Author Topic: 'African Rabies' - Real Life Zombie RP  (Read 41296 times)

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
Re: 'African Rabies' - Real Life Zombie RP
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2008, 02:07:51 pm »
Hey, did anyone hear about that one case in a town in PEI? I may have misread it, or something, but I thought they quarantined it.

For those of you who are Americans, and Europeans, PEI is a small province island on the east coast of Canada.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2008, 02:21:50 pm »
Oh Mah Gawd!  I'm surrounded!  They're on both coasts!  No escape!

But seriously, even if the virus (it has been determined as a virus right?) did pose some sort of reasonable threat, the vaccine is gonna be on shelves within a few weeks.  The system works.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • Insane Communist Skinhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 30, 2008, 06:31:12 pm »
Almost a case where I live. Well, there was a big scare in my apartment building yesterday. At 4 in the afternoon, my Burmese neighbor practically knocks down my door because a couple kids were acting strange outside the building, and since I own the only machete on the floor, I was nominated to check it out. Leaving the building and going into the courtyard, I saw one of the kids, lurching around like some George Romero zombie, and my jaw dropped and I froze, and the F**king Thing bit me!

Thankfully, i punched the zombie in the face, giving it a pretty bloody nose, and then it started crying. Thank god, just some idiot kids pulling a prank. Army patrols and these nondescript plainclothes guys are asking questions all around town, and pulling people, mostly African and Asian immigrants into these "unobvious" black vans (this happening anywhere else?). Is this Holocaust round II or something?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 06:32:56 pm by 4d »

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2008, 08:46:16 pm »
It... it bite you? That can't be good...
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2008, 08:53:37 pm »
HE bite him. Read what he said. It was just some punk pulling (p)a prank.

Really, though, what kind of person takes "ZOMBIE!" from a virus like this? Hell, we don't even know what it DOES!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2008, 01:20:14 am »
Judging from the fact that some symptoms of common rabies is disturbingly similar to zombie-like behavior, people acting like zombies isn't that far-fetched.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2008, 01:23:26 am »
Hell, now that the cats out of the bag we might as well refer to this disease by something else. Forget African Rabies, its more like African Zombies.  :P
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2008, 01:41:41 am »
Just like RE4, eh?

Though, seriously, I hope this doesn't get any worse. This thing's been in the news 24/7. :-\

People here are really starting to feel the soaring oil prices more than ever. And losing the country's only source of oil to China doesn't help either. :( People are lining the streets right now, actually. The place is literally starting to look like the 70's (read: Martial Law). Good thing they haven't brought down the internet yet, or the power lines for that matter. :(

I've been hearing similar reports as well from across the continent. In India and China, there seems to be massive civil unrest. Also, I hear reports of another civil war brewing in Maldives.

Anyone else think terrorists are gonna start using this thing to scare/kill people?

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2008, 01:47:52 am »
I've just heard their are absolutely MASSIVE riots going down in LA. I talked with one of my local police men and I learned something... disturbing. Apparently they aren't letting anyone in or out of the city. All of LA is under lockdown...  :-\

Makes you wonder what the US government could fear enough to lockdown a city of 3 million.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2008, 02:21:51 am »
I hope the looting doesn't reach your area. The LAPD have already locked downtown by now, right? :-\ Cause if they haven't done that yet, you better find a way to protect yourself up there, Andrew. :-\

Also, my mom just learned from her friends mother that the same thing is also happening in SF. :( Not a good sign.

Moving out of town sounds quite tempting right about now. I'm not sure where my folks stand on this issue, though. :( But if worse comes to worse, we'll probably have to either go out of town mostly unprepared or hole up inside our apartment. Good thing we installed that second steel gate way back then.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2008, 04:41:45 pm »
How can they lock down LA? Even if they've diverted troops and police from garrisons across the country, they're never going to be able to prevent people from leaving, not unless they had an immense number of army and navy personnel, along with considerable air support to supplement the land/sea coverage.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2008, 04:45:52 pm »
I agree.  Why waste strength on something futile when it can be spent in other, more important pursuits?  Unless the American government knows something we don't?

I propose we form a strike team to capture the president and find out what he knows!  :P

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2008, 05:10:20 pm »
Hey, did anyone hear about that one case in a town in PEI? I may have misread it, or something, but I thought they quarantined it.

For those of you who are Americans, and Europeans, PEI is a small province island on the east coast of Canada.

My town's in atlantic canada too. So we can assume the disease has spread all through the east coast. Bugger.

Offline 4d

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2008, 05:16:54 pm »
Good idea, but, as a reservist; if I joined you, that would mean my immediate discharge and a lack of information from on-duty friends, and possible execution or life imprisonment. But I was watching the news, and all these troops in cities like Philly, NYC, San Diego, LA, and DC are wearing gas masks. Is this stuff airborne now?

How're things in LA? I've heard some news about cases amongst the homeless and more looting, but it seems so unreal.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2008, 05:44:32 pm »
Is this stuff airborne now?

You know, that's a very good question.  We should try to compile some information about this thing.  Anybody got anything?  because all I've got is that it's a virus.  We need things like how it spreads, transferability, lethality, more definite origions, whatnot.  Seriously, if people in infected areas are in such a hurry to run over to us and infect us, they had better have good reason.