Author Topic: Stupid Sony Quotes  (Read 14347 times)

Offline h20

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Stupid Sony Quotes
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 06:39:31 pm »
Im sure 10 years ago you guys would have all went "4GB? Thats one hell of a game!"

Honestly, i see no reason why we cant get up to the 30-50GB range within the next 10 years or so. With HD content like Cutscenes etc...

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 06:44:12 pm »
because i can't afford a computer that powerful? ;)
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 09:58:24 pm »
Im sure 10 years ago you guys would have all went "4GB? Thats one hell of a game!"

Honestly, i see no reason why we cant get up to the 30-50GB range within the next 10 years or so. With HD content like Cutscenes etc...

Yeah, would be really easy to do that. Just uncompress everything  ::)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 11:58:18 pm »
Exactly.  With compression rates getting better and better all the time, having 30-50gb games just isn't going to happen, I doubt even the PS4 is going to need discs that big.  The only thing that's going to take up that kind of space is hig-def video - which games these days shouldn't need to be using.

I think Microsoft made the right choice by not having the 360 support HD-DVD, especially since nobody knows which of the two formats will be more popular, if either of them ever take off.  I expect that HD-DVD will though, if either of them do, the easier, cheaper format usually comes out on top.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 08:39:09 am »
The odds of a publisher creating a game bigger than Oblivion when that game could fit on a normal DVD is friggin' unlikely. Not many people have the resources that Bethesda does. Don't expect to see any game that requires a Blu-Ray disc unless the designers haven't a clue what the hell they're doing or want to include obscene --- obscene --- amounts of FMV.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 08:44:41 am »
Final fantasy... uh... what number are they up to now?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 08:45:44 am »
Final fantasy... uh... what number are they up to now?

Well, XII's in the can so it's not insane, obviously fitting quite well on a DVD. But XIII is bringing back Nomura, so expect badness.

Offline uber fragger

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 12:15:16 pm »

But now the graphics have gotten at a point where you can use the ingame engine for cutscenes and not make CGI movies that take up space, like what developers do for the 360.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 01:54:05 pm »

But now the graphics have gotten at a point where you can use the ingame engine for cutscenes and not make CGI movies that take up space, like what developers do for the 360.

Well said. :) Thanks.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 02:48:20 pm »
Phil Harrison still driving home that PS3 is a PC http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/pc-gaming/sony-pc-dead-nintendo-for-kids-we-innovate-k-179882.php#more

"We believe that the PS3 will be the place where our users play games, watch films, browse the Web, and use other [home] computer functions," said Harrison. "The PlayStation 3 is a computer. We do not need the PC."

So throw away those stupid computers because you don't need them. I'm sure Sony will have a device to allow you to hook up you printer to the PS3 and a program that lets you write papers too.

There's a quote in there on how the Wii is made just for children. You know the Wii will come out right around my birthday, and if I got that it will be the sweetest 28th birthday party ever. Also isn't the DS made for children too? I mean the DS lite is selling like crazy, maybe Sony should start marketing towards kids?
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 03:19:21 pm »
Phil Harrison still driving home that PS3 is a PC http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/pc-gaming/sony-pc-dead-nintendo-for-kids-we-innovate-k-179882.php#more

"We believe that the PS3 will be the place where our users play games, watch films, browse the Web, and use other [home] computer functions," said Harrison. "The PlayStation 3 is a computer. We do not need the PC."

So throw away those stupid computers because you don't need them. I'm sure Sony will have a device to allow you to hook up you printer to the PS3 and a program that lets you write papers too.

There's a quote in there on how the Wii is made just for children. You know the Wii will come out right around my birthday, and if I got that it will be the sweetest 28th birthday party ever. Also isn't the DS made for children too? I mean the DS lite is selling like crazy, maybe Sony should start marketing towards kids?
Obviously Sony are hinting that you should sell your PC for $600 and use the money to buy a PS3 instead.

I wonder if the PS4 will also double as your home and all your other worldly possessions...

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 03:21:57 pm »

Obviously Sony are hinting that you should sell your PC for $600 and use the money to buy a PS3 instead.

I wonder if the PS4 will also double as your home and all your other worldly possessions...
The PS4 will actually make your body obsolete. You can jsut DL yourself into the sleek casing and do some of the things you could in your own body... like gargle... you need a special add-on if you want to walk though.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 05:03:56 pm »

The PS4 will actually make your body obsolete. You can jsut DL yourself into the sleek casing and do some of the things you could in your own body... like gargle... you need a special add-on if you want to walk though.

Bah, walking is over rated.

werechicken

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 05:20:19 pm »
where as the Wii 2 wiil require whole body interaction, and will make all the people who own one a physical embodyment of perfection

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 05:28:58 pm »
The Wii 2 is just an empty cardboard box.

You ARE the console.

:D