Poll

What allowed the Eosapiens to have such a succesful hunt?

A: The decorative bone necklace the lead female was wearing.
3 (16.7%)
B: The dazzling meteor shower that occured the night before.
4 (22.2%)
C: The wind made the Eosapiens fleet-footed.
3 (16.7%)
D: The unusual dreams the lead female had the night before.
5 (27.8%)
E: The position that the Eosapiens slept in last night.
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Far Beyond the Distant Stars... [A Spore RPG]  (Read 33780 times)

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
Far Beyond the Distant Stars... [A Spore RPG]
« on: January 15, 2006, 12:15:43 am »
I fancy running my own Spore RPG, so I will. For those new to this: I will write a (bad, sorry) mini-story of our creature. Then, I will provide a few options for evolution [and later on down the line, migration, declarations of war, space travel], which you can vote on. I will then make an update. The updates will occur AT LEAST once a day, although don't be shocked if it happens more often then that. While the voting will be done via a poll, I encourage you to stick your reasons for voting in a post. Each update will include a (poorly drawn, sorry) picture of the creature as it is currently, and perhaps a few supplementary things (Maps, buildings, art etc.) as time passes. And so, without further ado... Enjoy!

Beyond the bustling starsystems of Gaerleth and Omop, even past the ruins of the Imperia Regnaus, in a galaxy so far away even the astronomers of Tikcomba'itombe had not the device to discern its existence... there was a planet without a name. In fact, nothing there had a name, for there was nothing with the intelligence to identify objects with such an abstraction as naming. But, perhaps one day, with your guidance... That will change.

There was a muddy delta at the confluence of a river and a small, insignificant lake. Nothing remarkable about the geography. Or the plants. Indeed, it seemed that the only thing was was remarkable about this place was its horrible, fetid smell. No human would be able to stand the effluvium of the muck. To spend but an hour here would be torture for the descendants of Adam... A lifetime? Madness! But, for one small, smelly, and generally unremarkable critter; This was home.

It navigated the muddy water with a pair of light-sensing organs on its 'head'... and propelled itself with its tail and two fins. A sensory frill adorned the creature's neck. It was a mucky brown color, although that was almost certainly the mud. Like the guppies of Earth, this creature's natural skintone was translucent. Its tiny heart beat faster as it began to detect something. Something good. Something nourishing. The being's tiny tail beat faster and faster, the signs were stronger and stronger. Ancient instincts kicked in, and the creature began to madly gash at the water with its mouth. And it began to pick up food.

Such a mundane existence, so unremarkable. And yet, this creature's progeny are bound for higher things. That nourishment has allowed the fertilized eggs within develop. Soon they will be laid near the muddy shore of the river, and miniature versions of our protagonist will spring forth. What shall be different about them?

A: The eyes develop more, we need to actually see what we are eating!
B: Frill becomes more sensitive (at the expense of eyesight)
C: Fins become more leg-like
D: Fins become larger and flatter
E: The creature grows larger (From 1 inch long to 2 inches)

EDIT: Alright, the picture is up. Unfortunately, my scanner is broken, so you get to see it in poor mouse-drawn art.com format http://artpad.art.com/?it4mqf16opao. Sorry.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 01:10:39 am by Caltrop »

Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Martham112

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
Re: Far Beyond the Distant Stars... [A Spore RPG]
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 12:27:54 am »
C: We need tiny things on the land for once, like ants

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 03:21:22 am »
C: Yeah, we already have a race of fish on this board... and flying creatures
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 06:32:06 am »
I vote A
Think about it, i want a race of land living dudes too but i would want it to see where its walking first
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 08:03:31 am »
yea, a race of land creatures would be different from what we already have, but I agree with Detoxicated, I vote A

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 08:05:36 am »
There are too many of these games. I'm counting four so far. Please, no more. I'm not asking you to stop this one, but how many does one forum need? We need to draw a hard line.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 08:32:11 am »
if you want me to stop the Inceptus one I can, I only revived it because Krakow Sam asked me to, and it is revived pretty well.

Offline Salazar

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 08:39:56 am »
I dont think the annoy anybody who doesnt want to take part in them, do they?
Btw, i vote A

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 08:47:16 am »
I dont think eyes would be useful... we live in a MUDDY pond. Eyes would only help us see mud, theyd be useless.

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2006, 08:50:16 am »
A: 4
B: 0
C: 2
D: 0
E: 0

A wins! The creature's eyesight improves. I will name the other creatures our critter encounters now for sake of convience. Although they won't actually have 'names' until the critter can invent language and stuff...

As for too many Spore RPGs, I apologise... I just really wanted to start my own, because it seemed like it is a lot of fun (and it is, so far). Hopefully this particular RPG will be worthy of its place, and not just seen as spam. Only time will tell, eh?

As the generations passed this creature began developing its light-sensors. Slowly but surely, mother nature's hand guided the development into rudimentary eyes. While color sensitivity was still lacking, the world could now be seen by the creature much better. In fact, it has impeccable depth perception for a creature so primitive.As a result, its spatial thinking has needed to be improved as well, and the brain grows slightly more complex as a result.

It is with these new eyes that the creatures finally saw their prey. In the less-muddy 'open water' of the river, minute phytoplankton dwelled, and were the creature's primary food supply. They were small and mobile though, and the creature must spend most of its time feeding. This is a problem, as the 'open' water in the region is home not only to the creature's food, but to its primary predator. A small, froglike creature known as the Mannoa has taken a fancy to our critter. While the creatures feed, Mannoas quickly consume large proportions of the school. What shall be done?

A: Takes on more herbivorous characteristics (eat plants closer to the shore, farther away from Mannoas)
B: More fins develop (Faster speed, eventually these could evolve into limbs)
c: More offspring produced
d: Fins become stronger, and burrowing into the shore-mud becomes a common behavior.
e: Camoflauge
f: Poison

Picture: http://artpad.art.com/?it572h1jgrso
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 08:58:46 am by Caltrop »

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2006, 08:54:30 am »
I vote B

I know there is already a fish type race, but all life starts in water anyway and we can eventually evolve onto land.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2006, 08:55:16 am »
Not to spoil your fun but being herbivorous would mean spending More time eating.
 Burrow in the Mud! Mudcreatures from beyond galaxy five! They Hunger!!! In glorious SOUND-O-VISION!!!

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2006, 08:57:42 am »
Not to spoil your fun but being herbivorous would mean spending More time eating.

Oh, really? Well, I'll change the subinfo to 'safer eating' (away from Mannoas). Thank you for the tip. :)

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2006, 09:00:52 am »
F
Not camouflage, the bug like fleas in my spore rpg have camouflage!!
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Salazar

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2006, 09:02:44 am »
B - Should be an Advantage, even when we get to Land.