Author Topic: Scientology Discussion  (Read 36466 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: Scientology discussion
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2008, 05:06:13 pm »
Well maybe they can annihilate each other with some vigilantly war or something. :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2008, 05:33:07 pm »
yeah i agree about anon, but regardless of how the movement was born, im glad its alive
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2008, 07:06:30 pm »
i dabbled in hacking for a while, but as far i was concerned it to risky to use for anything more than pranks on friend's websites. anyway i don't accept the activity of ruining peoples lively hoods for "lulz". But their ideas on morality, no matter how "evil" they may sound are true, also it wouldnt hurt my feeling to see scientology struggle a bit, simply because i disdain tom cruise and it is responsible for chef's leaving south park  :'(
Kings 2:23-24 --- The Holy Bible
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 09, 2008, 10:01:14 am »
an interesting story.  I was telling a friend about all this stuff a few days ago.  Turns out she had a job interview for a teacher position for a school of "appled scholastics"  They told her it was a holistic approach to western education, that the teacher was more hands off and the kids lived at the school in a camp.  She was also told that shed see the kids only once a week.

For those that don't know how it works from as young as they age 5 the kids can see there parents once a week and school that isn't the churches indoctrination once a week.  They live in a camp secluded from there outside world.

(now there are various levels of commitment to the church.  Not every single parent does the whole once a week visitation and not all of them choose the churches school over public school.  But it is encouraged.)

Applied scholastics is an educational system l Ron hubbard created, and some of it actually makes sense:

word clearing: you can never move on in the education of a subject if there is a single word you don't know.
Not enough mass:  if you're having trouble understand a subject its because you need to feel the mass of it (learning about ships, touch a ship)
If you're getting lost there need to be more gradual steps between 1 and 2.
The ideas by themselves are actually effective. 

The problem is they pimp it out to charter schools and even public schools.  The educators who have to go to seminars to learn this method, often complain of pressure to take more Scientology classes and feel its an indoctrination of them.

Never once did they mention that this was a scientologist school.  they try to deny that the two are connected, but its easy to figure out because applied scholastics is under scientologys tax exempt umbrella.  I showed her on the web how the two were linked. 

If anyones interested in the protests, you should probably figure it out today, google or youtube for more info.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 09, 2008, 10:35:55 am »
Anonymous are not hackers, thats just the media adding random bull**** for a dramatic spin. But saying they're a bunch of interne-jaded online trolls doesnt cut it. Especially when you can open news stories with fabricated things like "Attack, destroy, kill, this is the creed of anonymous" and paste in unrelated clips of vans exploding.

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 09, 2008, 11:06:03 am »
i couldn't believe the exploding vans in that news report...  it had nothing to do with anything...  you couldn't even call that a bias...  just random exploding vans

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 09, 2008, 11:51:06 am »
This whole discussion needs to end. We cant all just bash Scientology because its different from the majority if forum members religion. Unless you feel its ok for me to bash all religion.  >:(
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 09, 2008, 12:06:06 pm »
The belief behind Scientology is a lot more realistic than most other religions, the only problem with sceintology is the actual system which it is run. What the hell has Aliens making the world have to do with psycriatic treatment?
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 09, 2008, 12:19:25 pm »
The belief behind Scientology is a lot more realistic than most other religions

wat

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 09, 2008, 12:39:10 pm »
Christianity and other deitic religions: Dude in the sky uses magical powers to create earth/ naked people in seven days
Sceintoligy: Alien race creates Earth using tools made by them.

Which one seems more likely? (Even though both of them are insanely improbable)

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #85 on: February 09, 2008, 01:02:03 pm »
They're both so far into the realm of unlikelihood that any comparison is moot.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 09, 2008, 01:04:30 pm »
You forgot the aliens souls floating around and possessing people.  And the space ships that look like planes.  And brainwashing souls in cineplex's.  And they were written by a science fiction writer.  At least other religions didn't know any better.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2008, 01:05:48 pm »
Christianity and other deitic religions: Dude in the sky uses magical powers to create earth/ naked people in seven days
Sceintoligy: Alien race creates Earth using tools made by them.

Which one seems more likely? (Even though both of them are insanely improbable)
I see no difference.

And Scientology is laughable. They will never win from Freedom of Speech! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

NOTE: Dr. Croccer has been sent to a gulag in Central Siberia to have his incorrect views ''corrected''.

All praise Lord Xenu.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2008, 01:10:18 pm »
If Scientology was the main religion all the way back to WhateverBC, and some guy proposed Christianity, we'd all think he was a nut, wouldn't we?

All religions are screwed.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2008, 01:19:30 pm »
yes but I think the point here is not many of christian and jewish people get mad when I make fun of their religion if you even say scientology is a hoax or something they unleash a pack of wild hounds on you