Author Topic: Guild Wars  (Read 72057 times)

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars
« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2008, 02:26:40 pm »
I know that all too well my poor little warrior got stuck on some quest on the kournan continent and it turned into such a large mess involving him losing his good armor and weapons

So I restarted with a dervish named Legendary Kaizer
I dont know what my second profession will be since I dont know what will mesh well with dervish's enchantment spam fight style

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2008, 02:45:44 pm »
Hell, I'd install again, maybe.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2008, 03:18:02 pm »
My laptop is too crappy to run GW now :-(

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2008, 07:12:16 am »
I've decided for my dervish to focus primarily on mysticism and scythe mastery and taking up some death mastery for his necromancer secondary profession.

I found it works pretty good zealous renewal allows me to get my aoe damage in then the mana I need to summon my minions

Still working out kinks in the build though  :)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2008, 04:30:28 am »
Thought I'd point out, for those of you who haven't played in a while, that the Guild Wars third year Anniversary is currently underway, so if you have a character that's three years old, you should log in to get your present.   :)  The boardwalk is open, and birthday cupcakes are randomly dropping from enemies.

They've also finally added an end game area to the original campaign, so instead of just being kicked back to one of the towns upon completing the game, you'll be taken to a special area for a little celebration, like with all of the expansions, and of course you'll recieve a talisman to trade in for a unique weapon.

And if you aren't a fan of green weapons, you can craft custom Gold versions for 10k, 10 Steel and 10 Deldrimor steel.  So expect the prices of those crafting materials to sky rocket.   :)

Offline Poised

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2008, 03:18:45 am »
As always, the guild wars events are excellent, they put so much effort into them.
I like their minigames, they are so simple, but have so much room for tactics and execution, the rollerbeetle derby is great, pointless but great, I finally managed to echo a super rollerspeed buff and won by miles and miles :)

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 25, 2009, 12:18:04 pm »
Is anybody still playing this?
I recently bought Prophecies, and now I'm playing with Yossitaru almost every (European) evening. We're currently around level 11, a Ranger/Elementalist and a Mesmer/Necromancer. If anybody wants to join, feel free. :)
If there's a lot of interest, we could start up new characters, but I'd prefer to continue playing my R/E.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 28, 2009, 12:17:46 pm »
Seems interest in the game really has waned. If you're reading and do still play but don't feel like responding here, you can PM me in game by the name "Yos The Mystical" or Didero as "Didero Diderion" if we're on. If we get enough people and playing on a fairly consistant time, we could even get a guild of some sort up and running.
Virus Buster.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 28, 2009, 12:21:07 pm »
I should dig up my factions disk.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 28, 2009, 01:21:33 pm »
If you can't find your disk, you can always get the client from the website right here.

Also, which campaigns do you own? If it's only Factions, then I could very well play with you, but we'd have to do PvP for all three of us to get together.
Virus Buster.

gec05

« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2009, 04:21:04 pm »
I'm still playing this on a regular basis now. I even made a Gaming Steve guild a while back but disbanded it since no one here plays this.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2009, 04:40:24 pm »
I remember loving the PVP aspect of this game.  Is it possible to be effective without purchasing the X-pacs?

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 16, 2009, 05:02:09 pm »
Gec: When do you play? Maybe we could team up and do some things together.

Dan: The skills offered in the other campaigns as well as the expansion have pretty much become almost assumed in most high levels of play due to the different functions they offer. If you are interested exclusively in PvP, they do offer the PvP Access Kit (allows access to all character types regardless of what you own for PvP) at $19.99 USD, which includes 60 unlocks. Furthermore, they also offer skill unlocks, priced at $9.99 USD each, allowing you PvP access to all skills regardless of what campaigns you own. The only exception imposed as far as I'm aware (aside from this not affecting your PvE access in any way) is that you still can not access the campaign specific PvP of Factions (Alliance Battles, Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry). Also, I'm not sure if it will allow you to access heroes without Nightfall or Eye of the North, but I am thinking that it does, but you still need to unlock them seperately (with Balthazar Faction).
Virus Buster.

gec05

« Reply #238 on: April 16, 2009, 08:23:14 pm »
Get the PvP unlock packs and Factions campaign alone. You can probably do without the hero battles, but you may be able to use them without NF or EotN. You can unlock them with the factions you earn while battling.

gec05

« Reply #239 on: May 09, 2009, 04:02:49 pm »
If you guys are still on the sidelines you should really jump in. Me and Yos would be happy to help you guys through. You can get all 3 campaigns for as much as a normal PC game now. We're trying to get a group of GS members here.

We started a new guild of me and Yos. I sent Didero and Mae an invite, you guys need to come.