Author Topic: NEW spore patch. Start up your game to get it.  (Read 34996 times)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
Re: NEW spore patch. Start up your game to get it.
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2008, 07:37:31 am »
Man, because of the lighting pimping, my computer can't handle everything on high anymore :( It lags now.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2008, 07:42:52 am »
Is it weird that the game actually runs SMOOTHER for me now? Like, to test, I went to a barren world and started spamming it with terraforming, which would usually result in a pretty decent framerate drop as the planet's surface began to change. It wasn't unplayable, or even unacceptable really, but the framerate sunk pretty low, and now I can bring that cold airless world into a hot, dangerous, storm-filled lava world without any lag whatsoever.

Creature texture loading in creature stage seems to be a bit slower now, but that might just be my imagination. Like, the creatures show up right away, but it seems to take a bit longer for their textures to pop in.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2008, 08:26:25 am »
Man, I hoped they had added slow ice melting on T0 planets with the new planet update.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline greyarea

• Mystery House Madman
  • Chobox isn't happy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2008, 10:08:54 am »
My patch is fail  :(

"Old file not found. However, a file of the same was found. No update done since contents differ." [sic]

no mods  :P

Me too >:(

anyone have a suggestion?

Will try this in a bit. thx

I copied the Spore\Data directory from the CD over the Spore\Data directory on my computer, and that fixed the error for me.
A gamingsteve sporecast :)  (not comprehensive at all!)
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=ssc-500012824849

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2008, 11:03:20 am »
Anyone tried planet sculpting yet? Was the resetting-to-the-way-it-was-before-you-spent-one-hour-sculpting-it fixed?  :-\

Offline Conflict

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2008, 11:10:41 am »
Is it weird that the game actually runs SMOOTHER for me now? Like, to test, I went to a barren world and started spamming it with terraforming, which would usually result in a pretty decent framerate drop as the planet's surface began to change. It wasn't unplayable, or even unacceptable really, but the framerate sunk pretty low, and now I can bring that cold airless world into a hot, dangerous, storm-filled lava world without any lag whatsoever.

Creature texture loading in creature stage seems to be a bit slower now, but that might just be my imagination. Like, the creatures show up right away, but it seems to take a bit longer for their textures to pop in.

Nope, alot smoother for me now to, i can even put everything on high now. I have an SLI card though so maybe they fixed something for that.

Offline Rusted

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2008, 08:12:25 pm »
The reason key mapping, or at least the ability to move "abilities" is so essential to spore is for the simple fact that as it stands items just go directly in order.  So while lazers might be number "1" on four out of my five races, on number five it's a graviton beam.  Considering that there is nothing preventing friendly fire, and you're often defending your colonies, you can see where I'm going with this right?

Please next patch? Pleeeeeease?
Terraforming. 
Turning dirt, forming.
Turning dirt; forming.
Terraforming.

Rusted -Sporepedia Name and Link
PM if you add me, I'll return the favor.

Offline MegaRad666

• Pong Paddle
  • If you have a brain, USE IT.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2008, 03:14:22 pm »
Spore ran GREAT when i got it before downloading the patch. I have better than minimum and almost maximum requirements. I thought, "Wow, this game is awsome. I have to try the patch." Well, I didn't have any problems whatsoever with downloading the patch, but then...  >:(. I guess I'll go through the list.

• 1. In Cell mode, my cell and any other cells dont appear for 90-120 secs, causing me to die once or twice.
  • 2. In Creature mode, the creatures dont appear for 90-120 secs, and the sound seems behind for a while then catches up in one huge burst of noise.
  • 3. In Tribal mode, it's not as bad, but the sound is gone.
  • 4. In Civilization mode, the buildings and vehicles dont appear for a LONG time, but sound is normal.
  • 5. In Space mode, it takes everything a long time to appear (except for stars), and sometimes when I approach the atmosphere of a planet, my game crashes.

Please EA, do something, or I want a refund on this almost completely succesful failure of a game. :'(

Oh, and I still cant believe this game takes up a whole 5 gig! :o
MRad

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2008, 03:31:52 pm »
Oh cool it Mega. The game may be a mess but it worked on release. Considering the code there using though Id expect it to do this every patch. Until the end of next year. Were talking about a system where if you add one function, you have to change all the code to except it. Since almost all the code is working off the same group of procedures. Talk about a mess.

Offline justan

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
What are patches?
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2008, 05:51:28 pm »
Ok...i dont have the game yet but ive been reading alot about things like cheats, mods, debug, patches, the much wanted "true sandbox" etc...So i hear about patches...what are they? What do they do? What are they for? Is there any issues with them? Do you need a high speed internet connection to download the stuff? Ive got really slow dial up so dowloading stuff is pretty much worthless. So ya i just wanna know about patches and stuff what they do, etc....Thanks!!

Justan

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
Re: What are patches?
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2008, 05:58:23 pm »
Hello and welcome!

Do a search for patch issues. In brief, many people are having issues with the patch so it is not recommended at this time <<massive under statement>>

Patches were meant to fix game issues but this one seem to have broken more than it fixed. For some it works fine, but its safer not to patch at the moment.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:00:33 pm by Fledgeling »

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2008, 06:17:18 pm »
A patch is as the name implies. A fix. When you patch clothes you cover or mend a hole. In the computer world, a patch can be anything that is meant to correct a game/program, as well as fill in any security holes. This patch worked great for A LOT of people. People need to remember for every 1 person complaining usually 100 more had no problem what-so-ever. That just means there is a compatibility issue in the patch and that too can be fixed in a new, better patch.

About downloading stuff, even on Dial-Up you should be fine... the things you download are no bigger than a few KB... about the size of the picture just under my name (the moving one). The files themselves are really small. However if you get the game, avoid the patches if your game works okay.. because Patches a Big/Huge.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline j99450

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Eagle42 on Sporepedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2008, 06:41:11 pm »
If I remember correctly all my D/Led content, some 4k creations or so, is about 200MB.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2008, 10:51:11 am »
The patch came out the 18th. My game is still unplayable....

I really hope they fix it soon..

Offline JKalenad

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
    • The Official Randomness Productions Website
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2008, 01:17:09 pm »
I agree. Those who have problems with the patch may be a minority, but the fact there are people do have problems (myself included) needs to be addressed and fixed somehow, whether through a patch or some fix on our end.
Pokémon are creatures too.

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/VDlekjran
for the Kecleon, Poké Ball and Unown sets.