbee launcher.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 01, 2006, 04:26:29 pm
Axon draws his Pacifier gun (The Ionic stun-gun) and readies himself to intervine!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 01, 2006, 04:27:16 pm
Slack can't decide whether to draw his pistol or his new whip. (???)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 01, 2006, 04:34:06 pm
"You two better calm down NOW!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 01, 2006, 04:38:51 pm
Blinx sighs and opens the bombs, she pulls out a small chip and throws the bombs away. "There, unarmed. Happy?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 01, 2006, 04:40:13 pm
"Almost!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 01, 2006, 04:48:26 pm
"What? Now what?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 01, 2006, 05:12:22 pm
"Ive only known you for a few hours, but in that short time you have been aggressive toward two of you fellow travelers. Now I don't care who's fault it was this time, but you are the main problem in my eyes!
There are plenty of things who want to kill you on this planet, so Its a bad idea to try to make enemy's with the only ones who actually can help you!
Either you stop being such a pain in the rear or I swear that I will stun your mec-suit with a few shots from this"

Waves the Pacifier gun.

"And leave you outside for a nigh and believe me... you wont survive that!"

Axon takes a few steps toward Blinx.

"Do you understand my offer?"

He turns to Redblood.

"We give her a second chance. From now on there will not be any more fighting with each other... Calm down!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 01, 2006, 05:19:11 pm
Redblood even if he seemed annoy by Blinx seemed to be calmer. He had allready lower the machetes sins Liszt told him he take care of Blinx but now his tail was not rocking backwords and forwards in a angry manner anylonger.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 01, 2006, 06:21:09 pm
Gaff smiles, smugly, and whispers to one of the crew members standing next to him, "See what I'm saying? That omic's got a few screws loose...and I don't mean on her mech-suit, either."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 01, 2006, 06:46:58 pm
"Yeah.. shes got a big ego for such a little body. Im talking about her mech in size too, maybe we have to go find a rover to plug her into"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 01, 2006, 10:46:06 pm
"Is the trip beginning Mr.Liszt? What is the plan?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 02, 2006, 01:11:43 am
"Well, hopefully we can actually set up a base camp this time without being attacked by reptiles and each other. Now we have some native knowledge perhaps it will go a little more smoothly."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 02, 2006, 01:17:34 am
"Interesting. What is our plan for searching the planet?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 02, 2006, 09:25:11 am
Quasqado stumbles out of the ship, and inquires, "What you want me to do?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 02, 2006, 11:12:18 am
" I say we set up a normal peralisiss around ourselves and try to move in" Zhix goes back in to look for some more useful junk.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 02, 2006, 01:20:53 pm
"Paralysis? I believe you mean perimeter. There are some zeshtite panels in the cargo hold, we should build a fence round this area to keep out hostile wildlife and keep back this foliage"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 02, 2006, 01:24:08 pm
"I can go and get them if you wish" said Redblood.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 02, 2006, 02:25:55 pm
No, we still need to move foward, the more things that get fried in this area the more things will be attracted, I was saying we find enough weapons to have a moving perimiter, though your right, if we don't have any base perimeter or else the plants would crush your ship after maybe even a day. Anyways, ill help you out  with that equipment, Freeman"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 02, 2006, 02:44:05 pm
Meanwhile, Blinx is in her room packing up, she straps 10 spare batterys to her back and fills her guns with ammo, she packs more ammo into the metal boxes on her waste. She whispers to herself, "all this ammo has Gaffs name on it"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 02, 2006, 05:51:31 pm
While everyone is reading themself for the expedition, Axon sits down by the ship, takes up a small stone from his robe and starts sharpening his primitive spear.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 10:50:05 am
Blinx exits the ship and flexes (not that she needs to) "man, I'm getting bored, when are we leaving?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 03, 2006, 10:53:56 am
Bursting from dense foilage, Xulmarab enters the camp. Badly wounded and panting, he collapses next to the ship. Due to deep breathing and pain, he can barely talk
" Exploring... no warning..... suprised......bi-....se-"
Xulmarab falls into uncouncisnous. Blood is pouring out of a huge wound. The attack must have been very strong to penetrate his tough exoskeleton
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 10:56:12 am
"WHAT THE HELL?!" Blinx kneels down and looks Xulmarab, "I don't remember seeing this guy before.." Then she gets up and walks away.  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 03, 2006, 11:00:10 am
Xulmarab suddenly bursts into coucisinous
" HELP!!(Voice fading away as he slips into unconcisnous) Omic, omic omic omic...."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 11:02:45 am
"Oh, uh, he knows me? Eh, wake up! Hello? Wake up!" She starts shaking him but to no avail, "Uh, a little help here?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 11:06:07 am
Redblood heard the scream and stops with what he was doing and gose check out what have happen. He sees Blinx standing above Xulmarab. Redblood screams: "What have you done now!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 11:13:38 am
"I didn't do anything!" Blinx looks at the ship then the Xometrian, "hold on buddy" she picks him up and cradles him in one hand, ignoring Redblood, she enters the ship in search of medical supplies.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 03, 2006, 11:17:47 am
There is a small pendant tied around xulmarabs kneck.
(The red bits a gem)
(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/chaosandwalls/Spore%20stuff/Pendant.jpg)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 11:23:43 am
Redblood very suprices by Blinx apparent concerns for Xulmarab decides to follow Blinx.

He thinks for him self: "I wounder what have happen and why the Metal Knight for once try to help someone."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 11:36:11 am
Blinx looks behind her, "uhh, Redbloods following us, maybe he'll leave when he sees I'm busy, here we are! Sick-bay!" Blinx enters the room and plops the Xometrian on the bed, she sees his pendant and fingers it, "whats this?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 11:43:05 am
Redblood is straight behind Blinx and follow her in in the Sick-bay. He says: "I may not like you but that dose not matter when one of use it wounded. I like to help. Is their anything i can do Metal Knight."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 11:48:29 am
"Oh, uh, I thought you were gonna challenge me again... Well you can try and find some bandages in one of the cupboards... And please stop calling me metal knight"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 11:58:22 am
Redblood starts to look after the bandages in the cupboards and find some. He hand them over to Blinx.

"Hear you go. Hope this will help."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 12:04:05 pm
"Thanks then. I wonder what happened to him.... So whats with the sudden change of heart with you suddnely?" Blinx starts to wrap the bandages around the wounds of the patient.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 12:09:37 pm
"Their is no reason to fight when one of use is wounded. You may not honor friendship but i do and i see no point if fighting for fightings sake. Anyway what shall i call you Meta... thing?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 12:13:41 pm
"I believe it's a mech suit, and I suppose that's a valid point" She stops for a second, "look, I'm sorry for calling you stupid, it's okay if you can come up with something like that."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 01:55:13 pm
"Is their anything else i can do for our hurt friend?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 02:01:16 pm
She looks at him on the bed, "I do believe he's on the mend, I'm more concered for the attacker though..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 02:08:27 pm
"So what now?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 03, 2006, 02:13:38 pm
Zhix timidly walks in watching the whole fight from the start. "Ouch, some deep wounds there, whatever got at him is probably going to come back, our best chance would to just throw him outside so it doesin't kill us all" (God you are going to get in trouble for still being on the cat-beast when he corrected us that the cat-lizard left a while ago. GEESHH!. Now your probably even going to try bringing us into another, this guy found the temple entrance **** and saying that the lizards were actually servants.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 02:14:58 pm
Blinx stands up, "oh, hello, I don't believe we've met, I'm Blinx."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 03, 2006, 02:21:16 pm
Slack is completely apathetic to the situation, seeing as the Xometrian completely ignored him while they were on the ship, and no one cared that Slack was also injured and had found a temple first from the air.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 03, 2006, 02:38:16 pm
Sensing the smell of blood (Ptashki are carnivores), Pzhystan walked to the ship hospital. He had never been there before. He stared down at the creature on the bed. It was a strange creature, with deep wounds running across its body. Though he was unethical, he still followed the equivalent of a Hyppocratic oath. His prosthetic arm switched to laser and he ordered everyone out of the room. He began to work on the poor being, quickly cleaning and sterilizing the body. As the creature's condition became worse and worse, he hooked up a life support machine to the body. It soon began making a recovery as he finished sealing the last of the gaping wounds and finished synthesizing blood.
"Well, that was quite an episode, what's your name?" he asked the stunned being.

Then, a startling realization came into mind.
"Blinx, get here quick!"

He carted the wounded into the hall, now recovering very well, and pulled Blinx in.
"Sit down and take off your hood, I think I may just be able to pull this off."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 02:41:55 pm
"What? What's going on?" Suddenely Blinx looks up with realization, "wait...? You don't mean?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 02:48:51 pm
When Redblood was kick out of Sick-bay Redblood continued with the work he was doing before. "I hope it get better."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 03, 2006, 03:19:31 pm
"Yes, I mean it. Hope you don't mind going into a coma for a while."
Without letting Blinx put a word in edgewise, he quickly sat him down and peeked in the hood. He prepared the life support ad the blood synthesizer. Immediately he hooked the life support up and disconnected the robot suit, leaving only the connection to the brain. He required using all four arms to do this. He then took out a portable MRI and hooked it up to his prosthetic. Screens were ancient. He scanned Blinx, and immediately the image popped into his mind. All of the critical points were easy to point out. He flipped out his laser and began disconnecting the port. Some blood began leaking, so he set the blood synthesizer to make Omic blood (This was a default setting, as Omic blood is a delicacy). It was placed into the Omic equivalent of a temple, and via his scanner he saw brain activity beginning to be restored. However, he realized the cerebellum (responsible for coordination of movements) would run hay-wire. Before the Omic regained full consciousness, with the last remaining port openings of the Omic, he programmed the mech to "feel" smaller and have the structure of an Omic. This means that the mech adjusted the cerebellum itself to calibrate movements. After he snipped the last connections, he wrote a note "If I am not awake by 19:00, tell the doctor." and pasted it on its forehead. He walked out and said to Redblood, "There is no more metal knight. You will soon see his real face.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 03:25:35 pm
Yay! Oh and Blinx is a girl. We'll leave it to Redblood to wake Blinx up.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 03, 2006, 03:31:34 pm
"I feel it hard to understand why you did that". Said Zhix, looking on the whole time "Really, why endager the small rodent, I actualy thought you were going to do something for the person that was already dead!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 03, 2006, 03:35:04 pm
"Someone's already dead! Oh no! Where?!" said the startled Pzhystan.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 03, 2006, 03:36:25 pm
"Oh, sorry, dieing" Points to the Xometrian "Oh, there is that Gryfon fellow outside"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 03, 2006, 03:40:30 pm
"Oh, sorry, dieing" Points to the Xometrian "Oh, there is that Gryfon fellow outside"

Just then Slack walks into the ship.

"Oh no, really I'm fine. Just a broken limb and a bleeding concussion. Thanks for FINALLY noticing. Jerks."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 03:41:58 pm
"I don't think I'm endangered am I?" eyes turn as the Omic awakens, "oh my! This feels so weird!" She addresses the Kratok, "I can still use my mech! Oh, and I have a place in my room in case of attacks, now, thanks Dr. Phyztan, I owe you one."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 03, 2006, 03:45:41 pm
"Oh, I already took care of the bug fella, as I mentioned, he's going to be fine. As for the smug capitalist, all he needs is a splint and an imagination dampener. Temples...ha! Oh and no problem Blinx."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 03:49:34 pm
Redblood was somewhat suprices with Pzhystan statement. He thought for him self "I wounder what he meant by that."

Redblood continued to set up the perimeter around the ship and when he was done he went back to stick-bay to check up on everyone.

In sickbay he notices a small creature laying on a operation table. He thought "I wounder what this is. Is not larger then a squidling."

Redblood pushes carefully Blinx with one finger.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 03:54:49 pm
Blinx looks up, "Redblood! It is Blinx, the metal night! Only without the armour!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 03, 2006, 04:18:01 pm
"Huh? So now this Royal Pain in the Ass lost her temper, Aye?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 04:29:18 pm
Redblood look confused: "What happen to you? You are so... small!"

Redblood thinks for him self: "Well at least now she will not be as big threat as before. Maybe her new size will teach hear humility."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 03, 2006, 04:37:45 pm
"Oh! I have an idea to help you there Freeman." Zhix picks up Blinx, and stuffs her in his mouth. After about 5 seconds of swashing her around, bends down, and lightly spits her out.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 04:48:27 pm
Redblood look suprices:" What did you do that for? I thought you almost was going to eat her. She may be mean but i do not think she deserves that. And now when she is so small maybe she will start to respect others."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 03, 2006, 04:51:07 pm
"And what was really wrong with that? I had no bad intentions, just to teach her some respect"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 04:55:46 pm
"We have a old saying on Othyxir. You do not punish the Gnawling without it know why it is getting punished."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 03, 2006, 04:59:55 pm
"Yes, but I have a saying too. Obvious cancels out Oblivous. Did you happen to see that weaponry strapped onto her mech? Was there not a reason of why you challanged her to a duel?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 05:07:11 pm
"I challenge her to a duel to tech her a lesson. Now she looks barely conscious. Punshes her not for you own pleasure but to teach her respect. I have seen enough of Lords punishing their serfs with no reason other then thier own pleasure at Othyxir. I do not want to see that happen to anyone again."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 03, 2006, 05:37:55 pm
"Hmmm" Kratok leaves the room a minute, then comes back with some sort of weaponry that was attached to Blinx's mech. "Is this reason enough?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 03, 2006, 05:48:21 pm
Redblood shows his four machetes and his claws"Just because I'm armed dose not mean i going to use my weapons. Anyway is not a question about who is arm or not. Is a question about teaching someone right or wrong. I do not believe she learned a lot by your punishment. It may even have the opposite effect. But do not believe that i will sit ideally if he dose something wrong just because she lost her knights armor. And she still have a lot to answer for but punishment you be carried out she knows why she is punished.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 03, 2006, 09:33:24 pm
When Blinx was spat out she had fainted, when she came to she looked at the spit covering her, and tried to stand to get a towel, "ow, ow, ow!" she sat back down and whispered "damn legs!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 04, 2006, 10:43:55 am
"Well i hope you have learn you lesson about making enemy's with everyone."

Redblood look around to see if he can find anything to wipe the spit of Blinx. He soon finds a small piece of cloths and gives it to Blinx.

"Their you go."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 04, 2006, 10:59:07 am
"Now one problem, I can hardly move." (she has been sitting inside that neck for years so she would have nightmare cramps) She justs about grabs the cloth and manages to wipe off the worst of the mess. "Uh, disgusting stuff."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 04, 2006, 11:05:17 am
"Well i do not know what i can do to help. But i can give you some advices. Try to beg the others for forgiveness. You do not need any more enemies in your state."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 04, 2006, 11:12:22 am
"I am not begging, just because I'm seperate from the mech doesn't mean I'm not going to use it, and there's no point begging the Torpal... Now I'm going to have to learn to walk again once I get over the cramps"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 04, 2006, 11:18:23 am
"I'm just saying that you better be carefull. In a very short time you have gotten lots of enemies. And even you knights armor will no protect you from a concealed blade"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 04, 2006, 11:21:20 am
"That was the wisest statement I've heard all this journey. Stealth trumps power every time, its true." Timesjai said as she sits down next to them.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 04, 2006, 11:25:49 am
"Okay, Timesjai, will you please close and lock the door, I would prefer that this would become confidential from now on, you can stay in though as there is no point in telling you to leave now. Oh and Redblood, I have a hidden compartment in my room that I will probably stay in most of the time on the ship. That's about it, but I am NOT apologising to the Torpal." Blink groans and attempts to move her legs again but to no avail.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 04, 2006, 11:30:28 am
"As you wish...." She goes over to the door and locks it.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 04, 2006, 11:32:11 am
" *sighs* thanks" she pauses and looks around at the room. "I've only just remembered how small I really was before. I had forgotten when I was in the mech."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 04, 2006, 11:40:18 am
You know, I really wonder why you wanted to be seprate from that mech in the first place. Were you going to die if left inside or something?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 04, 2006, 11:41:11 am
Redblood now start to look for Liszt so he can get some new orders.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 04, 2006, 11:43:05 am
"Because I was a loner, I wondered the Scion complex for years with nothing to do, I'll admit that tis ship wasn't the best place for me to be seperated, but if I survive this, I'll go back to the place I grew up in, and see if anybody I knew is still alive."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 04, 2006, 11:57:07 am
"Mr. Liszt? Can i please ask the plan of action? How will we explore the planet? What will we do with what we find?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 04, 2006, 12:22:10 pm
We'll just say the camp has been set up by now and everything is fine.

"Now we all gather, equip ourselves and head in the direction of the strongest signal on our scanners... whatever it may be"

Liszt speaks into his communicator:
"Everyone gather a the centre of the camp. We will finally start exploring in one hour. We will explore as a team. there will be no fighting. No sneaking off to do something mysterious. No hidden communicators. No weapons except the ones approved of by me and the captain at the start of the expedition. No stealing. No pretending to be killed as a joke. No pretending to be killed so you can fulfil some secret agenda. Violation of these rules will result in your immediate removal from the employ of the Occam institue and imprisonment in the ship's brig. Any questions?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 04, 2006, 12:25:46 pm
"Oh great, Timesjai, can you please take me to my mech? I don't want people to wonder where I am."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 04, 2006, 12:30:34 pm
Redblood hold up the four machetes infront of Liszt. "Is it OK if a keep these weapons you gave me? They can come in handy when we try to track though the vegetation."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 04, 2006, 12:37:37 pm
"Sure." She goes off and does that.
(Thinking to herself.... Hm, OK got it. I won't do those things.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 04, 2006, 12:40:20 pm
Wait I didn't really understand what Timesjai just did.  ???
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 04, 2006, 12:51:06 pm
She takes Blink to the Mech.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 04, 2006, 12:57:32 pm
Blinx unlocks the hospital door and walks out of the ship, she approaches liszt and says, "I preume you have already seen all of my weapons so there is no point in showing, unless you need to see them again..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 04, 2006, 01:03:13 pm
Gaff also goes up to Liszt. "I only have my shoulder cannons. Someone destroyed all my other belongings in an explosion. I'm assuming I will be compensated?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 04, 2006, 01:04:19 pm
Tsem is finally happy: The Adventure is about to begin!

"Mr.Liszt, i hope you feel you can rely on me. It is an honour to take part in this mission."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 04, 2006, 01:06:17 pm
Gaff also goes up to Liszt. "I only have my shoulder cannons. Someone destroyed all my other belongings in an explosion. I'm assuming I will be compensated?"

Blinx turns away in a bad attempt to stifle her laughter.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 04, 2006, 01:07:09 pm
I think you all have seen what I have, so I think as soon as everyone gets here we will be ready to go.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 04, 2006, 01:45:43 pm
Blinx finds the Torpal again in the crowd and asks semi-sarcastically, "hey Gaff, wheres your new room, can I come over for a visit?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 04, 2006, 02:26:35 pm
"Sorry, no" Gaff replies; he looks genuinely sad for a moment. He suddenly smirks before adding, "Food goes in the kitchen, not the bedroom."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 04, 2006, 02:28:22 pm
Slack limps up between them.

"Personally I enjoy a good late night snack in bed."

He fixes his hat and shifts his backpack.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 04, 2006, 02:31:28 pm
"Good point!" Gaff laughs "Hey Blinx, maybe you should see me later..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 04, 2006, 03:02:52 pm
Quasqado stretches and gets ready for the mission. He deploys his left arm into chainsaw mode, after checking if his defoliator was cleaned and in order. He also offers to carry some heavy equipment, if need be.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 04, 2006, 03:45:28 pm
"Right, if were all ready, the strongest readings I'm getting are from that direction --->"
Said Liszt pointing in a seemingly random direction.
"Lets go"

OOC: Daxx its now up to you to tellk us when we come across something interesting
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 04, 2006, 11:09:54 pm
Xulmarab catches up with the group with a slight limp. He holds out his crossbow
"This Ok, guys?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 05, 2006, 03:59:37 am
Axon gets up and start walking up to Liszt.

"I have never been in that area, do you have an idea of what the energy reading is caused by?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 05, 2006, 06:24:58 am
"I have no idea... but its not just an energy reading. Ive got spikes in EM, biomass, electrical activity, magnetic fields, Aether flux, delta emmisions, Au particles and about 50 other scales"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 05, 2006, 08:30:55 am
"Does that mean that its hazardous?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 05, 2006, 08:43:07 am
"Probably.." Tsem mutters.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 05, 2006, 10:31:38 am
Blinx approaches evryone else and says, "I can't wait to find out what the big mystery that way is!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 07:15:43 am
Axon looks at Blinx.

"Since when did you become the optimist?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 06, 2006, 08:25:42 am
Tsem jumps in. "The Day i became a gruut pessimist! The omicing moisture here! It's stifling!"
Tsem grumbles.

OOC: Auyuelcliads breathe in steam to get water, being in a swampay environment would be having a small amount of wtaer continuallu dripping down your wind passage. It can take a few days to adjust to the moisture levels of a new planet.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 06, 2006, 10:29:44 am
Axon looks at Blinx.

"Since when did you become the optimist?

"Since we finally started moving, as in now. But it won't last long, so don't get used to it"

Blinx looks at Axon in his robe and wonders whats inside, she starts flexing her hands but whispers, "not now.. Not yet.."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 01:02:50 pm
"Oh well... whatever!"

Axon sends Blinx a puzzled look and turn again to Liszt.

"How about my payment? How much credits are we talking about?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 06, 2006, 01:06:13 pm
Blinx starts to edge closer to Axon, her fingers flexing, looking at Axons robe, eventually she grabs hold of it and pulls, and the robe falls off Axon.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 01:22:36 pm
Since Axon wasn't consentrating; his obviously non-biological appearance shines from his head the moment Blinx pull the robe of him, his head has only one large visual receptor and is otherwise featureless, the light gray color reveals the nanobots he consist of.

Before anybody can react Axon jumps on Blinx and snares:

"Why did you do that? You rusty piece of ####"

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 06, 2006, 01:23:59 pm
Blinx simplu looks on puzzled and says in amazement, "what are you...?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 01:35:10 pm
Axon roars at Blinx

"THAT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!"

In front of everyon Axon grows another pair of arms from below the already existing ones, at the same time the hands of his upper arms grow sharp blades from the hand ridge. He also grow a long tail with a one-sided knife-like end.

He has transformed to his combat form! (Ill have a pic later)

EDITED: with a littel info on the tail!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 06, 2006, 01:44:01 pm
Quasqado watches with interest. "Jus' go for the cockpit, she's squishy and crippled." He states. "Rather rude to strip our guest, you know. Nudity could be a taboo with his race."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 06, 2006, 01:45:06 pm
"This could get intresting...." Timesjai mutters as she quickly moves back several feet.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 06, 2006, 01:48:05 pm
Redblood notices Axon shifting ability. It is as if something snaps.

Redblood screams: "Die you Emperors Shadow (http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5061.msg155869#msg155869)! I know what you are! You have trick us all along!"

Redblood runs toward Axon with his 4 machetes swinging ready to attack.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 01:58:10 pm
Axon, alarmed by Redbloods screaming, turns around and face this new threat!

Just as Redblood reaches Axon, he jumps over Redblood and uses his newgrown tail, (Ups I forgot to write about that in the previous post!... Sorry)
to try to make Redblood fall over by aiming at his legs!

"Why are YOU attacking me? I would rather not have to kill you!"

(OOC: Ill edit the previous post about the tail!)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 06, 2006, 02:02:44 pm
"Do no try to deny your nature Shadow! I know what you are!"

Redblood try to deflect Axon new tail with his own and turn to faces Axon.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 02:06:15 pm
"I don't know what you are talking about!"

Axon raises his upper hands and ready himself to deflect Redbloods machetes!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 06, 2006, 02:13:41 pm
"You may trick the others but not me!"

Redblood attack with a skillfull maneuver and makes deceiving blow against Axon.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 06, 2006, 02:29:56 pm
Quasqado states, "I believe you two should stop fighting before we are all forced to restrain you by force, if neccesary. But I'm fine with you taking out Blinx."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 06, 2006, 02:33:16 pm
Meanwhile Blinx climbs a tree and shouts, "I'll help you Redblood!" then jumps off the tree, enters combat mode in midair, and pins Axon down, "what are you?!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 06, 2006, 02:47:02 pm
What about Blinx?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 02:55:10 pm
"Get off me you rusty ####...."

Axon struggles for a bit with the heavy meck-suit on his back

"All right all right... I'm a Wexxian! Now get off me!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 06, 2006, 02:57:37 pm
Blinx lets go in shock, "Wexxians are extinct... right?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 03:01:46 pm
"Technically, Yes! But would you mind waiting a bit while i finish this!"

Now liberated Axon does his best to avoid the enraged Redblood

"Will... You... Calm... Down..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 06, 2006, 03:02:35 pm
"I know you Shadow! you may call you self Wexxians or whatever in you tung but i know the truth!"

Redblood hits with his machete.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 06, 2006, 03:08:08 pm
Liszt looks on bemused and then quickly grabs the nearest gun, firing into the air.
"STOP!"

"Axon. Get a hold of yourself. Blinx, stop fighting. Redblood, our friend here is not the Emperors Shadow, he is a Wexxian... a, a Tin Man do you understand?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 03:09:01 pm
Axon doges the blade by millimeters.

"All right, this is getting boring! will you just stop for a sec?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 06, 2006, 03:14:13 pm
Redblood to blinded with rage can seem to have lost all contact with the world around him.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 06, 2006, 03:19:24 pm
Slack starts laughing manically at the sheer stupidity of the group.

"What a bunch of Nomics you are. If he's a Wexxian hes pretty much harmless. I heard stories as a young slug about how the Wexxians were slaughtered like Omic during the Necrid Discord, by one of their own none the less... I beleive he was named Nemesis? Anyway, the fact is, he's either on our side and completely harmless, or one of the few evil Wexxians of the few remaining Wexxians- in which case he's just as likely to betray us as everyone else here is. I think we should give him back his cloak and all understand that if we're going to find what we came her looking for and get off this rock then we need to at least cooperate, even if we can't trust eachother fully."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 03:25:33 pm
Axon jumps a few meters away and morphs his hand blades back into his arms.

"There, I'm defensless! NOW will you talk reason?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 06, 2006, 03:41:31 pm
Seeing that Redblood is too blind with rage and terror to respond to reason and quicly grabs the pacifier sticking out of Axons cloke, lying on the ground. Checking its setting he quickly unloads a full charge into redblood...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 06, 2006, 03:45:13 pm
Redblood fall stunned to the ground.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 04:10:21 pm
Axon Morphs back into his previous self, and walks over to the fallen Redblood. He looks at Liszt.

"I had everythin under control!... But thanks anyway!"

he then turns to Blinx.

"We are extinct, or at least almost! there is less than 20 Wexxians left in the galaxy, of course not counting those who renounced their sapience or them who joined the Rinthuu!

We are extinct!"

Unexpectedly he turns to Slack.

"You!!!"

before anyone else can stop him, Axon storms over and grabs him and lift him up to Axons head.

"I never want to hear you say the name of the betrayer again, If we hadn't destroyed him, the war would not have been so easily won!"

Axon lets go of Slack and storms over and grabs his cloak.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 06, 2006, 04:16:27 pm
Slack rubs his sore antenna.

"Well there you go, he's a good guy. Now someone pick up that AEthiran and lets keep moving."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 06, 2006, 04:23:20 pm
Axon grabs his Pacifier from Liszt and puts on his cloak.

"I think we should tie him down!" Indicating Redblood

"He will wake up in a couple of minutes an he is not going to be in a better mood than before!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 06, 2006, 09:49:13 pm
"I don't know about you, but waking up strapped to the ground pisses me off. If he wakes up and is still angry, we can zap him again, and continue untill he learns his lesson. Shock therapy, right?" says Quas.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 07, 2006, 08:19:12 am
Tsem Mutters "One day, the Unspoken willing, we will have a day where our party doesn't degenerate into bestial feral combat. Ha! Some things even an Auyuelcliad won't believe!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 07, 2006, 11:31:43 am
Zhix walks outside after scavenging for more equipment and food to see the alien he had sofar called Freeman, tied to the ground, while his partner is standing, stripped of his clothes"What the hell happened here now!?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 07, 2006, 12:29:01 pm
Blinx approaches the Kratok and asks, "do you mind telling me why an extinct race is standing right on front of me?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 07, 2006, 12:31:25 pm
Zhix takes another look at Axon, then focusing on Blinx again. "What buiness is it of mine? I hired him, he must his own reasons willing to come, it is none of his buiness. I would still like to know why hes nude though."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 07, 2006, 12:47:04 pm
Blinx, still looking at the scene, whispered, "I hate secrets..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 07, 2006, 12:58:38 pm
Redblood start to wake up. He is still groggy but notices that he is tied down. Then he remembers Axon. Redblood start to panic.

"Help me someone! Help me! Do not let the Emperors Shadow take me! Do not let him eat my soul! Please help me!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 07, 2006, 01:02:50 pm
"Mister Redblood, please try to calm down. Axon is not the Emperor's Shadow. He is a shape-shifting robot... ummm, metal man? Golem? I'm sure you have a name for what he is, anyway. He is a freind, he wont harm you."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 07, 2006, 01:09:33 pm
Redblood becomes paralyzed with fear.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 07, 2006, 01:13:12 pm
"Oh Redblood, get a hold of yourself! Look around, if he was the Emperor Shadow would he not have attacked us too? He - is - a - friend!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 07, 2006, 01:16:42 pm
Redblood fear seams to be totally irrational. He dose not listen to anyone else he just looks at Axon.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 07, 2006, 01:22:09 pm
"Redblood!!! Look at me!!" at this point Blinx is screaming in Redbloods ear, "the emperor shadow does not exist!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 07, 2006, 01:26:03 pm
Redblood seems to snap out if his panic for a short wile and answer: "You lie!"

He still try to flee but to no he can not when he is tied down.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 07, 2006, 01:41:59 pm
"hang on everyone" says Liszt "I took a brief psychology course while I was at Indigo University. Let me try to snap him out of this"

Turning to Redblood.

"Its ok. We totally understand how scared you are. After all, everyone expects the Aetherians to be afraid of insubstatial shadows. We dont mind... in fact, we expected you to do something stupid like this pretty early into the expedition."

Turning back to the others he whisperes "Reverse psychology, never fails"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 07, 2006, 01:50:15 pm
Redblood do not really understand ViS but his calm tone seem to comfort Redblood
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 07, 2006, 04:06:27 pm
Slack rolls his eyes.

"Reverse psycology? I don't know about you, but while I owe the AEthirans alot for the war, I really was expecting him to stupify. We've all heard the stories of their mindlessness."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 07, 2006, 04:13:15 pm
"Redblood, I have been with Axon over a year. Dont you think he would have eaten me in our time being?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 08, 2006, 11:55:52 am
A crack of thunder could be heard in the distance. The clouds had grown noticably darker to the north.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 08, 2006, 12:41:38 pm
Axon gazes at the sky

"A storm could be coming, we better move, the wether on this planet is rarely friendly"

He walks over to Redblood.

"I am what I am! and I am no  emperor shadow, What ever that is! 

I need you t trust me... I know that it can be difficult, but I trust you to stop attacking when I now free you!"

He reaches down and liberates Redblood from his bindings.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 08, 2006, 12:44:30 pm
Redblood still scare for his life runs out in to the forest.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 08, 2006, 12:53:51 pm
"Aww heck!!!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 12:55:04 pm
"Redblood! Dammit, now its turned into a search and rescue!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 01:02:02 pm
Slack draws his blaster and, with an almost godly accuracy, fires a shot into the trees where redblood has vanished. A cry is heard.

"A chase? Not on my watch. We can follow the smell of his burnt hide."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 08, 2006, 01:04:13 pm
Xulkmato, completly unconcerned by what has just happened, begins to snigger.
"Is that your best shot?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 08, 2006, 01:07:55 pm
Redblood still continuse to run even if he is hurt by the blast. Now he seem to be even more determent to run a way. Lucky for Redblood he was made to take damage.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 01:09:10 pm
Slack looks up at the bug, twirls his gun around his finger, and slides it back into its holster.

"You'll find I hit him square in the back of his head, which would have killed a lesser being, however the AEthiran are quite durable. If you wish, we can experiment on you to see how accurate I am with a gun."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 08, 2006, 01:11:19 pm
Slack looks up at the bug, twirls his gun around his finger, and slides it back into its holster.

"You'll find I hit him square in the back of his head, which would have killed a lesser being, however the AEthiran are quite durable. If you wish, we can experiment on you to see how accurate I am with a gun."

You really wanna try me?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 01:16:56 pm
"Oh shut up you two, i'm going after him!" Blinx runs after Redblood to see where he's gone.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 08, 2006, 01:18:00 pm
Not a long time later, there are a pair of screams from slightly further into the jungle from the AEthiran and the Omic.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 08, 2006, 01:30:44 pm
"Screw this!" yells Quasqado, and he begins hacking through the forest towards Blinx and Redblood, "You turds quit your pissing contest and follow!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 08, 2006, 01:33:34 pm
Quasqado, following in the paths of the two, stopped himself just in time; his reflexes allowing himself to catch himself before hurtling over the edge of a massive ravine. Looking down, he could see the AEthiran clinging desperately to some vines, holding onto a leg of the Omic's suit with one free hand.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 08, 2006, 01:37:31 pm
"Oh by Ghil's beard...Everyone, get your worthless skins over here!" Quasqado reaches down with his large, lanky arms,, careful not to lose his balance and slip, and tries to grab onto one of Redblood's arm, and tugs with all his might.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 01:39:18 pm
"Redblood, try and swing me over! It's not as pleasant as it looks hanging upside down over a cliffedge and your life is in the hands of a traumatized Aethiran! Quasqado will you help me up!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 01:41:05 pm
Slack, not being meant for running, waddles as fast as he can through the jungle.

"This is omicsh*t, if they die I'll have no sympathy."

By the time he arrives at the ravine, the rest of the group is already trying to help the AEthiran and the Omic get back up, with Liszt taking notes.

"How does a ViS move faster than me?" he wonders to himself.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 08, 2006, 01:42:16 pm
Unfortunately, the pair were hanging just out of reach of Quasqado's arms.

Far below, more rushing water could be heard. The opposite side of the ravine was much the same as the side that the group were on, except for a smallish clearing around an outcropping of rock some way over to the east.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 08, 2006, 01:42:21 pm
"Here, let me help.'
Pzhystan flies over the cliff and begins pushing the Aetheiran up, if only to help him balance and swing the Omic over.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 08, 2006, 01:44:14 pm
Redblood try with super Æthiran strength to overcome is fear and try to swing Blinx to safety.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 01:45:35 pm
When Blinx is getting pulled by Redblood, the strain starts to pull on the suit, eventually a wire snaps and Blinxs arms go limp, "oh shi shi shi shiiiiiiiiiiii......." Her voice dulls and eventually fades, the lights in the mechs eyes go out. Her suit just went inactive!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 08, 2006, 01:46:21 pm
Even pushing with all of his strength, the weight of the pair stops Pzhystan from being able to move them. They sway as Redblood attempts to swing backwards and forwards. The vine creaks ominously.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 01:48:30 pm
Slack just then remembers his whip.

"Wait! I have an idea! Why not quickly rig some kind of pulley system using the native vines and the tree limbs over head?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 01:52:15 pm
The group is straining under Blinxs dead wait, she can't do anything to help because her suit broke so shes just hanging there. It starts to creak and Redblood is holding on extremely tight. Inside the mech suit the still paralized Omic looks out of the mecks viewport in horror at the abyss below, she starts muttering, "I'm gonna die... gonna die."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 08, 2006, 01:54:45 pm
"Slack, I don't think those branches are strong enough, but if you give it to me, maybe Redblood can grab onto it and we can all try to pull em up." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 01:56:59 pm
Slack pulls out his whip, and tosses it to the Ghulos.

"Here, take it, but I'm not sure one vine is strong enough, I still think with enough braches we could easily pull them up."

Edit: changed Xometrian to Ghulos
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 08, 2006, 01:58:16 pm
((I assume you meant you throw it to the Ghulos :P. Man, our names aren't that similiar, are they?))

"We don't have time to rig it up, I think." Quasqado grabs it, and holds on tight. He dangles it down. "Redblood! Please, try to grab on to this so we can try to help you up!" he yells.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 02:08:02 pm
Blinx starts shaking in fear but then realizes that she can move her tails, so she starts banging the mech interior screaming, "LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 08, 2006, 02:09:08 pm
His sensitive hearing picking up Blinx's panicked screams Quas yells "Redblood! Try to open Blinx's suit! If you can get her out, you might be light enough for us to get up."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 08, 2006, 02:10:33 pm
Redblood try to with his lower arm but can not reach it visor.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 02:14:32 pm
Blinx sees Redblood trying to reach the visor to no avail then looks below her, then she thinks of the Torpal, then looks below her again, "aw! I'm gonna die either way!" she presses a button a lowers the visor, then drags herself out and attempts to climb up Redblood.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 08, 2006, 02:15:23 pm
Quasqado yells, "Good! Good! let her get up on you and then drop her armor, Redblood!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 08, 2006, 02:17:51 pm
Redblood make sure Blinx that is safe and then lets go of the heavy the armor. but the struggle is not over yet. Hi still need to pull him self to safety.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 08, 2006, 02:19:14 pm
Now that Redblood has another hand free Quasqado dangles the whip, "See if you can grab it, and let Blinks scamper up, then we'll try to pull you up, alright?" Says Quasqado, trying to keep as calm as possible.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 08, 2006, 02:21:18 pm
The suit crashes with a slow grace, tumbling gently down into the abyss, bouncing off the cliff walls and splashing in the water far below.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 02:26:05 pm
Blinx turns and looks below "My suit!" then she turns and pulls herslef up the whip, up onto safe ground, where she collapses, then whispers, "the minute the Torpal finds out, I'm a goner..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 08, 2006, 02:31:49 pm
"Try tying it around me, id be stronger stronger then all of you on my four legs" Zhix says while bending down.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 02:40:53 pm
Slack approches the obnoxious rat, still recovering from her ordeal.

"So... out of her suit, and fatigued... an easy catch. You fear the Torpal? Do you acctually think I lent my whip to save you? If I remember, you've tried to kill me twice...  let me repay the favor."

Slack picks Blinx up by the tail and opens his mouth...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 02:42:54 pm
Blinx rolls her eyes, "oh thats just great! I'm about to be eaten by a gryfon!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 08, 2006, 02:43:31 pm
"Mis-ter Slack!" Cuts in a familiar voice

"I hope you arent doing something you may come to regret"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 02:44:36 pm
Blinx looks up "saved by the ViS."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 02:45:48 pm
Slack stops in mid-bite. He looks at Liszt, then pulls Blinx out and throws her on the ground.

"Meh... they're no good without a dipping sauce anyway."

He turns around and waddles back to the ravine to help with Redblood.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 02:48:00 pm
Blinx looks at the ViS "Thanks I suppose, I'll be prepared next time though, all I need is some good reading material on Gryfon arteries and where to find them, and a good knife."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 08, 2006, 02:49:17 pm
"Dear me, dear me, what's this then?" Kal wanders up behind the group and walks to the edge of the ravine.

Looking over the edge, he remarked, "My, that's a long way down. Did anyone see this rock?" He holds up a small pebble.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 02:50:39 pm
Blinx walks to the edge next to the Icthian and squints down "my mechs down there somewhere!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 08, 2006, 02:51:51 pm
"I'm sorry, who are you? I don't remember seeing you before."

Turning to the ViS, he said, "I don't know what you hired this thing for. It's smaller than I am."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 08, 2006, 02:52:30 pm
"yeah, fine and dandy, but our favorite lunatic is still hanging for his life! come on Quasado, tie the rope around me, ill easily pull him up"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 08, 2006, 02:53:48 pm
"It's not weather we can pull him up, it's weather if he'll grab onto the damn whip! Comeon, Redblood!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 02:56:40 pm
Blinx looks up to the Icthian "Uhhhh, Mr Fiske? Surely you knew there was an Omic in that suit?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 08, 2006, 03:00:13 pm
Redblood tries to reach for the whip and manage to grab it!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 08, 2006, 03:09:47 pm
Quasqado pulls with all his might, trying to help Redblood up. He yells for his crewmates to help as well.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 08, 2006, 03:11:17 pm
With Redblood's free hands trying to get holds on the rock and the weight of people as they pile in to help pull, they just about drag him to the top.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 03:14:07 pm
When Redblood is safe Blinx looks around "well I'm glad that ordeals over..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 08, 2006, 03:15:20 pm
"Thank to all" said Redblood to the crew.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 08, 2006, 03:19:17 pm
Ic-Fiske leans further over the edge, talking to Blinx.

"Suit? Oh, yes, I remember. Where's it now? Down there?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 08, 2006, 03:21:19 pm
Quasqado pants, ands plops down away from the rest of the crew. He ponders too himself. Two people saved. Well, three if you count Gaff...jeez. I just came here to cut trees and do some heavy lifting...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 08, 2006, 03:25:23 pm
Ic-Fiske leans further over the edge, talking to Blinx.

"Suit? Oh, yes, I remember. Where's it now? Down there?"

"Yes, probably broken beyond repair, and now I'm gonna get eaten."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 04:00:13 pm
Slack goes to collect his whip, places it at his side, and eyes Blinx with distain.

"You'll die soon enough..." he mutters.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 08, 2006, 04:06:43 pm
Quasqado shudders a bit, and speaks, "No one is going to be killing anyone, if they prefer to keep their organs on the inside."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 08, 2006, 09:23:22 pm
"Yes well, shut up you damned Gryfon"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 09:31:11 pm
"Kiss my asses Kratok. Why the CO let your kind survive is beyond me, after you aided the Necromonicon. You disgust me, and if it had been the decision of the Gryfon, your species would have been exterminated along with the Necros."

Slack spits on the ground beside the Kratok.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 08, 2006, 09:36:44 pm
"If it was up to you, we would still be here. Not like Gryfon are any better, like grass. The only use is to eat it" At this moment Zhix grabs a leaf off of a tree to eat.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 09:51:58 pm
Slack pulls out his blaster, and blows one of the Kratok's stalks off. He screams in agony. Slack replies.

"Serves you right, traitorous filth. Be glad they grow back."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 08, 2006, 09:56:01 pm
A group of nanobots comes to defense, blocking the attack "It seems somone cant control himself!" Zhix takes Slacks blaster away from him and destroys it in his hands.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 09:59:46 pm
"You fool! Do you know how much that blaster cost!? It's custom made!"

Slack pulls out his whip in anticipation of a fight.

"The Kratok started it, and I will finish it, and finsh you Axon - getting rid of a traitor and one of the last useless piles of scrap metal at the same time."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 08, 2006, 10:04:06 pm
"I have done nothing wrong, just calling you a simple name for saying that you were going to kill one of your own members, then you insulted me, I insulted back, you shot me, I disarmed you. Also, my stalk would cost twice as much as any small mechanic, and if you want to fight, ill be happy to eat your whip as well".
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 10:11:17 pm
"Yes... well... thanks to your retarded robotic friend, our entire group is now short one more weapon, after we just lost a mech suit. I hope you're proud of yourselves. At this rate none of us are going anywhere."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 08, 2006, 10:19:51 pm
That would because Blinx went wandering off with no idea what she was doing. Its not like shooting Redblood helped any. Also, why the hell did you go shooting me in the first place?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 08, 2006, 10:22:50 pm
"Well everyone else was doing it, I figured I might as well join in the fun, cause obviously this plot... I mean expedition... is going nowhere."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 12:22:11 am
Blinx stood up and walked somewhere away from the argument, then, when she gets she realizes she can walk. "Yes!!!" she shouts.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 09, 2006, 01:53:43 am
"Just because everyone else was doing something, you don't have to listen, and why the expedition went off track would be because we werent prepared yet. How many days have you been here? Two? Ive been here over a hundred days and have still to see any treasure at ALL, only monsterous beasts trying to eat us."

"Anyways, you need some help there Blinx?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 02:03:43 am
Blinx is still quite angry at the Kratok and glares at him. "Why would need help?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 09, 2006, 02:06:34 am
"Because some of the smallest lizards to eat you, and most people would like to step on"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 02:08:05 am
"And you're not the most pleasant person to be near, are you aware that you haven't washed in days?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 09, 2006, 02:09:29 am
"Neither have you, stuck in a mech"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 02:10:50 am
"Damn, you're right, but at least I have an excuse, you are surrounded by rivers and oceans!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 09, 2006, 02:12:43 am
"Filled with predators that could eat my stalks off in three bites, surrounded by drinking, people eating plants and lizards
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 02:14:20 am
"Damn, you know what... Just, just shut up."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 09, 2006, 02:16:10 am
Momentarily, the are is cast into shadow, and then returns to full light
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 09, 2006, 03:35:52 am
Redblood start to realize what just happen. Still a little shock hi say to Liszt "I'm sorry for what i did. I think i somehow know that Axon is not a Emperors Shadow now but i not sure i can control my fear. Is best if Axon tries to hide his nature. My fear is not rational. I may run of again if he change his form"

Redblood then notice Blinx staining their on the ground. "Ah.. Well is better you get a ride with me or you will probably just slow use down. Jump aboard" said Redblood and stretches out one arm so Blinx could walk up on to his shoulders.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 08:08:13 am
Blinx looks at Redbloods hand with distaste, "I'm fine by myself thanks, it won't be long 'till we find my mech anyway." (Yes, Blinx is still in denile.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 09, 2006, 08:11:26 am
"Sigh... We do not have time for this..." Grabs Blinx "You safer with me and on the ground. And maybe we can recover you knights armor later but i would not bet on it."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 08:13:28 am
Blinx struggles in Redbloods fingers, "let me go!" she hits Redblood with her tail but Redblood doesn't notice, "let me go!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 09, 2006, 08:16:23 am
"Calm down. Would you rather be eaten you some wile creature? Or maybe a one of the crew members." said Redblood
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 08:18:22 am
Blinx stops struggling and looks sad "I hate being an Omic... Fine then, I'll ride with you."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 09, 2006, 10:29:43 am
"Now The "Excitment" is over, and we've finally managed to convince Redblood there is no boogieman, may we continue?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 09, 2006, 10:32:09 am
Kal tosses the rock over the cliff edge. He waits, and there is a barely discernable splash at the bottom.
"Mr Lizst, where did you say those emissions were coming from? Across this ravine, was it not?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 09, 2006, 11:19:27 am
"Me 'n Redblood could take down some trees and build a bridge over, if we need to." says Quasqado, after catching his breath.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 09, 2006, 01:31:41 pm
Xulmarab approachs the edge, peers over, then takes a few steps back. He then charges forwards and jumps, but narrowly misses and begins to look smaller from the others...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 01:43:39 pm
Blinx sits on Redbloods shoulder and whispers to Redblood, "have you finally left Axon be now?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 09, 2006, 01:46:29 pm
Redblood start to feel a little uneasy. "Please i no is irrational but I'm actually scared of him. I can not help it."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 01:49:39 pm
"I don't mind, as long as you don't see him and start running and I fall of and get left in the middle of the forest I'm okay." Blinx looks at the Ghulos, and says to Redblood, "you gonna help him cut down trees?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 09, 2006, 01:53:06 pm
"Is not my call. Liszt is the boss and I'm not sure if it is the best idea."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 01:54:53 pm
Blinx stretches, "whatever you say, I'm in no condition to complain now am I? I can really see where Karma came in during this expedition."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 09, 2006, 02:01:14 pm
Redblood answers with a low voice: "You could have bin a lot nicer. But what is done is done. You can not take it back now. Well maybe if you beg the about forgiveness."

Then Redblood starts to walk off. "I allmost forgot the knifes. Can be of good use if i can find them again."

And Redblood start looking for them.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 02:04:44 pm
"I told you already, I don't beg, and that Torpal deserved everyting, his entire race deserves it."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 09, 2006, 02:10:19 pm
Redblood answers quickly: "Yes Yes. Can you help me and see if you can find the big blades? There should be heir somewhere..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 09, 2006, 02:29:49 pm
Slack, still mourning over the loss of his blaster, holds his whip close and sheds a tear.

"That Omic... she's caused nothing but trouble... and now I've lost my gun. I spent a fortune on that blaster... the perfect balance, self-recharging cell, adaptive laser tracking, 12 different modes... you can't just buy those things anywhere, not even on Scion."

He whipes away a tear, puffs himself up, and waddles back over to the group.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 02:37:03 pm
"The machetes? You left them back near Axon when you were shot by the pacifier."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 09, 2006, 02:45:29 pm
"We dont have time to go back... luckily I have a machete in my DT case"

Liszt opens the case and leans into it, rummaging in its expansive interiro and pulling out a large blade. Just a log across would do, no need for any complex engineering.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 09, 2006, 02:48:36 pm
Slack is intrigued by the ViS' case.

"Hey Lizst, how much stuff do you have in that case anyway? I've tried aquiring one for myself but you ViS are overly protective of the technology.""
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 09, 2006, 02:52:06 pm
Redblood take back the blades: "Thanks for getting the blades Liszt. I was not sure what happend to them. There good to have in a place like this."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 09, 2006, 02:54:04 pm
"You know what else is good to have? A BLASTER."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 09, 2006, 02:59:51 pm
Slack is intrigued by the ViS' case.

"Hey Lizst, how much stuff do you have in that case anyway? I've tried aquiring one for myself but you ViS are overly protective of the technology.""
The case is roughly 10 times larger on the inside than it is on the outside. We dont give it out to other races for good reason. Administration doesnt need money, so its safer to keep these things for ourselves. Its not perfect technology either, we occasionally get leaks from hammerspace. Not pleasant.

"You know what else is good to have? A BLASTER."
"Stop complaining Mister Slack. I'm sure we all feel much more secure now you dont have access to firepower"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 03:04:06 pm
Blinx looks at Liszt doubtfully, "you think I feel more secure?!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 09, 2006, 03:07:24 pm
"The rat is right you know. She's safer if I have a gun, because it gives me the option of killing something else to eat before I just toss her into my mouth again. I'm sure you must have a spare pistol somewhere in your case."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 09, 2006, 03:15:44 pm
Blinx looks at Liszt doubtfully, "you think I feel more secure?!"
"You are sitting on the shoulders of a giant Miss Blinx. If I were you I would feel secure"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 03:17:36 pm
Blinx snares at the Gryfon, "any excuse for you to acquire a gun."

She looks at the ViS, "I won't always be up here you know."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 09, 2006, 03:19:07 pm
"Mister Slack you will eat standard rations and enjoy them. We will not resort to killing native wildlife for food. It could be dangerous"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 09, 2006, 03:32:02 pm
Quasqado seems to be measuring the gap with his eyes, and the height of the trees, before picking a suitable one. He begins cutting into it, and carefully guide it away from his crrewmates. "Redblood, can you help me shift this into place?" says Quas, working on moving the log to bridge the gap.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 09, 2006, 03:39:48 pm
The huge tree, some 50 metres tall, topples and falls just catching the opposite edge of the ravine. It leaves a large space in the canopy, and light filters down to the edge. Kal looks on appreciatively. "Oh, well done."

There is another crack of thunder in the distance, and the sky grows darker.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 09, 2006, 03:42:00 pm
"Well. Nevermind. Who wants to lead us across into the unknown?" inquires Quasqado, shrugging his powerful shoulders.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 09, 2006, 03:43:22 pm
"Aha! Now we can move on!" Blinx said happily.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 09, 2006, 04:28:26 pm
"I wounder if is really safe" said Redblood and look at the makeshift bridge.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 09, 2006, 04:29:44 pm
There was another crack of thunder. A few drops started falling from the sky.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 09, 2006, 04:51:10 pm
"We need to find shelter NOW! if this wether gets worse we will be in big trouble!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 09, 2006, 05:51:20 pm
"Its not that bad yet, though my sight is starting to get a little blurry, we might want another tree to cross, and just to be safe, how about you go first Slack?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 09, 2006, 05:55:13 pm
Slack raises his webbed hand and gives his version of "flipping the bird" to the Kratok.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 09, 2006, 05:58:35 pm
Gaff, having watched the previous incident, approaches Slack, placing his arm over Slack's shoulder. "Listen, buddy" Gaff whispers, sarcastically "You better watch it...I'm gonna eat that omic, so you keep your hands off."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 09, 2006, 06:04:58 pm
Gaff, having watched the previous incident, approaches Slack, placing his arm over Slack's shoulder. "Listen, buddy" Gaff whispers, sarcastically "You better watch it...I'm gonna eat that omic, so you keep your hands off."

"Why don't we split her 50/50, I have enough Naucean tartar sauce for both of us."

OOC: I'm off to dinner, will be back in about an hour.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 09, 2006, 06:10:15 pm
"Ahh, I hadn't even thought about seasonings...You know what, sounds like a deal." Gaff replied, grinning, as he shook Slack's hand.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 09, 2006, 06:38:53 pm
"Say Gaff... while we're talking about deals... would it possible for me to buy or rent a weapon from you for the remainder of this trip?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 09, 2006, 09:28:09 pm
"Sorry, no can do...Damn omic blew all my stuff up; all I've got left are my trusty shoulder cannons..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 09, 2006, 10:14:22 pm
"This is insane! That Omic will be the death of us all!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 09, 2006, 10:20:45 pm
"How exactly would she be, at a mighty average-omic size?" Timesjai says as she makes herself known, a small smirk upon her face. "No insult intended, sorry I've been gone, long story." She looks around at everyone. "Like anyone even noticed...." She said in a bit of a more upset tone. "I guess they have their reasons."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 10, 2006, 03:13:19 am
Whilst the rain grows steadily heavier, the vegetation is starting to grow back in the space left by the tree.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 07:11:34 am
Blinx looks up at the rain, "oh great, I just remembered how bad my wet fur smells."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 10, 2006, 07:27:05 am
"Blinx is right. We do not think is a good thing if we say in this place mush longer"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 07:34:45 am
"Not to mention that cliff edge gives me the creeps!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 10, 2006, 07:35:48 am
"Lets press on, theres bound to be shelter on the other side of the ravine"

Liszt carefully crosses the makeshift brige across the ravine and gestures for the others to follow.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 10, 2006, 07:39:44 am
As Liszt steps out, he notices that the rain is making the tree's trunk slippery. Branches are also impeding progress.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 07:40:50 am
"Liszt, i don't recomend crossing that in the rain!" Blinx thinks for a sec, "on second thought, you go ahead!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 10, 2006, 07:42:55 am
"We ViS are gastropods. If I can keep my footing on the algae plains on the homeworld I can handle a soggy tree thank you Miss Blinx."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 07:44:22 am
"Damn.... Thought about whats on the other side?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 10, 2006, 07:51:12 am
Redblood tries to follow walking upright but he slips but on the tree.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 10, 2006, 07:54:22 am
Axon goes over to the rapidly growing vegetation and cuts of a few wines  and tie them together as a rope. he ties one end to one of the larger trees and, While making sure that Redblood does not notice, transform his feet into sharp calves.

holding the other end of the "robe" he carefully walk out on the "bridge"

"I have a BAD feeling about this!!!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 07:54:38 am
When Redblood slipped Blinx tripped up and scrabbled onto redbloods shoulder, "woah, I gotta hold on from now on!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 10, 2006, 07:57:25 am
"Here grab this rope... It should hold!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 10, 2006, 08:00:27 am
Redblood take the rope and tries to get a better grip on the tree with his claws. he slowly tries to cross.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 10, 2006, 08:05:09 am
There is a barking, and several of the small dog-lizards appear warily at the edge of the clearing around the stump of the fallen tree. The rain starts to pick up a bit, as does the wind.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 08:06:43 am
"Blinx looks at the lizard dogs, well thats just great, the one chance I get to whoop some ass and my mechs down there"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 10, 2006, 08:10:41 am
Axon also notice the lizards.

"Hurry, we are running out of time! this is not a wether to be out in."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 10, 2006, 08:24:41 am
Redblood increase the paces and hopes his dexterity will help hi over the makeshift bridge.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 10, 2006, 08:29:38 am
From out of the undergrowth crashed a huge black ten-limbed arthropod. The two massive claws on the front legs were sharply serrated and it scuttled towards the lizards, who fled. Its prey gone, it turned an eyestalk and noticed the group, before starting to advance menacingly towards them, clicking its claws.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 10, 2006, 08:37:13 am
"You guys hurry over Ill try to keep this thing busy!" Axon shouts to the group

He grabs his spear and through it with all his might at the creature.

the beast cathes the spear in mid-air and through it away.

"oh well, worth a shot!"

While the others try to come across, Axon again changes into fighting configuration (4 arms, two with  blades and a tail)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 10, 2006, 08:39:54 am
Redblood made it over the bridge and notices the danger on the other side: "Quickly make it over!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 08:41:33 am
Blinx sees Axon morph then looks and Redblood, she panics and swings around behind Redbloods head, and covers Redbloods eyes. "Redblood don't look, I'll guide you, just don't look!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 10, 2006, 08:43:18 am
Quasqado traverses across the tree on all fours,, using his metal claws to grip onto it. "I hope our artificial friend wil lbe allright. I wonder if he can glide across..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 10, 2006, 08:44:36 am
Axon uses his tail to grab hold of the tree while his two lover arms grab (The ones with out blades) his Blaster and the Pacifier gun.

The creature comes nearer...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 10, 2006, 08:45:48 am
"OK. OK. I will not look." said redblood to Blinx and start to sit down hoping the others makes it.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 10, 2006, 08:46:50 am
The creature angrily jumps forward and rears up on its back four legs, the others waving in the air, before dropping back down and lunging at Axon with a claw.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 08:48:23 am
"Wait, I suppose it's okay too look over there.." she says and points away from the bridge, "just Axon is behind you so don't look at the bridge or the cliff, please." She lets go and swings to Redbloods shoulder again.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 10, 2006, 08:50:31 am
Redblood start looking at the direction blinx thought it was safe to look.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 08:52:46 am
Blinx rubs her stomach, "sheesh, I need something to eat after feeding off that mech for years" she climbs off Redblood and says, "where do you think I could find food?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 10, 2006, 08:53:36 am
"Lizst has rations in his briefcase, I think." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 10, 2006, 08:56:25 am
Axon get knocked down by the force of the blow, but thanks to his tail he manages to stay on the trunk, but he drops his blaster down in the deep canyon.

Getting up again he jumps at the creature with his blades first!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 10, 2006, 09:02:28 am
Tsems slides onto the trunk, wrapping his tentacls around it.
 He draws his Gun and crouches (as much as a creature with tentacles wrapped around a log can crouch) the laser sight of his rifle falling on the creature. He thinks about shooting it, but Axon is in the way and it's impossible to get a clear shot.
He fires at the trees above it, hoping to bring some branches falling down onto the creature...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 10, 2006, 09:06:20 am
The blades cut a deep gash into the creature's head, and sever its left mandible. Branches fall, but seem to just bounce off the armoured exoskeleton. It screams in pain from its wound, and steps back before spitting a mucousy fluid at Axon.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 10, 2006, 09:11:08 am
Seeing that his attempts to aid are doing nothing, he calls:
"I need something sharp so i can help Axon... does anyone have anything?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 10, 2006, 09:13:53 am
Axon had not anticipated that and barley have time to cover his visual receptors with his hands.

"What the heck is that" Axon shouts in disgust as he has the stuff all over his arms and his torso.

Axon tries to make his way over to the side where the rest of the group is now assembled. beneath him the tree is rocking ominously in the strong wind.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 10, 2006, 09:21:45 am
Axon had not anticipated that and barley have time to cover his visual receptors with his hands.

"What the heck is that" Axon shouts in disgust as he has the stuff all over his arms and his torso.

Axon tries to make his way over to the side where the rest of the group is now assembled. beneath him the tree is rocking ominously in the strong wind.
Tsem is still on the log.

Seeing That Axon is retreating, Tsem heads toward the other side rather than slow him down... The wind is picking up, But Tsem's tentacles appear to be adaquetly holding him on....
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 10, 2006, 09:33:19 am
"Go go, hurry there!" Axon tries to keep on the tree while it is rocking about ind the wind.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 10, 2006, 09:45:31 am
Tsem slithers quickly ove rthe branch, and rolls over his shoulder to arrive at the other side.
"Come on, Axon!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 10, 2006, 10:17:57 am
Slack is meanwhile just finishing his slide accross the trunk. He turns to Gaff:

"I know you don't have a gun I can use, but I have impeccable aim - if you let me up on your shoulders perhaps together we can target your shoulder cannons effectively to combat this bug. Normally they don't have the required range and accuracy, but I've been around many torpal weapons and learnt to adapt and engineer them to my physiology."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 10, 2006, 10:38:00 am
The creature rears in pain, and spins round, there is a bolt sticking out of its back. A xometrian creeps underneath it and again it turns, but this time slower, weakened by the poison
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 10, 2006, 02:48:21 pm
"Everyone, stay away from Axon, most insectoids on this planet are poisonous so that goo on him could be highly dangerous" Zhix says, walking to the side
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 02:49:50 pm
"Lucky he's a robot... Now, let me rephrase my earlier question, where can I find some real food?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 10, 2006, 03:17:10 pm
"Look in a mirror?" says Quasqado, chuckling, after the Omic scoffed at his honest attempt to answer her question.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 03:18:21 pm
"Shut up. Just shut up." She sighs and sits down.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 10, 2006, 03:23:43 pm
"You're in no position to boss me around, after I saved your ass, even though you have done nothing but act like a total phallus the hole trip." mutters Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 03:29:43 pm
"You'd probably be cranky too if your an endangered species, and you just lost the one thing that kept you alive surrounded by people A LOT taller than you!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 10, 2006, 03:37:22 pm
"I'm short, my species only resides on one planet, and yet I seem to have no trouble getting along, or staying optimistic." said Pzhystan.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 04:02:05 pm
"Your not an appetizer."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 10, 2006, 04:07:14 pm
Zhix pulls a vine out of the ground, and throws it at Blinx "There, ya happy?!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 10, 2006, 04:12:24 pm
"Yay..." she sighs and goes off by herself.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 10, 2006, 07:06:28 pm
Slack is meanwhile just finishing his slide accross the trunk. He turns to Gaff:

"I know you don't have a gun I can use, but I have impeccable aim - if you let me up on your shoulders perhaps together we can target your shoulder cannons effectively to combat this bug. Normally they don't have the required range and accuracy, but I've been around many torpal weapons and learnt to adapt and engineer them to my physiology."

"I think I can aim just fine, but..." Gaff sighs "...hop on." Pullig Slack up onto his back, Gaff says, "Hit this thing where it'll hurt."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 10, 2006, 09:26:07 pm
Slack immediately begins fidling with the shoulder guns wireing. By lowering the blast disperal radius he increases the aim and firing distance. He calls Dom over to make sure it "looks right," then takes aim.

"Axon, prepare to duck, I want to hit this thing right in the kisser!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 11, 2006, 01:17:07 pm
Blinx sighs and lies down on the ground, after a while she goes back to Redblood and says, "why did you join this expedition anyway?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 11, 2006, 01:23:00 pm
Redblood answered Blinx. "I Just wished to get as far away from the Æthiran Empire as possible. Serfs that try to escape are often hunted down if just for sport. I was hoping that this planet would be safe from the reach of the Æthiran Empire. It seems nice enough. I might even stay."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 11, 2006, 01:25:13 pm
"Stay? Here? You must be crazy! Even though I have nowhere to go after this I wouldn't stay here!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 11, 2006, 01:34:59 pm
"Is better the Othyxir. The only thing i have to worry about in this places are other beast and none of them seem to posses any magic or shiny metal armor to protect them. But the truth is i do no know what to do. I was just happy that someone would like to take me with them. I'm very gratefully to Liszt for that."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 11, 2006, 01:39:45 pm
For a split second Slack conciders hitting Axon with the shoulder gun, as revenge for him crushing the blaster. But he shakes it off, and aims at the beast - knowing that as long as Blinx is around, everyone, including Axon, will suffer. As he fires, the bolt streaks through the air, narrowly missing Axon's head, and hitting the creature square in the eye, blinding it. It reels back and roars. Slack immidiately starts firing again and again, as the creature is slowly knocked back by the rapid gun fire, giving Axon and Xulkmeto time to get off the log, once it's safe, Slack starts firing at the log itself, and splitering it, trying to make it break and fall down the ravine, dragging the beast with it.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 11, 2006, 01:43:41 pm
Distortions are seen in a place ; it is Xulmarab letting everyone know he is there
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 11, 2006, 02:00:35 pm
Blinded and enraged the beast charge blindly and hit Axon in the back, he gets knocked down and narrowly avoids falling off the log, while Xulkmeto manages to get to the other side.

The tree starts breaking down, but Axon is now so PISSED that he don't notice. He turns and slam his bladed fist into the creatures scull.

"Will you DIE, YOU SON OF A NECRID" he roars so its even audibly over the howling wind and the thundering rain!

The beast colapses on the tree and Axon turns just in time to see the tree snap and the others see the tree, the dead creature and Axon fall down in the chasm...

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 11, 2006, 02:23:02 pm
Slack stops firing and watches as Axon falls. He thinks to himself:

"Awww sh*t, now everyone is going to blame me for losing Axon. Not that'll I'll miss him."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 11, 2006, 02:27:05 pm
"Hey up there! can you give me a hand?" A voice sounds from the deep.

The party looks down to find Axon, soaked in water, mud and the creatures mucus and blood, hanging by a root, 5 meters down!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 11, 2006, 02:35:37 pm
Slack, eager to save his hide, jumps off Gaff and rushes to the edge. He throws down his whip and tells Axon to grab on and climb up.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 11, 2006, 02:39:09 pm
Blinx approaches the cliff edge, "Axon, aren't you a shapeshifter? Cant you make your fingers claws and climb up or something?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 11, 2006, 02:43:53 pm
hearing the word shapeshifter Redblood body shivers for a moment.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 11, 2006, 03:27:57 pm
Axon grabs Slacks whip and crawl up to the others.

"It takes a great deal of concentration and energy to shapeshift!" Axon tells Blinx

"And I'm so... so... tired!" he says and colapses on the ground!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 11, 2006, 03:32:21 pm
Slack is also exausted.

"Well, now that I've saved your shiney metal ass, I expect and appology for the destruction of my blaster. And if we find any ancient ruins here, I claim the first peice of technology that looks like a hand-held weapon."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 11, 2006, 03:36:36 pm
"Whats your problem?! Im the one that broke your stupid blaster, and its because you tried to ****ing kill me! I thought your group agreed that you shouldint have a gun..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 11, 2006, 03:51:39 pm
"Whats your problem?! Im the one that broke your stupid blaster, and its because you tried to ****ing kill me! I thought your group agreed that you shouldint have a gun..."

"The group may agree... I don't."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 11, 2006, 03:52:53 pm
"I always thought brains were needed to operate hand guns...."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 11, 2006, 03:55:22 pm
"I always thought brains were needed to operate hand guns...."

"A common misconception. All it requires is a steady hand, good eyes, and a healthy diet full of Omic meat."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 11, 2006, 03:56:57 pm
"Whats your problem?! Im the one that broke your stupid blaster, and its because you tried to ****ing kill me! I thought your group agreed that you shouldint have a gun..."

"The group may agree... I don't."

"Its not ever the choice of a criminal to go to jail now is it?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 11, 2006, 03:58:57 pm
"I always thought brains were needed to operate hand guns...."

"A common misconception. All it requires is a steady hand, good eyes, and a healthy diet full of Omic meat."

"Thats as may be Mister Slack but I heard that many soldiers during the Necrid Discord attributed the strength of the Necromonicon hordes to the large amounts of Gryphon flesh they consumed"
Said Liszt, rather scathingly

"Now, lets move on shall we"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 11, 2006, 04:02:49 pm
Redblood start to follow Liszt again making sure that the little omic is safe on hi shoulder.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 11, 2006, 04:07:12 pm
"Hahaha, without our help you wouldn't even be here ViS. I wouldn't speak if I were you, 'cause without us, you'd be on an Elders dinner plate right now."

Slack finishes widing his whip.

"Also I've found many of the criminals you people toss away are good trade partners, they're just trying to survive, just like the rest of us. Anyway, I do agree we should move on, don't want the Wexxian's circuits to fry in the rain."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 11, 2006, 04:11:52 pm
"Ladies first, Miss Slack" Zhix then grabs hold of Slack and throws him infront of the group
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 11, 2006, 04:14:32 pm
"Mister Slack, at the time of the Necrid discord the ViS species were, and in fact still are, one of the most advanced to ever have existed. Even then we knew the secrets of zero point energy, which even today hardly anyone can understand, and the Administration spanned a million systems. The Necromonicon on the other hand were just large prolific lizards with delusions of grandeur. They were never a direct threat to the ViS, we merely intervened to save our allies at the time. Besides, now we have the Sentinels we will likely never see another conflict like the Discord"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 11, 2006, 04:20:13 pm
"Ladies first, Miss Slack" Zhix then grabs hold of Slack and throws him infront of the group

"Technically I'm neither man nor woman."

The group turns to look at him in confusion.

"What? Oh... you don't know do you?"

The group still looks at him awkwardly.

"Well, hopefully most of you know the Gryfon have three genders, compared to your two. Honestly, when we find out in school you all have two, it's a bit weird for us as well. Anyway, I am neither your version of male or female, I'm an Id... the third gender. I'm only refered to as a 'Him' or 'He' because Id are closer to males than females. We understand it's just easier for all of you to understand that way."

He turns to liszt.

"Whatever the case, the ViS, while pleasant to barter with, are in my eyes as full of ego as the Necromonicon were."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 11, 2006, 04:27:50 pm
"Oh, its not ego. We are just aware of our superiority. False modesty isnt our style"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 11, 2006, 04:31:40 pm
"Oh, its not ego. We are just aware of our superiority. False modesty isnt our style"

"You don't have any style, in any sense of the word."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 11, 2006, 04:54:53 pm
Axon slowly gets back on his feet and starts folowing the group. slowly he starts regaining his strength, but he has still not enough to transform back to his standart form.

On the ground he finds his Wexxian stun-gun and he gets an idea. He walks up to Slack and takes him a bit away from the others.

"Thanks for helping me!

I agree with you... you need a weapon, otherwise you will just keep annoying everyone and be useless if we get in real trouble.

So... I have a proposal, and I don't think the group will mind, I... I want you to take this!"

Axon hands Slack his Pacifier.

"This is no joke... this fires an Ion pulse from here, #Indicates# the pulse stuns electrick circuts and creatures."

Axon can see that Slack isn't exactly appreciating the gift

"Hey... This is not any gun. This is a Wexxian X-1 Pacifier, this gun was crafted more than 200 years, by the CLASSIC Wexxians, there was less than a hundred of thees guns made and this is the last in the galaxy... It is a relic from the golden age. Use it well!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 11, 2006, 05:32:45 pm
"Well, its no plasma blaster, but it is ancient technology... thanks."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 11, 2006, 05:41:08 pm
Quasqado prods Lizst. "Mr. Lizst, just wondering, do you have a carving knife or anything of the sort in that briefcase? If you do, may I borrow it? It will be returned at the end of the expedition."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 11, 2006, 09:27:22 pm
"While we are on the subject of species, what am I? No, really I don't know. I know I can't be one of a kind seeing I've seen a few like myself, but not that many whereas I have seen millions of all your kinds. I have always wondered what I was and since the ViS have such an archive I figure you will know." Timesjai says to Lizst, and waits in antisipation. This is it, I'm going to figure out what I am and why I can do all these things that others can't and.... She thinks to herself.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 11, 2006, 09:43:02 pm
"Wow... another being without a species. Poor dear. Liszt, help the darn Ryndalian out."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 12, 2006, 02:25:46 am
"Sheesh, this is really boring, when are we gonna move on?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 12, 2006, 10:57:37 am
Threre is a sudden flash and the distortion (Xulmarab) vanishes
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 12, 2006, 10:58:50 am
"I wish that Xometrian would stop showing off and just become visible like the rest of us...." Blinx says to Redblood.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 12, 2006, 11:10:17 am
Redblood answers Blinx. "If you look carefully you can actually spot him. Is pretty fun trying to spot him really."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 12, 2006, 11:13:51 am
"You do that." Says Blinx looking around, "I'm even starting to get interested in eating Liszts rations now..." Says Blinx hungrily.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on July 12, 2006, 11:15:39 am
There is another flash, a distortion appears, and eventually fades into Xulmarab.
"Just because i can camouflage and you can't, doesn't mean you have to insult me"
Obviously showing off, Xulmarab flickers between several colours and the n returns to normal
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 12, 2006, 11:18:18 am
Blinx tries to hold back laughing, "see? Such a show off!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 12, 2006, 11:29:18 am
Redblood says to Blinx: "Try not to make a Enemies Blinx."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 12, 2006, 11:41:48 am
"I can make as many enemies as I want, I'm already dead!" Blinx says like its matter of fact.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 12, 2006, 11:58:51 am
"Why have you already given up Blinx? Is not life worth something?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 12, 2006, 12:15:46 pm
"Well I have nothing to get back to at all, and I've already signed a death wish, and I'm Omic, all the odds are clearly against me."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 12, 2006, 01:06:04 pm
"And what do i have to get back to?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 12, 2006, 01:07:18 pm
A tree branch wraps around Xulmarab in one swift motion. Right before it tries to do anything the Branch pulls away, through several twists of hidden areas and forms back into Timesjai's tail. Xulmarab looks over at her and she says, "Its not wise to show off, you never know when someone will outclass you. I hope you've learned your lesson." Turning to the ViS she continues, "Now, could I have that answer please?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 12, 2006, 01:26:28 pm
Liszt sighs and taps a few buttons on his multiscanner.
"I suppose youll have to find out eventually"

A speaker extends from the side of the device and proclaims in a voice somehow familiar

"The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy has this to say on the Ryndalians:
The Ryndalians are 8 limbed, many fingered and large eyed humanoids from the planet <file: Planetname/ryndalians not found>. The Ryndalians are characterised by having one of the most incomprehensible histories of any known species. No other race has experienced so many wars, schisms, revolutions, upsets and brewhahas in such a short span of time. What little reliable information existed on this species was likely destroyed in a major conflict following their first contact with the ViS, whom they mistook for servants of their Devil figure. Needless to say, against the combined might of the singleminded ViS administration the Ryndalians were ineffective and their current status as a civilisation is unknown as the region of space they occupied was cordoned off by a vast fissure of spatial disturbance of unknown source. Only the more civilised expatriot Ryndalians are still in the public eye, although they are somewhat rare"

"Still, no hard feelings eh?"
said Liszt as the recording came to a finish.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 12, 2006, 01:50:20 pm
Quasqado prods Lizst again. "Sir, can you answer my question?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 12, 2006, 01:53:25 pm
Axon looks at Liszts devise.

"Thats impressive! I wonder, does that thing have anything to say about the Wexxians... Or does it not include extinct species?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 12, 2006, 03:03:06 pm
Quasqado prods Lizst again. "Sir, can you answer my question?

"I'm sorry, could you ask it again. I dont recall hearing it the first time"

Hearing Axon, the multiscanner once again acesses its inbuilt guide
"Wexxians: The Wexxians were a civilisation of mechanical life-forms originating in an asteroid belt in the Azura system which was tragically lost following the Necrid Wars. In temperament the Wexxians were unflinching in their support of love, freedom and mothers neutron pie. After the destruction of their Originator space station and betrayal by stereotypical megalomaniac Nemesis the Wexxians fell into a state of specieswide depression and commited what is essentially mass suicide by deleting their higher operating functions and returning to a presapient state. Stories persist of rogue Wexxians such as Charm, Nano and Axon but most consider these hyperurban legends."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 12, 2006, 06:38:58 pm
"Ahh yes, good old Charm, I don't recall anyone else called Nano, but If I remember correctly; Flaxtrum, the captain of the Clorvous pirates, called me Nano as a nickname... Well, before I killed him! Ha those where the days..."

Axon says (Mostly to himself) while gazing unfocused at nothing, remembering the OLD times... Pirate hunting!  :D
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 13, 2006, 02:37:37 pm
"Can we please start moving people?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 15, 2006, 01:19:25 pm
"Yes when are we going to move on. There is no reason to wait for Danger."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 15, 2006, 03:54:03 pm
"What are we waiting for?" Blinx looks on impatiently.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 15, 2006, 04:08:59 pm
"How close is the signal? We need to find shelter from this weather!"

Axon asks Liszt.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 15, 2006, 04:12:13 pm
"Not much further. Only about a quater f a kilometer... i think"

Replies Liszt

"Lets press on"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 15, 2006, 04:18:58 pm
"Let me just ask this question?... Why the hell did you start this expedition without a simple light reconnaissance vessel?"

Axon says irritated while for 117´t time using his blades to cut of a vine trying to seize his throat.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 15, 2006, 05:02:35 pm
"Oh dear, every single creature's mouths are bigger than I am as a whole. I just hope we reach the signal before... before... I'm this planet's version of Omic."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 15, 2006, 11:43:10 pm
"Hah, you? The Ghulos is an Omic compared to some stuff here"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 16, 2006, 01:45:15 am
Blinx overhearing the conversation shouts over to them, "if the Ghulos is an Omic, then what am I? An ultra super mega Omic? And don't say a meal or anything similiar..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 16, 2006, 01:52:01 am
Nope, your a small pebble, that nothing really is going to bother eating
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 16, 2006, 01:44:50 pm
Nope, your a small pebble, that nothing really is going to bother eating

"Except an Omic."

Slack winks at the Ghulos ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 16, 2006, 01:56:57 pm
"Mister Slack. It seems even your wit has failed you at this point. Apart from the fact that you only seem to have one joke at your disposal. Please "stow it" I believe the expression is"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 16, 2006, 01:58:37 pm
"I may be a one trick pony, but it's still more than you'll ever have to offer ViS."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 16, 2006, 02:03:13 pm
"Oh, come now. In the last year Ive probably achieved more than you have in your entire life. I dont see any Galactic Excellence Awards on your record. In the last ten years Ive won four. I rediscovered an entire precursor civilisation and I was instrumental in finding a cure for Zesh fever. I beleive all youve done to date is negotiated a large arms deal with a militant Dhulam sect which led to the massacre of thousands of innocents."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 16, 2006, 02:08:19 pm
"Oh, come now. In the last year Ive probably achieved more than you have in your entire life. I dont see any Galactic Excellence Awards on your record. In the last ten years Ive won four. I rediscovered an entire precursor civilisation and I was instrumental in finding a cure for Zesh fever. I beleive all youve done to date is negotiated a large arms deal with a militant Dhulam sect which led to the massacre of thousands of innocents."

"No one is innocent. First rule of trade. We all have our darker side, and things we or our people have done that someone, somewhere, would deem "wrong" or "immoral" or "heartless." Even the ViS. To deny our inner evils and never face them is to deny ourselves completeness or peace of mind."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 16, 2006, 02:10:59 pm
"Oh, come now. In the last year Ive probably achieved more than you have in your entire life. I dont see any Galactic Excellence Awards on your record. In the last ten years Ive won four. I rediscovered an entire precursor civilisation and I was instrumental in finding a cure for Zesh fever. I beleive all youve done to date is negotiated a large arms deal with a militant Dhulam sect which led to the massacre of thousands of innocents."

"No one is innocent. First rule of trade. We all have our darker side, and things we or our people have done that someone, somewhere, would deem "wrong" or "immoral" or "heartless." Even the ViS. To deny our inner evils and never face them is to deny ourselves completeness or peace of mind."
"I see. Avoid the confrontation by spouting dime store philosophy. Very good. I was trained in the philosophy of over 600 species and cultures at Indigo university, only 9 of them justified the sale of deadly weapons for personal profit. I recall the species which held those philosophies were all wiped out in a series of brutal wars. Lets hope nothing happens to you Mister Slack."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 16, 2006, 02:14:40 pm
"Lets hope nothing happens to you either Mister Lizst."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 16, 2006, 03:17:40 pm
Axon shouts at Slack.

"I can assure you that NOTHING will happen to Mr, Lizst. Do you UNDERSTAND?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 16, 2006, 03:19:21 pm
"I'd rather have Lizst around than Slack as well, Liszt is rather civil. Plus, without him we'd be wandering around dumbfounded hoping that we stumble upon something. Atleast we have a lead. And I bet that scanner thingy will be able to tell us if there's traps or poison and whatnot." says Quasqado, trying his hardest not to sound like a suck-up.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 16, 2006, 03:28:20 pm
"Here we go, once again, sucking up to the ViS. Whatever. Lizst may be the guide, but I'd like to see him be of much use if we get into trouble, which he hasn't been so far. Thats why he needed to hire all of you strong guys. He's just as mortal as the rest of us, possibly even more so."

Slack re-adjusts his backpack. "Come on, lets get moving. The Kratok is right, it's about time we found shelter."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 16, 2006, 10:25:01 pm
"Yes, I do agree with Slack, if we continue on with this theres quite a chance that a giant lizard is going to come and step on us like gum. I also am about completly blind at the moment.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 17, 2006, 01:24:43 am
Pressing on, heading downhill now, the jungle seems to be getting thicker. The sun dipping lower and lower illuminates the pouring rain all the more; it seems there is no sign of it abating.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 17, 2006, 07:27:29 am
"If we don't do what Lizst says, I'm sure he'll have a discussion with his Institute of Whatever to dock our pay."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 18, 2006, 02:29:31 pm
Blinx starts to swing back and forth on Redbloods shoulder, "doo, de doo doo... Man this sucks!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 18, 2006, 02:32:22 pm
"If we don't do what Lizst says, I'm sure he'll have a discussion with his Institute of Whatever to dock our pay."

"Or worse"
says Liszt, darkly.

"Come on, not much further now!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 18, 2006, 02:40:11 pm
Blinx shudders, "ViS freak me out!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 18, 2006, 02:44:21 pm
"I agree wholeheartedly. Next thing you know, they might just do something crazy like attempt to take there whole species into subspace ::)"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 18, 2006, 02:49:27 pm
"What the hell is subspace?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 18, 2006, 02:58:45 pm
"Hahaha, ya, I can just picture HEIR saying "Hey, why don't we all just create a huge machine to suck us into an alternate dimention, cause this one sucks!" Haha, silly arrogant ViS."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 18, 2006, 03:16:54 pm
Quasqado follows Lizst, obviously the only one who actually follows orders. "Not to question your abilities, boss, but you should of, er, hired more polite workers."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 18, 2006, 03:27:26 pm
"Unfortunately I had to do all my recruiting in the seediest place in the quadrant"

"What the hell is subspace?"

"Its a dimension similar to the dimension X you send things to when your species uses those awful TDLRs"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 18, 2006, 03:28:04 pm
"What? I'm polite." Timesjai says turning to Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 18, 2006, 03:37:04 pm
"TDLRs are getting old fast... Besides who likes a gun that doesn't make any bloodshed? I used to use mine to erase trash in my apartment, thats it, besides your species got rid of most of them years ago."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 18, 2006, 03:48:25 pm
"Its a good thing too. Those things were playing hob with space and time. Theyre probably to balme for the galactic time incosistancies"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 18, 2006, 05:06:33 pm
"Lizst, when are we getting our rations? 'm getting hungry and I'm sure Blinx would feel better if everyone was well fed." asks Quasqado, scratching his belly.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 18, 2006, 09:49:59 pm
"We are surrounded with plant life. If your a carnivore, you should have picked up some of those lizards"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 19, 2006, 02:50:56 am
"We eat as soon as we find shelter. Unless you want your rations to dissolve in this rain of course"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 19, 2006, 02:52:42 am
Blinx groans, "food that dissolves in water is never good food!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 19, 2006, 03:02:06 am
Gaff calls out from the back, half-jokingly, "Good thing omics don't dissolve in water!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 19, 2006, 03:05:14 am
Blinx grunts and rolls her eyes, "Torpals..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 19, 2006, 08:19:03 am
"Well when the hell are we going to find shelter? If we don't find it soon I'm gonna make myself a cabin, and it'll be mine, and none of you will be allowed in cuz yer jerks." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 19, 2006, 01:06:45 pm
When Redblood was walking past a small tree Blinx reaches up and breaks off a leaf and a twig, she sticks the twig into the leaf and makes an umbrella. "brrrr, my jumpsuit is too thin, so cold..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 19, 2006, 01:08:17 pm
"Odd. To me it feels too warm... not much further I think"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 19, 2006, 01:10:33 pm
Redblood to Blinx: "Yes is starting to get cold but compared to Othyxir everthing is cold. Hay your pretty good at that. Where did you learn how to do that?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 19, 2006, 01:13:18 pm
"What, make an umbrella? That's common knowledge, and besides, even if I didn't know the Omic branch of the Endangered Species Protection Force would make sure I know, I believe they're the company that made my mech aswell."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 19, 2006, 01:14:52 pm
I don't mind either the tempature or the rain, so no complaints here.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 19, 2006, 01:17:00 pm
Redblood to Blinx: "Well it maybe common knowledge to you but i have never even see trees this close before. We do no have them on Othyxir or at least not we serfs."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 19, 2006, 01:17:49 pm
"I love the rain. Reminds me of home."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 19, 2006, 01:20:34 pm
Blinx to Redblood - "Never seen a tree before? On the space colony I grew up on we had a huge garden full of trees saved from Omix before the nova... Until the incident of course, now that colony, along with the trees, doesn't exist anymore..." Blinx twirls her umbrella in her tails, "but that's all history, it happened 20 years ago now."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 19, 2006, 01:25:31 pm
Redblood to Blinx: "Well there are some gardens but we serfs and slaves where never allowed to go there. But I'm curious. What happend 20 years ago?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 19, 2006, 01:28:47 pm
"Long story that I don't wanna tell, you can sorta guess what happened, it's the thing that brought me to Scion, fused me to my mech and killed everyone I know at the same time."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 19, 2006, 01:30:55 pm
Redblood to Blinx: "I'm sorry that you feel that way. I hope i did not upset you."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 20, 2006, 03:39:24 pm
"I'm not upset... Hey do you think we're at the bottom of the cliff yet?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 20, 2006, 03:41:25 pm
"I have no idea. Perhaps Mister Fiske can tell us... or failing that the god Daxx"

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 20, 2006, 04:12:54 pm
"I have no idea. Perhaps Mister Fiske can tell us... or failing that the god Daxx"

"Isn't Daxx the Icthian God of Bad Fortune? Smooth one there Liszt. I never understood this obsession so many species have with 'Gods' and 'Creators.' Gryfon have three sexes... if we had a God or two they must have been complete jerks, with a really cruel sense of humor."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 21, 2006, 02:39:08 am
"well, come to that neither have I. The idea of gods is powerfully unscientific. The Administration has made the decision to totally ignore all mention of gods in galactic diplomacy."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 21, 2006, 08:49:24 am
"Yeah yeah yeah, gods are all fine and dandy I suppose but you know what I'm really worried about? food."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 21, 2006, 10:06:30 am
"Well, I hope you like Soylent Green miss Blinx because thats pretty much all we have"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 21, 2006, 10:10:21 am
"What?!?! Oh great... We have to eat ViS! I'm starting to look good now..." Blinx kneels over and starts to knaw one of her tails. (:D)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 21, 2006, 10:11:57 am
"Omic, I'm strictly carnivourous! I'm almost positive I couldn't digest it. From what I understand, soylent green is algea grown from the liquefied remains of ViS. In tribal times, my species could take down animals 10 times our size, of course always in groups, so hunting is out of the question."

With that, Dr. Pzhystan bends down and begins eating 1/7 of a meter bugs.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 21, 2006, 10:15:26 am
Blinx stops knawing her tail and looks at Dr. Pzhystan, "you got any painkillers?" coz if you do gimme some and help pull my tail off."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 21, 2006, 10:17:48 am
"Why do you try to gnaw of your tail?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 21, 2006, 10:18:55 am
"I'm so hungry!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 21, 2006, 10:21:32 am
"Nope, I used all the painkillers when I took you out of your suit," says Pzhystan, still feasting on grub. "But hey, you're small, why don't you join me?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 21, 2006, 10:24:17 am
Redblood to Blinx: "So what do you eat then? I would guess you do not survive on eating your own tail."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 21, 2006, 01:15:43 pm
"I eat normal, cooked food, not bugs or soylent green! And seeing as all Torpals say Omic is a nice thing to eat, for the first time in my life I'm gonna have to trust them."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 21, 2006, 01:33:52 pm
"Please Miss Blinx, no need to resort to mutilating yourself... I think I may have a packet of complimentary crackers froma hotel I spent the night in on the way to Scion"

Liszt roots around in his briefcase and emerges with a small plastic wrapped rectangle bearing alien writing and a picture of a smiling Torpal holding a cracker and winking.

"Here you are Miss Blinx... I believe I also have a mint flavoured rectangle of compressed reptile vomit if you'd like desert. Although i'd imagine youre too picky to enjoy it"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 21, 2006, 01:36:31 pm
"Anything is better than eating bugs, I'm sure I could save my limbs for later..." Blinx says, snatching the crackers, she greedily eats them.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 21, 2006, 01:39:45 pm
Redblood: "I'm not that picky. I eat what i can get."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 21, 2006, 01:52:38 pm
Blinx finishes one of the crackers and looks at the wrapper, "that Torpal is so goofy looking!" she says laughing, then looks at Redblood holding up the crackers, "you want the rest of these? I'm full."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 21, 2006, 02:02:06 pm
Redblood: "Sure!"

Redblood quickly eat the rest of the crackers.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 21, 2006, 02:03:31 pm
Blinx looks a little surprised, and flinches seeing Redbloods big teeth. Then laughs, "wow big guy, you sure do like your crackers!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 21, 2006, 02:18:29 pm
Redblood: "Compared to the food i got on Othyxir there taste wounderfull"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 21, 2006, 04:22:12 pm
"Sheesh Redblood, your past must have been terrible!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 21, 2006, 04:25:54 pm
"Indeed it was. The AEthiran did great things for the Gryfon and provided valuable aid along with the ViS in the Necrid Discord. But their planet and way of life is troubled. Every Gryfon learns about it in school, as part of the manditory 'Interstellar Interactions' course."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 21, 2006, 04:30:19 pm
"Omic don't have interstellar interactions class thanks to most races, now it's how to operate A-class weaponry class..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 21, 2006, 06:19:26 pm
"Mr. Lizst, may I request permission to eat any organism I take down? Of course, I request that you check it for poison first." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 21, 2006, 06:23:00 pm
"I'm with Quas. I'll eat almost anything. I'm no use if I'm not well-fed enough to bounce."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 22, 2006, 07:02:49 am
Axon is finally regaining his strength and looks rejuvenated by the prospect of some action.

"We COULD go hunting, but there is a risk!

The ecosystem on this planet is very simple: EAT, so everything we hunt is sure to already being hunted. We risk putting ourself into the food chain!

So far most of the predators have ignored us, thats the reason we are not being attacked every minute, that could change very quickly!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 22, 2006, 08:22:11 am
"No. No hunting. We have food. Every single one of you is capable of digesting the food we brought with us safely. We arent going to waste time slaughtering some possibly poisonous monster just so you can satisfy your blood lust"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 22, 2006, 09:32:19 am
Hearing Liszt's declaration, Gaff simply lets out a loud groan.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 22, 2006, 09:37:16 am
"Torpals right for once!" Blinx says loudly, "I am not eating rations! Besides, the Kratok probably knows whats edible!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 22, 2006, 09:38:31 am
"What if we're attacked and I kill it in self defense? I mean, it's not like I'll waste any time cooking it. And if it's poisonous, I'm sure it'll be less harmful than what soylent green does to my bowels. The stench would attract every beast in this hemisphere." says Quasqado, trying to have an excuse.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 22, 2006, 09:43:21 am
Blinx shudders, "soylent green is ViS food..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 22, 2006, 10:33:14 am
"I dont care. There is to be no hunting. If something attacks us and proves to be edible we may eat it. However, if you were to 'accidentally' provoke an animal I'm afraid I would have to destroy the corpse... I hope I make myself clear.
Mr Fiske, how much further do you think?" (hint, hint)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 22, 2006, 10:37:30 am
"I didn't mean I was gonna purposely piss off an animal. I mean, most of the species here seem to be incredibly violent as is."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 22, 2006, 11:33:11 am
"I thought you ViS were the model of efficiency. How would burning a corpse promote this journey at all? It just encourages mutiny."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 22, 2006, 01:04:53 pm
"Listen to the ViS. If we burn the corpse it is less likely that predators will be drawn to us!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 22, 2006, 01:09:37 pm
Blinx looks up, "hey! What if there is some sort of tribal civilisation here? Perhaps we could steal their food!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 22, 2006, 01:11:17 pm
"There is no civlisation of that level. Scans would have revealed tell-tale signs. Either there is no civilisation left or theyre hiding behind technology"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 22, 2006, 01:15:59 pm
"Or there is no civilization left, but their technology is hiding what remains."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 01:27:59 pm
"Touché."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 22, 2006, 01:33:18 pm
"Ugh, I think I left some cheese in my jumpsuit pocket!" Blinx fishes out a revolting piece of cheese and holds it up, "who's hungry?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 01:36:09 pm
"After watching videos of exploding Necromonicon in school I vowed never to eat cheese again... just in case."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 22, 2006, 01:39:44 pm
"Whats a necromonicon anyway? I've heard it mentioned before..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 22, 2006, 01:44:14 pm
Liszt presses another button onhis multiscanner

"The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy has this to say regarding the Necromonicon: Some time ago, a species know as the Necromonicon appeared in the inhabited regions of space. They were vicious, gluttonous, rapidly multiplying, power hungry fanatical genocidal maniacs with rock hard carapaces and scythes for hands. Needless to say there was a war in which many many people died, but eventually the Necromonicon were vanquished and everyone celebrated and was happy.
The Necromonicon are now extinct due to their extreme lactose intolerance."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 22, 2006, 01:50:12 pm
"Huh! Ancient history now I suppose."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 22, 2006, 02:31:20 pm
Ic-Fiske slid down the increasingly muddy slope after them.

"Apologies everyone, I found an interesting leaf some way back, I stopped to examine it." Walking past the blank stares of the others, he shouted over the sound of the rain, "Come on, we can't be far from those emissions now!"

As he spoke, the feet of his exosuit lost purchase in the mud and he slid and tumbled downhill. There was a scream and then a loud splash. From the distance: "Ah, here's that river. I think it's the same one as earlier. Can anyone give me a hand? This suit doesn't float too well."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 22, 2006, 02:45:05 pm
Pzhystan hovers down to the river and snags the suit with his prosthetic hand while holding on to a tree with one of the others. However, he can not lift him all the way up. He merely prevents the Icthian from being taken by the current.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 03:07:33 pm
"Oh for omics sake, not again. How many of you are going to fall down a chasm or into a river before this trip is over?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 22, 2006, 03:11:33 pm
"Thank you, Pzhystan. Mr Slack, I have hardly fallen in," came his voice. "The river isn't very deep near this bank, but I'd still like some help climbing out. How about you do the honours?" He paused. "I almost feel like a swim, but the gods know what parasites are in this water."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 22, 2006, 03:20:28 pm
Blinx looks at Slack angrily, "WOULD YOU STOP USING OMIC AS A SWEAR!!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 03:24:17 pm
Slack looks at Blinx with a "No."

He looks back at Fisk.

"Sigh, do I have to do everything around here?"

Slack bounces down to the river, and closes all but his middle eye. He looks at the water, then bends down and takes a taste. He sloshes it around in his beak, then spits it out."

"I'd advise against swimming here. The water doesn't taste very pure. There's probally no exceptionally harmful bacteria, we've all had out multi-shots, but over by that log theres a heat signature I don't trust, and there are some shrimp like lifeforms that may or may not be offspring, in which case their mother may not be happy if we invade their territory."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 22, 2006, 03:26:47 pm
Blinx lobs her rank cheese at Slack, aiming for his eye.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 03:32:00 pm
Slack dodges, and the cheese lands in the river with a "plop!"

"Stupid Omic! You could have blinded me! If we ever get out of this I'll..."

Suddenly, Slack stops, as he notices the shrimp crowding around the peice of cheese like pirannha. It's all gone in a second, and the swarm of shrimp start swimming towards the shore.

"What the Omic?" Slack says.

Seemingly out of nowhere more of the shrimp appear, and the vibrant red mass starts crawling up on land toward the group.

"Oh this can not be good... Omic!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 22, 2006, 03:34:59 pm
"What the hell is that... And how could it eat that cheese!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 03:38:59 pm
The cloud of little red shrimp begins to rise up and take the form a writhing tenticled beast.

"... and this is when we go back to running."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 22, 2006, 04:12:21 pm
Liszt pulls out his scanner and sweeps Slack.

"youre right Mister Slack, its not very pure... and now youre swarming with pathogens... pathogens unknown to medical science. Dear me, what are we to do with you?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 04:26:58 pm
The shrimp-creature rears up to attack, then stops. It lets out a large plume of gas that smells like rotting cheese, then slithers away quickly from the group into the forest

"... wow, that must have been some really bad cheese."

"And you know as well as I do Liszt, Gryfon have a superb immune system. I'll be fine...*Achoo!*... in a while."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 22, 2006, 04:28:02 pm
"I think immune systems generally need to be primed to fight specific infections. Unless youve been here before I cant say much for your chances"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 04:31:17 pm
"You haven't been here either, none of us has. Technically all of us should be dead by now by the foreign bacteria in the air. But if our multi-shots can handle the stuff in the air they should be able to handle the stuff in the water, especially since most of the "urine" that we various species excrete is mildly acidic, killing any bacteria we find."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 22, 2006, 04:35:34 pm
"oh, I'm sorry Mister Slack. I didnt realise you had a degree in Microbiology as well"
said Liszt derisively
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 04:37:44 pm
"oh, I'm sorry Mister Slack. I didnt realise you had a degree in Microbiology as well"
said Liszt derisively

"Microbiology, Xenobiology, Kinesiology, Quantum Physics, Astrophysics, and Chemistry. As a trader it pays to know everything about everything."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 22, 2006, 04:40:15 pm
"If you would stop bickering please? My tentacles can feel something downstream and it's coming closer."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 22, 2006, 04:40:38 pm
"Can you people please stop fighting? We were just farted on by a colonial organism, I'd rather leave before my lungs collapse from the stench."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 04:42:04 pm
"Hold on... the heat signature I picked up from that log is gone. But it didn't leave because of the shrimp... here we go again. Whatever is comming is probably drawn but that very stench."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 22, 2006, 04:46:01 pm
"oh, I'm sorry Mister Slack. I didnt realise you had a degree in Microbiology as well"
said Liszt derisively

"Microbiology, Xenobiology, Kinesiology, Quantum Physics, Astrophysics, and Chemistry. As a trader it pays to know everything about everything."
"Maybe so, but I dont believe gangsters need to know much other than how to use a Plasma Thompson"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 04:50:55 pm
"oh, I'm sorry Mister Slack. I didnt realise you had a degree in Microbiology as well"
said Liszt derisively

"Microbiology, Xenobiology, Kinesiology, Quantum Physics, Astrophysics, and Chemistry. As a trader it pays to know everything about everything."
"Maybe so, but I dont believe gangsters need to know much other than how to use a Plasma Thompson"

"I'm not a gangster, I'm a businessman. And I no longer have my Plasma gun, which means right now I need to use all my brains to get off this damn planet and away from whatever is approching us from the river."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 22, 2006, 04:51:51 pm
"I know a little how to handle Plasma Guns. The Knight show me how to use them and gave me 4 plasmarail pistols to protect me from technomancers but one day i was ambushed and my guns destroyed. It was not long before i joined you group Liszt."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 22, 2006, 04:53:27 pm
"I can't fire a gun. That makes me useless, right?" mumbles Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 04:55:16 pm
"...one day i was ambushed and my guns destroyed."

"I feel your pain at the loss of your weapons my shadowy friend."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 22, 2006, 04:57:31 pm
"I still have weapons my Friend" Said Redblood and looked at his claws.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 22, 2006, 04:59:08 pm
"I still have weapons my Friend" Said Redblood and looked at his claws.

"Indeed you do! Haha."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 12:34:51 am
Blinx looks at Slack quite annoyed, "so you lost a gun! Big woop! I lost a 2 metre tall mech and a lot of other beings here now plan on eating me! Plus that mech cost more than you'd make in a year!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 12:38:01 am
"My gun cost twice as much as your mech. Yours was mass produced. Mine was custom."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 12:43:39 am
"What makes you think it was mass produced? That was a T-10000 mech suit! There ain't a lot of those! Besides, now my life is at stake and all you've lost is the ability to shoot stuff!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 12:47:08 am
"You forget that I'm only a hair taller than Liszt, and he's not much bigger than you. My lack of ability to do anything but shock an attacker and hope they become comatose isn't comforting."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 12:49:54 am
"Well my only abilities right now are to sit on Redbloods shoulder!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 12:52:53 am
"I'd rather be up there protected by a hulking mass of living armor than down here on the ground ready to be picked off by one of those catodile."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 12:56:33 am
"I won't be up here forever!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 12:57:53 am
"Thats your deathwish, not mine. If I were you, I'd be holding onto that AEthiran for dear life."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 01:02:39 am
"I don't care, I have nothing to return too, staying alive is just a nice bonus."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 23, 2006, 02:29:05 am
Despairing of the arguing, Kal decided that it might be better to try to climb the bank himself. After much scrabbling which left deep scored marks in the mud of the bank the dripping exo-suit clambered out of the water.

Lightning struck overhead. Darkness had almost totally fallen now, and though the rain continued tiny gaps in the clouds were starting to form through which stars could be seen.

The sounds of thunder dying away, there was a washing rippling sound as of water breaking. Out in the far side of the river, the surface undulated where it had not done before, and the undulations progressed almost unnaturally upstream.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 23, 2006, 02:39:10 am
Liszt's scanner suddenly sprung to life and started to emit strange beeping noises
"Whats going on now?..."

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 23, 2006, 02:46:42 am
The water breaks, and before anyone can react a huge shape rises from the depths of the water with great speed and lunges towards the bank. Huge limbs rip into the bank, and smack Kal, Liszt and Slack out of the way before a gaping maw locks itself onto Quasqado and the whole creature pulls itself back into the river. With barely enough time to get a glimpse of the creature, it slides back into the murk with Quasqado in its jaws.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 23, 2006, 02:51:14 am
"Oh gods! Someone save him from that thing. Blinx, get off Redblood so he can help!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 02:53:01 am
"I suppose I no longer owe Quasqado then" Blinx smirks and slides off Redblood.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 23, 2006, 03:21:49 am
Redblood tries to save Quasqado readying his 4 machetes for combat: "Die beast!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 23, 2006, 04:34:15 am
Axon goes over to Redbloods side, arm-blades and razor-tail ready!

"What do you say... You go from the left, I go from the right?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 23, 2006, 04:41:58 am
"I agree" Said Redblood a little nervously trying to to look to mush at Axon
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 23, 2006, 04:42:14 am
The beast slides almost out of sight back into the river taking the struggling Quasquado with it.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 23, 2006, 04:48:05 am
Without thinking Axon jumps into the water after the creature.

"Come here you Necrid piece of C#¤&¤"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 23, 2006, 04:56:00 am
Redblood also jumps in to the water but he is not that used to swimming.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 08:50:26 am
Blinx sits back and watches Redblood and Axon, "now this, is entertainment!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 23, 2006, 09:58:10 am
Quasqado roars in pain as he is snatched by the maw of the great beast. He swipes at the creatures side with his claws, and kicks at the roof of it's mouth in an attempt to get free.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 10:33:30 am
"Oooh! I bet that he gets out, but dies of internal bleeding later, whos with me?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 23, 2006, 10:46:22 am
"Such Comment are Not nessacary, Blinx." Tsem pipes up.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 10:52:24 am
Blinx sighs and lies back under a tree twirling her umbrella, "I'm soooo bored!" she says as a huge creature attacks fellow adventurers ahead of her. (:D)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 01:07:44 pm
Slack only now wakes up, having been knocked unconcious (again) by the beast.

"What the... OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!"

He gets up and glares at the creature. He pulls out Axon's Paralyser gun, and readies to jump into the fray... but then realizes it's useless because if he shocks the creature everyone on it will get shocked, and it may be better to save is strength for now. So, he walks over to Blinx, plops down beside her, and says, "pass some popcorn."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 01:09:06 pm
"I don't got any... But I will bet! How much you got?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 01:12:04 pm
"If they win, you live. If they lose, I'll eat you. That's the bet. Start cheering."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 01:13:20 pm
"You know Slack, you are a very nice generous person." Blinx says sarcastically.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 23, 2006, 01:16:43 pm
Quasqado plans on crushing Blinx underfoot and punting Slack as far as possible if he still has legs after this situation.He continues screaming expletives as he attempts to escape, scratching and kicking.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 23, 2006, 01:22:41 pm
"If they win, you live. If they lose, I'll eat you. That's the bet. Start cheering."

"Hey, don't forget about me!" Gaff calls out.

He turns back to watch the battle, cursing to himself. Zesh damnit! If there wasn't the chance of accidentally hitting anyone, I'd be able to take a shot at that thing!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 01:24:07 pm
Blinx rolls her eyes, "oh for hidrics sake! He is gonna be eaten once and we all have to hear about it! I almost get eaten three times a day and do I complain? I think not!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 01:30:44 pm
"You whine like a kratok in heat. That's why we keep harrassing you."

Slack looks at the paralyzer gun and his whip and tries to think of some way to use them.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 01:36:27 pm
"Why don't you climb into the tree? You'll be higher and have a better aim. Plus you and the sight of your face will leave me alone."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 01:38:17 pm
"I can't shoot the gun while everyone is touching the beast, the pulse will shock them all, and I doubt they'd be happy when they woke up."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 01:40:49 pm
"Better than them all being dead!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 01:43:12 pm
"... Meh."

Slack climbs the tree and aims the gun, then yells "You guys have 5 seconds to get off the creature before I test if this gun has any effect! If you're still hugging it when I fire it's not my fault!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 01:46:44 pm
Blinx smiles to herself, "so manipulative. Looks like I win the bet!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 01:49:09 pm
"You only win if it works. If not, I have plenty of tartar sauce for Gaff and myself to enjoy a nice Omic appetizer."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 23, 2006, 01:51:27 pm
Liszt pulls out his scanner and feverishly tries to take readings from the creature...

"Apperently its weak point is... please wait, processing. Hells!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 01:55:21 pm
"Dammit ViS! Give me a target!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 23, 2006, 01:57:28 pm
"While you wait, would you like to register with Halcyon Technologies inc?"

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 02:03:36 pm
"While you wait, would you like to register with Halcyon Technologies inc?"

"What!? This isn't the time for that Liszt!"

Slack pauses, then says:

"... how's the dental plan?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 02:08:45 pm
"Slack you have a beak!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 23, 2006, 02:11:48 pm
"I'm not seriously suggesting it! Trust the scanner to start playing up now!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 02:13:22 pm
"Slack you have a beak!"

Slack grins to show a healthy set of teeth.

"I'm a mammal with a beak, not a bird."

To Liszt: "You're useless. I'm taking a shot!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 23, 2006, 02:14:47 pm
"Damn it just give us something to aim for!" Shouts Axon from the water where both Redblood and him are trying to advance on the beast, this is difficult because of tree things:

1. There is a current.
2. Redblood apparently don't swim to good.
3. There is a FREAKING MONSTER in the water!

"Come on Gaff,don't let us have all the fun, join us!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 23, 2006, 02:18:49 pm
"Well, I didn't want to hit any of you" Gaff calls out to Axon, "But if you're fine with it..." Gaff begins walking towards the river bank, charging his shoulder cannons.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 02:19:44 pm
"Screw this."

Slack takes a shot, it misses the creature entirely.

"What the... Axon you twit! Your gun is off center! Now I have to realign it! It's going to take me 10 minutes!"

Well so much for that plan.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 02:22:30 pm
"Damn! Now there's a small chance I might be eaten!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 23, 2006, 02:25:12 pm
"Ah thats stupid, give me his gun you dolt"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 02:30:10 pm
"Even with my incredible targeting abilities I can't use an unaligned energy gun. The shot could go anywhere. If you think you can fix it faster go ahead."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 23, 2006, 02:34:31 pm
"Thanks" Zhix grabs the gun, then shoots randomly at the beast. Mostly just shooting in the normal area.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 02:42:00 pm
"Oh well, if he hits someone, its not my fault."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 02:42:36 pm
"You know I am a mechanic!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 02:43:49 pm
"We also know you couldn't even figure out how to stop your suit from shutting down everytime you got injured."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 02:47:12 pm
"How is that my fault? I was inside it at the time and I'm not sureI have been puked on before!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 23, 2006, 02:47:31 pm
Gaff aims at the beast, careful not to hit Acon or Redblood, and sends a volley of laser blasts into the water at the beast...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 02:54:36 pm
Blinx looks at Gaff, "finally someone reacts sensibly!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 23, 2006, 03:15:32 pm
Axon gets closer to the creature, trying to get a punch at it, however is is hard to gain enough momentum on his thrusts.

"Slack don't fire that thing in my direction, its Ionic. If you hit me ill die in an instant!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 23, 2006, 03:17:18 pm
"Its never wise to carry a weapon that you arent resistant to. Hence my total lack of any weapons at all"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 23, 2006, 03:18:46 pm
Redblood try to strike the creature with his blades and tail.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on July 23, 2006, 03:31:08 pm
Axon tries the exact same thing
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 03:32:58 pm
"This is becoming increasingly entertaining..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 23, 2006, 03:48:44 pm
Gaff fires a few more shots, unsure if they're having any effect...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 04:03:35 pm
Blinx sighs "I am starting to wish I did have popcorn..." Then continues to watch Slack.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 23, 2006, 04:06:07 pm
"Why are looking at me? I can't do **** until the kratok gives up shooting and lets me fix the gun."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 23, 2006, 04:08:26 pm
"Oh it's just entertainment... Maybe I'll watch Gaff now." Blinx turns attention to the Torpal.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 23, 2006, 07:56:12 pm
Pzhystan looks up at the seen of mayhem. He powers up some of the hydraulics on the wings, designed for extra agility.

"Been waiting to put these to use."

He jumps in the air and switches his prosthetic to laser. He begins taking small incisions at the creature while evading the limbs. This does not manage to kill the creature just yet, but just enough to keep it annoyed and loosen its death grip.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 24, 2006, 12:43:45 am
Blinx looks up from her umbrella impatiently, "come on... come on... What is taking that Ghulos so long!?!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 24, 2006, 01:25:04 pm
"Im not giving you this gun either since it could kill Axon"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 24, 2006, 01:47:17 pm
Blinx yawns and turns over "wake me when they kill the damn thing."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 24, 2006, 02:25:52 pm
"Once again you're all acting retarded. Does anybody have a grenade? I'll shove it down the things throat myself!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 24, 2006, 02:32:36 pm
Quasquado is about to be eaten anyway, better to loose one than have the creature kill us all. And anyway, if we get the creature to swallow the grenade, the explosion won't hurt him as much.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 24, 2006, 02:38:02 pm
I suggest we delete these last few posts so Daxx doesn't get angry. Do you agree?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 24, 2006, 02:53:42 pm
Blinx turns back over, "I can't sleep with this racket!" She picks up two sticks and begins to sharpen one.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 24, 2006, 03:18:53 pm
Ihoped that they could take care of it but.... (Thought)
Do I need to jump in there and do this myself? (Talk)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 24, 2006, 04:00:06 pm
"Nah, just sit down and enjoy the show" Blinx says, gesturing to Timesjai.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 24, 2006, 05:47:26 pm
Its been getting boring, if I wanted to see a bunch of enraged monsters, I'd go to the Scion Colosseum.
(I'm making it soon.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 02:27:56 am
"Whatever..." Blinx starts to pull down leaves and twigs and begins to construct something.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 25, 2006, 02:28:13 am
Unfortunately, with the beast swimming off downstream it is very difficult to see where it has gone and no-one who has jumped in the water can really get close to it. The shots miss wildly.

Listz's multiscanner finally comes up with detail: <<No Specific Species Information Found. Advise Targeting Eyes And Underbelly.>>
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 25, 2006, 02:33:14 am
"Oh thank you wise and OBVIOUS scanner. Kratok, give me that gun, I have an idea."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 25, 2006, 02:35:05 am
"Hey! Its never been this unhelpful before! Stupid machine, target the eyes? You arent worth youre made out of! I think we should run after the monster now!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 02:38:39 am
"Don't mind me then!" Blinx finishes her tiny hammock and jumps on to it, "I'll still be here when you get back..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 25, 2006, 08:02:12 am
As the creature tires to swim away Redblood tries to use his blades to hock on to the creature.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 25, 2006, 08:05:26 am
Redblade just managed it, but it was all he could do to hold on whilst being swept along at high speed underwater.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 25, 2006, 08:35:29 am
"Eyes eh?"
With his laser, Pzhystan aims for the beast's eyes. He nearly hits them, before the beast throws him into the air.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 25, 2006, 08:41:18 am
Hovering out over the water and wondering where the creature had swum to, Pzhystan looked rather puzzled as appeared to fiddle with his laser. Meanwhile, the creature had swum upstream.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 25, 2006, 08:42:15 am
"Did any one see where the thing went? Slack? Blinx? Anyone?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 10:31:46 am
Blinx looks up when she hears her name, "wha...? Oh, sorry no, I wasn't paying attention..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 10:44:09 am
Quasqado, in a moment of desperation, slips one of his arms into the creatures maw, and because slashing wildly at the roof of it's mouth.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 25, 2006, 10:47:32 am
Enraged, the creature clamps down with its massive jaws severing Quasqado's arm before dropping him, leaving him floating in the river. It swims off further downstream with Redblood on its back.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 25, 2006, 10:51:19 am
Gaff begins running alongside the stream, firing more shots, trying to hit the beast.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 10:51:32 am
Quasqado yelps in agony, clutching his severed stump. He hopes for compensation for this. He manages crawl back up on the bank, before hobbling downstream yelling for the others to follow.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 25, 2006, 10:51:54 am
Pzhystan sniffs blood upstream. He sees the poor Ghulos floating aimlessly. He puts his wings in overdrive and begins floating him toward the shore.

He yells out, "Everyone! The beast is heading upstream with redblood on its back! Meanwhile, we've got Quaqado here with a severed arm! If you can, run toward the ship for some medical supplies, I'll do what I can."

Pzhystan immediately begins disenfecting the wound and treating it. "Are you OK?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 25, 2006, 10:53:22 am
Redblood a little count up in the moment tries to still hold on to the creature. He tries to slash it with the blades trying to find a soft spot.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 10:53:40 am
"My ****in' arm is off, you idiot. Of course I'm not okay." screams Quasqado as thick, black blood oozes from his arm and from teeth marks on his waist.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 25, 2006, 10:56:11 am
"Oh, well then thats good." Pzhystan says in all honesty.

His laser cuts off the dead tissue and then switches modes to a sort of instant heat pad.

"This might hurt a tad, but the extreme heat will seal off all the blood vessels."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 10:56:24 am
Blinx wakes up hearing Pzhystan, "oh great, another person lost something of value, I am starting to look forward to that big paycheck or some kind of treasure." Then shouts, "hey! whoever's going to get medical supplies fetch me some painkillers okay???"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 25, 2006, 11:01:35 am
Redblood is finally thrown off some way far downstream and righted himself, swimming clumsily to the surface. Looking around in the gathering gloom, he found himself in a colossal lake of water, surrounded by jungle and with a small island in the middle. Behind him is the river by which he entered, which is emptying its contents into the lake.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 11:02:16 am
Quasqado, who's body is being pumped with massive amounts of adrenaline and natural painkillers, winces as his limb is cauterized. His good eye, which is normally a bright yellow, appears to be taking on an orange hue. When Phyzstan is done, he mutters a "Thank you" before taking off down the bank after the creature and Redblood.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 25, 2006, 11:12:37 am
Meanwhile Pzhystan hovers over to the sleeping Omic.

"You piece of Omic. Can't even help  those who are in need?"

With that he flips to his laser and writes the universal "P" on the Omic's chest. Not enough to hurt her, but enough to fuse the hairs and form a distinctive line.

He then follows the Ghulos, on the scent of his burn.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 25, 2006, 11:14:16 am
Redblood tries to calm down a bit and the make sure i have all his blades with him. Redblood screams out to the rest of the group: "I'm over here! I'm OK!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 11:16:19 am
OOC - @ stuckin2004 - You said him, Blinx is a her.

Blinx gets up and hearing Phyztan shouts, "hey! What was I supposed to do? Stand around and watch? Get myself eaten?"

Blinx hears Redblood "wow, he sounds a long way away!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 25, 2006, 11:20:25 am
Liszt activates the multiscanner's inbuilt megaphone

"Everyone join me here NOW please!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 11:24:02 am
Quasqado shuffles over to Lizst, as he is the boss. "Will the Occam institute pay for my medical expenses?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 25, 2006, 11:24:42 am
The group could barely hear Redblood's screams, the rain and the distance all but muffling them.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 25, 2006, 11:27:31 am
Pzhystan floats over  to Liszt.

"Will I get a raise?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 11:29:35 am
"Hey Pzhystan! How do I get this damn P off me???" Blinx pulls her jumpsuit up over the P.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 25, 2006, 11:42:37 am
"Follow the Righteous Path or something, I don't know. Shave it off and it will be gone."

Said Pzhystan, avoiding the Omic's gaze.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 11:50:27 am
Blinx turns away frustrated mumbling cuss words and sits down again, returning to sharpening the stick.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 25, 2006, 11:53:12 am
Sitting down and concentrating on the stick, Blinx thought she saw something moving in the bushes out of the corner of her eye; when she looked, it was gone.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 25, 2006, 11:56:42 am
Redblood stays at his spot being unable to hear Liszt call. "Well i guess they will come soon enough. I wounder what is on that island" said redblood to himself and try to see if he can spot anything on the island.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 25, 2006, 11:58:34 am
"Are we all here? Except Redblood of course, I'm picking up an Aetherian signal downstream, we should go after him"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 25, 2006, 11:59:44 am
Treading water, Redblood can see only more thick jungle on the island. Though was that ruffling of bushes due to the wind or something else?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 25, 2006, 12:00:20 pm
"Tally Ho! I've been picking up his strange implants on my own scanner also. Let's hope Aetherians can survive cold water."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 12:11:32 pm
Blinx stares for a second and shrugs, then shifts away from where she saw the movement,
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 25, 2006, 01:43:31 pm
"We're all here!" Gaff calls from the back. "Now what do you want?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 25, 2006, 01:44:28 pm
Blinx runs into Slack. He leans down and whispers:

"Well my furry little friend, it appears we're all still alive. However, Quas is missing an arm... which according to our deal means I get to slurp down one of your tails like a noodle..."

He then stands up.

"...But not right now. My advice: Don't ever be alone."

He then walks toward the group, leaving the Omic in shock.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 01:51:32 pm
Blinx mutters, "and THIS is why I need painkillers! Still, a bet's a bet..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 01:58:11 pm
Quas waves his stump around, "Seriously, is the institute gonna pay for a replacement, Lizst? I'm not gonna threaten you or anything cuz I know you ViS don't care if an individual dies."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 02:01:46 pm
"Not only do they not care, they kill their elders for food." Blinx adds to Quas' statement.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 02:12:29 pm
"Watch your tongue, rat. I could still crush you. My kind eats our fallen too, and if yer gonna start mocking my culture, I'm gonna start digesting your worthless sack of flesh and organs you call a body." says Quasqado, "Also, I think I have to repay you for your comments when I was being eaten, you little piece of ****." He bends down, and with his good hand, flicks Blinx with a single finger.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 25, 2006, 02:16:06 pm
"Yes, of course Mister Quasquado. If we get back you will recieve the finest prosthetic money can buy free of charge."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 02:18:16 pm
Blinx gets a small bruise on her side and starts to rub it, grinding her teeth angrily, "and naturally the Gryfon gets off scot-free." She mutters.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 02:21:55 pm
"The gryfon actually helped on this mission with his whip. And Mr. Lizst, if you and the institute don't mind, can I get a replacement arm grown? I've been reading about a wonderful cloning treatmeant those tentacle-faced sluggish guys have made. You know, the ones with the arms stickin' out their chest?" says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 25, 2006, 02:25:30 pm
Gaff eventually reaches the bank, alone and soaking wet from the rain. He almost falls in the water, but stops himself in time. Redblood is a long way out, but is just about visible as he tries to keep above water.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 02:29:09 pm
Blinx seethes and walks to the back of the group.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 25, 2006, 02:34:21 pm
"The gryfon actually helped on this mission with his whip. And Mr. Lizst, if you and the institute don't mind, can I get a replacement arm grown? I've been reading about a wonderful cloning treatmeant those tentacle-faced sluggish guys have made. You know, the ones with the arms stickin' out their chest?" says Quasqado.
"Of course, if you wish. Although most people prefer prosthetics these days"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 25, 2006, 02:47:04 pm
Slack chuckles.

"If they can grow him a new arm, you think they can grow Blinx half a brain?"

He then glares at Zhix.

"And I would have helped more if that bloody Kratok had given me back the gun so I could fix it, and Liszt's scanner wasn't a peice of junk."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 25, 2006, 02:51:07 pm
"it usually works, I think it might be recieveing interference from local sources"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 03:02:30 pm
"I'm not an idiot you know. I have a degree in xeno biology."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 25, 2006, 03:10:38 pm
"I'm not an idiot you know. I have a degree in xeno biology."

"What's your specialty? The digestive system?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 03:17:45 pm
"Major arteries and where to find them actually."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 25, 2006, 03:22:02 pm
"Well I guess it's a good thing I don't have any major arteries, only billions of capillaries."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 25, 2006, 03:40:22 pm
"I wasint going to give you your weapon because you would have killed my partner." Zhix bends his leg to pick up Blinx, switching between two and placing Blink on his head "Get coumfy, If you stay on the ground long enough you might get picked up by a bird or instect"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 25, 2006, 03:57:04 pm
"Wow, their must be some pretty big insects here!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 25, 2006, 03:58:47 pm
"Wow, their must be some pretty big insects here!"

"If there weren't before, there sure is now," Slack says, looking at Xulkmeto the Xometrian.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 25, 2006, 04:55:11 pm
Gaff eventually reaches the bank, alone and soaking wet from the rain. He almost falls in the water, but stops himself in time. Redblood is a long way out, but is just about visible as he tries to keep above water.

Gaff mumbles to himself, "That ViS is useless..." Looking into the water, he calls out to Redblood, "Hold on, I'm gonna try and help you!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 25, 2006, 05:00:11 pm
Redblood decides to try to swim to Gaff. "Don't worry. I think i can manage" Redblood yells back.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 25, 2006, 05:05:00 pm
"Well, just make sure you don't tire out!" Gaff calls out, laughing. He turns to a nearby tree, shooting a large branch off. He pushes the branch over to the water, making sure to keep hold of one end. As he pushes the end of the branch into the water, he digs his claws into the dirt, and waits for Redblood to reach it. "C'mon, you're getting closer, soon I can pull you out."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 25, 2006, 05:07:43 pm
Swimming towards the sound of the Torpal's voice and the gloomy starlit shapes, Redblood finally reaches the bank and is able to pull himself out.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 25, 2006, 06:51:47 pm
"I vote we stop running into giant monsters for awhile. Who's with me?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 07:46:33 pm
"Shutup Slack. You haven't even been attacked, you just sat on yer ass out of danger's way. Next time a giant monster comes, I'm punting you down it's throat. Yer chewy, right? You might distract it long enough." says Quasqado, bitterly.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 25, 2006, 07:49:09 pm
"I'm with you. Laziness is the plague of the nth century."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 25, 2006, 07:54:29 pm
Zhix asks "say, Quasado, would you like a ride since your the damaged one of the group? I wouldint mind carrying some real weight."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 25, 2006, 08:01:34 pm
"Pardon me, but I HAVE been trying to help. I'm not strong like you guys, I can't take on a monster with my bare hands. Neither can Liszt or Blinx now that she's suitless. But I did offer suggestions on how to get Redblood up the cliff, and used my whip, and I did help blast away that monster on the log, and I tried to help fight this last beast if Zhix had let me just fix the frelling gun, so frell the lot of you, I've done a helluva sight more than you give me credit for. I'm also the only one who seems to care about us getting back on track and completing this mission; more than once I've even gone off on my own and found interesting information but you're just too busy bickering and getting your arms chewed off to listen to me. Frell you all. Which way did you say the signal was Liszt? I'm going, and you're all welcome to come with me if you want, but I'm getting the treasures I came here for with or without you."

With that, Slack waddles off in the direction of the energy readings.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 08:18:15 pm
"I can walk, Zhix. My arm's the thing that's off, not my leg. I'll probally be able to keep going fine." says Quasqado. "Slack, you better not go off alone."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 25, 2006, 08:20:08 pm
"Why not? I'd almost rather take my chances with the jungle beasts than listen to you all complain, fight, and act stupid all trip."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 08:53:10 pm
"You're only saying that because you haven't had a vital limb torn off." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 25, 2006, 08:54:12 pm
"My limbs are stubs. They're hard to grab on to, let alone pull off."

Slack checks his whip and fixes his holster.

"Anyway, as I said, I'm going towards the signal. You can either come with me or stay here, your choice."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 25, 2006, 09:17:15 pm
"Well, your also pretty much the size of my arm.  So you'd have to be more worried about being swallowed whole." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 25, 2006, 09:18:16 pm
"Less painful that way!" Slack yells back as he vanishes over a ridge.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 01:12:45 am
"Well, Slacks dead so let's go."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 26, 2006, 01:45:47 am
"Slack is not dead. I will not leave him to face the terrors of Arcadia alone. The Unspoken Willing, I will see you all again.We have the communicators, and we will keep in touch."

Tsem hurries after Slack.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 01:48:30 am
"Hell I want treasure too! Besides I gotta annoy Slack."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 26, 2006, 01:51:31 am
"we all stay together. Were all going in that direction anyway. Downriver!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 01:53:15 am
"Awww, ViS always ruin the fun!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 01:54:34 am
Slack reappears over the ridge.

"Ahhh wonderful! Alone we are weak, but together we are invincible! Let us not dilly dally, but seize the day and get our recompense! Come my fellow travellers, join me in the hunt for the treasures that lie waiting for us to claim!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 01:58:25 am
If Blinx had eyebrows she would raise one.

"Wow, Slack sure has an *ahem* evolved vocabulary."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 02:00:34 am
Slack yells back down the hill: "I heard your sarcastic chirping rat! Don't make me cook you."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 02:04:06 am
"Aww, he's happy to see me!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 26, 2006, 02:39:52 am
Eventually, after much walking and arguing, they reach the bank of a lake. In the darkness, they realise that Gaff and Redblood are only a couple of hundred yards down the bank. The clouds have almost completely cleared, and the starlight is coming through. The large white moon, however, is still behind a cloud.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 26, 2006, 02:40:39 am
Liszt checks the scanner again. It hums as it tries to pin down the signals
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 26, 2006, 02:45:54 am
Strangely, the signals are coming from all around, though they are slightly stronger out in the lake's direction. The scanner is haveing difficulty dealing with all the data it is receiving, and is outputting much of it as static.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 02:48:24 am
"Well, I'm no genius... wait, yes I am... but it looks like we're going swimming."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 26, 2006, 02:55:02 am
"Oh ,Bugger! I just got used to the grahpik moisture around here, By The Unspoken!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 02:55:59 am
"Oh great! I can't swim!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 03:05:52 am
"This may either be brilliant or insane... how many of us do you think could fit into your suitcase Liszt? Is there air in there?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 26, 2006, 03:07:43 am
"I think attempting to enter hammerspace like that would be very unwise. We'll just have to swim across, those who can , and carry those who cant."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 03:12:43 am
"I love how you consistantly ruin any possible chance for us to explore new things, ideas, and boundries by simply being a single-minded ViS."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 03:26:03 am
"How many people here can swim?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 03:38:47 am
"Well Fiske and I are obvious..."

Slack raises a webbed hand. Then says sarcastically:

"...and Liszt must be a great swimmer because he's so eager to just dive in and risk drowning so many of us."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 26, 2006, 03:43:03 am
Redblood walk up to the rest of the team. "You need help to get over to the island? I can take with me Blitz but I'm not that good at swimming so i doubt i can carry anyone else."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 03:51:44 am
"It's alright Red, rodents are notoriously impeccable swimmers all over the galaxy, I'm sure Blinx can handle herself just fine... or am I mistaken?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 26, 2006, 03:55:10 am
"I love how you consistantly ruin any possible chance for us to explore new things, ideas, and boundries by simply being a single-minded ViS."
"If youd like to risk being torn apart by dimesional instability, be my guest, jump in. if not I suggest you swim with the rest of us... or slide along the bottom"
says Liszt, donning his respirator
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 26, 2006, 03:58:02 am
From the direction of the island, there is a high pitched roar, followed by a series of louder, deeper ones.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 04:07:57 am
"Oh you HAVE to be kidding me! I thought we voted no more monsters! Stupid planet..."

Slack dives into the water.

"I have no idea what's in this lake but I know I'm less likely to see whats going to eat me in here than if I stay on land. And that is quite preferable to me. I suggest you all either jump in here or jump into Liszts briefcase NOW before whatever is comming breaks through the woods."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 26, 2006, 05:14:31 am
"I Vote death by temporal instability. Let me in the Naihalthak briefcase!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 05:36:35 am
"I know Liszt hates the idea, but if we're going underwater, his breifcase may be the only way for some of you to survive."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 26, 2006, 06:04:48 am
"If you insist, but on your own head be it, it will still be quite cramped, the case is full of equipment"

Liszt opens the case, a faint light shines from the interior.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 08:40:18 am
Blinx looks into the case nervously, "I think I'll just stay with Redblood... Oh and Slack stop generalizing, I can't swim okay?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 08:43:34 am
"Well that makes sense, being on Scion all you life. Although it's too bad... if you were a ratfish, this tartar sauce I have could be even more ironic :D"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 08:45:55 am
"Not only that but to me that is a very very large body of water."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 26, 2006, 09:10:49 am
"I'm not going into a body of water till you guys are sure there isn't another giant beastie in it. I need my other arm." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 09:14:00 am
Blinx backs away a bit, just in case she isn't the bait to see if there is any beasts in the water.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 09:16:32 am
"If there were beasts they'd have eaten me by now."

Slack splashes around in the water.

"But if you really want to know how it is, Ill go take a look. If I'm not back in 5 minutes... do something intelligent."

With that, he dives off into the lake.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 09:23:36 am
Blinx moves forward and stares into the murky water, she moves back and grabs a pebble and tosses it in. It dissapears into the murky water and Blinx doesn't see it landing.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 26, 2006, 09:36:51 am
Zesh, I hate swimming, Gaff thinks to himself, as he begins removing his shoulder cannons.

"Hey Liszt, you got room for these in your briefcase?" Gaff calls, motioning towards his shoulder cannons, "They don't exactly work great underwater..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 09:39:45 am
Blinx turns around, "seems too me that most of us can't swim or find it to their displeasure."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 26, 2006, 09:45:30 am
Redblood to Blinx: "I think is best if you grab on to my head. Is probably now safe if you try to sit on my shoulder."

Redblood picks up Blinx and make sure she got a good grip.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 09:53:09 am
Blinx pulls up the hood on her jumpsuit (yes, her clothes are all-purpose) and looks around to see if anyone else is ready.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 26, 2006, 09:58:25 am
A rustling in the bushes on the island breaks out, and a large form can be seen sliding down the near bank into the water.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 26, 2006, 10:06:02 am
"Did anyone else get a better look at that thing on the island? What was that?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 10:08:24 am
"I don't care, the only thing is, it went in the water, I'm not going in now!" Blinx jumps onto Redbloods shoulder and slides off his arm to the ground.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 26, 2006, 10:09:33 am
"Told you guys." says Quasqado, activating his arm's chainsaw in anticipation of being attacked by another nasty creature.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 10:12:17 am
"So, whats this one? Beast number 6?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 26, 2006, 10:19:30 am
It wasn't long before Slack could sense a gloomy form in the dark water. It circled him several times menacingly.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 11:19:48 am
"Well I'm going near that water today! I have had my share of near mouth experiences, and I'm sure Quas has too."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 26, 2006, 11:59:11 am
"alright, everyone get out of the water. My scanner says its... its... <please wait> damn! Just get out!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 26, 2006, 12:11:19 pm
"Liszt, i would buy a new scanner."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 26, 2006, 12:19:12 pm
"It's not the scanners fault, it's getting too many inputs from all the wonky energy fields on this planet." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 26, 2006, 12:55:34 pm
The scanner buzzed static again, unable to pick up any signals from beneath the surface of the water. Slack noticed the shape getting closer.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 26, 2006, 01:01:49 pm
"Oh geez." Gaff starts to re-attach his shoulder cannons...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 26, 2006, 01:13:00 pm
"does anyone have a gun I can use?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 26, 2006, 01:16:21 pm
Pzhystan hovers over Slack.

"Worthless or not, we can't afford to lose anyone. My laser is set and if the bugger so much as moves I've got him in my sight."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 01:22:45 pm
Blinx moans, "why is it that everywhere we go a gigantic monster isn't far behind?!?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 26, 2006, 04:37:19 pm
"Well it keeps the trip interesting, doesn't it, Blinx?" says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 26, 2006, 04:40:48 pm
"Well, yes actually, compared to a peaceful stroll through the woods." Blinx smiles thoughtfully.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 26, 2006, 06:59:21 pm
Slack, as he's swimming back to shore, looks down and sees what appears to be an ancient chimney on the lake floor. As the figure behind him closes in, he swims his hearts out, preparing for the worst.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Genesis on July 26, 2006, 10:05:51 pm
Timesjai went missing for some reason a bit back, so if anyone notices now is the time.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 27, 2006, 02:08:52 am
Blinx starts to bend sticks and weave leaves between them underneath a tree. "So what now? We wait for that idiot Slack to return?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 27, 2006, 02:10:51 am
"This do not look good."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 27, 2006, 02:12:08 am
"Tell me about, it was just Slack's foolishness though, if he dies it's his own fault."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 27, 2006, 03:21:51 am
The creature tears into Slack savagely, severely wounding him. A great tear opens up in his left side and he starts to lose conciousness very quickly.

To the others, the water near where Slack was last seen looks placid, and then slowly takes on the hue of Gryphon blood.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 27, 2006, 03:23:36 am
"i dont much like saying this, but someone really needs to get him out of there!"
Shouts Liszt...
"I'm also starting to think having a gun might be a good idea... does anyone have a spare gauss pistol or something?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 27, 2006, 03:41:31 am
Blinx looks up and sees the blood, "OH S**T! I didn't think he'd actually get attacked yet! But wait..." Blinx shrugs, " ... I really can't do anything about it can I?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 27, 2006, 05:15:36 am
Well, at least now I won't have to share the omic, Gaff thinks to himself. He walks over to Liszt, and says, "I don't like doing this, but, if you want, I can probably fix up one of my shoulder cannons to be shot by hand..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 27, 2006, 05:22:43 am
Redblood rushes out in the water to try to save Slack. He readies his blades and hope and gets ready to attack.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 27, 2006, 05:26:57 am
Even as Redblood gets near the place where Slack was last seen, there is another rustling in the bushes on the island.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 27, 2006, 06:30:54 am
Well, at least now I won't have to share the omic, Gaff thinks to himself. He walks over to Liszt, and says, "I don't like doing this, but, if you want, I can probably fix up one of my shoulder cannons to be shot by hand..."
"too big, I cant hold one of those things. Besides, I was only trained in samll arms at the institute, that thing wouldnt be any good at all"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 27, 2006, 06:43:44 am
"Well then, this looks like another one of those times when I can't do anything, so I just lie back and relax..." Blinx stretches out on the ground again, "man I miss my guns..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 27, 2006, 06:49:18 am
"Well," Gaff says, looking at Liszt, "I guess you're outta luck."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 27, 2006, 09:20:39 am
"People, Redblood just jumped in to save Slack, and the bushed rustled again.. I mean, I'd go in to help, but it's hard to swim with one arm." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 27, 2006, 10:31:39 am
As Redblood fights off the attacking water serpent, Slack sinks into unconciousness and is nearly dead at the bottom of the lake. He thinks about his life, and how he wishes he had had more time. Just as his eyes close, he notices a shape moving toward him in the water, angelic in its figure. Then all fades to black.

OOC: Fix your double post Xar. Edit: Good fix.

Also: Is Slack really dead!? Or will he live!? What is the figure comming for him!? Tune in next time for the answers - same Arcadia Thread, same Spore Forum.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 27, 2006, 11:57:04 am
As Redblood fights off the attacking water serpent, Slack sinks into unconciousness and is nearly dead at the bottom of the lake. He thinks about his life, and how he wishes he had had more time. Just as his eyes close, he notices a shape moving toward him in the water, angelic in its figure. Then all fades to black.

OOC: Fix your double post Xar. Edit: Good fix.

Also: Is Slack really dead!? Or will he live!? What is the figure comming for him!? Tune in next time for the answers - same Arcadia Thread, same Spore Forum.

How about no.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 27, 2006, 12:00:14 pm
You're a very boring GM Daxx. Theres nothing stopping everyone else here from being adventurous except their fear of you.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 27, 2006, 12:01:53 pm
You're a very boring GM Daxx. Theres nothing stopping everyone else here from being adventurous except their fear of you.

PMed you with what's actually happening, since you seem to have mistaken things a little. And please keep it to the OOC thread?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 27, 2006, 01:38:57 pm
"You know what, I'm gonna miss that lazy Gryfon, I enjoyed annoying he hell outa him."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 27, 2006, 03:34:01 pm
"Lets not count our reptoids yet, he may only be injured... err, Mr Gaff could you possibly retrive him if I distract the creature?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 27, 2006, 04:12:11 pm
Blinx finishes two now sharp sticks and uses them to scale the nearest tree until she is about two metres up then stabs the sticks into the tree and lies down comfterably, "aaah... Much better."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 27, 2006, 09:44:47 pm
Pzhystan hovers over Slack's previous place and begins looking for him.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 28, 2006, 04:26:26 am
Pzhystan hovers over Slack and begins dragging his body onto the shore. A routine very familiar for him, in fact.

Pzhystan hovers out to where Redblood is, but neither of them can see any sign of Slack's body.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 28, 2006, 04:39:36 am
"Can you see him?" ask Redblood Pzhystan
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on July 28, 2006, 06:57:04 am
"Lets not count our reptoids yet, he may only be injured... err, Mr Gaff could you possibly retrive him if I distract the creature?"

"Well, I'm not the best swimmer, but if you don't think there's anyone else that should..." Gaff begins removing his shoulder cannons again, before calling out, "Somebody hold these!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 28, 2006, 07:29:51 am
Blinx starts to fall asleep in her hammock....
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 28, 2006, 12:21:07 pm
"I'll hold them for you, but its not a good idea to huddle around so much, incase some water worm comes and sucks you all in."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 28, 2006, 01:01:04 pm
Blinx who was never properly sleeping gets up, "water worms? Sounds creepy."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 28, 2006, 01:39:55 pm
Slack drifts in and out of conciousness, only seeing large blurred shapes around him.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 28, 2006, 01:47:53 pm
"Wait there i think i see him. Maybe i can drag him up" said redblood and dived down.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 28, 2006, 01:49:49 pm
Unfortunately, what appeared to be Slack was just a smallish boulder on the lake bed.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on July 28, 2006, 01:53:38 pm
Redblood dives up. "Damn it was not him." said Redblood to Pzhystan. Redblood contie us to look for Slack.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on July 28, 2006, 01:55:35 pm
"I bet the Pashki Oceanus from my planet would have no trouble finding him. Hell, they'd probably kill a few beasties while they were at it."
Pzhystan keeps hovering a few feet over the water, darting from place to place like a hummingbird, searching for any sign of Slack.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on July 28, 2006, 02:01:38 pm
Blinx climbs off the tree and starts to bang her head off the tree in annyance, "why can't we gurik accept that Haryik Slack is fugoryik dead already?!?!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 28, 2006, 02:03:52 pm
A roar from the island is answered by another more highly pitched roar. The moon starts to come out from behind its cloud.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 28, 2006, 02:12:16 pm
"No..."
Says Liszt fiddleing with scanner
"I'm trying to compensate for interferance... hmmm. Maybe this will work"

The scanner beeps for a bit and gives a reading of some sort...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 28, 2006, 02:13:54 pm
It seemed the focus of the emissions was coming from all around, underneath them, from the direction of the lake itself.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on July 28, 2006, 02:15:53 pm
"Ummm, this isnt going to make me very popular, but I think we need to move nearer to the lake..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on July 28, 2006, 05:31:00 pm
"They aren't getting another one of my limbs." says Quasqado, flexing his metal clawed hand.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 29, 2006, 02:03:52 am
"Are you sure the readings don't say "Go back to you ship, fly home, and get a life?""
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on July 31, 2006, 02:41:38 am
As the moon finally broke through the clouds, there appeared a new star which raced across the sky before slowing and stopping overhead.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on July 31, 2006, 02:57:11 am
"Is that...is that a ship? Anyway to contact it, Mr. Liszt?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on July 31, 2006, 03:02:55 am
"Well, it seems that Slack is dead, lets continue"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 31, 2006, 03:03:16 am
Slack wakes up slowly, but cannot move his body. He's lost alot of blood, but thankfully his Gryfon physiology lets him clot rapidly. He tries to look around... and realizes he's in some kind of nest, surrounded by large eggs.

"Oh frell."

He looks up and sees a blinking star. He tries to focus in, and notices the distinct blue tint... of a Loricatii ship.

"Oh double frell."

He then falls unconcious again.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on July 31, 2006, 10:16:00 pm
Slack was lucky, at least for the time being, to have someone looking out for him. Shortly after Slack fell unconscious, a large creature rushed from an invisible portal, picking up Slack and dissapearing into another one, a standard Loricatii Teleportation System, both portals then snapping shut. Picked up by Talgra, Slack, for now, is safe.

"You better be worth all this trouble, Slack..."

Talgra growls at him as he fixes up Slack's wounds, an easy task with the abundance of medical supplies on the ship. The moment the wounds are healed to an acceptable degree, he sighs again, and smacks Slack upside his beaked head, trying to wake him.

"Get up, you lazy pile of meat... It's time to give He Who Lurks his dues. The Dishonored One is waiting for your soul and I do not intend to wait long to send you to Anoneemis."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 31, 2006, 10:29:38 pm
Slack opens his eyes, and screams at the sight of the Loricatii in front of him.

"Ahh! Son of an Omic, how the frell did you find me? Wait... nevermind."

After all his dealings with the Loricatii, he should know better than to question their abilities.

"Well... *oww*... I assume you're here to take me back then. I thought I could escape... but I should have known better than to think I could possibly hide from you."

Slack knew the quickest way to a Loricatii heart was through their ego. He also knew they have an obsession for shiny objects.

"Fine... take me away... but I'm on the verge on finding enough brilliant treasure to pay you all back ten fold."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on July 31, 2006, 10:38:56 pm
Talgra was trained to resist temptation, and these comments were ignored like water off a Gryfons back. However, the last one caught his attention.

"You do well to flatter me Gryfon. But don't think that will keep me from carrying out my duties."

Talgra stares intently at the Gryfon, leaning down slowly, moving eye to eye to eye with him, baring his large teeth

"You think I don't know of your tricks? Giving us crystalized sugar and calling it methane tricarbonate. Delivering fifteen food trucks and us finding rubber chew toys inside. I'd be a fool to trust you..."

However, this distrust didn't show in his face, and a smile foms. He moves his hand up and picks the Gryfon up slowly, compressing him

"But I will, won't I? Because I know, Slack, that you'd never lie to me, would you? You'd never lie to someone who can squeeze you so hard your head will pop off your body like an overripe melon..."

And with that, Talgra squeezes so hard that Slack can barely breath.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 31, 2006, 10:43:29 pm
"*Cough* No *Gasp* I'd never *Hack* lie to YOU! *Gasp*"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on July 31, 2006, 10:47:20 pm
Talgra grins at this and slowly loosens his grip.

"Well then, Slack, perhaps you can inform me of why I shouldn't kill you for those things, hmm?"

Talgra then thinks and shakes his head, remembering the original topic.

"And while you're at it, what is this treasure you hope to repay your debt with?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 31, 2006, 11:04:13 pm
"I'll admit I *cough* did some horrible things, and I'm so very, *wheeze* very sorry. I know you won't beleive me though.

Slack tries not to look at the Loricatii as he's still catching is breath.

"But I'm telling you, the ancient technologies and treasures of the lost Arcadians could be enough to completely clear me of all depts, and to make you very wealthy. Although I have lost track of exactly how much I owe you."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on July 31, 2006, 11:12:55 pm
Without missing a beat, Telgra immediatly states the exact amount owed.

"You owe the Malgramatara Tribe eight Contract Payments, including hiring cleaners to clear the streets of Termethium 4 for two years, creating three public parks, and building houses. In terms of actual payment, you owe 200,000 Methane Tricarbonate standard size Crystals, twenty truck loads of supplies from Armethium to create Plant ships on the three ships you are to provide..."

The list goes on for approximately ten minutes before he finishes.

"... But if you're sure these things can cover your debt and more, I shall put you to the test. And if you fail, I will still have my weapons loaded at any time."

Telgra smiles and lets Slack down, nodding slowly

"Very well Slack. You have this one chance and this one chance alone to free yourself. Any slip ups, any attempts to escape, any attempts on my life... You better hope you succeed or you won't ever have a moments rest again."

Telgra, however, does not lose his constant and unnervingly toothy smile.

"So, if we do find this treasure and the amount you get from it covers equal to twice your debt, you may keep any left over. If it's any less than three quarters of your debt, your execution is still open to debate. Agreed?"

Telgra holds out a single finger, knowing the Gryfon won't be able to fit his hand around more than that to grab it, the Loricatii way of agreeing on a deal.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 31, 2006, 11:22:38 pm
Slack eyes the finger causiously. If worse comes to worse and there's no treasure, he can always jump off the nearest cliff. He grabs the finger.

"Deal."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on July 31, 2006, 11:26:09 pm
Talgra smiles, seeing hope in the Gryfon. Maybe there was hope for Slack yet.

"Good. Now, where shall we get back to on the planet?"

Talgra was eager to get back. This idea of treasure was tantalizing to all senses.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 31, 2006, 11:43:53 pm
"Where's your holo display? I know your sensors are trained to my DNA, finding the others may be a problem though. As far as I know they should be near where you saved me."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on July 31, 2006, 11:51:32 pm
"We can scan for DNA types in a library. If we find recognized types in close proximity, we should find your group."

Telgra explains, then leads him to the controls, activates the scanning system, and picks up Slack to get him at the right level to enter the scanning perameters.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on July 31, 2006, 11:57:47 pm
"... and with a rotation of... plus the average speed of a ViS... there, I think I've found them. It appears they're... running. Do you feel up for a fight? I think they're in trouble."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 01, 2006, 12:01:11 am
Telgra nods, then picks up his AC Rifle, two reload packs, and then goes to open the Teleportation Room

"I'll try and open a Portal. It may take a few minutes. The one I opened to where you were took a good ten minutes to open, so we may miss the action."

He then set to work.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: TheNecromonicon on August 02, 2006, 04:34:24 am
Just then, Slack has a hearts attack, his wounds were too severe. He gasps for air, but cannot make a sound, and dies slowly on the cold metal deck as Telgra is in the other room creating a portal. And yet, he is happy... because he knows that somehow, Gaff will eat that frelling Omic.

<exunt>
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 02, 2006, 07:27:12 am
The others standing by the bank had seen a pair of flashes of bright light on the island with the intensity of lightning, but there were no clouds from which it could have come - the storm had moved on far to the east. There was another, screaming, roar from the island.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on August 02, 2006, 08:15:37 am
Redblood swims back to the others. "I'm sorry but i could not find him. One of the creature must have gotten him"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 02, 2006, 02:46:11 pm
Talgra looks upon Slacks corpse and sighs slowly

"No sense letting it go to waste..."

A few bloody moments and one Gryfon corpse later, Talgra opens another portal, focusing it as close to the group as possible, then strides through it, rifle in webbed claw and a smile on his bloody mouth.

Having heard the words of Redblood, Talgra speaks up as he exits the portal "You're right. One creature did. Me. However, natural causes have absconded my prize from me. But before The Shamed One claimed his soul, he did speak of a treasure here, one of great value."

Talgra begins to explain, certain these creatures aren't going to just allow someone to take a portion of their prize, even if they're 13.5 feet tall, carrying a rifle, and wearing body armor.

"You see, Slack owed my Tribe a great deal of money. A GREAT deal. And in accordance, I am here to lay stake to his claim to Arcadia's treasure. If you wish to challenge my claim, I have documents..." Talgra smiles and raises the rifle to show it off "And other methods of backing it up."

(This post is subject to alteration should Necro return. And by the way, those that see a discrepency between the name Talgra and Telgra, I wrote those posts really late at night. Talgra is the proper name, as he is from the Malgramatara Tribe)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 02, 2006, 04:58:28 pm
"All the treasure goes to the Occam institute. I'm sure if you help us, Lizst will give you Slack's salary. Maybe." says Quasqado, quite irked by the arrival of another heavily armored goon who quite likely will never put his equipment to use.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 02, 2006, 05:12:25 pm
"Really... And just why do THEY get the plunder of this ancient world, hmm?"

Talgra looks obviously intruiged by this, wondering what there was to gain in so blindly agreeing to this.

"Further still, why would I risk life and limb for a maybe? Slack met an..." Talgra takes the moment in between words to lick his lipless mouth clean of blood "Unfortunate end. How likely is it that many of you will suffer a similar fate, and yet you accept subjugation to another? Submit yourself to anothers will? What if this Liszt you speak of does not intend to deliver on their end of the bargain?"

Talgra continues, not aware that Liszt is present while he speaks

"I know that any business venture here will be lucrative, but why limit yourself to one? Gather your fish while you may, for tommorow there may be none. Collect the technologies and search for all potential ends, and limit yourself not to one. Otherwise, the inevitable end will be The Shamed One breathing down your neck as you fail in your tribute to Anoneemis."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 02, 2006, 05:45:38 pm
"I didint sign no contract and I intend to get my own portion of the prizes on the end of this. Now let us continue before some damned lizard the size of a torpal warship steps on us like a damn bug" Zhix impatiently faces the group and taps his foot
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 02, 2006, 07:38:38 pm
"Lizst is a ViS. ViS don't go back on business deals. And THEY get the treasure because THEY aren't gonna hock it for cash. It's an archeological expedition, not some kind of Egg Hunt." says Quasqado, annoyed.

"So you can either help us and see if Lizst will be kind enough to give you Slack's salary, or you can get your fishy butt back in your ship and screw off."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on August 02, 2006, 07:47:36 pm
"The prize I am seeking transcends most creature's comprehension. Liszt, being the ViS he is, can lead the expedition and not, at the last second, decide to take the prize for himself."

Pzhystan comes closer to the new stranger and whispers, "But I heard the ViS have absolutely horrible peripheral vision." And does the Ptashki equivalent of a wink.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 02, 2006, 07:51:39 pm
Talgra does not take kindly to this, and immediatly voices his aggravation.

"One. There are other museums and foundations out there."

As he says this, he raises his rifle

"Two. I shouldn't have to rely on kindness for getting paid. I rely on a good job."

He then aims the rifle in the general direction of Quasqado, aiming down as he is almost double the height of Quasqado

"And three. I'm an Icthyosaur, you ignorant, pathetic beast."

Talgra says, giving an intimidating glare, trying to stun Quasqado with the fierceness the Loricatii are famous for.

The whisper, however, does not get unnoticed. Talgra was not greedy but this was one situation where being lacking in power was dangerous.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 02, 2006, 08:05:38 pm
"Oh, yer pointing a gun at me. Big ****in' deal. It's worthless turds like you that have made this mission a failure. Too afraid to get your hands dirty, only here to mooch off of those who do any work. I'm not gonna take any of your crap. You even TRY to shoot me, and I'll be eating "ichthyosaur" for dinner."  says Quasqado, smirking behind his mask. He's obviously not at a moment of perfect mental clarity, angry, and possibly ready to snap. His massive metal hand flexes it's fingers, and he gnashes his teeth. He hunches down low, snarling, not breaking his stare at Talgra.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 02, 2006, 08:59:40 pm
Talgra just grins, staring closely. He could fire now, end it all. Even if he missed, he had his magnetic locks to grab those bionic arms and he was easily taller than this creature, better armored... But sadly, he had to make a good first impression

"Don't try my hand. We both know which of us would come from this fight as the victor."

Talgra growls and puts away the gun slowly

"You may all be turning over your share of the claim here to this institute, but Slacks claim is now mine, which means legally if I get there, the treasure is divided evenly amongst the other survivors of the journey, myself included."

Talgra was obviously determined not just to get this treasure, but to keep it out of ViS hands.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on August 03, 2006, 12:08:22 pm
"You must all calm down. Be confident in Liszt's leadership, and By the Unspoken, stop arguing. A member of our party is dead already. We must work together, our fates will be the same as Slack's.

I propose continuing with our quest.

Greetings, Talgra. I have encountered several Loricratii in the past, and know them as formidable.

May we proceed?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 03, 2006, 02:31:05 pm
"You see, Slack owed my Tribe a great deal of money. A GREAT deal. And in accordance, I am here to lay stake to his claim to Arcadia's treasure. If you wish to challenge my claim, I have documents..." Talgra smiles and raises the rifle to show it off "And other methods of backing it up."

Hearing Talgra's threats, Gaff thinks to himself, What a [torpalianexpletivedeleted]... Hope I get to shoot him in the face... Another thought suddenly pops into his mind. At least I don't have to share that snack anymore...hmm, I wonder if he had that naucean tartar sauce with him when he croaked...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 03, 2006, 04:27:34 pm
"You are most wise. May I ask your name?"

Talgra asks, seeing wisdom in the words of Tsem.

"I suppose matters such as this are best disputed once we all have our goal and not beforehand, hmm?"

Talgra laughs softly, then decides to point out a fact

"And I should remind you that Slack died of Cardiac Arrest, not from being eaten by some sea monster. Though why he was carrying seasonings I will never know..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 03, 2006, 06:54:35 pm
"I have said this just seconds ago and I say it again... Lets move already! I would really not like to have wasted a year or two on this horrid planet just to be eaten while your all getting merry and greeting eachother"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 03, 2006, 09:20:48 pm
Quasqado shuffles over to Gaff, and whispers harshly into his ear.
"If this punk fish tries to start anything, will you back me up, pal? I'm missin' an arm and he's got a gun. I could take him with both, but I still might need some supressive fire with my handicap, dig?"

He winks at Gaff, a sign of trust, and shuffles back over to his own little zone, away from the congregation around the rude newcomer.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 04, 2006, 01:15:46 am
The moon, now fully revealed, shines brightly over the lake illuminating the whole scene nearly as clearly as daylight. Everything becomes defined, from the rippled waves lapping the shore, to the overgrown jungle spilling over the banks, to the craggy and overgrown island in the centre.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 04, 2006, 07:20:01 am
Talgra nods, and looks amongst the group

"I'd be willing to move if one of you would take the lead."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 04, 2006, 04:37:51 pm
Before Quasqado moves away, Gaff replies "I wouldn't mind shooting this guy at all...you can count on me"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 04, 2006, 07:37:58 pm
Without batting an eyelash, or, what would be without batting an eyelash if he had any, Talgra speaks up without missing a beat.

"I may have diminished audial valves in comparison to you mammals, but I know well enough what two creatures congregating like that means..."

Talgra's dark eyes shine, making it impossible to know where they focus.

"If you," Talgra directing his words at Quasado "Have anything to say about me, say it to my face. Don't go insulting me behind my back."

(Talgra has poor hearing on land, as with any Icthyosaur, but he'd be a poor hunter of things sapient if he didn't follow visual cues. He's got his eyes on Quasado after the words exchanged)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 04, 2006, 09:15:26 pm
"Yer ugly, you smell like a beached carcass and you're an arrogant prick." says Quasqado, in immediate reply. He shows no signs of fear, and his luminous eyes narrow behind his mask. "Any more questions on what I think about you?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 04, 2006, 09:35:08 pm
"I'm curious, but I'd die of old age before your slow brain could process all your thoughts."

Talgra says, and simply walks past him, travelling in the direction the tracks behind the ground point to. And just for safety's sake, he locks the ammo canister and readies it just in case.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 04, 2006, 11:20:26 pm
"Yer ugly, you smell like a beached carcass and you're an arrogant prick." says Quasqado, in immediate reply. He shows no signs of fear, and his luminous eyes narrow behind his mask. "Any more questions on what I think about you?"

"Seconded!" Gaff calls out, raising a hand.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on August 05, 2006, 01:39:42 am
"This arguing acheives nothing;Talgra has doen nothing against you ,Gaff. He is commited to our group, and i presume is now a member. If we do not work as a team oblivion awaits us all. We have had one fatality on this trip..........i cannot aloow further ones."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 05, 2006, 01:52:59 am
"Indeed, gentlemen," said Kal who had been watching the proceedings with interest. "I'm sure Mr. Lizst will sort out any payment - the riches of this place must be so vast that adding a hundred more men would not diminish your shares. Shall we continue?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 05, 2006, 09:12:53 pm
"This arguing acheives nothing;Talgra has doen nothing against you ,Gaff. He is commited to our group, and i presume is now a member. If we do not work as a team oblivion awaits us all. We have had one fatality on this trip..........i cannot aloow further ones."

"Yyou're right, he's done absolutely nothing." Gaff says. "...he's just a prick."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 05, 2006, 09:33:44 pm
"So you're attempting to compensate for missing a Me?"

Talgra says bluntly and keeps walking.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 06, 2006, 12:31:35 am
"Talgra, where are you going?" Kal says as the icthyosaur walks off into the jungle. "That's the way we came from." He turned and stared out over the lake.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 06, 2006, 12:48:47 am
Gaff quietly mutters, "Pfft, genius..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 06, 2006, 01:22:35 am
"How long have we been here? I'm thinking it would be productive to just throw you people to the other side so you will move!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 06, 2006, 07:30:09 am
"So we need to swim?"

Talgra smiles, swimming being what he is built for, simply walking slowly to the waters edge, slinking down to all fours, and in a manner like any four legged water predator, walks straight on into the water like it's nothing. Talgra remains submerged so that just his nostrils and eyes are visible

Talgra turns to face the others, head bobbing just above the water

"Don't tell me you can't all swim..."

(Just a proposed solution, Talgra could ferry people across the lake on his back)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 06, 2006, 08:37:00 am
"Swimming is against my religion, not that it matters" Zhix activates his nanobots again and uses them as a raft across.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 06, 2006, 08:50:34 am
"What of the rest of you?"

Talgra asks, swimming underwater for a moment to activate his gills.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on August 06, 2006, 09:01:06 am
"Well, I can fly across." Says Pzhystan beginning to flap his wings.

"So I'll go ahead and scout about 3 meters in front of you, looking for any ominous shadows in the water."

With that he flies in front of Talgra and begins hovering, scanning the water with his eyes for any submerged surprises.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 06, 2006, 10:22:37 am
Quasqado grabs a fallen limb and quickly snaps it into a jagged, sharp splinter. He then charges and leaps into the water, and swims as quickly as he can, which is quite fast for a man with only one functional limb. He clenches his fist on his makeshift weapon, making sure if any beast attempts to get him, he's going to make sure it is atleast severely wounded.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 06, 2006, 01:51:46 pm
Blinx eyes the Loricatii semi nervously, it's times like this I wish my godamn mech is still lying fixable on a riverbank somewhere she thinks. Then smiles at the fact that Slack is dead, but with a twinge of sadness, she is going to miss her favourite plaything.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 06, 2006, 02:01:40 pm
Talgra emerges from the water once more, then looks at the little Omic and eyes it predatorily

"No one move... There's a small, furry mammal right there that looks very appetizing..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 06, 2006, 02:04:13 pm
"The small furry mammal gets very annoyed if you call it a small furry mammal."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 06, 2006, 02:08:23 pm
"And it can talk..."

Talgra grins and decides to strike the fear of Anoneemis into the Omic. With one thorough move, he jumps and lands so he is nose to nose with Blinx

"That means it's extra appetizing..."

The smell of blood and death carries from Talgra's mouth and washes over Blinx.

(Don't worry, he's in no real danger, he just likes to scare people)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 06, 2006, 02:11:31 pm
Blinx mutters, "54,678..." And yawns, "just counting the amount of times I have been threatened, I should keep a list, maybe even write a book..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 06, 2006, 02:15:47 pm
With one solid, sudden movement, Talgra lurches forward and Blinx is gone. Talgra then slinks away back into the water like a true predator.

However, Blinx is not dead. Talgra used his lower jaw like a shovel, scooping up Blinx and carrying her into the water in his mouth. Talgra then opens his mouth and takes out Blinx, placing the Omic on his head

"A creature such as you no doubt needs assistance swimming such a distance, correct?"

Talgra has moved at least two meters from the shore to ensure the Omic can't swim back and avoid this conversation.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 06, 2006, 02:19:26 pm
"Whatever."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 06, 2006, 02:21:34 pm
"Listen to me well, mammal! You are too small to travel this distance on your own and the others are ill-equipped to carry you!"

Talgra growls, angered that an offer for help would be met with such aggression

"If you do not wish for my help then I hope you don't drown from falling off the backs of one of the others..."

And with that, the Icthyosaur places Blinx back on shore
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 06, 2006, 02:24:16 pm
Blinx shrugs and daydreams to herself, "I wonder how I'd look with gill implants..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 06, 2006, 03:01:41 pm
Quasqado treads water back to shore, and says to Blinx. "If you can use your tails to grab onto my hair, I'll make sure to stay on the surface for you. Don't worry, 'm not going to eat you. I've already had a portion of me ate, I know how it feels."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 06, 2006, 03:15:51 pm
"Sounds like a plan."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 06, 2006, 03:36:36 pm
Quasqado grasps Blinx and lets het get a good grip on his hair before shoving off into the water again, making sure not to submerge his head.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 06, 2006, 04:02:16 pm
Talgra just grumbles at this, but then moves to a comfortable resting place in the water, waiting for the others to move into the water or voice a problem with it. Talgra was determined not to get seperated from this group.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 06, 2006, 04:30:24 pm
Blinx turns back and looks at the others, after staring for 5 minutes at the group she bursts out laughing, "Slack is dead!!! It's hilarious!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 06, 2006, 04:44:20 pm
"Slack was food. Amazing how small creatures..." The sentence broken by Talgra snapping his jaws "Just get up and eaten isn't it?"

Talgra was no fan of the tricky Gryfon, but it was impossible to resist this opportunity.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 06, 2006, 04:48:15 pm
"I really think it's amazing that the "Omic must be eaten" joke can last so long, just saying." Blinx says wondering.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 06, 2006, 04:57:33 pm
"You say that now, but I'm pretty certain it will move far beyond that someday, considering I have teeth larger than you..."

Talrgra smirks and waits still.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 06, 2006, 05:03:11 pm
"Interesting. Are you quite sure it's safe?" Kal called out to those already in the water. He stepped off the bank - his exosuit showing not the slightest indication of floating as he continued to walk out unhesitantly, sinking further as he did so.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 06, 2006, 05:06:57 pm
"I have long accepted that my death will be in the mouth of another, stop trying to scare me. Oh and Fiske? Shouldn't you take off the suit?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 06, 2006, 05:21:24 pm
"No, this thing works fine underwater. How do you think I take it off?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 06, 2006, 08:01:59 pm
"She means she's confused as to why you're not swimming across, but unless the Guppy Goon wants to carry his exosuit, he'll have to stay in the water, Blinx. It's better for him to be wearing the suit, anyways, incase anything wants to eat him." says Quasqado, still paddling with his good arm.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 07, 2006, 12:37:09 am
"It seems "eat" is a word in everyone and everythings thoughts here."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on August 07, 2006, 01:36:21 am
"This is Tiresome, are we to proceed across the river? Auyuelcliads are not fans of water, but i'm sure i'll manage."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 07, 2006, 07:00:47 am
Without bothering to wait any longer, Talgra decides to get on the move.

Moving his head just below the waters surface, Talgra stretches his sail fin, before dissapearing beneath the water and swimming like mad

On land, a Loricatus is not a fast creature. They can keep up with most species, but underwater, they are movers and turners par excellance. Talgra moves like a jet to the opposite shore.

(How long is this body of water from one side to the other?)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 07, 2006, 07:04:06 am
Talgra passes the others and ends up on the shore of the island. Waiting for the others, who slowly arrive, he looks warily as snorting noises can be heard muffled through the foliage.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 07, 2006, 07:10:33 am
It doesn't take long for Talgra to draw his rifle and move to a defensive position. Illustrating his lizard side, Talgra stands with his body in a T-Shape, rifle held underneath so he can fire and charge if need be.

(Think T-Rex. With a gun.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 07, 2006, 07:16:33 am
In shallow water Blinx jumps off Quas and mutters, "'precciate it" then wades to the shore, she stops and rubs water on the 'P' still marked on her, when nothing happens she groans and continues. Seeing Talgra she mutters to herself, "whats up with that?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 07, 2006, 07:24:18 am
"There's something moving in the woods..."

Talgra mutters, staying in the charge position, the sound of a spike being loaded into the magnetic acceleration chamber of the weapon easily audible.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on August 07, 2006, 07:56:09 am
Pzhystan says, "I'll get up a bit higher and see if I see anything."

Pzhystan hovers up and looks into the foliage where the sounds are coming from.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 07, 2006, 08:08:51 am
Unfortunately with the thickness of the canopy and the density of the foliage it is impossible to see more than a few feet into the island's vegetation.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 07, 2006, 08:16:23 am
Talgra paces and strafes on the shore, a throwback to his ancestors as he watches for the sign of a predator or potential prey.

"Standard tactics says to wait or to send just one person to investigate."

Talgra now just stays still, eyes scanning for anything, nose taking deep breaths. He's more equipped for sighting prey underwater, but that doesn't stop him.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 07, 2006, 09:08:30 am
Quasqado rummages in his backpack for a defoliator. "Mr. Fiske, or Mr. Lizst, requesting permission to defoliate the area." he says, checking the level of his current cartridge and preparing it to remove the foliage.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 07, 2006, 09:46:47 am
"Yes, of course, let's blow up the trees. Not like this creature deserves its habitat..."

Talgra mutters, not liking this at all so far
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 07, 2006, 12:42:49 pm
"Oh great I could use some wood, you can make many useful things with wood."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 07, 2006, 12:56:38 pm
"If you'd look around, we're surrounded by trees. I'm only gonna make us a path, nitwit. There's plenty of room left and the tree's will grow back a few hours after we leave, most likely." says Quasqado, angered that Talgra is so stoopid.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 07, 2006, 12:58:19 pm
"Well I could still do with a nice branch."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 07, 2006, 02:00:56 pm
"It does not matter. This creature will be angered whether or not you just make a carving of a few trees or tear down the forest. Either way, you are a threat and it will react. How would you like to have someone come tearing through your home, even if the walls will restore themselves in a few hours?"

Talgra was obviously defensive on this issue
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 07, 2006, 03:31:24 pm
"We won't have to WORRY about the creature if it's a charred corpse, now will we?" says Quasqado, thinking Talgra is just trying to onveranalyze his way to victory.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 07, 2006, 07:32:10 pm
"You have no respect for the gifts Anoneemis gives us..."

Talgra mutters simply
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 07, 2006, 08:21:26 pm
"Keep your religion to your self, and I won't start preaching about how The Creator endowed your race's Pair with sub-par genetics, Itchy Sore." says Quasqado, with a sneer.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 07, 2006, 09:41:58 pm
"Don't get me started with the fallacies in that statement..." Talgra mutters and just keeps on guard.

"We cannot defoliate this region."

Talgra proceeds to stand upright and moves towards the tree line, using one hand to keep the rifle ready and the other to push aside the vegitation.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 08, 2006, 12:13:11 am
Blinx decides not to get involved and walks a little way away from the argument so she can sit down in peace.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 08, 2006, 12:51:27 am
Pushing into the tree-line, Talgra finds it very thick but just passable. His size gets in the way, however, and hampers progress.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 08, 2006, 08:18:22 am
Talgra just continues into the trees, large claws snapping the vines ahead of him like twine. Vines regrew fast when snapped.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on August 08, 2006, 08:30:44 am
Pzhystan switches his cybernetic implant to laser mode. A sharp green beam portrudes from his implant. He focuses the beam to the sides of Talgra, in an attempt to cut the branches to his side and speed his progress.

Though he has sharp eyes, he is unable to see whether or not his laser is having any effect.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 08, 2006, 02:21:44 pm
Blinx looks over the planet and sees the  beauty of the planet. A wave of sadness engulfs her. She has no home, no friends, and thirty death threats a day. She looks down at the sand and starts to cry.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 08, 2006, 02:35:01 pm
Talgra looks up at Pshystan with a sigh

"Y'know, it's a little dangerous to be trying that..."

Talgra walks back and looks to the others, seeing them not following

"Why aren't any of you moving?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 08, 2006, 02:38:46 pm
Quasqado prods the crying Blinx softly. "You're leaking," he says, "Do you need the Doc?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 08, 2006, 03:41:23 pm
OOC - I'll go with it.

Blinx wipes her eyes and looks at Quas for a second, "I'm fine."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 08, 2006, 03:46:18 pm
Talgra sighs and turns around slowly, leaning back

"Why are you all delaying?"

Then he sees Quasqado leaning over, but doesn't see Blinx

"What're you doing? Met a grain of sand that's your intellectual equal?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 08, 2006, 04:17:53 pm
The bushes are being hacked back steadily, and a path is made into the island. Eventually, Talgra reaches a large clearing around a rocky spire. From his vantage point in the bushes at the edge of the clearing, he can see that it is some 50 feet high but climable. At the top, something is moving but it is difficult to work out exactly what it is.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 08, 2006, 05:08:05 pm
Talgra quickly shoulders his rifle, taking a high leap about ten feet off the ground, grasping the sides of the spire and rapidly clambering up it. To say Talgra is reckless is an understatement, but such is the arrogance of ruth. Talgra, however, waits partway up the spire for the others to join him.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on August 08, 2006, 06:22:45 pm
Pzhystan uneasily begins hovering to Talgra's spot. He stops 10 feet behind Talgra, being cautious of whatever is on top. He looks at the object and tries to discern what it is.

"We don't have to actually kill it, do we?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 08, 2006, 06:30:50 pm
"Comeon, Blinx," says Quasqado, lifting her up to his shoulder. "We don't want to miss the Itchy Sore getting eviscerated by the local fauna, do we?" as he trudges up to the spire, not climbing it, waiting for screams.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 08, 2006, 10:53:14 pm
"I didn't come here to kill," Talgra says to Pzhystan, grinning "I came here to capture Slack. Now I'm going to explore and get a lot of cash doing it."

He then climbs higher, rapidly approaching the top.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 08, 2006, 11:32:37 pm
Watching Talgra climb, Gaff thinks to himself, For someone so greedy and arrogant, he sure does seem to care about life...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 09, 2006, 09:00:33 am
Looking up, Blinx shouts, "don't fall!" then whispers "I'm not cleaning it up"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 09:12:47 am
It only takes a few more short moves before Talgra pulls the visor of his helmet over his eyes and reaches the top of the spire, but stays low, looking for any sign of a nest to peer into before he moves any further. He doesn't want to disturb any young hatchlings, just in case the mother won't come back.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 09, 2006, 09:16:55 am
Talgra sees several large eggs, one of which is broken. There is a scrawny wail from a large collection of mud and tree branches as he reaches the top.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 09:26:19 am
Talgra activates the camera in his visor before proceeding any further. He then probes closer, trying not to disturb the nest but curiousity prevails.

"Do not be afraid little one..."

Talgra then takes a mask from his gear and places it over his snout. It then fills with water after attaching to the helmet, oxygen filters lock over his nostrils, letting him breath. He then proceeds to show what it's for. Loricatii can't speak their primary language out of water, and hence the mask allows water to provide resonation and for the Loricatus to speak naturally.

"I will do you no harm..."

When Talgra says this, any species not versed in the Loricatii tongue will just hear echoing, haunting, and eeriely fascinating wails.
(Think Whale Song, Humpback to be specific)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 09, 2006, 09:36:14 am
From the next, a head pokes out. It spies Talgra and calls out a loud but high pitched roar, showing off the rows of razor-sharp teeth inside its mouth. It clambers up onto the nest edge and eyes him hungrily. In the distance, an answering roar can be heard.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 09, 2006, 09:40:35 am
"Talgra, little tip, get down now."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 09:50:11 am
Talgra doesn't run, not just yet. He snaps a picture of the creature first, then spins his way down the spire, puts the speaker mask away, and draws his rifle. Any predator knew to get to somewhere defensable now, and the tree-line was easily the safest thing from a large bird.

"If anyone is willing to help, now is the time to do it!"

(Just a response to what Daxx said in the OOC... NOW is the time to wait for others. If anyone even wants to help that is)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on August 09, 2006, 09:54:09 am
Whatever progress Pzhystan had made flying up the spire was soon lost. He quickly went to the bottom of the spire and waited patiently for Talgra's return, or lack of.

Upon sight of Talgra, he said, "Give us a status report. I'd rather face fog than shadow!" This was an ancient Ptashki saying that meant it was better to approach with some knowledge of your enemy than none at all.  "I bet I and a few others would like to know how big it is, at the very least! I'll join you in a heartbeat, just let me know what I am up against."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 09:59:33 am
Talgra nods and smiles, glad to have someone on his side.

"Extrapolating, I'd guess about 12 meters long. It has sharp teeth so it's definitely a carnivore. It may have talons; I didn't see, but it's a safe bet as it lives by shore. It's either very big or it can climb very well, and it's a mother, so our best bet is to steer clear of the nest and she'll leave us alone to take up a more defendable position by it."

Talgra says most of this as a guess, but having been a hunter all his life, it's a pretty good one.

"But don't take my word for it. Fly up a bit. If she's coming, you'll be the first to spot it."

He then flicks a switch on the rifle and it begins to charge audibly as a bolt is moved into the chamber and the electromagnets begin to power up.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 09, 2006, 10:43:45 am
The picture of the baby matched pretty exactly the larger creature that the group had encountered earlier, only with slightly different proportions of body and of course a bit smaller. The others recognised it immediately.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 09, 2006, 10:44:44 am
"Oh snap, don't tell me the mother is that thing we met earlier!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 10:51:23 am
"If it is the Mother of that thing, we must be careful to try and avoid it. We should only kill it if we have to."

Talgra says, stern eyes visible as he lifts his visor again.

"That creature is a part of this worlds ecosystem, as are its children. If we kill it, then they are doomed, and we could destabilize life in the region for an indeterminant amount of time. I don't seek to have that much blood on my hands. We can only kill this creature as a last resort."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 09, 2006, 10:54:32 am
"If I had my godamn mech with me I would pulverise that thng right now."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 09, 2006, 11:22:34 am
"Stop being a ****in' hippy. None of us are gonna get injured so your precious ecosystem goes unharmed. I'd rather have the blood of thousands of stupid vicious beasts on my hands than that of one sapient." says Quasqado, prepared to viciously assault any beast that make come his way.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 09, 2006, 11:24:50 am
"I have to agree, even the wexxian ain't a hippy."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 01:15:39 pm
"If this thing attacks you, by all means fight back, but don't go picking a fight where one doesn't need to be found. Your life is worth no more than many of these animals and I assure you that if you kill them, reprocussions WILL be felt..."

Talgra says, the words more serious and litteral than any sort of veiled threat.

"All things considered, conflict may not be necessary. Do you seek to cause it?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 09, 2006, 02:39:15 pm
A rather large, rotund beetle skitters across the forest floor, Quasqado, obviously none to pleased with Talgra's bossy attitude, take his anger out on the fat arthropod. In a clean motion, he stomps the insect, making a large, piercing "CRUNCH!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 02:44:58 pm
This enrages Talgra, turning slowly, the gun loading with a loud and audible click.

"I don't want to waste my ammunition... Don't make me..."

He simply snarls now.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 09, 2006, 02:48:10 pm
Quasqado sneers, and wipes up the gooey remains of the beetle with his finger. He sniffs it a few times, before flicking the remains Talgra's way.

"If you're going to shoot me, then do it. You're only wasting your breath threatening me. Bottling up your anger like that isn't good for you."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 02:51:14 pm
Talgra then simply snaps.

A loud bang radiates through the air as Talgra fires, a bolt piercing clean through a tree and turning it to splinters right by Quasqado's head.

"THE NEXT SHOT WILL NOT MISS!"

Talgra yells, no longer caring about the creature coming to get them
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 09, 2006, 02:53:57 pm
"Woah! Hey if you shoot quas it will be none too pleasant for me either!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 02:55:28 pm
"THEN STAND ASIDE! I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH YOU!"

Talgra snarls, nostrils flaring and eyes glimmering.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 09, 2006, 03:00:17 pm
"Someones grumpy." Blinx says in a high pitched tone, but still decides to climbs off Quas and stands back.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 09, 2006, 03:02:10 pm
"You should work on your aim, mate." says Quasqado. "Also, uhm, what was that whole thing about "not blowing up trees"?". He snickers loudly.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 03:05:25 pm
Once Blinx is out of the way, Talgra doesn't hesitate. He fires again, aiming for Quasqado's foot. As with any version of an Anemocines Claw Rifle, it is designed to penetrate the target and pin them to whatever is behind them. Talgra doesn't aim for just one though, and releases a flurry of shots across a line between both his feet.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 09, 2006, 03:09:25 pm
The noise echoes loudly around the still night air. Something moves at the top of the rock, and there is a snarling from through the jungle.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 09, 2006, 03:09:52 pm
Quasqado grunts and winces in pain as his feet are pierced. "Oi...you ass...you ruined my boots!." He looks down at his feet, as dark, thick ichor seeps out of the holes in his shoe. "And you just wasted quite a bit of ammo there, twit." Quasqado winces as he tries to lift his left foot.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 03:13:15 pm
As he does, the ammunition locks. As it was designed to, the quadraspike at the end suddenly expands and binds him to the dirt.

Talgra chuckles and nods "You ruined that insects life... You took it... I think boots are a small price to pay." Talgra checks and realizes he fired off twelve shots on autofire, a third of a clip. It was a waste of ammo... But he got his point across...

"Now, I have no wish to take your life. Hold still and I will release the spikes."

Talgra says, now more serious with the snarling, moving closer. He may be angry at Quasqado, but he has no wish to see him die.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 09, 2006, 03:19:26 pm
"Get any closer to me and I'll be using your skin to make me a new pair, Itchy Sore." Quasqado fist clenches, and a low, rumbling growl exit's from his chest.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 09, 2006, 03:21:45 pm
The growl is echoed by a similar one from across the clearing. Two beady eyes shine briefly in the darkness and then move away out of sight behind the spire.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 03:23:55 pm
"Then I shall leave you to your fate."

Talgra says simply and moves to stand in a comfortable position, ready to dash at the need and ready to fire at the opportunity.

"When you are willing to accept my help, I will show you the release on the spikes."

Talgra keeps a hand on the rifle, a sharp eye on the jungle, and the other and Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 09, 2006, 03:25:01 pm
"Meanwhile in a small colony of Zarukions Hgisko Llssk Tinkers in his lab unnoticed by all...." ;D

Please read the thread rules. You must PM me before joining. Please remove your post, and post in the OOC thread.

EDIT: remove vvvthatvvv post too. OOC stuff in the OOC thread, please.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Gunner on August 09, 2006, 03:31:45 pm
Ok Daxx Sorry...  :'( I didn't know :-[
Edit: Fixed  :)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 09, 2006, 03:40:59 pm
Quasqado sits on the ground, his feet still bleeding. He crosses his arms and stares straight at Talgra. "Punkass goon."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 09, 2006, 03:43:00 pm
Talgra doesn't reply at first. When he does speak, it is once he is in a more defendable place.

"It is interesting you're willing to threaten me when I offered to help you..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 09, 2006, 11:59:20 pm
"What a waste to the mission, you bother shooting at him with no reason other then claiming that he shouldin't have killed one of thousands of bugs because it mightive destroyed part of this ecosystem while it really held no value and was a mere scavanger, that could actually help the inviroment instead of destroying it."

"You are being reckless Talgra, and you shouldin't be attacking your own members in this group, you selfesh and stupid hippe"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 10, 2006, 12:11:46 pm
"I prefered Slack, at least he had a sense of humour, however mild it was."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 10, 2006, 12:34:00 pm
"Perhaps we should not deliberately provoke our new friend," said Kal who had followed and stood behind them dripping. "Some people might call me crazy, but even I don't want to be eaten by whatever it is up there."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 10, 2006, 12:42:06 pm
"It might be possible I could pop its head open with the right frequency."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 10, 2006, 01:10:58 pm
"I have no doubt that, with the amount of firepower in this group, we could easily take this creature down. The question is, do we want to?"

Talgra asks, trying to reason with them

"This beast is a living being, just like you or I. I don't want to kill it unless I have to. You all seem to want to march up to it and stab its eyes out..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 10, 2006, 01:30:36 pm
"Because we'd rather keep our limbs than be eaten, perhaps?" says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 10, 2006, 01:36:43 pm
"If it comes down I am going to use ultrasound, so, em, cover your ears."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 10, 2006, 01:41:17 pm
"You don't have too, we could just go across the pillar, since it has no real signifigance really"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 10, 2006, 01:42:12 pm
"I meant if they attack us"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 10, 2006, 01:43:55 pm
"You all fail to see what I mean. IF this thing attacks us, then go right ahead. But we don't know it will..."

Talgra sighs, justwondering how to bypass the creature without a fight
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 10, 2006, 01:46:00 pm
"I wasint responding to your responce, and I would hold more of a sonic threat, were not even sure if they have ears"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 10, 2006, 02:17:23 pm
Talgra smirks, chuckling softly

"Considering its young called out and it replied, I'd say it's a safe bet..."

Talgra mutters, rolling his eyes
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 10, 2006, 02:27:32 pm
"Well I think we should move instead of standing around waiting for them anyway."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 10, 2006, 03:40:18 pm
Gaff moves over to Quasqado. He glares as he opens his mouth. "Zesh damn that piece of omic dung. I know I'm not strong, but my trusty cannons are more than enough to tear through his hide..." He gets quieter. "Just remember, say the word, and he's gone."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 10, 2006, 03:46:25 pm
Blinx notices Gaff saying something to Quas. That torpal seems to enjoy making enemies...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 10, 2006, 03:58:47 pm
"Try and set him free and you'll be tearing every ligament out of his foot."

Talgra says simply, knowing that without knowing how to undo the catch on it, anyone trying to assist Quasqado will do more harm than good, and once again misinterprets what Gaff goes to say when whispering to Quasqado.

"You need to undo the catch on those bolts before you remove them."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 10, 2006, 04:44:41 pm
"Oh really?" In the same instant he speaks, Gaff whips around, his shoulder cannons appearing from behind his back, already charging. "Then tell me how to free his foot."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 10, 2006, 04:53:49 pm
"You've... Not done many hostage negotiation situations, have you?"

Talgra says, turning and pointing his rifle straight at Gaff

"You see, I have information you need, and hence you can't harm me. I, however, have no such misgivings about harming you. All I'm waiting is for him to say that I can come and remove the bolts from his feet. As he hasn't asked me, I see no reason to help him."

Talgra smiles simply. His body armor probably couldn't stop the cannons entirely but it'd certainly keep him alive, so long as the shot wasn't a lucky one. Still, he wasn't in this to get hurt, and that was the only reason he'd not released a flurry of bolts already.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 10, 2006, 04:58:26 pm
"Tell Gaff how to remove the bolts. I trust him enough to let him do it." says Quasqado, not wanting to let the overviolent Talgra near him, as Talgra would possibly attempt to kill him.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 10, 2006, 05:08:45 pm
"I brought two sets of bolts. That particular type is a snap-release system."

Talgra explains, showing no ill will towards Quasqado. He had obviously calmed down a good bit.

"See the four extended hooks on the back end? Pull the bolt up a bit, about two inches, then hold the base. Then turn those hooks to the right until you hear a click. Then just pull fast."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 10, 2006, 06:44:27 pm
"You've... Not done many hostage negotiation situations, have you?"

Talgra says, turning and pointing his rifle straight at Gaff

"You see, I have information you need, and hence you can't harm me. I, however, have no such misgivings about harming you.

"Even though neither of us like you, Quas and I aren't best friends. If I had to kill you, losing his foot would be more than worth it. And do you forget these cannons are controlled by thought? Even if you did try shooting me, I'd have time to fire plenty of shots, and we'd both be dead, at best. Not to mention if you did kill any of us, you can kiss your part of the treasure goodbye...so watch it."
Gaff swivels one of his cannons at a nearby tree and fires, letting out a grunt of anger. After staring at Talgra for a moment, he finally turns back to Quasqado, and begins removing the bolts.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 10, 2006, 06:56:44 pm
The shadowy figure at the top of the spire disappeared from view. A sharp wind began to pick up, chilling further the night air.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 10, 2006, 07:03:00 pm
Talgra looks and sees the shadowy figure gone and growls, roaring in frustration

"YOU IDIOT! Now look! It thinks we're a threat now because you couldn't keep that itchy trigger finger of yours restrained!"

Talgra snarls, and quickly scans the woods (With his eyes), looking for any sign of it.

As Gaff moves over, the temptation to fire and put him down permanently rises greatly, but he restrains. He has bigger worries... About 10 meters bigger... And the Torpal may just prove useful in offsetting the balance in his favour a little.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 10, 2006, 07:06:36 pm
Unafraid of any wild creatures, Gaff simply laughs and says "That'd be my itchy trigger mind, big guy. Do Icthysaurs have bad memory on land, too?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 10, 2006, 07:09:01 pm
"I had a chance to take you down a moment ago and didn't take it. Now repay the favour and get him free so we can be sure that the weaker members of this group don't end in the same boat as Slack. Don't forget we have a rat and a slug back there somewhere..."

Talgra mutters this, obviously referring to Blinx and Liszt.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 10, 2006, 08:47:01 pm
After finally freeing Quas' leg, Gaff speaks up again. "I don't owe you any favors for sparing me. Only cowards shoot their enemies in the back."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 10, 2006, 09:03:40 pm
Quasqado calls the Doctor over to have a look at his shredded feet, and yells to Talgra, "Hey, twit, you shot first."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 10, 2006, 09:12:16 pm
"I can shoot second, third, fourth, fifth, and so on if you like."

Talgra says bluntly, standing on the defensive while Gaff removes the bolts
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 10, 2006, 09:15:58 pm
Gaff quietly mutters to Quas, "He can shoot up his own ass for all I care." before laughing to himself.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 10, 2006, 09:56:47 pm
"Hmm. Yeah. Waste a bit of more ammo, so you can get your guts ripped out and feasted upon. Great plan, Sore." says Quasqado, cradling his feet.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 10, 2006, 10:07:51 pm
"If you like, I can pull the trigger a few more times and with the current amount of holes, we can probably classify your head as a flute."

Talgra replies, wondering if it's even worth defending them if they are going to keep this up...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 10, 2006, 10:25:07 pm
"Dear Zesh! Just shut up already! You shot Quas; you shoot again and I'll shoot back! Now everyone drop it already!!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 11, 2006, 09:34:58 am
"Overviolent sociopathic ecoterrorist." says Quasqado, an accurate description.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 11, 2006, 09:35:57 am
"zing."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 11, 2006, 09:46:33 am
Talgra just doesn't respond now, and simply waits for any sign of danger.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 12, 2006, 12:44:05 pm
"Big dumbassed people that can only use guns, to bad we can't just move on without them"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 12, 2006, 12:53:49 pm
"They seem to be holding us back from the good stuff."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 12, 2006, 12:55:12 pm
"You didn't complain when Dances with Shock Poles here carried you across the water."

Talgra replies to Blinx, oddly defending Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 12, 2006, 01:03:27 pm
"Quas didn't shoot."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 12, 2006, 01:03:44 pm
"Okay, your right, you" -points at Talgra- "Would be the one doing nothing of vaule and worrying about the safety of a DAMN BUG and a lizard 50 ft higher then us"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 12, 2006, 01:15:05 pm
"Your morality prevents you from swimming, yet my biology demands I do. How can you claim to understand my moral center when yours in comparison is so irrevocably off kilter?"

Talgra explains, keeping an eye out

"Besides, I'd rather keep the death toll as minor as possible. He took an innocent life and you all seem to desire to trheaten another. Why do you wish to harm something if it poses no threat?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 12, 2006, 01:18:49 pm
"It was a bug!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 12, 2006, 01:21:39 pm
"And you're just a rat and I'm just a fish! You change the Universe with every action! You may not see it now, but what if that insect's extensive descendants in eons evolved into intelligent life!? Or provided food for a species that WOULD evolve into intelligent life but doesn't because it doesn't find food and dies!? Every action has a consequence, and mindless destruction gets you nowhere!"

Talgra explains, snarling.

"Destruction serves no-one without purpose!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 12, 2006, 01:32:40 pm
"Let me rephrase myself, it was ONE bug!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 12, 2006, 01:39:11 pm
"One insect can have a big influence. Haven't you ever heard of the Meerha Theory? The bug itself may be insignificant but its presence may not. A flap of its wings may create a storm that forces the creatures in a different area to adapt in a certain way and lead to big changes, or it may provide food for a certain creature that then passes on its genes or is eaten by a larger creature that does so, either of whoms decendents become intelligent. While we must all take this with a pinch of tra, it still warns against unnecessary destruction!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 12, 2006, 01:44:37 pm
"Whatever."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 12, 2006, 03:31:12 pm
Gaff quietly mutters to those around him with a smirk, "For someone so big, he's awfully whiny."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 12, 2006, 05:59:19 pm
"I don't even carry a gun. I'm a forester." says Quasqado. "Not only that, I've saved about three people's lives this trip."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on August 13, 2006, 05:16:34 am
"One insect can have a big influence. Haven't you ever heard of the Meerha Theory? The bug itself may be insignificant but its presence may not. A flap of its wings may create a storm that forces the creatures in a different area to adapt in a certain way and lead to big changes, or it may provide food for a certain creature that then passes on its genes or is eaten by a larger creature that does so, either of whoms decendents become intelligent. While we must all take this with a pinch of tra, it still warns against unnecessary destruction!"
"The Only Insect that can create a storm by flapping it's wings is the TyranaMoth Butterfly of Nork 4.One insects matters little, but please refrain from wanton destruction of the wildlife. Apart from the large section of the wildlife that wishes to eat us. Kill them."

EDIT: Missed out "From"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 13, 2006, 05:34:02 am
"So I basically kill everything right?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 13, 2006, 01:12:02 pm
"I doubt anything would ever really want to eat you. You are too small. The predator would have to be so small you'd easily be able to kill it."

Talgra says this plainly. He didn't really believe much of the stuff he said either. He just hated the unnecessary destruction of animals and plants.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 13, 2006, 01:13:10 pm
Blinx rolls her eyes an glances at Gaff.

"And yet..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 13, 2006, 01:18:13 pm
Talgra finally gets curious and looks at Blinx with one eye

"What's your name? And what species are you? It's getting a bit hard to talk to you without knowing both."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 13, 2006, 01:21:40 pm
"I'm Omic, and my name is Huryik Blin Xaryik, or Blinx."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 13, 2006, 01:35:36 pm
"Nice to meet you Blinx. I'm Talgra from Kelshas of Malgramatara, but jsut call me Talgra. I'm a Loricatus."

Talgra smiles down at the Omic

"A creature like you is so incredibly unlikely..."

He says happily, starting to relax now. He is glad to talk to someone who doesn't respond to any question with insults.

(Friendly conversation killed the board)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on August 15, 2006, 11:11:37 am
"Mr. Liszt? Can we proceed? The pointless arguing seems to have subsisted, for now."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 15, 2006, 11:35:11 am
"And we seem to be waiting for an attack."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 15, 2006, 02:12:50 pm
"Yes. I think we should... and in case anyone gets any funny ideas, I am still in charge of this expedition. Not this newcomer"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on August 15, 2006, 02:18:48 pm
"I will folllow your others Liszt. After all your the one that would take me in and you have treated me fairly."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 15, 2006, 02:39:42 pm
"You may be in charge of them Mister.... Liszt, is it?" He asks, looking over to the ViS "You are not in charge of me. I have every right by law to Slacks share of the technology here as a result of this journey, which surmounts to an equal portion to what the rest of you are getting, and I have plenty of documentation to prove it."

Talgra says this officiously and arrogantly, not taking kindly to being told what to do by, of all things, a ViS. Talgra does not realize though that he is also helping Slack continue to annoy them all, even after death.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 15, 2006, 02:46:43 pm
"In that case youve also inherited Mister Slacks's temporary employment by the Occam institute. Since we have no records to vouch for your integrity we'll just have to matrk you down as an entry level employee. You are subordinate to all the other members of this party as of now" Replied Liszt, immediately annoyed by the arrogant interloper
"and as such are obliged to follow their commands. If you dont like it then you have no place with this expedition Talgra"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 15, 2006, 02:52:49 pm
Gaff tries as hard as he can not to laugh hysterically out loud at this point, thinking to himself, Hah! He got owned by the ViS!
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 15, 2006, 03:03:30 pm
There was a whirring of servos from behind them. "Can we sort this out later? I'm quite anxious to find out what was causing those emissions." Ic-Fiske's exosuit speakers crackled static as the suit's translator struggled to deal with communicating the level of anticipation in his voice.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 15, 2006, 03:31:04 pm
"Hey, Lizst. Can you take the medical fees for my feet out of Talgra's salary, considering he friggin' shot me in them?" says Quasqado, obviously pleased that Lizst seems to have snapped out of his daze.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 15, 2006, 03:50:28 pm
"Yes, why not?" Said Liszt with grim pleasure.

"The readings are coming from that direction" he said. Pointing at a large group of rocks and boulders strewn over the island.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 15, 2006, 04:34:15 pm
Talgra cocks his rifle hard and raises it again, swinging into position.

"Try and take my rightful share and you'll not make it back to report those forsaken readings. As you may have noticed, I'm more than willing to fire, and while I may not survive, I'm pretty damn certain none of you are willing to risk your lives against mine just to help some ViS stick-up-its-cloacal-vent institute. You'll all get paid whether or not I tender over my share, so you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to stick up for Liszt."

Talgra this time has it set for a wide-spread kill shot, somewhere between Gaff, Quasqado, and Liszt, as well as a stray shot potentially hitting any other member of the party.

"I have legal rights to Slacks share, not to Slacks "salary". Slacks employment in your institute means that he made an agreemant to work for you and follow your orders, and turn over his share if ordered to do so. I am NOT in your employ and therefore still have my share intact, and believe me, if your institute wants it, it will pay tens of thousands times its worth, for I will sell it for no less if it's going to some ViS!"

Talgra's hate towards the ViS becomes clear. While clearly outmatched, and certainly to die if he did fire for an attempted kill shot, the same was true for all of them.

"I don't ask for ANY of your loyalty. I want my share of the treasure, and that's it. But are you willing to give up your freedom for this... This... Slug of a being? Your lives!? What has HE done to earn your loyalty!?" And before anyone could say it, he says "And if anyone says "Not shot someone in the foot", you'll earn my ire too..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on August 15, 2006, 05:01:05 pm
"You should watch your tung newcomer. I may rip it out if you do not stop treating Liszt."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 15, 2006, 05:03:36 pm
"What has he done to earn my loyalty? He's offered me a large sum on money for my assistance, and he's keep a clear, rational head through this entire trip, instead of resorting to being a sociopathic violent moron and threatening everyone without having the forsight to realize that everyone here is needed for this trip to be a success. Slack had NO share in the treasure, he had a salary. So how about you shut the **** up before I am forced to make you, by ripping out whatever disgusting part you use to make sound." says Quasqado, incredibly angry right now.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 15, 2006, 05:09:34 pm
"Well then Quas, are you really willing to try it?"

Talgra smiles, finger on the trigger

"Threats are an effective way to move people and I'm not exactly hiding mine. Liszt here has no power over me, and as laws of capture state, I, along with anyone else who finds this treasure, has a right to it. I don't want more than is fairly mine, but what is fairly mine will BE fairly mine, and if this slug or anyone else tries to take it from me, I will fire."

Talgra squints very carefully, teeth bared

"This treasure has little value to me but the reward it brings is worth more than any of your lives to me, and it will ensure my progeny will live comfortably..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 15, 2006, 05:57:52 pm
"I'd hate to see any abberation that would be desperate enough to mate with you, guppy. Put the damn gun away and go sit somewhere and think about WHY exactly we are pissed at you."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 15, 2006, 06:05:38 pm
"You're pissed because I don't do exactly as you say. I have a right by law to my share of artifacts, and don't forget that I have a ship with long range communications and a clan to back me up in legal matters. Now shut up already, you're not in this conversation."

Talgra says plainly.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on August 15, 2006, 06:26:29 pm
"Law. That something the Lords of Othyxir often talked about. I learn one thing from them. Law is alway on the most powerfull side! You should stop preaching about your laws because i know one other thing. There is allways someone powerfull then you. It may not be Liszt or me but there are allways someone powerfull then you." Said Redblood staring to get tired of the newcomers ranting about law.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 15, 2006, 06:33:09 pm
"I'm a former member of the Ghulos military. If I die, they'll know. And unprovoked murder of a War Brother is often grounds for having yourself obliterated." says Quasqado. "I'm sure you don't want your race orbitally bombarded because you made a dumb mistake. Put down the gun."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 15, 2006, 06:50:09 pm
"You're pissed because I don't do exactly as you say. I have a right by law to my share of artifacts, and don't forget that I have a ship with long range communications and a clan to back me up in legal matters. Now shut up already, you're not in this conversation."

Talgra says plainly.

"We're pissed because no one likes you...and yet you're still here."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 15, 2006, 06:56:31 pm
"Yes, I'm sure they're willing to risk a war for a single person. Even if they are, I doubt you realize that you're facing a race as strong, if not stronger than yours. You don't know, do you? Besides, there may be others stronger than me, but it's not going to be YOU."

Talgra sighs, getting annoyed with this

"I have a right to my share of the treasure and I'm taking it. You can accept my services and assistance and cease this argument, or we can end this here and now and get on our merry way. I don't want any more than is fair, but you are preventing me from... From..."

Talgra then sighs and lowers the rifle

"Ah forget it. This is a dispute best saved for later once we actually HAVE the treasure..."

Now depression has slipped into the voice of the Loricatus as the adrenaline rush slips away and the exhaustion of the journey to this place catches up.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 15, 2006, 07:03:55 pm
"A war? That'll only happen if your throwback species attacks the Ghulos for your public execution. Figuring how violent and unreasonable you are, if they're anything like you, that might be the case. And just as strong? Your race would be crushed, easily. And if assistance IS required, I'm sure they can bribe the Torpal into helping. Not like the Torpal need much of an excuse to go to war."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 15, 2006, 07:17:22 pm
Talgra could've easily replied with some crack about being trained, but oddly, nothing such. Talgra just fans his sail fin widely and doesn't reply at all.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 15, 2006, 09:57:41 pm
"All of you just shut the Zhixx up and stuff some cloth in your mouth. I had to stay a whole damn year here and as so I have the abillity to claim it as my property since I found it first, and everything here can be called mine. I havin't asked you all to just go off in a hole and die because I needed the help, while you, Talgra, have done nothing but whine about your non-existant rights, while you still just blew a whole straight through one of your team mates, you stupid ass. IF I wanted to, I could just say for you to get the **** off my planet before I sonicly blow up your little mindless fish head."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 15, 2006, 10:56:35 pm
And if assistance IS required, I'm sure they can bribe the Torpal into helping. Not like the Torpal need much of an excuse to go to war."

Gaff laughs, "You got that right."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 16, 2006, 01:16:21 am
"May I just reiterate that no one is keeping any treasure of scientific importance. You will all be paid a base fee plus a substantial bonus based on the value of artefacts we recover.
Talgra, if you want to talk about law then know this: endangering the interests of the ViS administration tends to attract the attention of the Sentinel droids. Killing anyone on a mission to uncover artefacts for study by the Administration is most definitely not helping. Now lets hear  no more about this matter and investigate those rocks."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 16, 2006, 07:13:37 am
Talgra just flashes a look at Liszt and says "We WILL be discussing this later, ViS."

With a wave of a hand, Talgra tosses over a small pellet from a packet of at least twenty over them.

"Ignore the first three pages, if you can read it at all..."

The pellet is a data key. Were Liszt to read the data upon it, he would find the first three pages contain data on Slack and the others all around contractual law and deals signed by Slack. The last few pages appear ammended recently and have a lot to do with Loricatii salvage law.

And with that, Talgra just walks towards the spire, gun raised again, this time looking for whatever had threatened them earlier.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 16, 2006, 09:13:00 am
A figure appeared silhouetted against the starlight at the top of the rocks; larger than the earlier one, there was a glint as its eyes caught the moon.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 16, 2006, 09:29:34 am
"Uhm, guys." says Quasqado, pointing at the figure on top the spire. At the height it is at, even with his nightvision, he has difficulty seeing it clearly. "Something up there."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 16, 2006, 10:05:40 am
"Exactly why we should get moving already!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 16, 2006, 12:21:45 pm
Talgra quickly raises the rifle, pointing it at the creature, but doesn't fire yet. Should it move though, he lets loose.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 16, 2006, 12:58:37 pm
Liszt points his scanner at it and awaits readings.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 17, 2006, 04:20:17 am
This time, the scanner isn't showing anything useful at all. The background radiation and other emissions obscures everything.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on August 17, 2006, 05:35:27 am
"Does anyone remeber what direction we're heading in? Surley we can follow older readings?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 17, 2006, 08:54:26 am
"How about our flying companion goes up high and takes a look? He could also take the scanner, record the readings, and bring them back for you to interpret."

Talgra still hasn't moved though, ready to fire at the creature if it moves.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 17, 2006, 08:56:35 am
Zhix only replies from the news of others, his sonar not far enough to actually tell anything about the creature "Its probably just another larger hunting lizard, we should just move before it decides that he would like to have mammals and fish for dinner."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 17, 2006, 09:15:43 am
Talgra just chuckles, keeping the gun aimed

"It doesn't want to eat us. It has a nest up there. It thinks we want to eat its babies."

Talgra smiles as he explains
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 17, 2006, 09:54:34 am
"Yeah mhm whatever, for such an enviromentist you must be stupid to not realise it still equals the same thing"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 17, 2006, 10:18:45 am
"For someone who thinks they know so much..."

He mutters, grinning

"It means something TOTALLY different. We don't go near, it doesn't attack. It wants to protect its babies, and as long as we stay clear of them, it won't dare move from its protective position so it can ensure their safety. We know its tactics better like that than if it were a marauding hunter and there's a good chance it won't try and attack us at all at this rate."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 17, 2006, 10:21:08 am
"We're going to have to throw a rock at it." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 17, 2006, 10:22:44 am
"What I was saying that it means that you should still shut your ViSing mouth shut and we should just move on"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 17, 2006, 10:30:58 am
"We can't move on without sensor readings."

Talgra then turns his attention, but not his eyes, to Quasqado.

"We want to AVOID this thing attacking us. If it goes for you, you can't run, so I doubt you want to attract its attention. Gaff or I might miss trying to shoot it and you'd most likely end up dead."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 17, 2006, 10:32:21 am
"If we throw a rock at it it'll go away, you just have to throw a big enough rock." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 17, 2006, 10:39:07 am
"No, it won't. Have you ever tried to attack a mother guarding its babies? Lets just say you better hit the first time because after that you won't get another chance. Besides, this thing has a right to defend its young and it won't attack us so long as we take proper precautions."

He says, explaining it as best he can.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 17, 2006, 10:42:39 am
"If we don't kill it and it's young that means there will be more ugly murderous beasties plaguing the universe." says Quasqado. "So we gotta throw a rock at it."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 17, 2006, 10:45:11 am
"This creature is no more murderous than you. It kills to survive, and right now, it killing you would fit in with that. How'd you like being classified as some murderous beast and having you, your family, your friends, all killed because someone thinks you're a threat? Hmm?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 17, 2006, 11:51:42 am
"I felt surprisingly calm actually."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 17, 2006, 12:28:27 pm
"I'm sure there's a story behind that..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 17, 2006, 12:44:30 pm
"No provocation. We will simply try to find the source of the intereference inamongst the scree the old fasioned way... and carefully. We dont want to have to fight off another reptile"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 17, 2006, 02:07:56 pm
"That scanner is wack."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 17, 2006, 03:48:57 pm
Liszt's words hit Talgra like a brick to the back of the head, probably what Quasqado wants to actually do.

"Wait, did I just hear what I thought I heard?" Talgra looks at Liszt curiously "Did you just say not to provoke it? Well, it seems I've misjudged you."

Although Liszt was probably just doing it to avoid unnecessary exertion and use of ammo, it was still preserving life, and that struck a chord.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 17, 2006, 05:26:40 pm
"Well we're still gonna have to go through it somehow." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 17, 2006, 09:37:50 pm
"You seems to all miss the fact that its 50 feet high! At that hight it shouldint even be able to land without breaking something and being defensless"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 17, 2006, 10:43:58 pm
"The thing can climb as fast as I can. I'm pretty sure it can climb back down..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 18, 2006, 01:32:56 pm
"Hadn't we planned on moving about 10 minutes ago?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 18, 2006, 01:44:51 pm
Liszt begins to slowly move toward the group of rocks...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 23, 2006, 12:18:45 pm
"Can I say it louder? LET'S GO."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 23, 2006, 12:20:21 pm
"Yes, for goodness sake. ive been slowly moving towards these rocks for what seems like forever!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 23, 2006, 12:24:38 pm
"Do you need someone to carry you, Lizst? You're not exactly the swiftest of us." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 23, 2006, 12:27:22 pm
The group emerged from the bushes and stood at the bottom of the rocks. It still looked climable, but the figure at the top had yet to stop watching them.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 23, 2006, 01:06:14 pm
"I don't think it's gonna move. Itchysore, throw a rock at it." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 23, 2006, 03:04:47 pm
"Throwing rocks is fun."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 23, 2006, 04:20:55 pm
Talgra just ignores Quasqado for a moment, and then tries another tactic. Summoning up every bit of instinctial rage he can muster, Talgra rushes upwards towards the top of the spire, climbing at blinding speed and roaring madly and slamming at full force into the creature, trying to knock it free from the perch so they'd fall and he could use the heavier creature to cushion his landing. He didn't want to kill it, just send it the message he was much stronger than it.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 23, 2006, 04:22:44 pm
"The person I would least expect to do that, does it."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 23, 2006, 06:37:35 pm
Seeing the huge Loricatus climbing the spire, the creature jumped down at him claws bared. Slamming together, they fell down the spire. Talgra sustained huge cuts from the creature's claws and from the fall, and the landing knocked the breath out of both of them. Rolling apart, the creature stood unsteadily and looked about to pounce again upon Talgra, who was lying on the floor dazed.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 23, 2006, 06:54:44 pm
Quasqado rushes (as fast as he can, his foot still hurts a bit) and attempts to leap upon the beast, to grab it around the throat and choke the breath out of it, assuming it breathes. Also, while running, he calls Talgra some rather naughty expletives.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 23, 2006, 07:10:56 pm
Talgra, in a blood frenzy, charges forward towards the beast, large jaw going for its throat and clamping down, bringing to bare the full bite strength of a Loricatus, effectively dropping ten tons down on the creatures neck while it was surrounded by short, pointy knives. Talgra also makes sure to use one of his large hands to hold the creatures mouth closed, ensuring it can't attempt the same on him.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 24, 2006, 03:32:58 am
As Talgra got up, the creature's stance changed warily, and it easily jumped to one side as Talgra lunged forward. As he passed, one of the creatures's claws raked his back opening up more cuts.

As it did so, Quasqado jumped into the fray and used his remaining arm to try to choke it. However, getting a grip was decidedly difficult and the creature bucked him off.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on August 24, 2006, 03:54:33 am
"Wait Quasqado! You could get hurt" Shouts Redblood and rushes in to help Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 24, 2006, 05:46:42 am
Liszt taps the scanner impatiently trying to geta readout on the creature.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 24, 2006, 07:01:13 am
Gaff sighs to himself, "Stupid loricatus..." as he brings his shoulder cannons to full-charge. Aiming near the back of the beast, so as not to hit anyone else, he begins firing, sending a stream of lasers flying towards its back legs...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 24, 2006, 09:19:17 am
Immediately, Talgra grabs the creatures tail, the armor he wears and his natural plating ensuring that the cuts, while still present, don't go deep. Drawing up his rifle again, he aims between the creatures legs and opens fire.

(And no that's not to be cruel, there's usually a lot of blood in that region)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 24, 2006, 10:26:03 am
Quasqado rises to his feet, and simply says "**** it. I tried." before sitting down and watching the show.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 24, 2006, 10:59:58 am
Blinx sits next to Quas, "now you know how I feel."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 24, 2006, 11:28:14 am
"There appears to be a marked difference between what Talgra thinks he can do and what he can actually do. This may seem callous but I wouldn't mind seeing him die. He's jeopardizing the mission..." adding "..Dave."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 24, 2006, 11:33:05 am
As Talgra attempted to grab the creature's tail, he got hit full force with one of Gaff's shoulder cannon bursts. The force sent him sprawling backwards, dazed with the blood loss and almost passing out from the scorching pain of the plasma burns on his chest. Gaff's second shot hit one of the creature's hind legs and it let out a loud roar of pain. Turning, it started to climb the spire swiftly as another figure appeared at the top. it had reached half-way by the time Redblood had reached the bottom.

Meanwhile, Liszt's scanner confirmed the creature to be of the same type as the one met previously, possibly the same individual. Ic-Fiske made a prompt exit back into the bushes behind.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 24, 2006, 11:36:16 am
Now missing a two foot portion of his sail fin, Talgra just growls, raises the rifle, and fires blindly, but then goes limp and fades into unconsciousness, finger not leaving the trigger and the rifle continuing to fire until it hits the ground. Immediatly, two small nubs rise from the wound, though each only about an inch long each. It was his bodies attempt to stem the tide and stop the bleeding.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 24, 2006, 02:02:14 pm
"Who the hell is Dave, Lizst?" says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 24, 2006, 02:05:10 pm
"I have no idea, i just trailed off for a bit, never mind"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 24, 2006, 02:07:47 pm
Blinx whispers to Quas, "I think the talking tofu is getting a bit crazy."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on August 27, 2006, 05:58:28 am
Redblood position him self to try to help Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 27, 2006, 06:00:21 am
The creature collected itself and turned on the rocks to face them once again. Bearing huge teeth, it snarled at the group.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 27, 2006, 06:03:37 am
Seeing an opening, Gaff fires several shots at its head...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 27, 2006, 06:07:08 am
Scorching and partially melting the rocks, the bursts of plasma illuminated the clearing and rocks like daylight. The creature managed to duck the first two, but the third caught it on the shoulder. Screaming again in pain, it looked upwards as the figure at the top of the rocks sprang down to join it. Together, they slank down the rocks in a predatory fashion towards the group.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 27, 2006, 08:08:42 am
"Now you've done it..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on August 27, 2006, 08:22:13 am
Unable to do much more, Gaff continues to fire at the approaching creatures, trying to steady his aim...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 27, 2006, 10:56:45 am
Quasqado gets a semi-bright idea. Collecting nearby bits of wood while everyone is embroiled in combat, he builds a small stack and attempts to light it with his defoliator, hoping the sticks aren't too damn. He's rather cold and gloomy and thinks a fire will cheer everyone up while they fight.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 27, 2006, 10:59:13 am
Blinx, who was still next to Quas. "A fire? Hmm... Good idea, it's high time I felt some warmth."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 27, 2006, 01:39:36 pm
As the fire blazes rapidly, it consumes most of the wood. Sparks drift, and catch in the nearby undergrowth which then blossoms into flame. As this happens, the creatures bolt around the spire out of sight.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 27, 2006, 01:42:17 pm
"At least the creatures are gone!" Blinx says, backing away from the wildfire.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 27, 2006, 01:43:53 pm
"Well, that worked nicely. Well done Mr Quasquado. Remind me to give you a bonus when we get back."

Liszt signals for the group to follow him and moves deeper into the rock formation.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 27, 2006, 03:08:54 pm
"Wait. Never leave a fire burning." says Quasqado, who soaks his pack in the water in the lake before wringing it out over the flame in order to kill it.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 27, 2006, 03:18:06 pm
"He gets a raise? Ah crap."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on August 27, 2006, 03:46:48 pm
"It dose not mean you get less my little Friend."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 27, 2006, 04:01:33 pm
"But he gets more."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 27, 2006, 04:11:26 pm
Unfortunately, Quasqado's actions do nothing to put the fire out. It blazes fiercly, and he jumps to avoid a burning falling branch dropping from a tree. The heat is picking up, and the clearing becomes illuminated.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 27, 2006, 04:37:50 pm
"Hmm, well, since we have a nice clearing fire that we cant move past, we either stay here or hopelessly try putting that out, and since were not a bunch' o sissy rangers, lets get out the marsh-goops"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 27, 2006, 09:11:38 pm
"Aw. Piss." says Quasqado, backing away from the fire. "Damnit. Crap."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 28, 2006, 05:32:33 am
"Everyone run deeper into the rock formation. Its only silicon, it isn't flammable"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on August 28, 2006, 08:11:47 am
Redblood follow Liszt orders.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 28, 2006, 10:34:43 am
(Is no-one gonna help Talgra? Considering he fought this thing off without much help until he got knocked out, is anyone thinking of saving him?)

Talgra merely lies unconscious, nose twitching at the smell of smoke.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 28, 2006, 10:50:02 am
"Redblood, pick up Talgra. Also, I'm gonna need help getting up the rocks. ONe arm. Not good." says Quasqado, hobbling near the rock face.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on August 28, 2006, 11:16:20 am
"As you wish"

Redblood Goes and grab Talgra.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 28, 2006, 10:15:49 pm
"Eh, leave her be, she was dumb enough to try restling with an animal while we still have some guns.... What an idiot" Zhix goes and pulls out some rocks.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 29, 2006, 09:22:35 am
Zhix couldn't pull any of the rocks away from the solid mass. The rest of the group followed Liszt and started to climb.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 29, 2006, 09:37:31 am
"Uhh, climbing?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 29, 2006, 09:46:15 am
"The key to being able to climb smooth surfaces well is being a gastropod. ViS can even cling to ceilings if theyre smooth enough"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 29, 2006, 09:48:59 am
"Yeah.... but I'm not a gastropod!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 29, 2006, 12:19:49 pm
Quasqado exclaims, "Yeah, so one of you is gonna have to help me. I'd be able to get up fine if I had two hands."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 29, 2006, 06:48:02 pm
Approximately ten minutes into the discussion of how to get Quasqado up the cliff, Talgra begins to wake up and grumbles softly

"Nrrph... Grrtash mrrack..."

Talgra's words are the Overcommon version of Loricatii, a version of their native language spoken out of water.

It takes a few moments, but shortly thereafter, Talgra is back on his feet and applying some sort of salve to the wound to prevent infection, wincing as he applies it.

"What'd I miss?" He asks once his mind returns to the moment
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 29, 2006, 08:29:06 pm
"Theres a fire and I got Redblood to save you from being burnt. Also I pretty much saved everyone from the monster-things." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 30, 2006, 08:21:19 pm
"Mehrmghh... Im getting tired of all this stuff" Zhix puts together his claws and punctures the cliff, then continues, climbing up.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 30, 2006, 08:25:43 pm
"You seem to have the indication that I'm stupid... So what's next on the agenda?" Talgra asks as the cream settles in the wound.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on August 30, 2006, 08:28:18 pm
"What? Oh yes, Im calling you stupid again, not at all bothered by the fact that ive had to do this same ruitine for two Torpling years, sided only by someone who I didint even know was robotic, yes, THATS IT!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 30, 2006, 09:33:04 pm
"Calm down weird thing." says Quasqado. "Stop crying so much."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 31, 2006, 01:03:32 am
"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to him." Talgra says, pointing to Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 31, 2006, 02:14:29 am
"Try to keep up"

Liszts voice is faintly heard from high up the spire where hes climbing with the others
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 31, 2006, 02:50:03 am
Eventually reaching the top, they too could see the large collection of mud and tree branches piled in the middle of a plateaux on the top of the spire. There were also several eggs here, one of which was broken.

The fire below was starting to burn out, but its brightness was almost matching that of the moon which hung large and white in the sky.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 31, 2006, 03:35:43 am
Liszt runs his scanner over the eggs to check for edibility
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 31, 2006, 03:42:46 am
The eggs have a height of approximately a metre from tip to base. The scanner, however, picks up absolutely nothing. All data has now been reduced to mere static.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 31, 2006, 04:19:03 am
"We appear to be directly on top of the source of the disturbance. Someone help move these eggs aside. I have a hunch"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on August 31, 2006, 05:28:20 am
Redblood goes and help Liszt.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 31, 2006, 06:04:45 am
Shifting the eggs aside, they reveal a smooth stone floor seemingly untouched by the dirt and moss growth which covered the surrounding area. In the middle was a grid of smaller stones set into the floor.
(http://img427.imageshack.us/img427/4035/arcadiapuzzlech0.png)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 31, 2006, 06:18:33 am
"2,5,5,1,1,1,4,5,4,4,1,4" says Liszt.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on August 31, 2006, 10:12:40 am
Warily, Talgra sniffs the stones, examining them closely, checking visually to see if any can be moved by hand.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 31, 2006, 10:22:26 am
"We finally found something. Smart guys, do something." says Quasqado, obviously not one for puzzles.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on August 31, 2006, 10:49:19 am
Blinx magically reached the top without any help, moans "puzzles, there was none of this in the job description!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on August 31, 2006, 10:59:56 am
"That, Miss Blinx, is why I was chosen to lead this expedition. Leave puzzles to me, we all have our purpose after all"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on August 31, 2006, 11:07:14 am
Quasqado scoots off to the side (but away from the ledge), so he doesn't cover up any part of the puzzle.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on August 31, 2006, 11:47:20 am
The stones seem set into the floor, and appear on brief visual inspection to be set in the same manner as the others surrounding them.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on September 01, 2006, 03:45:16 am
Talgra grins and quickly attempts to realign the stones to form the logical pattern in the shape.

(http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/849/tilesee8.png)

Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on September 01, 2006, 03:47:00 am
1. How is that logical?
2. They arent moveable as far as we know.
3. Grey tiles?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on September 01, 2006, 05:39:34 am
Talgra cannot move any of the stone squares that are set into the stone floor.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on September 01, 2006, 06:08:55 am
Liszt attempts to apply pressure to the stones, as if to push them like a button.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on September 01, 2006, 07:01:59 am
Listz found that whilst the black and white stones did nothing, the grey ones could be depressed.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on September 01, 2006, 07:05:49 am
"ahaa. Progress!"

Liszt experimentally pushes the first button on the left hand side of the bottom row.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on September 01, 2006, 07:07:41 am
It depresses, with a grind of stone on stone.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on September 01, 2006, 07:13:27 am
Liszt depresses the other grey stones thusly:

If the row above has a black tile in the upper three tiles of the row, he presses the upper grey tile. If there is a black tile in the lower three then he presses the lower grey tile. If there are no black tiles, he does not press the grey tile.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on September 01, 2006, 07:49:09 am
As he presses the next tile, the first one slides back outwards until it is flush with the others.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: chaosandwalls on September 03, 2006, 12:27:17 am
Xulmarab appears from a slight distortion in the air. " In case you'd frogotten, im still here" he murmmers, panting. He suddenly collapses on the ground. "So hungry... camofla... need energy" His voice fades and he starts breathing heavily
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on September 03, 2006, 12:32:21 am
"Oh Bugger. Do we have any rations for him?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on September 03, 2006, 12:58:41 am
"What are you talking about? I thought you were just nervous or some waste, you were wasting your time this whole time with camoflague? Didint you notice my complete lack of eyes and such?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on September 03, 2006, 01:30:17 am
"Whats the point in camoflage? Coward."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on September 03, 2006, 02:02:14 am
"I'm not entirely sure, but I think the eggs my be edible."

Says Liszt and turns back to the tiles, pressing one in the middle.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on September 03, 2006, 03:10:44 pm
Not being able to choose a middle stone out of the four to press, Liszt attempted to press them all simultaneously. He found that he couldn't.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on September 03, 2006, 03:18:52 pm
Liszt attempts to press each tile of the top row one after the other in order from left to right.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on September 03, 2006, 03:20:22 pm
Every time he pressed a stone down, it depressed. Every time he pressed the stone next to it, the previous stone rose again.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on September 03, 2006, 04:21:56 pm
"To bad I have no idea what that puzzle is, since your making such a rattle, im guessing its quite easy.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on September 03, 2006, 05:33:58 pm
"Maybe you gotta try to get the gray stones to be down in the same pattern as the black ones, Lizst.", says Quasqado, shrugging. "I'm not one for puzzles, but it seems like it's possible."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on September 04, 2006, 02:59:46 am
"the problem is that there are 48 black and white squres and only 16 grey ones... just replicating the pattern isnt possible."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on September 04, 2006, 12:07:00 pm
"Maybe you should just try clicking them in reverse order?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on September 25, 2006, 05:47:53 pm
"Lizst, try hitting it with something heavy. Maybe it'll break open." says Quasqado, growing impatient. "I feel like we've been waiting her for ages."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on September 26, 2006, 02:43:17 am
Talgra stares at the puzzla and then looks at Liszt with flattened eyes.

"Maybe you should stop guessing and start examining the patterns. Stars, planets, binary; these are the things species typically use for details. This is a pattern completion system, and whether any of those things were used in it, it's a safe guess that this is a pattern system."

Talgra just moves over, towering over Liszt to get a better view. Once he has examined it, he reaches a long finger out and tests it out "If this should work then my theory is correct..."

And with that, Talgra presses the top left grey square, then presses the one directly to its right, then the one after that to its right as well, carefully watching the reaction.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on September 26, 2006, 03:10:52 am
The exact same thing happened as when Listz tried the same thing not moments before. Each stone depressed as it was pushed, but pressing the one next to it caused the previous one to rise again.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on September 26, 2006, 03:13:38 am
"Curious..." Talgra nods, then presses the one directly below that stone. If it is to cause the other to rise, it means that there is no pattern, and so Talgra begins to raise a fist to test how strong these tiles are.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on September 26, 2006, 03:18:53 am
It depresses, and the one above rises.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Kratok on September 26, 2006, 10:47:02 am
"Im telling you, press them the other way, so they'll pop out"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 20, 2006, 12:42:41 pm
"Aaand, why are we doing this? I came for money and possibly adventure, not sudoku puzzles."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on November 20, 2006, 12:46:16 pm
"What's Sudoku?" says Ic-Fiske, who is standing idly by, running diagnostics on his exo-suit.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 20, 2006, 12:47:56 pm
"No idea, just random letters came into my head, no doubt it's some sort of puzzle somewhere in the multiverse."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on November 20, 2006, 12:50:04 pm
"No idea, just random letters came into my head, no doubt it's some sort of puzzle somewhere in the multiverse."
"The singers tell of a game invented on a far away world, invented by an ancient culture and marketed by an Interior decorator that became a smal craze. The point of this story is unclear, but I believe the endlessley fertile Carol Vorderman characater represents mother earth."
Tsem drummed his fingers as he shared his wisdom.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 20, 2006, 01:12:16 pm
There was an awkward pause.

"Okaaaaaay...." Blink wandered to the edge of the peak and looked over.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on November 20, 2006, 01:52:25 pm
Quasqado grunts. "Whoever built this damn thing obviously did it to confuse the hell out of anyone. "s probally a distraction. Why don't we try smashing it?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 20, 2006, 01:54:08 pm
"Smashing things won't get you anywhere when you have bulletproof armor." Said Blinx remembering happier times, like earlier on today...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on November 20, 2006, 01:56:48 pm
"Violence always works. As a great Ghulos philosopher once said, "When and doubt, smash and shout!"." says Quasqado, fondly remembering his childhood schooldays.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 20, 2006, 02:02:45 pm
"Smash away, my friend. Smash away."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on November 20, 2006, 02:31:03 pm
"Lizst will yell at me." says Quasqado. "You smash it. You're already in trouble for fighting everyone."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 20, 2006, 03:07:46 pm
"Smash it... How?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on November 20, 2006, 03:29:19 pm
"You can't smash it; you need explosives!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on November 20, 2006, 03:49:19 pm
"Just hit it with your feet and tail or something. Explosives will cause a rock slide, anyway. We're on a cliff. I'd like to stay up here. Instead of getting crushed under boulders." says Quasqado.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on November 20, 2006, 03:51:31 pm
"Why don't you hit it? You're one of the strong ones..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on November 20, 2006, 04:32:22 pm
As the indecision mounts, Talgra simply breaks the discussion with a single powerful blow to the table, swinging his weight to do the most damage he can.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on November 20, 2006, 04:46:23 pm
Hitting the stone floor does nothing except bruise Talgra's fist.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on November 20, 2006, 06:13:31 pm
Quasqado follows suit, as his hand is made of metal. He pounds on the table ferociously in the same spot.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 21, 2006, 08:34:11 am
Blinx chuckles at the sight then turns once more to face the cliff edge, thinking how she could possible get down there....
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on November 21, 2006, 08:36:45 am
"Well, I'm out of ideas... except smashing it. Did anyone brign any explosives?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on November 21, 2006, 01:22:28 pm
"We could always use my ship... It's an old one, but it has a meson weapon. With careful calculations, we could vaporize the top of this mountain without damaging anything underneath..."

Talgra explains, finding that idea far more preferable than wondering over a millenia old riddle.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 21, 2006, 01:59:45 pm
"Ooh. A mixture of mechanics and xeno-biology makes me keen to see alien ships"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on November 21, 2006, 04:30:31 pm
With that, Talgra begins to check for interference between the area and the ship. As they've moved from the water and are higher above ground, atmospheric interference should be at a minimum.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on November 22, 2006, 09:23:03 am
Whilst atmospheric interference was indeed minimised, the general broad-spectrum noise generated by the rock spire made any sort of contact nigh-impossible.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 24, 2006, 04:03:48 pm
After sitting still for a while, Blinx got up.

"Aaand now I really need to go!" She said and hurried to the less steep side of the hill. Slowly clambering down, she stood at a foothold about a meter below the top of the hill.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on November 25, 2006, 08:39:13 am
"...Is she expelling waste down there?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on November 25, 2006, 08:24:39 pm
"When you got to go, you got to go!"

Axon takes a look at the ancient puzzle.

“Damn it, why has there never been a precursor species that realised the awesome power of instruction manuals!”   ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on November 26, 2006, 07:54:02 pm
In a brilliant display of the Ptashki intellect, Pzhystan solves the puzzle...

"You see, the black parts are the prime numbers.

So to complete the bottom two rows, the picture would look like this:

(http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/PLSaari/solved.jpg)

And that is how you finish the last two rows. That is what we were supposed to do, right?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on November 26, 2006, 08:06:06 pm
Pressing the buttons down in order, there is a click and a loud grinding noise from the spire; the grid on the floor begins to slide slowly back, revealing a metallic recess underneath. Within the recess are several protrusions which start to glow. There is an audible hum.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on November 27, 2006, 09:43:38 am
"Ahh. Thank The Unspoken for that, I tire of sitting on this depressing little planet."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on November 27, 2006, 12:59:42 pm
Quasqado lets loose an audible gasp, followed by a bellowing cheer. "Finally! Some progress! I was figurin' we were going to starve to death and have to resort to cannibalism. Wait...no, not cannibalism, we aren't the same species. well, you know what I mean, right?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 27, 2006, 01:05:58 pm
After climbing back up, Blinx hears what Quas just said. She shakes her head slowly and walks past the group. Looking down into the hole, she sighs and slowly lowers herself on her tails down to , then starts slowly climbing down the opening.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on November 27, 2006, 02:24:21 pm
As Blinx stepped to the hole's edge, the glowing protrusions flashed with light. An image flickered in the darkness, hovering over the recess. Forming, it took Blinx's shape. Then, reforming, it took Pzhystan's. Then Talgra's. It flickered backwards and forwards between shapes, eventually settling on a one that was altogether too familiar and unsettling to each member of the group, sharing characteristics from each of their forms blended into one. From somewhere started a loud clicking sound that grated on the ears.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on November 28, 2006, 02:45:49 am
Redblood walk up and takes a look on what is going on.

"Odd magic. I do not like it." said Rebblood looking a little worried.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on November 28, 2006, 04:06:15 am
At first backing away and drawing his weapon, Talgra quickly calms at the shape identifier.

Soon, the calm becomes joyous laughter, as he realizes what it is doing "Wonderful! It is a first contact device!... Does anyone understand it?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on November 28, 2006, 04:12:21 am
"What makes you so sure? In my experience, which is somewhat greater than yours, it could really be anything."

Taking out his scanner Liszt does a sweep of the device.

"I believe that clicking sound may be a form of language our translator systems cant decipher"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on November 28, 2006, 05:06:31 am
"Use your senses, slug, and not your tools. Your intuition will tell you that it is one of two things: A warning or a means of contact. Maybe both depending on what this place was for. Since it took all our forms and merged them, I am guessing it is more a means of contact..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on November 28, 2006, 05:09:58 am
Liszt's scanner picked out through the increasing amounts of background static that the form was intangible, and apparently holographic. The clicking continued, turning slowly into bursts of buzzing.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 28, 2006, 06:00:33 am
Blinx touched the hologram gently, then swiped all her tails through it.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on November 28, 2006, 06:51:49 am
"It pays not to have your mind clouded by so called 'intuition'. Withhold judgement until enough data has been collected."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on November 28, 2006, 10:17:54 am
Blinx touched the hologram gently, then swiped all her tails through it.

The image flickered and was disrupted each time she did so. She met no resistance, but felt a warmth.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 28, 2006, 10:21:30 am
"Boring. Let's go, it's either back down the cliff or down that hole. Somebody flip a coin."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on November 28, 2006, 11:49:30 am
Quasqado listens to the clicking, trying to see if he can hear a pattern.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on November 28, 2006, 02:28:24 pm
"Logic and intuition are not mutually exclusive, and each has its times. Right now, I am the most armored of any of us, and seeing how things are, it makes sense I go in first."

Talgra then leans inside and looks for any hand-holds and foot-holds capable of supporting his weight, before proceeding to climb down into the darkness.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 28, 2006, 02:40:59 pm
"And I just wanna keep moving." Said Blinx and followed suite.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on November 28, 2006, 04:19:27 pm
Beginning to tire of Talgra's constant one-upmanship and macho stupidity. Liszt slid up behind him and delivers a shove strong enough to send the Loricatus plummeting down the hole.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on November 28, 2006, 07:32:42 pm
"Holy fraggin' crap. Since when are ViS that ripped?" exclaims quasqado after seeing Lizst's mighty shove. He then begins pondering the fighting style of a ViS pugilist.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on November 29, 2006, 02:13:08 am
More surprised than anything, Talgra's own body weight shifts him into the hole.

There is instantly a loud bang and a roar, followed by a hail of magnetic bolts flying from the hole, aimed at Liszt. Talgra had fired a bolt into the wall, then grabbed onto it, and was obviously annoyed. However, such a large creature then proceeds to examine if there is an END to this fall.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on November 29, 2006, 06:11:52 am
Blinx bursts out laughing and continues nimbly climbing, using her tails to swing swiftly downward. She passes Talgra relatively soon after he fell.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on November 29, 2006, 06:29:28 am
The bottom of what appeared now to be a metallic shaft down into the darkness could not be seen, the walls extending deep out of sight. Above, the hologram turned and appeared to be looking down at them, before the projection came down to Talgra's level. The pattern of buzzes became more intricate.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on November 29, 2006, 02:39:22 pm
Talgra quickly realizes something here, and hangs there, looking at the hologram. It wasn't a recorded message, at least not entirely; it was an AI, at the very least. Talgra attempts to communicate by attaching his communications mask over his mouth again, and starts using simple tones to indicate distress, letting him recieve some form of way down if it can be helped in any way.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on November 29, 2006, 02:59:35 pm
"That guardian ghost that i guess some Tecnomancer have put to guard this place really makes me worried. Listz you seem to know how things like that works. Could you not banish it or at least tell us what i whant?" Ask Redblood as he looked once again at the hologram.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on December 02, 2006, 06:43:51 am
"Well, I would be able to if all this intereferance wasnt disrupting my equipment. Mister Talgra, its safe to let go. The fall wouldnt do anything more than give you moderate injuries, the Doctor can patch you up..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 03, 2006, 05:07:50 am
"You have fewer bones than me. You'd suffer less harm when you hit the ground.." Talgra mutters, but the mask makes it impossible to understand, unless he has a translator or a very good understanding of Loricatii. When he recieves no help from the hologram, Talgra simply continues to grapple down, firing about his body length down, then hopping over and grasping onto the bolt, rappelling his way to the ground.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 03, 2006, 06:22:50 am
Blinx waited back for a while until Talgra caught up with her.

"You have to admit. That was pretty hilarious."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on December 03, 2006, 03:11:48 pm
They had climbed only a few tens of metres down when they were virtually enveloped in darkness. The meagre starlight was not enough to illuminate properly the narrow shaft. Below them still no bottom could be found. The hologram, seeing them descend, rose back to the surface and resumed its intermittent buzzing.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 03, 2006, 03:29:29 pm
Talgra removes the speech-mask and calls back up "I cannot see the bottom to this place! Someone fire down a shot! And remember, two of your companions are down here so be careful!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: operaghost21 on December 03, 2006, 04:10:44 pm
"One flare, coming right up..."
Aiming as best he can, Gaff charges a blast from his shoulder cannon and fires downward, illuminating the shaft.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on December 03, 2006, 06:19:39 pm
Quasqado grunts. "I'm nocturnal. I'd go down there but I'm kinda incapacitated. Redblood, you wanna help me down?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on December 04, 2006, 02:05:58 am
Gaff's shoulder cannon does little to illuminate the shaft, and succeeds more in partially blinding the pair, and almost hitting Blinx.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 04, 2006, 02:41:52 am
(Has Blinx even touched the bottom yet?)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on December 04, 2006, 03:24:26 am
OOC:

(Has Blinx even touched the bottom yet?)

I thought you'd stopped. And no, anyway. Please use the OOC thread :-\
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on December 04, 2006, 07:58:40 am
"I will try and help you" said Redblood to Quasqado.

Redblood tries his best to help down.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 04, 2006, 08:53:53 am
Blinx shouts back up to the Torpal. "I'm not even gonna ask if that was on purpose."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on December 04, 2006, 11:43:00 am
Quasqado and Redblood slowly make their way down the shaft together, Quasqados eyes adjusting to the darkness. He looks below him, to see if he can discern anything.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 04, 2006, 12:28:57 pm
Blinx yawns and looks up at the night sky far above.

"Am I the only one who needs sleep here?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 04, 2006, 01:56:41 pm
Talgra just looks down and stares "Something tells me that Blinx is not going to survive when she hits the ground..."

At this point, Talgra checks his chronometer to see approximately what time it is.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 04, 2006, 01:58:02 pm
"Haha. Natural instinct to hold on if I fall asleep. Omic are natural climbers."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on December 04, 2006, 02:03:03 pm
Meanwhile, Pzhystan is hovering calmly down the shaft, hiding a smirk, now sure of the superiority of flying sapients.

"Let me see if I can help," says Pzhystan, shining his medical laser down the shaft, in hopes of seeing the signature red dot on the cavern floor.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 04, 2006, 02:04:34 pm
Hey Pzhystan, stop flying and drop. We'll know where the bottom is when we hear the thump."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: stuck on December 04, 2006, 02:10:11 pm
Pzhystan almost stops hovering for a second, but then catches himself.

He whirs the laser around and singes some of the Omic's hair. "Funny," is all he says. The laser returns to aiming at the bottom, and Pzhystan squints and tries to see something.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 04, 2006, 02:12:04 pm
"Damn it! It's gonna take me several hours to fix this..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on December 05, 2006, 05:10:56 am
Thinking to himself, Liszt opens his briefcase and brings out a large tarp which was to be used in the construction of the base camp. Taking a knife he carefully cuts a small hole in the top and some strips down the side, essentially making a primitive parachute. It wouldnt slow the fall of anything heavier than a ViS, and even then it wouldnt be particularly stable, or slow the fall that much. Luckily the ViS didnt have skeletons, and the fact their internal organs were limited meant impacts of that sort did little to phase them. Tying the edges around his waist he crawled to the edge of the shaft and dropped down.

"Jump on Miss Blinx!"

He shouted as he decended...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 05, 2006, 10:58:40 am
Blinx shrugged and hopped on .
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on December 05, 2006, 11:42:46 am
Quasqado's eyes are adjusted enough to see the descending Blinx and Lizst. "Hey, do you have any flashlights in there for everyone?" he calls out at they drift down.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on December 05, 2006, 03:45:39 pm
"There are lights in my case. We'll try to make sure its safe to land down there!"

replied Liszt, before his voice became faint with distance.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Jack Zetter on December 06, 2006, 03:07:43 am
Axon looks down the hole.

"Whats all the fus about?

Have any of you tried infiltrading a Garr-Narl pirate ship, using the ventilation airways?"   8)

Axon says with a smile as he grabs the side of the hole with one of his graspers and start rapelling down the hole with his arm becoming a thin line.

(having a nano suit as a body is handy)   ;)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on December 06, 2006, 05:24:17 am
As they climb down, the hologram disappears. Those in the group sensitive to changes in air pressure feel it suddenly start to increase sharply.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 06, 2006, 01:56:13 pm
"If there's any gold down there I call it."

Says Blinx, hopefully eyeing below her.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on December 07, 2006, 05:24:05 am
"whatever reason could you possibly have for wanting such an intrinsically valueless metal, miss Blinx?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 07, 2006, 08:48:35 am
"It's sooo shiny."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on December 07, 2006, 08:59:51 am
Talgra's chronometer registered that the local star was approximately at its nadir relative to their location on the planet.

Suddenly, and with little warning even with lights shining downwards, Blinx and Liszt are hit from below very heavily as a platform rises at no slow speed. The platform's rise swiftly approached Talgra and the others.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on December 07, 2006, 11:46:49 am
"That ****ing makes thing's easier." says Quasqado, wishing he had been more patient. "Redblood, get ready to jump on it when it get's close enough.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 07, 2006, 12:36:15 pm
"Aaaah..." Blinx stumbled around for a minute. "This isn't good..." She frowned and looked up and at the rapidly approaching  Quas and Redblood,
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Yokto on December 07, 2006, 02:06:55 pm
Redblood ready him self to jump aboard.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 08, 2006, 01:04:38 am
There is a loud clang as Talgra undoes the bolt in the wall and lets himself fall onto the platform, the entire ton and a quarter weight of the creature hits the metal.

To avoid problems, Talgra lowers one of his massive hands to Blinx "I'm guessing you don't want to be on a small platform with that many feet."

While leaving the hand extended, Talgra undoes each bolt as it approaches the top, each nearlly clipping the platform, and adds them back to the clip, which is no easy feat with only one hand available.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on December 08, 2006, 09:24:50 am
Liszt, who had been somewhat flattened by the sudden appearance of the platform, slowly regained his original shape as fluid was redistributed through the bladder system supporting him.

"Well, that was unexpected... perhaps we should simply have waited at the top of the shaft. Talgra, you really must stop falling down every pit we come across."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 08, 2006, 10:09:54 am
Blinx laughed and stepped onto Talgra's hand. (She is getting used to being "handled" :D)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 08, 2006, 03:22:42 pm
"You may be familiar with someone named Quasqado who pushed me too far Liszt. Do you remember what happened when he angered me enough? Quasqado, walk over here and tell Liszt what happened."

Talgra reminds Liszt of just how violent the inner beast can become when things like that happen. Talgra raises his thumb and last finger, stabilizing Blinx so she doesn't fall from his hand, while checking that the rifle is loaded with the other.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on December 08, 2006, 03:25:16 pm
Quasqado lets go on Redblood and falls onto the platform on his feet. "Shutup Talgra. Mr. Lizst is the boss here. You're lucky he doesn't harvest you for mass and turn you into a delicious pastry, or something like that. So, does this thing go down, or is it a one way trip? Cuz that'd be a bummer."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 08, 2006, 03:28:28 pm
"If I'm right and my instinct proves true, we should head down any minute with this hologram trying to tell us things. And you should be reminded well that you may have sold your soul to Liszt but I have no such obligation. Still, I don't want to get into that again..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on December 08, 2006, 03:30:47 pm
"Souls aren't made of matter and thus are no use to the ViS. He hired me because I'm smart enough to listen and do my job, which is quite hard with jerks like you having ego-trips all the time." says Quasqado, blinking his good eye." Mr. Lizst, I get the feeling there's going to be something bad down there. Is it alright if Talgra get's to go first?"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 08, 2006, 03:35:45 pm
"If he's going first don't presume I'm coming with him!"
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 08, 2006, 03:37:26 pm
"Don't worry Quasqado, I'll protect you from the big, bad beasties. The brave always go first after all."

Talgra grins slowly, readying the gun again for whatever they may face.

"And do not feel worried Blinx. I will place you in the hands of anyone here or on the ground before I disembark. I do not wish to harm you."
Title: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on December 08, 2006, 03:41:50 pm
"Don't confuse idiocy with courage, Talgra." says Quasqado, grinning behind his mask. "If you want you can ride with me, Blinx. We're both the most incapacitated at the moment." he adds, waving his stump, the burnt end of which is starting to heal, slowly.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on December 08, 2006, 05:47:48 pm
Of the 766 non-ViS collegues I have worked with at the agency, 729 of those that 'went first' died agonising deaths. 699 had an intelligence rating of lower than 0.11. I'll let you make your own assumptions Talgra.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 09, 2006, 10:16:02 am
"None of them were Loricatii, ViS. We're tougher stuff than slugs."

Talgra hands over the tiny creature in his hand to Quasqado before readying the weapon.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Mr. Consideration on December 09, 2006, 10:26:11 am
"I agree with Talgra. Courage may not be something of logic, but bit is a worthy attribute. Someone must go first, and bets it is the strongest. The Unspoken Smile on You, Talgra."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 09, 2006, 10:28:56 am
"Hi again Quas...."

Blinx's eyes were becoming heavy.

(Obviously a rodents metabolism would make Blinx want to sleep more than anyone else.)
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on December 09, 2006, 12:06:59 pm
"Mr. Lizst, I suggest that when we reach the bottom we take a short period of rest? Blinx is getting sleepy, and I'm sure it'd be easier to explore after a refreshing nap."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 09, 2006, 01:43:00 pm
"Yeah...  What he said..."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on December 09, 2006, 01:47:11 pm
"Agreed. Everyone seems fatigued. Provided there is a safe spot at the base of the shaft we can rest for a few decacycles. Talgra, since you seem eager and not in the slightest bit tired, you can stay up and keep watch. Don't worry, I'll be there to keep you company, I had a centicycle of sleep on the ship last week and I wont need to again for several centirotations." 
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: emmet on December 09, 2006, 01:56:30 pm
"Wake me if you ne..."

Blinx drops off.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on December 09, 2006, 04:48:14 pm
At the sight of a sleepy omic, Quasqado openly "aaaaws."
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 09, 2006, 05:04:29 pm
Talgra nods slowly. Though Talgra hadn't slept in quite some time, it didn't show. His great ancestors, the Loricatus Morsus, were known to go days without sleeping while tracking large prey.

Talgra slumps down slowly and rests against the rifle he carries, trying to meditate. It would allow some degree of rest while still staying awake and aware. Before entering the trance, Talgra begins to pray. It's not conventional prayer, but in fact takes the form of slow, low, bellowing notes that almost form a haunting and rather beautiful song. It almost is akin to cetacean songs on other worlds. It does not translate entirely well outside of water, but it is enjoyable none the less.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on December 09, 2006, 05:46:23 pm
Please Talgra, this is neither the time nor the place. You realise that if there are any hostile aliens down there youve just unfailingly alerted them to our position?
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on December 09, 2006, 06:39:21 pm
At Talgra's song, the hologram (which had disappeared after being resolutely ignored) flicks back on, accompanied by sound.

"Isssz heer awl bee. Dis." Somewhere, a motor whirred.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Xarionis on December 09, 2006, 08:08:28 pm
"Oh great. Now it's gonna kill us or something. Thanks, Talgra." whispers Quasqado, clutching Blinx in the metal fortress of his fingers.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 10, 2006, 12:35:14 am
Talgra listens and shakes his head, halting his prayer for now.

"That's not a warning. That's an attempt at communication..."

Talgra stands and begins to attempt to communicate. With low moans and clicks, Talgra replies in his native tongue, waiting for the holograms response to his inquiry: Who are you? He hopes it can understand...
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Krakow Sam on December 10, 2006, 06:50:45 am
"Sorry to disturb your touching 'we come in peace' moment Talgra but there are procedures to be followed in situations like this."

Lizst begins to speak clearly and steadily, rattling off a series of apprently nonsensical phrases in Standard. These phrases had been designed by the agency to be very easy for most foreign translation technologies to get a handle on, so they could begin to decipher whatever it was they were faced with.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Axelgear on December 10, 2006, 12:18:56 pm
Talgra just leans on his rifle now and smiles. He knows eventually a creature with the Liszts thought capacity will realize that the language barrier between Standard and a Cetacean click-tongue language would be so different that, even if this machine had the ability to understand new languages, the two are so distant it would take far longer than the moments they had. The Loricatii only managed first contact based on sign language, after all.
Title: Re: Arcadia
Post by: Daxx on December 11, 2006, 11:15:30 am
The hologram responded: "Bee turoo unduh nex", followed by some clicking which even Talgra couldn't fathom.
Title: Re: Arcadia