Author Topic: Wii Virtual Console: What Games are on Your List?  (Read 5409 times)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: Wii Virtual Console: What Games are on Your List?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2006, 01:28:42 am »
I've reconsidered and have decided to take Pat's stance for now and play these games on emulators, rather than wasting money on them in the Virtual Console.

There are so many great games coming out for the 360, such as Tony Hawk's Project 8, Splinter Cell, Call of Duty 3, Gears of War, etc. Not to mention some that I have missed that I plan to get, such as Kameo. Likewise, the same is happening with Wii, with Zelda, Trauma Center, Monkey Ball, and Excite Truck topping my list. (I am also looking forward to a few DS titles, such as Yoshi's Island DS and Final Fantasy III). And even with the next-gen console's getting so many great games, the PS2 still pumps out some great games I would like to pick up, such as Okami and Final Fantasy XII.

With so many games coming out (I won't pick up nearly everything on this list) I don't want to waste over $250 on games I already have on my computer.

Of course, Pat will now tell me that I should have realized this all along! :D

Well, I'm glad I made this list of Virtual Console games though, because I *accidentally* deleted my Retro Games library while cleaning out my folders. Time to do some downloading!

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2006, 09:29:56 pm »
Here's my list:
Toejam & Earl
Mario (SNES)
Zelda (SNES)
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline cptrootbeer

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 03:13:15 pm »
I actually have a large portion of that list.  I would go items I never purchased on the original system.  Here on some items I want:

NES:
Duck Hunt: I never actually owned this, seems like a decent ice-breaker for friends.

SNES:
Chrono Trigger:  I played this at a friend's house, so I can't replay it.  Interesting storyline.
Final Fantasy 3 (6 in Japan): Do you really need to know?
Uniracers: I remember seeing a friend with this, but never played.  Looks like a fun one to pick up.

N64:
Yoshi's Story:  I Know it's a short game, but was fairly fun.  I wouldn't mind buying it for only $10.
Paper Mario: Another one I played at a friend's house, but never got to finish.
Blast Corps: A game I liked, but never took the plunge.  At $10, I'm all for it.
Ridge Racer 64: Because I'm not getting a PS3... Just kidding, I don't want this.
[edit] Star Fox 64: I don't know how I forgot this game.  I still like it a lot, but don't own it myself[/edit]

TurboGrafx-16
Bonk's Adventure: I heard references to this from friends, want to try it out.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 03:21:05 pm by cptrootbeer »

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2006, 03:24:19 pm »
N64:
Yoshi's Story:  I Know it's a short game, but was fairly fun.  I wouldn't mind buying it for only $10.
Yoshi's Island on the SNES is about nine million times better than this game.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2006, 03:46:04 pm »
N64:

I played this when I was younger, and it was fairly fun. I went back to it a few days ago, and it isn't nearly as great as I once remembered it. I don't want to say that the game is "kiddy" but it does seem to have lost some of its charm.

Yoshi's Island: I just started playing it for the first time and I love it! I can't wait for the DS version!

Offline Dragon_Reborn

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
    • AxI Studios
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2006, 05:38:42 pm »
Only one person mentioned Earthbound (SNES) What a disgrace you people are....
Luke Smith of 1up Yours: "The road the Fanatsy land is paved in virgin's blood."

JOIN AXISTUDIO'S FORUMS!

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2006, 05:48:09 pm »
Earthbound was one of the most overrated RPGs on the SNES, IMO. The battles were horribly boring. All it had going for it was the pure wackiness of its characters, and that didn't make up for the lack of gameplay.

Offline cptrootbeer

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2006, 06:08:04 pm »
N64:

Sorry to hear Yoshi's story isn't that fun.  The reason I didn't list Yoshi's Island is that I still own it for the SNES.  I'm not going to rebuy any games I still have.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2006, 08:54:33 pm »
Basically I will be getting Chrono trigger simply for the fact it was never released in Australia they just never seemed to think RPGs were worth releasing down here as a result we missed alot of gold down here. No Chrono trigger no Earthbound.

Quote from: Dragon_Reborn
Only one person mentioned Earthbound (SNES) What a disgrace you people are....

Attacks Dragon_Reborn and beats him senseless for not reading my posts unless it was shadowlord mentioning earthbound that you missed I'm sorry for beating you up and shadowlord will be around to beat you up again for missing his post.

Offline Deep Lee

• Omega Racer
  • Don't quote pictures. Use words to describe them.
    • View Profile
    • DeepLee.com
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2006, 12:23:57 am »
I doubt I'll get many NES or SNES games, because I have those emulators (and can get them to work) and they're really not as much fun as I remember. My girlfriend will go nuts if I get the Original Super Mario Bros. and Dragon Spirit (if that's ever available)

I will definitely get Majora's Mask & Conker's Bad Fur Day for N64. That is, when I actually get around to buying a Wii. I may wait for the 1st price drop when it goes down to $199, which I am pretty sure it will do. I do want to support Nintendo right off the bat, but I think they will be successful with this system. We shall see. If it's not REALLY successful, then I'll probably go buy one to show my love.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 07:56:12 pm »
I have my douts that you'll see Conter's BFD on th VC, what with MS owning rare and all.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 08:32:39 pm »
I have my douts that you'll see Conter's BFD on th VC, what with MS owning rare and all.

Yeah, you're right. It has been confirmed that no original Rare games (Banjo, Conker, Perfect Dark, etc.) will be appearing on the Virtual Console. However, Rare games made with Nintendo properties (Star Fox and Donkey Kong) will still be able to appear on the Virtual Console, as Rare doesn't own the rights to Star Fox or Donkey Kong.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 09:34:02 pm »
The ultimate question though,

who owns goldeneye? Was nintendo given the licence which they gave to rare or did rare win the licence and decide to release it on a nintendo console?
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 11:28:55 pm »
The ultimate question though,

who owns goldeneye? Was nintendo given the licence which they gave to rare or did rare win the licence and decide to release it on a nintendo console?

Rare doesn't own the properties to James Bond anymore; EA does (and Activision will starting next year).

This means that, because Nintendo has no license on James Bond, both Rare (who made the game) and Activision (who owns the license) must agree to put the game on the Virtual Console before we would see it appear on Nintendo's service. However, as Rare will not be agreeing to any Virtual Console deals with Nintendo, Goldeneye won't be on the Virtual Console.

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2006, 12:03:40 pm »
Any word on if they'll be releaseing any old FF games? I'd love to get my hands on the American version of II and III
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com