Author Topic: AUSTRALIANS - SPORES out! screens inside-56k & *SPOILER* warning!  (Read 32510 times)

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
    • The Official Randomness Productions Website
Re: AUSTRALIANS - SPORES out! screens inside-56k warning!
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2008, 08:02:24 pm »
I imagine that EA is a bureaucracy like most large businesses, so they have to wade through some red tape before they can actually "Take care of it". Besides, there are probably quite a few game stores in Australia, so they have to compose a legalese email or letter and send it once they find out which stores there are to "take care of". That probably takes a few hours or days, even.

That's what's running through my mind anyway.
Pokémon are creatures too.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/VDlekjran
for the Kecleon, Poké Ball and Unown sets.

Offline Fobok

• Fishing Derby Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2008, 08:58:20 pm »
Actually, in these cases it's usually a case of a after-action defense. When a store does this, they threaten not to supply further games. Said store usually fires whoever's responsible in an attempt to placate EA (or whatever other company), who then backs down on their threat since they want to sell more games.

At least, that's what the process involved last time I looked into it, practices may have changed since then.

Offline heirware

• Galaxian Guru
  • since 230bc
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2008, 09:23:48 pm »
got it got it got it got it got it got it got it got it got it got it got it got it  :) :) :)

Offline Prathik

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2008, 09:47:28 pm »
got it got it got it got it got it got it got it got it got it got it got it got it  :) :) :)

what are you doing on the forums!! play play play! and if ur still on the forums .. what city did u get it in? Im in Sydney, and asked my mum for it tomorrow :D

Offline heirware

• Galaxian Guru
  • since 230bc
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2008, 09:49:15 pm »

what are you doing on the forums!! play play play! and if ur still on the forums .. what city did u get it in? Im in Sydney, and asked my mum for it tomorrow :D

Hills Area. And I'm only on here cause I'm waiting for the excruciatingly long installation!!

Offline Burnzoire

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2008, 09:57:52 pm »
JB Hi Fi in Hobart have it but won't sell it until Thursday 4th. That's fine though, got all weekend to dominate all known life-forms.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2008, 12:28:22 am »
Waiting for the install...

I spoke to the guys at Game and according to them, EA dont have 'street release dates' just guidelines on when the game is likely to be ready. They said they actually had the game yesterday but were told to hold off a day so everyone got their shipment before they started releasing to stop people from panicking. They say they were given the go-ahead by EA Australia themselves.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2008, 12:47:47 am »
Just to let you know, EA is aware of the early release and they are dealing with it, whatever that means. I think that means someone is going to be in trouble for letting it out early.

not to mention the blatant warez promoting on the ustreams. It puts what i wanted to do at release in a bad light. I wanted to see a bit of the building editor as well but when someone privately asked me for a torrent i left.. that was the proverbial drop.

don't think i'm gonna do a stream tomorrow night. unless I'm calling my show: "SPORE: The no warez / no releasedate defying launch celebration stream" :P
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 12:55:04 am by CosmicD »

Offline Prathik

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2008, 12:55:30 am »
Just to let you know, EA is aware of the early release and they are dealing with it, whatever that means. I think that means someone is going to be in trouble for letting it out early.

not to mention the blatant warez promoting on the ustreams. It puts what i wanted to do at release in a bad light. I wanted to see a bit of the building editor as well but when someone privately asked me for a torrent i left.. that was the proverbial drop.

don't think i'm gonna do a stream tomorrow night. unless I'm calling my show: "SPORE: The no warez / no releasedate defying launch celebration stream" :P

wait you were doing the stream? oooh cool! i didnt know..

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2008, 12:58:06 am »
huhu :).. i'm really going to download the official version on eadm and then download a warez version. Good use of bandwith ;D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 12:59:59 am by CosmicD »

Offline Conflict

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2008, 12:58:44 am »
wait you were doing the stream? oooh cool! i didnt know..

No he wasnt, He still needs to wait till he can download the last part with the download manager.
The place I pre-ordered it from is counting down, i still need to wait 1 day and 15 hours.. its killing me.

Offline Anisi

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2008, 01:00:17 am »
EB Games called me today to say it was on. I'm picking it up tomorrow during my free period in school but I have to work straight after school. It will be the longest day of my life! Can't wait to play it when I get home tomorrow night. Woohooo!

Offline morphian

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2008, 01:20:41 am »
For some reason, I really don't want to play Creature Phase. It feels so repetitive, and I don't really like it that much. This whole thing is so overwhelming. It's kind of scary actually. Is it weird that I feel so empty?

I'm honestly scared that it won't live up to what I hoped for. After all, 2 years I've known about it and waited for it. Thats -alot- of expections. Add to that  nothing that good has come out in months. I'm trying to beat off the madness when at home with a mix of Team Fortress 2 and GalCiv 2.

As for the creature phrase, well I read primilary review from Edge Magazine that suggests that everything before space phase is more of a "Set up your race" sequence similar to RPGs that use to ask you a series of question to pick your class.
See my evi...erm, not evil, honest..creations at:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Hephaestus

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2008, 01:29:52 am »
I have Spore now too.

Edit: Also, Akalabeth is a great game, I may never post again just to keep this title.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:58:22 am by immortius »

Offline heirware

• Galaxian Guru
  • since 230bc
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2008, 01:31:03 am »
Blagh, the creature phase is taking forever and it's starting to get repetitive. Also, it's really difficult to impress creatures now, which leaves me with little ways to get DNA
edit: Oh wait, nevermind, turns out I was doing it wrong
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:13:27 am by heirware »