Author Topic: BIG NEWS FROM WILL WRIGHT!  (Read 59027 times)

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
Re: BIG NEWS FROM WILL WRIGHT!
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2006, 03:47:37 am »
hey man, really great news. i think that will should take a more active roll on this site, like maybe reply to the sporpgs in the forum games. now that would be cool.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 03:03:19 am by SBD »

Offline alti

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Alturian empire
    • View Profile
    • art collection
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2006, 11:05:56 pm »
thats crazy, want me to draw up some naucians ?
-alti

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2006, 08:30:46 am »
good luck hydro..
did he say he will pick any other creatures from the site ;)
Under construction

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2006, 08:47:54 am »
Hydro, are you going yourself, or is Will sending you a video with footage of it, or pictures, or anything at all?

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2006, 08:55:47 am »
well, I think Hydro does have a job doing graphics with a computer company (I forget exactly, but I know he did say something about doing computer or game graphics), so its possible he could go, but its going to be up to his schedule although he does live in LA and the GDC and later E3 is in LA.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2006, 09:36:49 am »
thats crazy, want me to draw up some naucians ?
Obviously I'm not Hydro but I do enjoy seeing other people draw established creatures (like Hugg's version of the naucean and baobas) Its a free country after all ;).
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Jayce

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2006, 09:47:02 am »
Hydro and Areku for president!

Seriously, gratz guys and as another poster said, things like this are what make the internet great. You never know, a job offer might be next  ;)

Offline Jedimutant

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Peek-a-boo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2006, 11:28:35 am »
Probably already been said, but here goes...
I wonder if he frequents the other sites too.
He should go see the HEIL WW game on planetspore.....
Now Playing; Sid Meier's Pirates! Pokemon Emerald. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time: MasterQuest.

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2006, 11:41:30 am »
My eyes, what did you do with my eyes :O

Heil? Sounds really nazis
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2006, 02:54:00 pm »
Hydro, are you going yourself, or is Will sending you a video with footage of it, or pictures, or anything at all?

Well its too expensive for me to go as well as a little too far. As for sending me anything I have no idea. *crosses fings* one can only hope. However GDC did post his last speech, so eventully the public will get to see. ALso their is Gaming Steve reporting for us :D Hopefully he will bring back good info.

well, I think Hydro does have a job doing graphics with a computer company (I forget exactly, but I know he did say something about doing computer or game graphics), so its possible he could go, but its going to be up to his schedule although he does live in LA and the GDC and later E3 is in LA.

Nope i did not. I am just a Game Art and Design Major student at AIO. So Will if ya need an addtion to ya team i would more than happy to be hired *hint hint* And the GDC is not by LA its in  San Jose, California.  San Jose is just south of San Francisco and is just to far for me to go.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 02:58:36 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2006, 02:57:36 pm »
yea but I hope they don't wait months to release the GDC vid as they did last time. I honestly don't know whats up with the last one bieng released in August, but I hope the GDC vid for this one is released a few weeks after.

Offline Omnipotence

• Galaxian Guru
  • Don't wish doom on your enemy, Plan It!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2006, 03:05:04 pm »
Like everyone else I congratulate you, you've been a great member of the forum
and all the art and stuff has really made the lull periods lots of fun!!!!

THANKS!!!!
(and congrats again! ;))

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2006, 03:32:33 pm »
I forget exactly how I found this forum, but I do remember the first thread I ever clicked on was Hydro's Creature Index...  Therefore, the first creature I saw was the Naucean.  I saw a few pictures of it, and the first thoughts that ran through my head were, "Oh emm jee, this guy has too much time on his hands!"  Then I kept looking at the Naucean.  And I kept looking at other pictures of it.  And I kept looking at it.  And I kept looking at it.  The more I looked at it, the more I liked it, admired it.  I think the Naucean is going to be a huge part of Spore history.  After seeing it, I really really really wanted to make a creature of my own.  But like Will, my biggest bottleneck(Or smallest, depending on how you look at it) is my imagination.  I can't think of a fricken' creature to make.  After watching and re-watching the video, I doubted how possible the pseudomadible would be, with the tenticles and hands inside.  But holy crap, it shows what dedication and faith in Spore's creator can get you.  Pseudo-fame for you and your creature!  Congrats Hydro(and you too, Areku)!

Offline Mjolnin

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2006, 03:37:14 pm »
Hah 8 pages later, Congrats man, I do really love the Naucean and how it looks, although, everything I had thought up was no so original, it gives me ideas. I'm glad to see your work helped you and the community as a whole. It also shows how great a guy Will is, plus that he wants a good game, one that will remain in gaming history.

Offline Dreyfuss

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • The Nezumi
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2006, 10:14:41 am »
Hehehehehe... he wants to see if all these strange creatures are possible, well if he wants to have an example of a human-like race put in the good word ;)  And I live very very close to San Jose, so there's a good chance I'll be there!

Congrats Hydro, how does it feel knowing everyone here wishes they were you?  :P