Author Topic: wow this is totaly going to happen  (Read 11284 times)

Offline Jayce

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
Re: wow this is totaly going to happen
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 11:45:10 am »
It is true that this has been discussed a million times (well at least twice) but let's face it since this forum has been around for what over a year now and we've only had really the same info to discuss then these things are going to happen. I expect in reality every thread has been repeated in one way or another over the past year but unless new posts are made then this board would die a horrible death.

New info is starting to trickle out now so hopefully it won't be long before there is a lot more to talk about.

As for the topic, I believe that there may well be some sort of censorship in place on creatures that get uploaded autmoatically thus meaning that although you will be able to create what you want, it won't end up on other people's planets via a download though you may be able to manully send stuff to friends.

How it gets censored though I have no idea because we could be potentially talking about thousands and thousands of creatures.

Offline Gwahir

• Missile Commander
  • Every so often, you need a really big explosion
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2006, 02:25:35 pm »
everyone restart the game as many times as you can and just get to the first creature stage.  Flood them with uploads...

Meh, who says they have to be timely on approving uploads for continued use?
Celestial billiards is fun!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2006, 02:30:04 pm »
It is true that this has been discussed a million times (well at least twice) but let's face it since this forum has been around for what over a year now and we've only had really the same info to discuss then these things are going to happen. I expect in reality every thread has been repeated in one way or another over the past year but unless new posts are made then this board would die a horrible death.

New info is starting to trickle out now so hopefully it won't be long before there is a lot more to talk about.

As for the topic, I believe that there may well be some sort of censorship in place on creatures that get uploaded autmoatically thus meaning that although you will be able to create what you want, it won't end up on other people's planets via a download though you may be able to manully send stuff to friends.

How it gets censored though I have no idea because we could be potentially talking about thousands and thousands of creatures.
<Checks date> What the crap!?! You stopped posting before I even joined! Where have you been for almost an entire year?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline sgore

• Boulder Dasher
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2006, 01:36:53 pm »
<Checks date> What the crap!?! You stopped posting before I even joined! Where have you been for almost an entire year?
My Guess is Iceland. Why did he relinquish his modding powers and drift off anyway?
Also, Yeah to calm your fears, they're probably have some sort of system in place. Judging by steve's podcasts and such, the systems in place for all this aren't just advanced they're

;D
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2006, 01:57:01 pm »
Yeah ! I thought you were dead!
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.