Author Topic: E3: Sony Press Conference Live  (Read 6761 times)

Offline Secret|Service

• Rigel Rescuer
  • FOXHOUND
    • View Profile
E3: Sony Press Conference Live
« on: May 08, 2006, 05:00:20 pm »
Coverage for those of you who don't have a live feed.

5:00 - PSP is fastest selling platform in company history. (Sony trying to buff up PSP with sweettalk). 155 more titles will be added.
         Trailers: Killzone: Liberation.   Loco Roco (shown at Tokyo gameshow, pretty cool like warrior ware) Dark mirror (dark 3 person shooter like Splinter cell.. kinda..) and some talkman game... someone mimic the DS....

5:05 -  RSS video/live video/etc etc for future PSP firmware updates.

5:07 -  Promotion video of all these people from around the world saying they are excited for the PS2, including New York, London, Sydney, Cape Town, Tokyo, Mexcio City (i think, i missed it).

5:10 -  Finally some PS3 news (of corse, after going over the old stats released last year... BORING): PSP is going to be compatiable, I guess you can plug it in and playing it on TV through the PS3... But I think it's apparant that Sony is sticking to 1080p to beat down on Xbox 360  :D

5:13 -  PS3 ships with HD. Simultaneous release early november this year. Black PS3 will be released worldwide... I guess the silver colored is gonna be special order.

5:15 - PS3 playable game titles will be showcased at Sony booth at E3. WOHOO!! I know what I'm looking forward to on thursday.  ;D

5:17 - Kazamuri Yamuchi, creater of Gran Turismo coming up to the stage, with the British guy at Sony that does hardware stuff =P. Announcing PS3 title Gran Turismo HD.

5:20 - Gran Turismo running at 1080p at 60 frames per second, NON-COMPRESSED!!! SHOCK!! designed for 16:9 ratio screen... and of corse the racing... and also... you can driver scooters (hehe). Looks awesome... but I cant really see it from my house... taken that I don't have a 1920 by 1080 feed from the press conference  :P But the Tokyo track it showed looks just like the one that was in GT4.

5:22 - GT4 compared, 12 times the amount of data going through. Loading times a lot less than PS2.

5:30 - Boring GT4 like image... but they did announce online testing in Japan for online stuff.. hmmm interesting..

5:32 - Rubber ducky of doom on an eye toy demo... bleh...

5:38 - PSP stuff.... let's see....

5:45 - Online Music Store... boring....

5:50 - I'll post something when something IMPORTANT....  :P

6:00 - So far.... 1080p crap.. and a lame game called africa.... with no gameplay

6:05 - Typical generation-1 next gen console game... does not really use the full power of the console, just some beffed up graphics.

6:07 - Resistance first person shooter... not quite as good as killzone 3.. but pretty cool shooting... but nothing new... if Black was on PS3... it'll totally own... again, quickly put together game... nothing too amazing... small first level demo.

6:16 - A lot of crap... IT SUCKS!

6:35 - Metal Gear Solid 4... not alot... but it shows Solid Snake comitting suicide.
And then the new PS3 controller... looks like ps2 controller. with a big button in the middle. Then some motion sensoring stuff.. with Bluetooth... it's copying the Nintendo controller idea... news... but seriously, stop copying Ninteod... I am right not... really mad... Cause so far, this press release has been bad...

6:40 - Warhedge or something.. flying game that plays using only moving the controller around in mid air... but I doubt it's going to be that great.... I don't like it too much...

6:45 - 499 for 20gb model in US, 599 for 60gb model. Same for Euro except in Euros.

------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I think overall.... Sony has failed us all. Xbox 360 will have a chance now, if they show ANYTHING concerning Halo 3.

Killzone is dead. No great games. Metal Gear Solid 4 with the same technology just different video. Nothing new except for the controller... And it's not that great, it copied off Nintendo off the controller... Microsoft of it's xbox live.... Great... I really am not gonna buy PS3 at release. Only after it gets cheaper or some breakout game like GTA comes out or Killzone for the PS3..

I AM DISAPPOINTED.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:53:04 pm by Secret|Service »

I'm on a highway to hell.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
Re: E3: Sony Press Conference Live
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 05:07:19 pm »
yeah... so far its just been "We have sold so many consoles, we scare ourselves.

werechicken

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 05:09:58 pm »
WOW not only have they got a load of random people to make really scripted comments but it looks like they got Avril Lavigne to speak in the American segment!

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 05:17:31 pm »
That bald guy really scares me.

werechicken

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 05:21:56 pm »
I'll tell you what, watching this GT Hi-Def demo on a low res streaming video really shows you how impressive it'll look

Offline cptrootbeer

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 05:41:19 pm »
oh great... pay for additional content on the psp.  Did you notice he said it was a $50 card?

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 05:43:21 pm »
So far so Meh!

( I liked the eye toy demo though.)

werechicken

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 05:48:51 pm »
If Sony do a oblivion and I have to pay an extra 1 for a gun or a few skins I will kick off, also if I see someone actually playing on that card thing I'll cry with laughter.
edit: anyone who's watching the video, the game Genji2 is supposed to be based on Japanese history... I never knew they had such big crabs back then.....
edit 2: does anyone else who's watched the heavenly sword demo think of Blood Rayne?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 05:54:18 pm by werechicken »

Offline cptrootbeer

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 05:50:55 pm »
I really don't see the point of that card game.  Wouldn't it be better to make it fully digital?  I don't think mixing ps3 with a card game is that great of an idea.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 05:53:48 pm »
That gladiator-esque game looks cool...

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 05:54:16 pm »
Anyone else see the amazing innovation of flipping that crab over to reveal his weakspot and think it's a Zelda boss battle! ?

werechicken

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 05:57:27 pm »
and lair makes me think of Drakenguard
edit: the hell? the video just cut out, this happen to anyone else?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 06:17:15 pm by werechicken »

Offline RaptorJedi

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Adorkable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 06:18:25 pm »
It went out for me too, and now Gamespot is all slow.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 06:19:11 pm »
Went out and won't come back.
this is probably when they are doing the big announcements.

werechicken

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 06:21:30 pm »
right well it's off to bed with me, I've gotta say other than resistance: fall of man(such a clunkt title) i'm pretty disapointed, night all!