Author Topic: New Prototypes: SPUG (Creature Phase) and Space  (Read 16858 times)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: New Prototypes: SPUG (Creature Phase) and Space
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2008, 06:02:21 pm »
Junk files are sometimes left in even commercial games, usually signifying that there was some haste getting the thing out the door at some point.

That, or it's an easter egg of sorts, since some of the images are from the original flash site intro.

Offline Rusted

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2008, 06:23:34 pm »
Under your data info guys you can tweak the number of planets you start with, customize species and the like.

Also the comets seem to lower the terrain, raising the water depth, despite graphic glitch where water doesn't show, asteroids actually raise the terrain?  I mention it cause you might have had problems getting deep water creatures to stay alive.

The species give information when scanned about their preferred growth conditions, it's interesting seeing them contest for territory after seeing BIOME.
Terraforming. 
Turning dirt, forming.
Turning dirt; forming.
Terraforming.

Rusted -Sporepedia Name and Link
PM if you add me, I'll return the favor.

Offline azareon

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2008, 06:27:26 pm »
Certain keys seem to do things at different levels.  When I pressed the "h" key it added to my health bar, and pressing the "a" key in a city made them really mad at me.  The "f" key also does something at the planet map level, but I didn't understand the message it popped up.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2008, 09:04:53 pm »
 Well , Ive managed to activate the Flatten tool and make it work. Just go into ufo tools, copy the flatten without the #symbol and add a few things to match the others. Im working on the rest. This reminds me of when I edited and moded for Alpha Centauri.

Oh and a great way to make the game more phone is to edit your creature names and your alien names to match. BE SURE THEY MATCH!

Offline Ondaderthad

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • Area32 - Westgate Builders
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2008, 09:45:21 pm »
I heard that someone managed to replace the creature pictures with their own from Sporepedia.

Offline azareon

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2008, 10:29:30 pm »
Well , Ive managed to activate the Flatten tool and make it work. Just go into ufo tools, copy the flatten without the #symbol and add a few things to match the others. Im working on the rest. This reminds me of when I edited and moded for Alpha Centauri.

Oh and a great way to make the game more phone is to edit your creature names and your alien names to match. BE SURE THEY MATCH!

Techleo, can you please post the code you used to make the Flatten tool work?  I managed to get it to appear on the planet view by changing EcoView to PlanetCAView, but it still didn't do anything.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2008, 10:38:00 pm »
If space phase is gonna be as easy as that, then screw spore. That prototype is no challenge at all, its boring.

Offline fdkotor

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2008, 12:05:49 am »
If space phase is gonna be as easy as that, then screw spore. That prototype is no challenge at all, its boring.

Well since spore has an option of difficulty I don't believe it would be that easy for multiple difficulties.

Offline W8-4Spore

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2008, 02:25:10 am »
Not to mention it is a prototype... I think you guys are looking too much into these things. It is just to test game mechanics and see how things fit together. Not too much more than that. I wouldn't judge difficulty or amount of fun based off of a prototype to test game mechanics...
There will be a serious problem with school when Spore comes out...

My tag for Sporepedia is Randios, please check out my creatures and give me constructive feedback/criticism! User name is Randios187, tag is Randios. Thanks!

Offline mike20022

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • My Spore page http://www.spore.com/view/profile/mike99a
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2008, 02:28:02 am »
I must say the space prototype has got me wanting spore even more, I know its just a prototype but... I'm having fun colonising and Terraforming planets and bringing life to it its all good and spore the finished game will be even better  :D

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2008, 07:40:32 am »
yeah, I've already have it running since this morning, having earned lots of $$$ and made a few planets habitable. Its just interesting to see this idea of WW being exactly that feeling. THere's alot of things you do where you think "whoops i didn't mean to do that": because you don't really have any direct control over it.

I like the way you have to wait for a planet to warm up enough to put creatures and corals into the ocean, and set colonies around atmospheric generators that will work.

I'm imagining how it's gonna look if you drop a plant on a planet a bit too early how it will decay .

This prototype really seems like spore that would have been released in the 80's on the NES :). And it's still interesting because you are involved in strategically colonizing or abtucting stuff and have this sens of largeness if you create life.

And in spore it's gonna be visually appealing too :).

I wonder if the only way you can get water to a dry planet is by dropping a comet :) And I also wonder how you rescue colonies under attack :)

Offline SpaceOddity

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Europan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2008, 09:19:05 am »
You know, I have downloaded them, but I hesitate to fire them up.

I already have been sold to the idea of Spore for so long now, that I know I will like it even without the graphic and other polish. That said, at this stage in time, I feel I can wait for another three weeks to enjoy the full experience in the game itself.  8)
<<<< Click to enter.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2008, 09:47:05 am »
    Do you have a .Dll viewer Az? You did the right thing when you put it in the menu. Great first step. Now you need a .Dll viewer and a console emulator to get the games code in workable mode. Then you just reroute the pattern so the flatten works. Just takes a minute to find the programs to do this on the net these days. I will warn you though I am NOT admitting what path Im taking to do what I did. Copyright is a bitch! :)

Offline Rusted

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2008, 08:14:04 am »
And I also wonder how you rescue colonies under attack :)

In the prototype just zoom all the way in and shoot the red guys.
Terraforming. 
Turning dirt, forming.
Turning dirt; forming.
Terraforming.

Rusted -Sporepedia Name and Link
PM if you add me, I'll return the favor.

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2008, 12:32:06 pm »
If you ever come across an alien colony, just put down your own colonies, out number the aliens, and in time (or instantly if you speed time up) the colony switches over to you.

Interesting, to have alien citizens in your great alien empire.

Terraformed loads.

I think I may have wiped out one of the other alien races....they were being hostile to me but now I feel bad for wiping their shaggy dog eared selves out....

There was one solar system where all the alien races had a colonized world, I terraformed one of the dead planets flat with a raised peace symbol.  :D