Author Topic: The RP planning thread  (Read 119093 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
The RP planning thread
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:57:55 am »
Hey! Since there has been a renewed interest in making new RPs in Forum Games I decided that we should have a place to plan future RPs with the people who may be playing them so that everyone is happy.

In here you can post your ideas for RPs (They can be barebones or fleshed out) or any suggestions to improve the current system of RPing that we have here.

Anyway, I had had an idea for an RP that could go well here. I did an RP like this once before and it was fun, but it lacked dedication by it's members.

The idea is to do a Vampire RP at some point in the future. You could have your Vampires fighting the Vampire Hunters and also some regular Humans in there that may have discovered this secret society of sorts.

But yeah, that's one of my ideas right now, feel free to give your input or to post any of your own ideas for RPs that you would like to see!

Also don't be afraid to bump this topic if you have an idea at a later date. I imagine that it will fall down into obscurity quite often while we are actually out playing our RPs so don't fret.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
Re: The RP planning thread
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 11:09:24 am »
Renewed interest? All that's happened recently was Gunner made 2 that both got deleted...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 11:14:46 am »
And that is more than normal. At least the wheels are turning.

Just... pretend it makes sense and go with it.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 11:28:14 am »
It is the year 20XX and every computer in the world is connected with a generic cyberpunk matrix. ICE, deckers, corporations, what have you. A formerly unknown corporation suddenly announces that it has developed a simple method to create true AI (the players), instead of the expensive and complicated smart programs and the few AIs that arise from the structures of cyberspace.

The corporation limits the AIs to protect their interests, so each player chooses a few general proficiencies from the bag of tricks (not "okay so Haddeen Sol gets +17 to decieving sentry programs so if you put this into the giant algorithm he should do X," more like "okay so Jayce is better than the rest at decrypting files so people depend on him creating a sense of teamwork").

As clients rent the AIs to cause or solve problems in other areas of the matrix, they find clues about the obligatory conspiracy surrounding them; in the end, the players are offered a choice to back the conspiracy or destroy it with the cyber-godlike powers that come from being an artificial intelligence that's been sitting around for a while.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 11:32:01 am by Samog »
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 01:27:12 pm »
It is the year 20XX and every computer in the world is connected with a generic cyberpunk matrix. ICE, deckers, corporations, what have you. A formerly unknown corporation suddenly announces that it has developed a simple method to create true AI (the players), instead of the expensive and complicated smart programs and the few AIs that arise from the structures of cyberspace.

The corporation limits the AIs to protect their interests, so each player chooses a few general proficiencies from the bag of tricks (not "okay so Haddeen Sol gets +17 to decieving sentry programs so if you put this into the giant algorithm he should do X," more like "okay so Jayce is better than the rest at decrypting files so people depend on him creating a sense of teamwork").

As clients rent the AIs to cause or solve problems in other areas of the matrix, they find clues about the obligatory conspiracy surrounding them; in the end, the players are offered a choice to back the conspiracy or destroy it with the cyber-godlike powers that come from being an artificial intelligence that's been sitting around for a while.

I like it.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 02:51:55 pm »

I was going to make something like that, but I got lazy and decided not to. It was going to be like viturall world on the edge of deletion, and the players would need to stop the real people from using their powers to edit the fake world
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 11:07:10 am »
How about a....

Political RP
It is based around a semi-modern government. Everyone forms a Character, who can make a party, join a party or run for office. They must play for votes, with Propoganda, evocative language and sound policies. Each Party will appeal to certain people in The People's Republic of Gamingstevia, for example: Old People, Working Class, The Military. Those who had majority control of the Military could emply a coup de'tat against the ruler. Parties, Or Rebel Groups, could form co-alitions, and various parts of each party could attempt to gain control.

Have fun fleshing that out.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 12:15:31 pm »
How about a murder mystery type thing, where the players are all guests at a country house. Then the inevitable happens and they all have to turn sleuth to solve the mystery before it's too late.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 12:16:14 pm »
That could be cool.

Maybe an Orient Express mystery to keep us from roaming around outside?

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 12:17:55 pm »
maybe a 'saw' rp where one plays jigsaw and the rest is locked up in a house?
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 12:20:22 pm »
I like the Murder Mystery Idea.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 12:25:36 pm »

This RP will be made. *Stamps form thrice*

Now who will be GM? Samog I presume?

Otherwise I'm up for it.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 12:26:25 pm »
I actually didn't like that RP idea...

It seems cool but I could not figure out how it would be interesting for the long haul.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 12:37:54 pm »
maybe a 'saw' rp where one plays jigsaw and the rest is locked up in a house?
No, because the whole thing would end up degenerating into who can think up the sickest, most bloody forms of death for the characters and everyone just going with it because they don't care about their character enough to let them die instead of eating their own eyes or something retarded like that.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 12:42:09 pm by Krakow Sam »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 12:40:44 pm »
Colonel Mustard in the Drawing Room.