Author Topic: Next podcast?  (Read 105591 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Next podcast?
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2007, 01:56:16 pm »
Long story short ... the server wasn't working and I couldn't really even post to the site, and it was just getting worse and worse (which is why I turned off the commenting a few weeks ago on the main site). I couldn't update the site because I couldn't GET into the backed of the site ... it was that bad. Well, after rebuilding the server and upping the memory the server finally seems to be working better than ever and is finally back to normal.

Now I'm just going to update the backend blog software to the latest version (hopefully today), make sure it works, and then updates will begin again! And then so much more...

Maybe this will help. He was having server problems and he couldn't do the updates. That probably affected the podcasts too. If you've noticed, he has been posting in the last few days and he is still working on the forum, the server and the site. Maybe it won't be too much longer. Got to have all the equipment working to make it happen.  ;)

Offline golden_balls

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 12, 2007, 03:19:02 pm »
this guy does seem to have have alot of bad luck when it comes to this site and his podcasts
losing his adpator for his podcasting equipment way back in the days of regular updates to name but one

but lets not dwell i still have this website bookmarked in my computer section so he hasnt lost a listener yet  ;)

Offline Snapple

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 13, 2007, 03:45:53 pm »
all we can do is wait, though i think steve should have to do karoke for making us wait so long  ;)
just keep subscribed to the feed and hopefully we will get a shock in iTunes soon
Dentists should not have to learn about lactation

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2007, 09:02:50 pm »
Long story short ... the server wasn't working and I couldn't really even post to the site, and it was just getting worse and worse (which is why I turned off the commenting a few weeks ago on the main site). I couldn't update the site because I couldn't GET into the backed of the site ... it was that bad. Well, after rebuilding the server and upping the memory the server finally seems to be working better than ever and is finally back to normal.

Now I'm just going to update the backend blog software to the latest version (hopefully today), make sure it works, and then updates will begin again! And then so much more...
In case anyone missed it...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 01:28:53 pm by danzik »

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 20, 2007, 08:39:39 am »
Does that mean there were posts you were never able to get up?
Are there perhaps lost episodes of Gamingsteve?
Do they explain the dissapearance of Chuck? Tiger? Donna's Younger Sister?
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 28, 2007, 10:21:31 am »
:o
Hidden deep within the island of the Skull under the Iron Mine....

arrgh!
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2007, 01:01:54 am »
Has Steve fixed the server yet? Is there any sort of ETA on the next podcast?
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 29, 2007, 09:39:37 am »
we'll make our own gaming-steve podcast! we'll take steve's voice samples from older ones, and create a new one! lets call it: the gamingsteve mindless drone podcast!  :D
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #278 on: January 30, 2007, 12:55:18 am »
Don't give them ideas :P

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 30, 2007, 01:05:51 pm »
we'll make our own gaming-steve podcast! we'll take steve's voice samples from older ones, and create a new one! lets call it: the gamingsteve mindless drone podcast!  :D

you stole my idea....wel since you thought of it i dont want to anymore...

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Super Famicom

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
    • TheDigitalGamer.com
« Reply #280 on: January 31, 2007, 01:23:49 pm »
So, is this 'Game Over' for Gaming Steve?

The lack of even a brief post explaining what is going on is pretty surprising (and pretty dissapointing).

He set the standard for independent podcasting, so to abandon the community like this is very strange.

Hope you're OK Steve - you're sorely missed.
My blog: TheDigitalGamer.com - now with forums and The Game Club

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 01, 2007, 09:56:36 pm »
So, is this 'Game Over' for Gaming Steve?
The lack of even a brief post explaining what is going on is pretty surprising (and pretty dissapointing).
He set the standard for independent podcasting, so to abandon the community like this is very strange.
Hope you're OK Steve - you're sorely missed.
You're lack of reading up five posts is also surprising ;)

Offline golden_balls

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 02, 2007, 12:24:17 pm »
its been several months since he last updated the news section even longer if you dont include the maplestory and the ps3 why posting. i doubt the above reasan is the entire explanation for his absence otherwise he would have explained the problems in his weekly podcast  ;) ooops sorry make that his bi annual podcast lol

he is spending time with his family and working hard on his new project.

i still have his podcast on my itunes list. since he hasnt made a podcast in months does itunes have a policy of deleting his podcast from the server if he hasnt uploaded a podcast in X amount of time ?

Offline Yankeefan

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 04, 2007, 08:37:36 pm »
It's gotten so bad, that even the posts about his podcast are drying up. Look, I have 2 kids of my own, a career, etc. I've never let folks down who were depending on me for anything and I never could say I didn't have a spare few minutes to let folks know what was going on. Somehow I'll bet he isn't turning any free games or such away at his doorstep...
Yankees rule, Red Sox drool!

www.poweruser.tv     I'm Joel

Get

Offline LazyScoutJedi

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 04, 2007, 10:33:09 pm »
It's like he disappeared ???