Author Topic: Hello all!!! .. arghh I am sooo pissed :(  (Read 14710 times)

Offline Crossover

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Re: Hello all!!! .. arghh I am sooo pissed :(
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2006, 09:33:57 pm »
I could be wrong, because I don't really know how everything runs in the gaming inudstry. But it sounded as he didn't want to make the 07 sound as a definite. Atleast thats sort of the feeling I got watching one video with WW. Do you think they could be over estimating just to be sure everything falls in place right? I mean, this game is a huge leap forward in gaming where most details are made by the player.

It's kind of aggrevating for me to hear that this is coming out next year. I'm not a big video gamer, but this one has really caught my attention.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2006, 09:37:21 pm »
I could be wrong, because I don't really know how everything runs in the gaming inudstry. But it sounded as he didn't want to make the 07 sound as a definite. Atleast thats sort of the feeling I got watching one video with WW. Do you think they could be over estimating just to be sure everything falls in place right? I mean, this game is a huge leap forward in gaming where most details are made by the player.

It's kind of aggrevating for me to hear that this is coming out next year. I'm not a big video gamer, but this one has really caught my attention.

It's caught everyones attention.  That is why we must let them work on it some more.

Offline Crossover

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2006, 09:42:26 pm »
lol Well I understand that, otherwise we wouldn't be having this disucssion, right? Maybe I used the wrong wording.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2006, 09:50:29 pm »
Ugh, are you frickin joking? Did you not see the glaring glitches in the videos. Locking up, clipping, invisible creatures, the glaring lack of underwater/air creatures or how about the animation tweaking.

All I've seen you do, JakeCourtney, since I got here, is complain about how flawed SPORE is.

Here's a f'king hint, brighteyes. IT IS INCOMPLETE.

It has glitches and flaws and bugs because it's NOT FINISHED YET.

If all you want to do is complain about some game that's not even finished being built yet, please turn off your computer, crawl under your bed, and scream down an air-vent; because it'll have the same effect on eliminating the bugs as complaining here, but we won't be bothered with your whining.
Dude we all love to rag on JakeCourtney but that was just stupid.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline slugfly

• Time Pilot Trekker
    • View Profile
    • SporeFanatic
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2006, 09:55:33 pm »
The game isn't finished of course, but even if it was I think EA would be pushing it back till next year.  Spore is going to be a big money-maker for EA and although money coming in is always good, there's balances to make and it would be better for EA to have it released at the start of the next fiscal (financial) year.  I'm not an economist and mostly just talking through my arse, but this is the interpretation I've taken from some articles I've read.

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2006, 10:04:20 pm »
???
JakeCourtney's post was more in line than yours. The truth is there are bugs and they need to be fixed. He's not saying the game is flawed because it has bugs. Back on topic, EA is showing its more human side by pushing it back. Now we'll have a game of lasting playability and good quality. Knowing EA, they'd pressure it for a Christmas release and we'd end up with 2 years worth of patching. I've waited for a year without complaining, it's time others followed suite.

Doesn't matter, I don't agree positively so I take the heat for it.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2006, 10:08:08 pm »
Just speaking up here: I think NO-ONE can say when Spore is coming out. Will has said multiple release dates repeatedly, as has EA, as has everyone on the internet. This game has gone from November this year to May of the next and back again. We really should just wait and see.
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline lololo

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2006, 10:14:05 pm »
It sounds like EA has given Will the go ahead to take as long as he needs with the quote, "Don't screw it up" - basically giving him as much time as he needs to make it perfect. EA knows what Will can do(look at the Sims' sales) and I'm sure they respect him enough not to rush him. It will come out when its ready, just be patient.

Offline Holiace

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Leader of Tuerero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2006, 10:15:43 pm »
OMG! I'll be 17 when this game is released... I want Spore now:P
Victor 6om6a, the Leader of the Tuerero system (http://www.sporewiki.com/Content:Tuerero)

Offline JakeCourtney

• Vanguard Venturer
  • The Godfather
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2006, 10:29:34 pm »
I'm as patient as can be.

Offline Skraeling

• Akalabeth Addict
  • My what big teeth I have.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2006, 10:38:15 pm »
Man that'll be a cluster fock for me graduate college the same month spore comes out roughly :\

No, really.  I am a card carrying scientist.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2006, 10:47:44 pm »
I'll be in University by the time it comes out at this rate. I don't wanna have to wait until I'm 16!
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.

Offline Aut

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2006, 10:49:26 pm »
Spore might make me fail my freshmen year in college if it comes out during exams.

Offline lololo

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2006, 10:54:59 pm »
Heh, I'm worried about that too Aut. I'm already lazy enough as it is(I once turned in a paper an entire semester after it was due, but still passed the class with a B :D), its gonna be rough trying to concentrate on finals.

Offline Full_Metal

• Adventure Ace
    • View Profile
    • Vector Hates You All!
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2006, 11:12:34 pm »
Given a choice between a game in my hands now with numerous holes in the gameplay, and something rock-solid a year later, I'll always wait the year. Any game with too many bugs is so aggrivating I'll toss it out the window. Much as it pains me to wait (if it goes into next summer I'll have graduated from college before then :() I'm sure having what's in the Maxis office right now as-is would be 10 times as painful.