Author Topic: Coding my own game, suggestions are welcome  (Read 3394 times)

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Coding my own game, suggestions are welcome
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 07:06:41 pm »
The Falling Spore Game
Like The Falling Sand game, but with a Particle Editor, where you set values for particles and what they do when they contact other particles
IE, you could create red particle a, set it to be very light and thus fall slowly, and make it so that when it hits blue particle b, it is destroyed, creates green particle c, has some probability of both, is pushed away, just bounces off, or whatever.  You would then pick, from the same relation list, what you want it to do when it touches green particle c.  You'd do that for every particle (You can't play with "incomplete particles or relations"), and then the particles you made are on your menu like sand, water, etc in the falling sand game.

Sounds fun, I could make it addon compatible by implementing some scripting language like lua, so people could create their own particles, it would be fun to create atoms and covalent bonding xD

cool idea i would like to see this

Yeah, it reminds me of BIOME (Spore prototype), it was really fun to use and make stuff for it :P
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.