Author Topic: The Jinnivons (OMYL Age)  (Read 27111 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: The Jinnivons (OMYL Age)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 04:42:13 pm »
Great Fanart! And do not worry about the membrane. Heck is what makes your Jinnivon Race you. They can not all look the same :)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 05:15:31 pm »
Why do not Jinnivons like other Jinnivons is something may species have ask. Well the short answer is pheromones. Adult Jinnivon have a smell that repelse other Adult Jinnivons.There own smell seems to have little effect on them self. Jinnivons can notice this smell over larger areas. When a Young Adult Jinnivon first venture out to find his own area to settle look for a area with little smell really. That way the jinnivon became somewhat eveanly spaced out.

Jinnivons do not always send out theses pheromones. During mating the pheromones changes and accualy attracts others that are ready to mate. It is often at these gathering that colective trubles gets resolved. There are also those that have a Gen defect and eather do not smell these pheromones as bad or do not have these pheromones at all. A very small few even have both defects. Jinnivons that do not have this pheromones Tend to become Rangers but it sometime happens that they gather in Youth gangs. Rangers that have pheromones often do not move around as much as those that lack it.

Early Jinnivons did not have these pheromones. Some belive it was first a genetic defect that forced the early Jinnivons to be expeled form the city living Jinnivons that started the modern solotaric cultur. (Therfor this event is seen accualy as a blessing by the modern Jinnivons. After all They live today wiles there city living ansesotory died in War, Overpopulation and Polution)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 04:56:42 pm »
Jinnivons relgion is very old. about One million years old. In the old times when the city states where still powerfull and strong Jinnivons worshiped many gods.

One day a star fell form the sky. Nothing uncommon but always taken as a omen. Seen as eather the arrows of the gods or sometimes as the carriots of the gods. This time it truly was something special. It was a Naucean starship that hade traveled far to explore the great waterplanet. As common at that time a expedtion was send to revcover what ever could be found at the site. The astrologies manage to figure out where the ship hade most likely landed. They in to the Deep waters of the planet where those that hade abandon the old way have moved. They manage to gain the some of these hermits that would guide them to the crashsite.

When the made it to the crashsite they saw something they did not expect. The gods them self swiming in the ocean. Thogh storries have bin told of sucha thing before this was the first time Jinnivon hade ever seen a Alien. They stayed well away and spied on the Naucean as they made there research. Naucean left leaving just a few minor artfacts that where quickly sacvange by the Jinninons. Objects that the Naucean belived would have no impact on the nature. But they did have impact on the Jinnivons. These became some of the most valued items of the city states and more the a few wars would erupt over these mundane items.

The age of the city state ended and a new age of the Hermit Jinnivon started. The stories of the Naucean laster long after the city states however. One day long after the age of the city state a Ranger called deepswimmer found a other Naucean ship. The ship was pretty intact but for some reson the Nauean pilot have left it on the Jinnivon homeworld. The Ranger entered the ship and hade vision. After exiting the ship he knew that the Naucean god have left it there for a reson. The ranger alerted his find to the other Jinnivons. This had sucha great impact that the mating season was prosponed in favor for a great pigramge to the site. Not sinces the time of the city states hade there bin so many Jinnivons at one place at the same time. They decided that several rangers would guard the site and try to interpent the vision that one gained from entering the ship. In time they would build a larger temple around the larger spherical ship.

The Jinnivons worshiped Naucean and the Jinnivons homeworld became even a pillgrimage site for other followers of the Naucean God even long after the vision have ended. On the walls on the great temple the visions and history how the sphear was found was carved. Many Jinnivons opts for a pillgrimage to the site even tens of thousands years later over mating that season.

I whant the thx Hydro for helping me.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 05:06:38 pm by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2007, 08:50:04 pm »
its about time you used this idea. its been awhile since you asked me to help ya with this :D

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 03:24:37 am »
Yeah i know. I planed to write more but i shorten it just so i could post. Maybe that was a good thing.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2007, 04:41:06 am »
The age of space exporation

Jinnivons spaceships evolved from modifing there own mobile homes. These homes bacame more and more populer with time and replaces the temporary dwellings that prevuse generations have lived in. The homes were often handed down from generation to generation. Every gereration would modifie there home a little bit at a time adding to the technical design.

The earilest ships could only travel at slow speeds in the sea using underwater currents or simply muscle power. Later other Power Sources would be developed which not only made the homes more mobile but also allowed them larger. Later ships could surfaces surfaces even fly above the great sea. Later rockets made i posible to travel in to outer spaces and all the local planets put on the guardianship of the Jinnivons. This expantion was pretty slow. Jinnivons feared that to many rocket ships would damage the environment so only a few Jinnivons left there home planet at this time.

Later as technology advanced new methods of propulsion made i possible for nature frindly spacetravel. At this time there home planet was getting a little overpopulated (by Jinnivon standards.) To solve this Jinnivons developed the stardrive and set out to colonizes the galaxy.

Jinnivons do not colonizes like most other alien do. They just decideds to guard and protect planets. They do not often Terraform (or Aquaform) planets and they never enslave planets. They Guard over them protecting them form those that whants to exploit nature and destroying it in the process. Jinnivons usaly do not guard over planets with advanced civilzations but there are quite a few exceptions. In general Jinnivons think that lesser advanced civilizations are often more connected to nature and less proned to exploiting Jinnivons good will of guardianship. What Jinnivons really hate are machiavelli species.

The Jinnivon Starships are often very larger. Especialy compared to the size of the Jinnivons them self. The Ship have a Orgaic modular Design which makes the robust. Often the ship can be broken down to several smaller ships. Rangers ships tend to be smaller but a lot faster. Jinnivons can often live for several generations on these ships without ever leaving them.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline DK_Man

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2007, 07:13:29 am »
cool!  ;D

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 12:22:26 pm »
interesting evolution of the space technology!   :D
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 12:31:01 pm »
Thx for all the comments. :)

I had to figure out a way for it to naturaly develop. Becuse Jinnivons do not work i teams i thoght the best way was for the technolgy to evolve with time. That way many Jinnivon could contribute without them acturaly working togather.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 06:16:07 am »
The Jinnivon hegemony and there governing body

Jinnivon area of influences is often called the Jinnivon hegemony. They guard over many planets over a huge area. Thoght not in anyway a economic or millitary superpower other species usaly respect on the count of there ablity to fend off attacks and defend there world they guard over.

Jinnivon activly search to extend there infulances by convincing others that it is in there intersets to accept there protection. Some call it Pax Jinnivon Galactica. (In there own terms of couse.)

In the modern era of the star travling Jinnivon the rapid change of politics from other races have forced the Jinnivon set up a more permanent assembly. This parlament are made up by elected repersetatives that are elected at the regional matting gathrings. The Parlament then elects those will manage the adminstration. For Jinnivons is very awkward to work in this way but is a comprimise that was needed. The good thing is that Jinnivons as a hole are very intepended and very few things actualy have to be handeled by the adminstration and parlment.

the assembly it self takes place in a huge starship. Or to be more precise a starship that is made up of several smallere ships. This craft is very morphic as ships comes and leaves all the time. Many times one can not even see the core of the craft becuse of the many ships swarming.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 10:57:50 am by Yokto »
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 05:24:26 am »
Got finished today:

Happy Easter!  :)

(The membranes got lost in the light reflections sadly.)
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 05:31:12 am »
Wow! How did you make it?

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2007, 05:33:52 am »
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2007, 05:47:47 am »
Great fanart Flischmaster! :)
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2007, 05:51:09 am »