Author Topic: Sporepedia is being a pain  (Read 3326 times)

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
Sporepedia is being a pain
« on: September 24, 2008, 07:50:15 am »
So sporepedia just sporadically decided that my vehicles and buildings do not belong on my sporepage. I only have my 57 non-space/tribal/civ creatures. Where the vehicles or buildings went, no idea. Also, I can't go on my own sporepage or those of others, because it'll give me a 500-error.

Quite frankly, this pisses me off beyond limits.

EDIT: I can't see other people's vehicles or buildings or space/civ/tribe creatures either.

And while I'm ranting: the white spots that's supposed to be where my coat is, is really annoying too. Other image bugs too.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:39:46 pm by Danzik »

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline NGW

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo Hub
Re: Sporepedia is being a bitch
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 08:22:26 am »
Yeah, I've had some issues with it myself.

Hell, was trying to search one of my own creatures and, even using the exact tags I used, I've had no luck getting it to come up.

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 10:54:40 am »
Hell, was trying to search one of my own creatures and, even using the exact tags I used, I've had no luck getting it to come up.

Search terms are not updated instantly.  I.E. a new creature usually will not be searchable, and a creature you just deleted, will often still come up in a search.  But that's just on a good day.

Any given feature of the sporepedia seem liable to not work at random times. Yesterday and today, i can't get items from a sporecast to delete.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 12:09:57 pm »
My problem is that vehicles, buildings and tribe/space/civ creatures just don't appear. They're non-existant.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: Sporepedia is being a pain
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 01:13:34 pm »
Yeah i have a problem with my spore cast. I can not find all the stuff i want to add to it and i can not find it when i search for it.
Check out my Creatures.
The ニthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Rubric

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 03:05:29 pm »

For me, the main problem with Sporepedia (referring to online rather than in game) is that is slooooooooowwwwwwwww.

Even if you just want to flip to the second page of search results, it takes forever to load.  Why?  You already searched them....  I don't get it.  And forget about flipping to the second page of sporecast search results.

As for minor problems, it frequently won't let me click the thumbs up button.  In fact, I would say most of the time, I simply cannot click that button.  Nothing happens.

Also, I don't like that it randomly closes my browser sometimes.  I'll be doing something else while I wait forever to get a search result (or page turn), and I suddenly notice that it has disappeared altogether.

I also have the issue that the card for one of my creatures looks wonky.  It has a brown background, and a double image of the creature.  I've seen a few other people with the same problem.  Seems to only affect Tribe creatures.

Finally, if I'm in my profile and I click on a creature, then when I exit from that creature it should return me to my profile, not to the front page. 

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 03:27:54 pm »
Speaking of the sporepedia bieng a pain, it seems to be having some issues with the MySpore page as it keeps acting like its not connected and the hyperlinks that the names are usually set as, are nonexistent. I'm talking about the ingame one.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 03:29:17 pm »
Speaking of the sporepedia bieng a pain, it seems to be having some issues with the MySpore page as it keeps acting like its not connected and the hyperlinks that the names are usually set as, are nonexistent. I'm talking about the ingame one.
I'm having that too.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 03:33:23 pm »
I'm having that too.

good, it's not just me then.... it's possible that they are working on something on the server, so we are just seeing it go out of whack a bit.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 04:13:35 pm »
I was browsing the official forums and ran across this.  Hope it helps.  I haven't purchased the game so I'm not sure if this suggestion is entirely relevant or not.

Offline Darcie

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Darcie's Spore
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 06:10:39 pm »
My ingame sporecast doesn't match my on-line sporecast and I want it to so I can sort the contents and stuff.  For some reason the game won't download anything I added between day one and yesterday.  It should also be the theme of 3 of my worlds, but all I get are maxis creatures instead *cry*.  I'm sure maxis is working on it though.  Their plate is likely overflowing right now with people finding all those little bugs that built up over 8 years of design.

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 08:30:16 pm »
My ingame sporecast doesn't match my on-line sporecast

You can force an (at least partial) refresh of your in-game sporecasts by adding a single item via the game.