Author Topic: NEW spore patch. Start up your game to get it.  (Read 34997 times)

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: NEW spore patch. Start up your game to get it.
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2008, 05:45:59 pm »
The patch compeletly broke my game.

I just made it in to creature stage. All the creatures were invisible i had to save and reload to fix that.

There is an extreme lag in between when i click something  and when that something happens.
First i summoned a flock my creature never did the animation for it and my flock was invisible. As i was fighting an ant i was clicking bite and it was doing damage but neither me nor the ant moved. It didn't play any animation what so ever nor did it make any sound. I killed it and the ant still stood there and i was able to eat it while it remained there standing up.

Maxis i always stand up for you guys but now i am a tad bit miffed. The game ran perfectly since launch and now its utterly broken

Please help me.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2008, 05:47:12 pm »
Heh, its funny really, normally my PC is the one that acts all weird and possessed... yet Spore has given me absolutely no troubles. I feel special in my happy place. Or is it the other way around? :3

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2008, 05:57:24 pm »
I can't seem to start up Spore after installing the patch. It keeps being unresponsive. Ahh well maybe a restart will work. :-/
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline MaxisPuzzle

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2008, 06:07:26 pm »
I keep getting "Patching Process Failed". It's downloaded, but won't install...

Try quitting the game and quitting EADM.  Then start the game.

-caryl

There we go. I had restarted the game but not EADM. InstallShield is running now.

Man, I feel like we at GS get this nice personal attention from the Devs when trouble arises. It's nice. All in favor of getting the dev team christmas gifts this year...? What's your poison, Caryl -- popcorn barrels, cookie trays, muffin baskets... booze? ;)

Booze, totally.  :D

Offline IamMe

• Gorf Goon
  • +200 Points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2008, 06:12:25 pm »
Patch looks great! If only EA patches worked on my Spore.

I started up the game and got a message saying that there was a patch. I downloaded the patch and everything installed fine. Then when Spore started back up, it told me that a patch was available. Again. The game does not have any of the new fixes and features either. So I download the patch again, and it tells me one is available again. Once I download the patch, it says that I already installed it and Spore was already upgraded to v1.01.0000. Even though it really isn't.

So I'm kinda stuck in some limbo between having the patch and not having the patch. D:

Can somebody or the devs help? This happened with the CC too. :/

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2008, 06:22:16 pm »
So from those who have had it work... what has changed?

Offline Elyanna

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • Spore Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2008, 06:26:03 pm »

Space looks prettier (this might be my imagination), and it looks like turrets take out invaders without you being there. But this is unconfirmed.
My spore profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/elyanna
I like to make plausible creatures.

Offline tuggles

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2008, 06:30:56 pm »
Ok...so some good things and bad things

First...LOVE the evoadvantage cheat freakin awesome to be able to enjoy creature phase with something Ive invisioned!

I started a new game on normal with a new creation of mine called based off the Salonians from star wars. Let me tell ya...Tribal is HARD!

The only tribe that was neutral to me was the first that popped up. The other tribes all were either frowning or straight up enemies. Multiple times Ive had my tribe decimated by two different tribes trying to come take me out. This kinda frustrates me as I was TRYING to play industrious but now Ive been forced into aggressive just defending my tribe. I before I would have a chance to collect food and rebuild my tribe I would be attacked again. I couldnt even put down a weapon shack because of this.

After there seemed to be a lul  in the action (all tribes except the one I allied are sworn enemies at this point) I collect some food, make some babies and start running toward green tribe to make them my allies. Only to have what happen? A FREAKIN EPIC IS STANDING RIGHT BY THEIR FOOD! So as my tribe tries to bring the gift the epic attacks...followed by the green tribe (at this point only 2 left) so I never managed to do anything productive...just more killing! GRRRRR...well...people who said that tribe was too easy...should be happy...I cant imagine it on hard.

As far as the graphics...look AWESOME...sun rises already looked nice...now they are just stunning! And overall Im very happy with what I see

Bugs? Yes, first after I made one creature my pet...the little round up music would play anytime the camera was by a nest. 2nd sometimes Ill hear a repeating click sound like the game is acting up...I dunno I cant explain it. Really my bugs consist of sound issues.

Oh...one last thing...my damn pack pissed me off in creature phase! I was out trying to migrate and next thing you know my pack would run off and attack some aggro nest...oh well...that was kinda fun.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2008, 07:02:03 pm »
Not sure if this is patch related or not but we just witnessed the craziest thing on my partners computer. (The patch seriously broke mine need fix now want to play rawr!)

An epic SPUN into one of those weird green cocoons. About 3 minutes later it spun out of the cocoon as a different epic. It stood there for a second and looked at its hands and tilted its head curiously.

Was pretty cool/strange

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2008, 08:19:43 pm »
Wel I am dead in the water after the patch (sound lag, action lag, invisible creatures) . Odd thing is that the wife has the same computer as me (same MB, Ram, Vid Card, etc..) and she patched and is working fine. The only thing I can thing of off the top of my head is that I had sound issues in X3 (a space sim) and had to uninstall Media Player ans reinstall it.

Pissed off and going to bed now. (at least I got to the center of the galaxy before I patched)

-Lego

Offline Ittiz

• Wizard of Wor
  • Horned Hopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2008, 04:59:35 am »
I have to commend Maxis for responding so quickly with a patch in response to people's feedback.  For the most part the patch has made the game better, but it has also made it run more slowly for me, especially loading when landing and launching from planets.  It can now take several minutes some times.  It also didn't fix a bug where I have to sit for a minute or two before that bouncing off the planet's "ceiling" trying to get out (can be annoying when trying to run from a fight or do a timed mission).  So all-in-all good, but I think at least one more patch is needed.

Offline brotherscrim

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2008, 05:29:32 am »
My patch is fail  :(

"Old file not found. However, a file of the same was found. No update done since contents differ." [sic]

no mods  :P

Me too >:(

anyone have a suggestion?

Offline immortius

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2008, 05:54:57 am »
My patch is fail  :(

"Old file not found. However, a file of the same was found. No update done since contents differ." [sic]

no mods  :P

Me too >:(

anyone have a suggestion?

I copied the Spore\Data directory from the CD over the Spore\Data directory on my computer, and that fixed the error for me.

Offline brotherscrim

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2008, 06:19:52 am »
I copied the Spore\Data directory from the CD over the Spore\Data directory on my computer, and that fixed the error for me.

I downloaded the game :(

Thanks for the info, though.

Offline SporeForSure

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2008, 07:31:25 am »

Space looks prettier (this might be my imagination), and it looks like turrets take out invaders without you being there. But this is unconfirmed.

I have no turrets and do not refill them because they get blasted to bits in every attack, so i only use the Uberturret and i get the "the pirates are no longer attacking <Planet>" almost immediately.

*Exhales* FINALLY :)

Edit: Oh, and you get flags on all colonies when viewing the galaxy now, so you dont have to guesstimate how big your empire is. Also the weapons do not unselect when you use a Repairpack or en Energypack (which was very annoying, Thanks ALOT for fixing that Maxis).

While the attacks are less frequent now, the eco disasters still happens as much as before (While playing on easy).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 07:35:16 am by SporeForSure »
”It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring” (Dr. Carl Sagan)