Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 343981 times)

gec05

Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #780 on: April 29, 2007, 09:35:51 pm »
Finished under 41 hours.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 29, 2007, 09:41:40 pm »
Yeah but you just catch what you want you don't need a fully trained team of 6 constantly at the start of the game you got your starter plus maybe 1 or 2 that you get early on maybe you will keep one of those maybe you will ditch them both you might have all 6 slots filled but only because you can't be bothered putting them in the PC yet when you catch the rest. Then when you find the exotic Pokemon that has the right element you are after to compliment you team you ditch a Pokemon that you haven't battled with at all soon you should have an uber team of 6.

Having more of each type available allows for more variety a fire type maybe vital to many teams and limiting the amount of fire types in game limits the possible team combinations as every man and there dog has a Firedon (fictional Pokemon i made up for point of argument). I enjoy trying to make a unique team but it's no fun when there are so few to choose for one element and 500 new water Pokemon.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 29, 2007, 09:55:09 pm »
I have 5 badges, 30 hours played and 4 pokemon I use and 2 that are HM tools.

I kind of play slowly, like doing other things while battling etc. I am still looking for the right ones to take the last 2 spots! Preferably something that looks cool and isn't weak to electric attacks... hmm...

By the way, what teams do you all have?

I have:

Empoleon
Luxray
Floatzel
Staraptor
Cutflash
Rocksmash

I was hoping that the egg would be something cool but when it hatched I was greatly disappointed...

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 29, 2007, 10:14:06 pm »
Just get the best ground type you can get your grubby mits on 100% resistance to electric attacks plus extra damage for Earthquake which mostly can be learnt without a TM.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 30, 2007, 01:03:12 am »
If you're wondering it took me about 30 hours of playing time. Well, off to new regions!

di you just say that we can go to other regions after the final four? if so, which one(s)?

There's no other regions, but you get to go to the small island at the top right of the map.  There are a few towns there, a very large cave, a lot of the more exotic Pokemon, and the battle tower, etc.  The Sinnoh region itself is twice the size of Kanto and Johto put together, so I don't think there's much to complain about.

Currently, my team is Empoleon, Luxray, Lucario, Staraptor and two Bidoofs as HM slaves.  I'll probably put my newly caught Magby on there soon, and some form of Ground or Grass Pokemon.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 30, 2007, 03:06:27 am »
The GTS is a mixed blessing. The seek function is utterly worthless because the system is completley flooded with inane requests like wanting a Lv100 Jirachi in return for a Zubat. Bizzarely, a lot of these dumb requests are in japan...
Using Deposit though, is a godsend. Every time i've deposited something so far i've gotten what I wanted within the same day I put it up.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 30, 2007, 08:19:09 am »
Yeah, I think I screwed up with the GTS.

I put my psyduck in for a pikachu, just to see if I would get something.
Well, I did, but I'm partly regretting it.

For one, Psyduck is psychic, and two the pikachu has a Japaneses name -_-

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 30, 2007, 08:46:43 am »
I've heard the Japanese name will change if it evolves.

My part has Grotle, Staravia, Bronzor, Luxio, and Buizel. The sixth slot is currently up in the air. I had a Machop there, but I was thinking about replacing him with either a Cranidos or a Stunky. I'm still not sure which I want. Stunky is a strange combination of poison and dark, which will eventually be what I want my party to have, but Cranidos would help me kill electricity pokemon, which I'm generally weak to. And within 10 minutes of not having Machop, I started missing having a fighting pokemon around to pwn up all the normals I run into.

And Cobra, sprinkle some puncuation marks in there. But I train up all of the pokemon in my party. They are all at the same level, unless I fight a gym battle with only one or two pokemon, at which point I just don't use them until my others catch up. That's just how I play, and it isn't conducive to regularly switching out pokemon from my party.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 30, 2007, 08:58:29 am »
Yeah, I think I screwed up with the GTS.

I put my psyduck in for a pikachu, just to see if I would get something.
Well, I did, but I'm partly regretting it.

For one, Psyduck is psychic, and two the pikachu has a Japaneses name -_-

Actually, Psyduck isn't psychic. This confused me for a long time. It's just water type, despite learning psychic moves.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 30, 2007, 09:17:03 am »
That would probably make him a secondary psychic in D/P. That's generally how it works. My Bronzor is Steel, but because he learns psychic moves his secondary is psychic.

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 30, 2007, 10:02:28 am »
Well, then change pikachu's name to english? Is there a name changing guy?

Oh god I cannot wait,  I'm expecting it tomorrow!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 30, 2007, 11:22:58 am »
Nope, Psyduck is pure water. It doesn't have Psychic as a secondary type at all.

Offline aligon

• Tron User
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 30, 2007, 04:19:22 pm »
I think I might just get this game. I can't believe all you guys that finish the game in 40 hours or whatever, I always take so long to get through the pokemon games....It probably took me something like over 100 hours to finish yellow, and somewhere around that number to finish the first land in silver...

As Inevitable as Life Itself. Spread the Joy.

My Sporepedia page:
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Aligon

The Agnoculus:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=7619.0

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 30, 2007, 05:04:49 pm »
And Cobra, sprinkle some puncuation marks in there. But I train up all of the pokemon in my party. They are all at the same level, unless I fight a gym battle with only one or two pokemon, at which point I just don't use them until my others catch up. That's just how I play, and it isn't conducive to regularly switching out pokemon from my party.

Well then you only got your self to blame if your play style is making things sucky.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: April 30, 2007, 05:26:18 pm »

I was hoping that the egg would be something cool but when it hatched I was greatly disappointed...

What was it? because I got Happiny

You'll never know why.
<_< Ż\[ ◕O ◕]/Ż >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier